Disney Ducks storytime part deux

Continuing our storytime of Barks and Rosa stories. This is "A Little Something Special", written by Rosa to celebrate 50 years of McDuck.
Previous thread:

Anyone reading?

Yes. Thanks OP.

Yep.

Weird story in that Blackheart Beagle would have to be at least 110-120 years old, but they're cartoon dogmen, so whatever.

>mickey mouse
>autograph
This comic is so far removed from him I forgot it was the same universe.

thanks OP, Rosa is always great

Eh, he was still alive at the end of Life and Times. If we say he was, I dunno, 35 in Master of the Mississipi and his sons were teenagers, that'd make him... oh, yeah, ok, he'd be 107. Still, maybe he's just really spry for an old guy.

Anyway! Here's a story with Jose Carioca and Panchito Pistoles.

Mickey and Goofy are actually movie stars in Rosa's canon. They don't even know Donald.

Well, y'know, nobody takes a wallop like Goofy.

This was his last story, and Rosa still finds a way to incorporate stuff from his Lancelot Pertwillaby comics, in this case the college-educated tribal leader.

Bump, thank you kind OP

Okay, I'll queue up a few more, but then I've got to go. If this thread survives until tomorrow I might post a few more then.

Did Don Rosa make any stories without Scrooge?

Not that I can remember off the top of my head.
It's worth noting that Rosa considers Scrooge the main character of the Duckverse rather than Donald, which is an attitude most people probably don't share.

Ahh too bad, I love his style but Donald is more appealing to me

Thanks for all these m8, have a bump. Will read later.

Bump

rumpa bump bump

Excellent! The end is just how I imagined. And I loved it. (these last two pages are so damn funny)

Thanks Op.

There's been some Donald stories that Scrooge doesn't appear in or where Scrooge does appear but Donald is still the main character. Mostly ten page stories.

The thing I like about A Little Something Special is that even though it's supposed to celebrate Scrooge, every duck gets a part to play in the story and each gets their shining moment. Like it's a celebration of duck comics as a whole instead of just Scrooge.

Whipped up this reaction image for the hell of it.

Bumping to read later

A blast from the last (thread): This is the epitome of why I hate Rosa. Compare this treacly, smarmy shit to the end of Only A Poor Old Man.

What?
When was that mentioned?

There's a small story where Donald and the nephews go to some big business movie studio for a tour, where they talk about Mickey and Goofy being famous actors.

Then why did you read it?
Do you enjoy participating in things you don't like, or something?

I originally read it because it was in the comics when I was a kid, and I couldn't explain then why I didn't like it. Now I saw it reposted in a thread so I commented on it. I enjoy participating in threads about Barks because I love his work, and in Rosa threads because I enjoy pointing out what a fucking sentimentalizing shit hack he is.

Rosa, get of Cred Forums.

No! Not until I figure out a way to make Moot's life make *sense*! In my headcanon it's one coherent story.

>Compare this treacly, smarmy shit to the end of Only A Poor Old Man.
Actually a valid contrast between their Scrooges tbqh

thanks OP

>Gladstone using his powers of luck for good