Now that episode 1 is out. What did you guys think?

Now that episode 1 is out. What did you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i3jDe09QC9U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like it. It has potential to be really fun.

Milo himself is pretty damn cool, but the other two just kind of rub me the wrong way. They both sort of have the same role as a sort of psuedo-Straight man, as in they realize what's going on is weird or bad, but only the black kid really reacts to it much. Melissa seems to just accept it and is all nonchalant and smug about it.

Nice to have main female characters that actually have some small degree of curves, though.

I hated that Phineas and Ferb shit but I don't hate this.

It's shit. Would bang the redhead though.

Pretty boring so far. The black best friend acts in as a pseudo Cadence but less charming.
There's also no equivalence to Dr. Doofenshmirtz which was by far the best character from the last show.

Are you complaining this show isn't a complete clone of P&F? I'd think that's a good thing that they're trying, especially since P&F didn't have a single originality bone in it's entire body after episode 1.

Pretty fun

Songs when?

this

It seemed to be some good quality work, and it was enjoyable, but I just don't see it holding up on repetition. The premise holds an episode, but it feels like a stretch to base a whole series on it.

I liked it, not just because I like Weird Al but because I'm excited to see how all this random shit gets explained.

Pretty okay. Not great out-of-the-gate but interesting enough to watch it develop.

It's not that, it's just the replacement they offered is really bland, especially in comparison in comparison to the handful of stand out characters from the last show.

the CGI is horrendous. the animation overal iss poor when character just stand and look at "the joke" or talk.
needs a few more episodes to decide about the characters and plots.

>Cadence
every time
shit is it opposite day? did I forget?

anyway this show's pretty bland. it's hard to care when nobody else in the show cares. i was almost with it as just 'oh well he's irrascibly optimistic and his lady pal is genre savvy' until he was like "how do normal people stand their lives being so boring?" and then it's like.. all sympathy lost. now i kinda WANNA see the little milquetoast get creamed.

Why is there a picture of a phineas and ferb extra on Cred Forums?

If you have Weird Al voicing the MC, then you're gonna need music like every other episode. Hopefully they get on that seeing how P&F had a song each episode.

Phineas and Ferb's originality was in its writing, which was astoundingly clever and verbal. Lots of casually delivered jokes and dialogue about subjects other kids shows would never touch, much of it quite intellectual.
The use of formula was a little strict and limiting, yes, but there's not many other ways you could format an 11 minute episodes and still fulfill the rather complex dual premises of the show. That complexity is actually why several networks turned down the show for years.
And later on they definitely experimented with other formats and tried things they hadn't done before, including lots of jokes poking fun at the formula.

remember when Phineas was kind of an asshole though?
They'll almost definitely evolve the characterizations and make them better and more memorable in time, we were watching the pilot.

Pretty sure they said they got really sick of having to have a song every episode for P&F.
I'm guessing there will eventually be songs but they don't want to set precedent with the first few episodes.

They put a lot of effort into it, but it's not my kind of humor. I doubt kids would like it much either, because the jokes are relatively high-concept.

ok so far. The openly supernatural shit can and will be a problem though. Some scenes don't make sense too. Underground doofenschmitz was a bad idea, i hope he doesn't return

Really like that Melissa and Milo seem to get together well (i hope they hook at some point)

it feels like Phineas and Ferb only less funny and with no song in each episode

I'm not sure there's any reason to have songs in this show. No one responsible for the show has any notable history of using music either humorously or to tell a story, so I question its use in a comedy cartoon

>Weird Al Goddamned Yankovic
>No notable history of using music humorously or to tell a story

I don't think it's bait, just sarcasm

It's hard to tell which is which sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=i3jDe09QC9U
Bretty gud, Disney stepped up the TV animation game

yeah but remember how much better that phineas would have been had he been kept?
I somehow doubt they're going to ADD edge over time

still, ima keep watching it. I just feel like if you're going to make a show whose entire gimmick is 'unlucky guy' you need to study more Mr Bean and less Get-Along Gang

Zack feels like more of a main character than Milo.

well, Candace was the real main character of Phineas & Ferb

Solid, and nothing more.

His attitude towards chaos reminds me of metal gear Revengence character. Like sundowner or Sam. He embraces it.

>Bad things happening is great, makes everyday an adventure, discover amazing things, makes you appreciate life, trains your body and mind to react to the real world!
>What I'm trying to to say is... Give things going wrong a chance!

One's new to the chaos that is Milo and the other has been friends with him for a long time.
I can understand why they act how they do

I think it could be fun. Also I like the girl's butt.