Mulan

Why didn't Mulan just go home when Shang told her to, during the training song? She accomplished what she intended to do which was get her father out of fighting in the army. Even if they called her father up he would've been sent home the same way too because he was unable to fight.

Mulan's father probably would have died in training.

Honor probably.

>Implying Fa Zhou wouldn't have been a killing machine even with his bum leg.

I know, right?
Like, who would want to show everyone how much more badass they are than everyone else through hard work and perseverance after being called out by their boss?
Like, ugh, I can't even right now, I'm going to go roll around in my numale participation prizes for awhile

They might have sent him out right away to die on the front lines since he was already a veteran and had been previously trained.

Family honour

That's retarded though. She's a noblewoman in ancient China. She shouldn't even have a concept of what hard work is, let alone value it or seek to defeat men in dominance games. It's nonsensical.

>Not understanding HONOR

Fine, she's a tranny who wants the honor of a man, happy now?

Mulan hated her life and was basically suicidal and desperately looking for something to replace being a Chinese housewife, which she was terrible at. She thought being a soldier seemed cool, and refused to accept that she was terrible at that as well.

Realistically, Shang would have chopped her fucking head off the second she caught his attention as incompetent, as an example to others to not be incompetent. He wouldn't have sent her home or given her another chance. Ancient warchinks didn't fuck around.

But all the recruits were incompetent.

But not all of them caught his attention enough to tell them to "go home".

Yeah, Shang's unit was never supposed to see action because his daddy was a general.

>OP thinks you can just go home from the army without fighting the enemy as you were told

Maybe in the Qin army of the warring states. But Mulan takes place in the Northern Wei kingdom and they are famously known for taking in anyone including criminals/convicts as warm body cannon fodder as frontline troops against barbarians.

Women don't know what is that.

user don't know is grammar what.

That's what I figured.

The General left with the bulk of the seasoned forces while Shang was left to train the new recruits

He'd have been slaughtered at the Tung Shao pass village

Plus she probably feared what would happen when she went home and would have to face her family after the pretty insane stunt she pulled

And then there was Mushu being obsessed with gaining honor by making her a hero and he could have been saying things to convince her to stay

Triggered Cred Forumsmblrina detected.

>dishonoring famiry
Worse than death.

Yeah, between being committed, having no easy way to go back home and the shame of giving up, it's probably that hunk of beef she stayed for.