Teen Titans Rebirth Preview

It's another "Damian kidnaps people to be his friends"

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/percy-on-the-friendship-that-hopefully-unites-the-teen-titans/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

one page in and the narration is not good

smdh

>someone's writing beast boy right for a change
Thank you percy you trigon sounding motherfucker.

yeah, ben percy isn't a good writer, but at least this reads better than his green arrow

>Damian will never kidnap you

why even live

>underage drinking
PERCY YOU MAD LAD

>I can't believe he's dead
I can't believe DC expects me to care.

I dont know too much about beast boy but this is awful, does he usually act like this, he was going to kiss a girl then he change his mind and decides to go to the pool where then he scare the girl, i dont get it.

>Tyra
That's a funny way of spelling "Terra"

"lonely child-celebrity who does dumb bullshit for attention" is his usual characterization, yeah.

This is classic beast boy to a T.
>depressed
>no sense of boundaries
>trying to fuck pretty chicks but failing because he's an asshole
>grieving for someone he knew

He's not actually dead, he was kidnapped by a Superman villain.

Percy even got the bad animal puns, This motherfucker knows his shit.

That's pretty much exactly beast boy. He's known for making an ass of himself and getting too personal with people.

And he's always trying to hookup, but always fucks up.

>by a Superman villain.
possibly

It would have be the second one then. They've made it sound like Judas Contract has already happened in this timeline when talking about the upcoming crossover.

>Damian
and dropped

I like Slutty Gar, he should strip more often.

All right I guess give this a shot, still can you guys help me out, what do you guys recommend to know more about him ?

I know new 52 teen titan was awful, or at least what everyone on the internet is telling me and I also know he had a mini but that was before new 52.

We've already gotten the Raven part and Wally part yeah?

Basically like 8 pages left then

Nice, green nipples.

And now we know why these pages were only shown today.

Wally got a few pages, nothing with Raven yet.

Huh. So, does that mean the Teen Titans and Young Justice cartoon both got him wrong?

Well the real beast boy would have turned into an ape and violently raped her and talked about how the screams of terror have to be real for him to get off

Only one missing now are the Starfire pages

>Damian ambushes Starfire while she's in the middle of fucking Dick

Different takes on the character, that shit is too depressing for a kids show.

All TT shit is awful. Every so often it will have a good couple of comics, good character relations. Shit like that.

Basically just read the first New Teen Titans runs.

Young Justice was way off, more like they reinterpreted his 2000 cartoon which already reinterpreted him to be less horny and asshole-ish.

Apes have a smaller penis than humans user.

It's an adaptation, so they can change it up if they need something different. Keep in mind that Robin in both those is supposed to be Dick.

No we got Raven's pages

I want to put my dick in this beastboy

in old teen titans, Tyra was an Amazon, she was there at the big wedding

neat.jpg

no
we got raven's comic (Raven has her own comic) but not her teen titans thing

Yeah but it's like you can't really faithfully adapt NTT for kids. The demon rape alone would get it a TV-MA rating.

I know that Priest and Abnett(?)have plans for the Judas Contract but does that mean the events at the beginning of the New 52 never happened?

At the beginning of New 52 Terra and Beast Boy were prisoners of Harvest and they were younger than Dick's generation.

More like Damian kidnaps Starfire to convince her she and Dick belong together

It's best to treat all Lobdell stories as non-canon unless directly referenced.

Tell that to the men apes

Before the 2003 cartoon Beast Boy was a clown with mental issues due to his childhood, his history with the Doom Patrol and Teen Titans.

After the cartoon, comic writers toned down his mental instability, reduced his ties to the Doom Patrol and made him a more comedic character.

Depending on who you ask this is either a good thing or a bad thing.

>Lobdell
>happened

pick one

Who also kidnapped Doomsday. And is connected to Watchmen.

>Starfire becomes a surrogate mother for Damian
>Damian learns to open up, and trusts her
>Damian tells his big bro Dick about how he found a new role model
>Damian walks in on Dick fucking Starfire in the ass, gets scarred for life

Except we did, she was in a museum or something and Damian ambushed her there and Damian called her weak despite being stronger than all of them

cbr.com/percy-on-the-friendship-that-hopefully-unites-the-teen-titans/
See, raven's pages
All we got left are Starfire's and like 4 pages before and/or after all of them

This. :^)

The Titans are saved from their curse! How does Damian "Best Robin" Wayne do it? Morrison's and Tomasi's B&R, Robin: Son of Batman, this book and I'm sure Supersons will be great as well. I've never seen a fictional character hit so man straight A's.

>Pretending to drown
>NO

Beast boy a cute

Let's not get carried away.It looks promising.

I really hope the writers do not use the movies as the basis for Damien's personality in this because movie Damien is awful.

Has Percy ever written Damien before?

Honestly just go read the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans. Everything written since then for any Titan not named Wally West or Dick Grayson is basically a derivative of that work

Who the fuck would use two straight to DVD movies as their basis?

he's written Emiko which is basically Damian with loli tits. Why was she aged up so much from between Rebirth and DCYou? I swear she was still pretty young in the start of Percy's run.

Johns's batman is based on cartoons, the under the hood movie and theburton movies, and that guy is the president. We

Cartoons and TV shows have always influenced comic characters.

Harley Quinn first debuted in BTAS,made it to the comics and starred in a movie.

The 2003 Teen Titans cartoon influenced how the characters are written in the comics today.

John's Batman is based on All-Star Batman and Robin

I have no idea where you two are pulling this from

yeah johns' batman actually cares about dick

Holy shit Beast Boy is CUTE

I'm glad they won't let him grow up, he should stay an adorable shota

YJ Dick was on point though

F for respect

>shirtless BB

Well it's a good beginning.

He has his father's eyes.

Is there any other way to make friends?

>"Damian kidnaps people to be his friends"
You say that as if it were a Bad Thing, user.

>tfw you'll never get kidnapped, raped, beaten, and eventually develop stockholm's syndrome for your kidnapper
why even live

Well Beast Boy is as shitty as he's been in literally everything I've ever seen with him. So there's that.

It's not all it's cracked up to be user

It just damned on me how weird it is to have a green shapeshifting animal superhero in a world where he's supposed to be tied to the Red. Unless he's tied to both the Red and the Green somehow, which would make some sense. I'd fix it by having Sakutia be some kind of plant based disease.

they turned him red in the new 52 and everyone hated it so they turned him back

He used to be red with Lobdell but when they relaunched the book they changed him back to green.

>hating on best boy
Have fun being a cunt m8.

Don't take things so literally user, just cause it's called the Red doesn't mean everything connected to it needs to be red.

I'm okay with just retconning everything Lobdell wrote

>I blew a wad

Based Damian

Bald guy is Morrison.

This book can't come out soon enough, hopefully all the people that can only spam "WHERE IS DAMIAN?" in the bat-books threads will stop

Where are you guys downloading your rebirth stuff from? Because I cannot find stuff anywhere anymore. Unless I'm buying my comics from my local store, other than that I cannot find comics online at all.

He has been tied to the Red since the concept was introduced, and even before that he was tied to M-Field, which was how it was called before.

He's green because the medicine used to save his life, and what ended up connecting him to the Red, turned his skin green.

The reboot made him red initially and that was fucking dumb.

Is it just me or has tim drakes death been getting mentioned a lot.
Helps to tie some timeframes together i suppose.

She has no sense of humor you dodged a bullet there gar.
Shame you could not do the same with the taser.

Believe in the rebirth magic user.

Wait medicine.
These pages do a pretty poor job of explaining his origin.

Could somebody post the wally pages.

Uuuuh, you don't get to kidnap friends

so since rebirth has old supes back and all,will the teen titans in this have raven,starfire and cyborg aswell?

Just Raven and Starfire.

I feel like the New52 missed an opportunity with Cyborg.He should have been on the Titans and then got promoted to the JL.

New 52 Titans was bad so maybe Cyborg not being on the team was a good thing.

TORILLA TAVATAAN

Did they ever answer how he went from Red to Green?

Nope,he just became green with no explanation.

I really prefer it to the times a character "died" and nobody seemed to address it at all, due to scheduling hiccups or who knows what. Dick got a little bit of that after Forever Evil.

For the longest time I thought I missed something when he showed up green.

is starfire still a teenager?
i mean dick is nightwing right now so...