So what point did this battle serve? What was either side hoping to accomplish by fighting...

So what point did this battle serve? What was either side hoping to accomplish by fighting? Did any of them expect the opposite side would understand their argument if they just punched them in the face enough times? Please help me understand.

Op, you need to understand that this is a Bendis event, nothing is going to make sense the characters are going to be out of character and it will change nothing for the status quo.

I still think that this entire event is a global wide vision of the Inhuman kid, none of this has actually happened, but it could.

Maybe the fights would make more sense if the event had a fight-only tie-in like AvX.

>Did any of them expect the opposite side would understand their argument if they just punched them in the face enough times?
Generally speaking, that's how superheroes resolve most of their arguments. The superhero genre is one based around the idea of trying to beat morality into your opponent.

Carol's side was defending themselves and the Triskelion, who knows what Tony was trying to do.

I imagine the intent was to stop Carol, but since it appears that they stopped because of the vision. Which doesn't make sense, because if Tony is so set on stopping pre-crime, seeing miles kill Cap shouldn't have changed a thing.

So the only thing we got from this is

>Teen jean getting btfo
>Karnak proving that he can hang with Tony is CQC
>The return of the Black panther Crossface chicken wing
>close up of marque magik

Has there been any visions of Carol or the Inhumans in them?

I bet those Inhuman shit heads would think twice if Ulysees saw Medusa murdering Tony

Here's the thing. There are people online who came out of this issue hating Carol and not getting what the fight was about.

This is why Marvel makes shit like this.

Fucking this.
At least in Civil War both sides had a reason for fighting. The Pro-Regs were fighting to arrest the Anti-Regs for breaking the law, while the Anti-Regs were fighting back.
Carol's side was fighting because they were under attack, but what the fuck was Tony's plan? If he had "won" nothing would have changed.
The worst part is that he claims that Carol "literally" left him no choice, which is blatntly untrue, there were plenty of other things he could have done before resorting to punching. He and his allies could have done a huge press conference denouncing Carol's fascist ways and put pressure on the government to take Carol's authority away. And that's just off the top of my head.

>The Pro-Regs were fighting to arrest the Anti-Regs for breaking the law
Sorta.

It started out as: you can't run around and beat the shit out of people and generally be a Vigilante because people get hurt when there's no training or accountability (that being a Watchmen style deconstruction of one of the things that we just all agree to ignore to make capeshit work: in the real world what the "heroes" are doing would be called "lynching"). In other words you cannot, legally, PLAY COP. If you want to help with hands-on badguy catching then you need to actually BE A COP (or an Avenger if you're doing the Hero thang).

Which is actually pretty reasonable at these things go (with the obvious objections that either the police is corrupt/system is broken a-la Batman so you need to operate "above/outside the system" or "if I go out and fight crime people will target my family, why the shit do you think I wear a mask??")

But because people also drew the (also really obvious) comparisons with Gun Control we had the Muh Freedumbs! people push the ProReg types over the line into pure Fascism where they were literally rounding up anyone who had powers and locking them into a literal gulag in the fucking Negative Zone if they wouldn't sign on to be government stormtroopers.

The same thing happens here: they start out stopping fucking Thanos from getting a fucking Cosmic Cube/Celestials Invading (being on the spot at Ground Zero when Shit Goes Down) which is exactly how you handle anything in real life like a bomb threat or whatever.

Then due to poor planing (or, really, Bendis P.I.S.) people get hurt/killed and Tony goes full retard.

BUT ... you're supposed to side with Tony in this; so the Other Side are suddenly Literally Fascist (via Minority Report style Precrime). And Bendis feels the need to wedge in "Muh Profiling" while not apparently understanding the difference between FBI style profiling (Criminal Minds) and Racial Profiling (Stop And Frisk).

Not really someone who keeps up with comics but from what I read so far its literally just:

>Use Ulysses to stop future crimes
>Nah you can't prevent the future
>BTW Hulk is dead
>BTW we want Captain America dead again

I'm fairly new to comics so take my opinion with a grain of salt but, Civil War 2 is a yawn fest.

It accomplished getting casuals who only care about fight scenes and powerlevels to buy it, I assume. I guess we'll find out when the sales numbers are out.

I'm glad Bendis has a vendetta against Peter. It means it wont be part of this shitty event.

>I'm fairly new to comics so take my opinion with a grain of salt but, Civil War 2 is a yawn fest.

I think that's pretty much the consensus of a lot of people, even those reading comics for a long time.

>So what point did this battle serve?

It looks really cool on a full page

The point of the battle, unfortunately was stupid.

Carol arrested someone who Ulysses saw was a secret hydra fanatic who was going to blow up her office building with a suitcase bomb

Turns out, the person didn't have a bomb on them when they arrested her. They arrest her anyway and Carols been interrogating her to admit she is hydra. The women they arrested has no fucking idea what's going on and Carol won't release her.

Tony shows up and sees the arrest and results as a final straw.

>Miles is fighting against Carol
>Uses his Venom Blast on Flash
>Everyone sees the vision of Miles holding Cap's corpse
>Everyone stops fighting
>"Oh! You are going to jail now!"

who needs a context if it is a black man?

I think this is the meta commentary Bendis wants to do?

Wouldn't he be under arrest for taking part in the massive brawl/riot already?

meta commentary? Bendis?

I was super confused by the ending of the latest issue. I don't read marvel often but I have been buying civil war 2 because how big it's been. So my question is why is there three captain Americas? And which one did miles kill? Because white cap is literally in the next panel.

There are two. One nigger, one white. The one that was killed was the white one, but it was in a vision that Ulysseus showed to everyone.

Can someone point me to a good tl;dr summary of civil war and related events?

Do a google image search for "microwaved turd"

There should be plenty of results

Just watch the movie Minority Report, it'll fill you in pretty well

No point to it OP. Bendis knew that since the title was called Civil War and that we were are already 6 issues into this fucking event (including #0), that he needed to draw a big fight scene. The setup or the why doesn't matter as he just wanted a big fight scene.

So don't think about it too much as the writer definitely wasn't.

This completely went over my head when I first read it. Bendis is such a fucking retard.

>So what point did this battle serve?

When the whole concept was a lazy attempt at a quick cash-in on Captain America: Civil War's box office success, it's no surprise that the result was even shittier than the original Civil War comic.

But the writers cheered and exclaimed it to be epic when they heard Bendis's pitch.