Best Cred Forums moments of 2016

This could be a cool thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FT6yhhfiUh8
thewrap.com/steven-universe-creator-rebecca-sugar-talks-lgbt-themes-teases-season-3/
youtube.com/watch?v=FJG3UEkjwlU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That was some fucking godtier writing there

Perfect 10/10 scene holy shit.

The voice acting really could not have been better.

the best writing in the world couldn't save that shitty art style though

Well this thread is off to a shitty start.

Anyone care to try a new thread?

Heartbreaking that Riptide and Blaster were involved.

>shitty art style
Well, at least it isn't as bad as Mr.Pickles.

True but at least everyone realises that Mr.Pickles is complete shit

The best thing about that scene was that it finally killed the Rose Quartz = Pink Diamond theory.

Samurai Jack panel at comic con

>Best Cred Forums moments of 2016
when Cred Forums was down, like all the other boards

No it didn't.

Done

I thought they killed that a while back with whole showing the diamonds as fifty foot monsters thing

7/10

Steven Universe has not a bad style.....until Smoky Quartz.....and Bizmuth......

I'm still waiting for an explanation of this. I still find it hard to believe the whole crew of the LL was okay with this without some sort of mind control. You think Hound would really betray his friends?

How authentic is this info?

>implying Pink Diamond didn't take over the mind of a rose quartz to kill herself because she didn't want to be a diamond anymore and had too many feelings about the place she came from (Earth)

What episode is this?

>I don't like the art style so it's shitty

Nope. Pink diamond was a fusion of rose and someone else. She killed that someone else or ditched the.

>but jasper said....

Jasper is a grunt and knows dick all. And it's an obvious misdirection of writing. Nobody ever dies and nobody ever kills in this show. They just keep you wondwring and watching.

Way to piss and moan. Bitch.

And yellow daimond, and steven and the entirety of season one

No.

If Rose did not kill PD then Bubbled is a pointless episode and Steven's plot arc is a sham.

Rose doing something so ambiguously terrible is important because it establishes Steven's relationship with her and how their connection is slowly fucking him up inside.

I prefered the ending to The Compilation.

>I think this person talking about a subjective feild is talking objectively

The Rerun

Also, Regular Show was amazing this year as well. Why everyone shits on it is beyond my understanding.

>good moments
>Cred Forums

Pick one

Explanation: It's Megatron.
The guy has hunted them down, murdered friends, wasted whole planets for fuel and then is put in charge of them because of a bullshit bible verse.
Then you have Rodimus. Think of how many crew mates have died under his command and how off course they've become from their original mission.
Everyone else was shipped off because they were the only ones who would remain loyal to Rodimus or were Ravage.
The plan was for the DJD to take Megatron and the rest would just be marooned. It was a stupid plan considering the DJD wouldn't just pass up a shot at some well known autobots and Cyclonus. But the risk and or sacrifice was probably worth it to end Megatron.

It was relayed to us by niggas who were actually at the panel and the other things like pictures have been verified

There's a vid talking with a bunch of the production crew and there's a storyboard image of two women with Aku-like features

they shit on it because people like it.

Are you new to Cred Forums?

Right. So this purely girl power centric show is gonna shit on the most iconic girl power in the serie's world. It's not gonna happen. Steven is gonna agonize about it forever but eventually prove his mother is pure and super good. I wish you were right but this is a kids show and I dobut thry will shit on rose.

>The plan was for the DJD to take Megatron and the rest would just be marooned.
actually, they called the galactic council ( those organics that banded together after having enough of cybertron's bullshit war ruining worlds and blacklisted the entire race.), not the DJD.

The DJD were just an awful coincidence.

I think where he almost kills himself got to me more.

Any links? Or proof?

But R&M season 2 aired in 2015.

are you invading from Cred Forums or Cred Forums or just shitposting?

in webcomics

I disagree

They've already shown in the flashbacks that it wasn't until Greg stood up to her that she even really CONSIDERED that humans might be capable of being more than a past time

She either lead on Pearl's impossible to see as anything else but insane thirst or was so poorly attuned to actual feelings that she didn't notice

And it's been shown again and again that she kept secrets, like allowing the crystal gems to believe that Bismuth was either dead or captured by the enemy instead of telling them the truth about her ambitions to introduce mass shattering into their war

Now it needs to be noted that I don't mean that in the she's "secretly evil and Steven is a weapon" meme way

But she seems to have struggled as much as or more than any gem we've seen with feelings and honesty, and she'd had thousands of years of peaceful life on earth around humans

Before anything approaching our time when she really SEEMS to have gotten it into her head, back in the war, who knows what kind of being she was

The Gems knew about the accusation that Rose killed a Diamond, but didn't refute it. Whether or not she actually did, the gems almost certainly believe she did or else they'd have snapped to her defense like they did with Peridot in the moon base

So no, they're not going to try to shit on Rose, but it's abundantly clear that she's not the perfectly benevolent and wise person that everyone who knew her wants to pretend she was

No, but I'm pretty sure Cred Forums being it's usual self isn't the reason.

>doing what needs to be done
>not good

youtube.com/watch?v=FT6yhhfiUh8

At the little montage of images at the end of this video we see shit that goes with descriptions from the panel of things like biker Jack

7:41 is where you see the (presumed) daughters. I know Genndy doesn't have strictly realistic proportions but those bodies seem a little strange even for the niggas in Samurai Jack

Maybe there's more and more direct shit somewhere but I don't happen to have it

>no mention of the comic a Cred Forumsmmrade made or the two animation s

Your containment general is up now. Fuck off.

Are you shitposting

>Specifically comes to earth looking for Rose Quartz
>starts talking about Pink Diamond in a completely different context
Lol

ONE PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCH

Except it's not supposed to be, so fuck off junior.

lmao salty like pearl am i right

Go back to one of your 5 waifu loud house threads and stop shitposting.

Then fuck off to /trash/ where you belong
Now I know a rock lover isn't complaining about waifufaggotry

>thread starts with SU
>gets mad about SU

I can't wait to hear the terrible Aku voice acting and edgy shock imagery.

>posting anything from Adventure Time in the year current year
Fuck off

>thread starts with SU
No wonder its shit

It's time to let go fellas. There are plenty of other dumb fan theories for you to latch onto.

Why so mad rock lover?

Well, thanks for the info. I wish there was more.

how about this both of you and your cancer shows fuck off

the only thing more cancerous than /sug/ and /tlhg/ are the autistic internet slap fights they get into in completely unrelated threads

I honestly wish the mods would send both of your shows to /trash/ and keep you there

Dude I'm super fucking hyped for it too

Because you reminded me this still exists. SU hasn't gone this far south yet.

Also the final "somewhere in the woods" speech.

>STOP TALKING ABOUT A CARTOON IN THE CARTOON BOARD!

>SU hasn't gone this far south yet.

I have to wonder if people who hate AT realize that its unhealthy and pathetic to still hate on a single episode from years back?

>maxresdefault

You're not discussing a cartoon. You're being annoying fanboy pricks as usual. Which is why you guys get moved to /trash/ during hiatuses.

>tumblr

Sorry OP, but SU isn't that great of show when it comes to writing.

Not bad, 10/10 if Stan didn't reclaim his memories at the end.

>getting autistic over youtube filenames

how idiots like you are the only ones that get fucking fuming for no reason do you flip out like this at rwby too because its popular

getting this mad

Honestly though

>We've devolved into having a pissing contest over filenames
Get a room already

This is from 2012 or 13

>SU is bad but GF is good
Is this bizarro Cred Forums?

It's not the single episode. It was the last straw. It was everything wrong with the series up until that point and going forward. It's still not good like it used to be.

saying that about SU saying gravity falls has good writing

I don't mind rwbyfag because there not fucking morons that don't stick to there generals and shit the place up.

Keep tryin' kids. Maybe some day your internet blustering will actually amount to something.

what the hell are you talking about thay where just talking about the show thin idiots like you go in a bitch fit

>Butthurt SU fans.

Anons, SU is acceptable at best when it comes to writing.

Yes, GF isn't a lot better but the emotion in Stan vs. Bill scene was handled a thousand times better than Steven vs. Jasper.

>SU is acceptable
Nope

I can't tell if you're actually serious or shitposting at this point because WEW

because the trad is about the best co momenta of 2016 and they stat discussing there autistic fan theories

they have a general in /trash/ for that shit

How about decent at best?

Serious, I would easily rate GF over SU and I'm not a fan of either show.

way do you give a shit

>Stan vs. Bill scene was handled a thousand times better than Steven vs. Jasper.

I think /su/fags are cancer but this is some legit bullshit

10/10 episode

Well the other best moments of Cred Forums seema than this one.

How? The Steven vs Jasper corruption speech felt extremely forced and Steven's VA cannot emote whatsoever.

The scene of Stan vs Bill in Stan's mind was nicely done.

>The Steven vs Jasper corruption speech felt extremely forced
No it didn't.

Yes it did, goddamn user.

Stop being an SU-fag. The show is not that good.

If OP posted another scene from the show, say Lapis leaving the Earth while talking to Steven. I would have remain silent.

Japser is a shit character and her speech over Pink Diamond was not good.

You put a lot of effort into being wrong.

>MUH PINK DIAMOND
Wait...are we suppose to give a shit about you given your lack of development and screentime? And who is Pink Diamond and why should we care what she meant to you?

So this thread is just for cartoon moments?

>he actually believes this

Again, Jasper is not a well-written character. That could change in the future, but as it stands now. She is a roid rage soldier who blames the Crystal Gems on her diamonds death. Oh, and she lusts after fusing after her experience with Lapis.

Her speech to Steven while she underwent corruption was not that emotional. If you thought it was, you're extremely gullible.

Fuck, I can't believe I'm getting this worked up over a shitty show that will be forgetting a year after it is canceled.

>SU
>Getting canceled
>Ever
Wow, you really are delusional.

Keep on believing.

Honestly though it was fucking excellent and the VA really killed it, I was on the edge of my kitchen chair

>blames the crystal gems for pink diamond's death

What the fuck are you talking about?

>I don't watch this show please rape my face
This thread was doomed from its very concept.

>but the emotion in Stan vs. Bill scene was handled a thousand times better than Steven vs. Jasper
Nah, not really. I've watched both shows and while both shows have their strengths and weaknesses, the Stan vs. Bill, despite being sort of awesome, was not that shocking or emotional. Jasper's corruption scene really did pack an emotional punch.

>Rock lovers

Not even right?

>Japser is a shit character
Ah, this is why. You don't like the character, so scenes involving her can't be good in your opinion

There's literally no reason to give a shit about Jasper. She gets no real development and never stops being an antagonist so what emotional attachment is there to her corruption given we've not given enough reason to give a shit about her or what Pink Diamond meant to her. It was the same shit with the Rubies. Just because you're emotionally gullible, like all SUfags, doesn't mean everyone else is.

here.
I'm actually on the side of the Stan scene being better than the Jasper one, even though I think SU is a better show than GF. The only person I was replying to was some idiot who thinks they can rant about a show they clearly don't watch or care about.

Although I still also stand behind my assertion that this thread was doomed from the start. I mean, why the hell are we arguing which of the two is better anyhow?

Oh, learn to use a fucking comma you cunt.

This. Jasper is easily the second, worst character on the show, the worst being the Ruby squad.

>There's literally no reason to give a shit about Jasper.
Good job missing the point.
God, people on this board can be such fucking idiots sometimes.

>The only person I was replying to was some idiot who thinks they can rant about a show they clearly don't watch or care about.
Please tell me how much of a full developed and deep character Jasper was then of her 6 appearances in total in the show, two of which she didn't even speak.

>Good job missing the point.
Good job not having a point.
I'll just take this as you begrudgingly admitting I'm right.

Durr hurr durr.

While Jasper herself, or how you felt about her, could weigh on the importance of that scene, that wasn't the point. The point was the delivery, what was happening, and what was revealed.
Jasper could have very well been a character introduced that season, or that very episode. It hardly matters.

Why do I have to explain this to you? Am I dealing with a high schooler? Does Steven Universe need Cliff Notes?

I didn't even present you with the point yet. I was just in awe of how fantastically you missed it.

lol good job falling for the bait nerds

>oops, better cover my ass

God I love this scene. It's not animated as well as it could but the way Jasper seems to be more distraught by the fact that Steven didnt even remember PD than her own death is great. It's like at that point she realized that Rose Quartz really is gone.

I will also accept as a concession as well.
>The point was the delivery,
And it was flat because of all the shit I pointed out hereTHERE IS NO REASON TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT JASPER GETTING CORRUPTED

THERE IS NO REASON TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HOW MUCH PINK DIAMOND MEANT TO HER

THERE IS NO REASON TO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT A ONE-DIMENSIONAL VILLAIN.

When you're missing all the context of a scene there's no levity to any of it and what you have sitting in front of you is a poorly acted, her VA sucked, and poorly written scene where you're meant to sympathize with someone you don't care for and its even harder to accept Steven's blind pacifism this time around because Jasper outright rejects him and calls him an idiot. I'm seeing SUfags saying that the scene was better than the Stan vs Cipher scene and I can't help but laugh at your delusion.

mspaint comics don't automatically win you the argument

>I will also accept as a concession as well.

I get it now, you're retarded. I'm so sorry for the burden placed upon your family.

Bad Pearl is 10/10. She needs to be bad Pearl way more often; doting Pearl is fucking boring.

And for this I also accept your concession. You're a big man admitting that you were wrong about something on the internet! You should be proud.

What's that? you shit yourself? Well, I'm sure everyone's used to it by now. Go get that cleaned up and then come back champ.

an avatar fag vs a chloe fag
whoever wins, we lose

That's enough about your life's story user but I appreciate how sincere you are about your groveling.

>user cannot into basic brain functions: the post

We care about Jasper because we see her vulnerability, which gives weight to the person behind her persona. We care about the person behind her persona because the show is about the idea that our weaknesses give us our humanity, and our humanity is inherently something worth protecting and caring for.

We care abour her corruption because we see depth in her. We see that depth through learning more about her backstory and seeing other characters that care about her.

This is textbook character building 101. Anime uses it, television uses it, literature uses it. It's not that hard to read.

You're falling into the realm of subjectivity, and are getting desperate enough to leave cruise control on so I'm seeing little point to respond to you. But I'll touch on a few points.

>And it was flat because of all the shit I pointed out here
You're not getting what I meant by delivery. Put it better than I could so I'll just quote him:
>Jasper seems to be more distraught by the fact that Steven didnt even remember PD than her own death
Once again, it's not as much about Jasper as it is about Steven and the reveal of Pink Diamond's existence. But Jasper does add her own spice to the mixture.

>When you're missing all the context of a scene
You're not. Which is why I berated for sounding like someone who doesn't watch the show. Anyone who does would understand the importance of the show bringing up a new, unheard of (but hinted at) Diamond.
> I'm seeing SUfags saying that the scene was better than the Stan vs Cipher scene and I can't help but laugh at your delusion.
Friendly reminder that I didn't once compare the two aside from saying that I actually liked the GF one better.

You're adorable for a retard. Keep on tryin' kiddo. Maybe someday you can cross the street on your own.

At least the reveal in FO4 was interesting.

>We care about Jasper because we see her vulnerability, which gives weight to the person behind her persona.
It doesn't really. Its just a villain being foiled by her own hubris which fucking happens all the time in cartoons and that little scene doesn't really dig in her character than what we already know so it doesn't really do anything,
> We care about the person behind her persona
There's nothing fucking there. Her last moments is telling Steven to fuck off when he gives her a shred of kindness which is again nothing we haven't seen before.

>We care abour her corruption because we see depth in her. We see that depth through learning more about her backstory and seeing other characters that care about her.
This is all...horseshit.We don't see anything during those series of episodes to better understand her because during those episodes she's roaming about with nothing better to do then to pop up, fight and leave and her death scene is only ever remembered due to the reveal of Pink Diamond and not to her as a character. Seriously you can tell how very underwritten a character is based on how much bullshit the fans write in for her.

>This is textbook character building 101. Anime uses it, television uses it, literature uses it. It's not that hard to read.
No its just you making a fanfiction to make up for the writer's incompetence. If it was an anime we would have gotten more in-depth into Jasper's character to better understand her instead of the MTW garbage we got

>You're not getting what I meant by delivery
AGAIN WHY THE FUCK SHOULD WE GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHAT PD MEANT TO HER. That is the problem here, we have no reason to care about any of that it does not fucking matter how much fanfiction you make in regards to it the reality is that thee is reason no reason to care in context of the actual scene not what could have been.

>it's not as much about Jasper as it is about Steven and the reveal of Pink Diamond's existence
That makes even less sense since he doesn't really have much of a reaction to it and only ever has a response to it after Ruby revealed that Rose killed her. So basically all Jasper was good for was dispelling some info and nothing more otehr than giving us that terrible episode later on.
>You're not
You are. If she was a one-off character there would be no reason to care since her entire motive and backstory is empty. Why do you think the Bismuth episode spent so much time building up her relationship with Rose and her character during the war? To make the climax more effective so you pretty much understood why she did all she did while with Jasper without the context she's just a run of the mill villain. So again I ask you, without going into fanfiction details like her "depth" because she has none and her "vulnerability" as a character, why should we care?

Are you even watching the shoe user?

Her last moments are, in order, self-pity on her own failures (reflecting on a moment of her literally groveling at another character's feet), bwing offered a moment of kindness, rejecting it and agknowledging her own weakness in a moment of sel-loathing, then showing her loyalty and dedication to PD.

thewrap.com/steven-universe-creator-rebecca-sugar-talks-lgbt-themes-teases-season-3/

The creator of the series literally says all this in an official interview on the show itself. The next episode literally shows the Rubies acticely showing care amd concern over Jasper's wellbeing, which shows that there are people who care about her.

None of this requires anything less than the shallowest of interpretations. Literally anyone could pick this out. Again, did you actually watch the episode?

Ahh, this is the Cred Forums I remember. It's good to be back.

We're done.
Take this as a win if you want. But I'm through talking to a wall.

>Her last moments are, in order, self-pity on her own failures (reflecting on a moment of her literally groveling at another character's feet), bwing offered a moment of kindness, rejecting it and agknowledging her own weakness in a moment of sel-loathing, then showing her loyalty and dedication to PD.
Ah yes more fanfiction. And you've yet to answer the very simple question of "why should we care.

>How an SUfag argues
>First accuses the poster of having now watched the show.
>Second goes on a raid of shitty interpretations and fanfiction
>But Rebecca said...
>End s with more accusations of not watching the show
This will be really handy!

And now we fall back on overused buzzwords. Congrats on your loss.

>loss

Here's a a pity (you) so you don't wall out empty handed.

>wall out
Jesus kid, stop before you hurt yourself.

>tried discussing these things civilly/rationally
>I showed her this video

Wow no wonder she dumped your ass of you used that autistic rant as an argument.

Cred Forums is really bad at liking things.

The creator of the show said the literal meaning of a scene. There's not much more you can go there. At this point if you don't think so it's because you're putting your head in the sand.

Jasper says "You want gems after they're worthless. You wait until after they've lost. Because when you're at the bottom, you'll follow anyone that makes you feel like less of a failure."

Jasper feels worthless and like a failure. That is actually, word for word what she means. She is discussing what Steven does using it as a metaphor for her current state of mind. She even later says "you can't manipulate me, Rose Quartz", admitting that what Steven did to Peridot is exactly what he's doing to Jasper now, and that Jasper feels exactly how Peridot felt then.

This gives her depth because we see that Jasper is capable of feeling something besides pure anger, even it it's hating herself. And we care about this character because the whole point of the show is that people are inherently worth caring about. We care because this moment proves she is a person with thoughts and feelings, and because of that she is capable of being a good person in the same way that Peridot and Lapis were capable of being good people.

That's what happened. That is literally what happened and there's no deviation, no trick, no alternative interpretation here. It's what the creators intended, it's what the dialogue refers to, it's what happened.

>Asks for an answer to a very simple question
>still writes fanfiction

Speaking of talking to walls.

>The creator of the show said the literal meaning of a scene
But that doesn't disprove anything he said. That just means that she failed to convey the scene in a way she just described.

>step by step scene interpretation
>fanfiction

What did he mean by this?

>interpretation
Yes...your interpretation not what's in the show

>If a character doesn't explicitly state exactly what they're feeling at every moment, they have no depth!

>Every character has to have a substantial amount of depth and development even when it doesn't happen in show
>I'll just make up my own interpretation and write it off as the show having depth!

says it all for me. We literally get a callback to Perirdemption, a direct comparison between Periredemption and Jasper, followed by Jasper's rejection and corruption, then Amethyst directly referring to her as "sis" for the first time in the show.

I don't know what the fuck you want at this point, and I have a feeling you don't know either.

>That just means that she failed to convey the scene in a way she just described.
No-one but you seemed to have any trouble understanding what was going on in that scene.
Also, what's your actual point here? You've already made it clear you don't like it, so repeating that isn't actually accomplishing anything.

Yeah your argument doesn't work here because SU is ALL ABOUT characters explicitly stating their feelings through crying or singing or just blatantly. Its not exactly a subtle show.

Alex Hirsch in green text form

>No-one but you seemed to have any trouble understanding what was going on in that scene.
I love how you automatically assume that criticizing a scene for its emotional effectiveness means "I don't get it" because I don't agree with your fanfiction.
All having nothing to do with the shit you rambling about and also no connection to the scene in question.

Yeah, it isn't. You're just making an ass out of yourself because you don't have an argument to go on to defend your autism.You deflect evidence as "speculation" even when the dialogue clearly and blatantly refers to these ideas several times. And when that weak ass stance is refuted you fall back to shitposting faggotry.

You don't have an argument here. You have not a single time directly referred to or directly refuted any single statement that's been made. You've just deflected any comment or criticism, and have failed in every way to prove. The burden of proof falls squarely on your shoulders, and you have in every sense of the term failed to do it.

It isn't even a particularly good trolling effort, considering the fact that these threads are basically a daily occurrence at this point. You have nothing.

too bad the rest of 2B was just so awful

>I love how you automatically assume that criticizing a scene for its emotional effectiveness means "I don't get it"
Hang on:
Your whole point was that the scene wasn't clear. If you understood, it, and everyone else understood it, then how the fuck wasn't it clear?

Jesus Christ I think I stepped into /r9k/ with this post? >Your whole point was that the scene wasn't clear.
see
Nope my whole point was that it was poorly done due to the lack of emotional attachment and how we have no reason to care not that it didn't make sense, You just interpreted that as me not getting the scene when there's not much to get to begin with.

So do you have a point? You've been flinging buzzwords and memes around a lot, but do you have a point?

You raised an issue, people called you out on your bullshit, and you've been spewing bullshit ever since.

>people called you out on your bullshit,
This hasn't happened one bit. I still haven't received the answer to my question just a bunch of fanfiction and accusations.

You call everything that speaks against you "fanfiction", but refuse to actually go into specifics as to why anything said is "fanfiction" at all. Whenever asked, you just say "because it didn't happen", and when shown how it did happen you fall back on "fanfiction".

>godtier writing
>perfect scene
>in SU

Honestly this thread is already ruined because you chose such a shit moment from such a shit show.

>but refuse to actually go into specifics as to why anything said is "fanfiction
Basically nothing you retards stated was conveyed in show. Anyone who tries to act like Jasper has any character depth or deluding themselves.

>Jesus Christ I think I stepped into /r9k/ with this post?
Calm the fuck down.

>Nope my whole point was that it was poorly done due to the lack of emotional attachment
Plenty of other people DID feel an emotional attachment in that scene. That's why it got posted in this thread.

>You just interpreted that as me not getting the scene when there's not much to get to begin with.
Jasper hadn't had lots of screen-time, but by then she'd had enough to cover her motivations and weaknesses. We'd seen her interactions with Lapis, Garnet, and Amethyst, and it was clear that she measured her self-worth in direct physical power. Every attempt to get anyone else on her side had failed, and running up alone against multiple (fused) CGs and having her ass kicked had shattered her confidence. This left her unable to act on one of her primary motivations - getting revenge against Rose.

>Basically nothing you retards stated was conveyed in show.
It is. Everyone but you clearly saw it.

Your whole "argument" is just saying that it didn't happen and is fanfiction. Everything said here is either directly in the show or so easy to get that denying it is like saying that "well, they never actually say anyone's gay in the show so there are no lesbians in Steven Universe".

People have told you exactly where and how all the things you said didn't happen happened, and you continue to bury your head in the sand.

wow

>It is. Everyone but you clearly saw it.
I like Steven Universe. I like this scene. But to imply Jasper had any character depth prior to this scene is simply not true at all.

>prior to this scene

I'm not saying OP pic scene gave her a GREAT AMOUNT of depth. But they tried to scratch the surface at least beyond HURR DURR IM STRONG AND IM THE BAD GUY WITH ABOUT AS MUCH PERSONALITY AS A PIECE OF CARDBOARD yknow?

The thing that gets me is after this episode Rebecca Sugar, outside of the show, tried to further add depth to Jasper's character/explain her actions. IMO that shit doesn't fly with me. If your work can't stand on its own without supplementary material like that you did a bad job getting your point across.

Yo just letting you know that i did the other thread because I knew that using a SU pic would only attract shitposters and that they will only ruin the thread and by the look of it, they came here.

That's the point of the scene. The whole idea there is that it's the first moment that we can genuinely start to understand Jasper as a person, which is what makes the scene work. We get some hints at this with her relationship with Lapis, but it isn't until this moment (and the later conversations with the Rubies) that we start to get a better understanding of Jasper's character.

All Sugar did was restate what we see in the episode itself.

>not posting the most KINO of 2016

Honestly just post it in the other thread, this one's a lost cause.

>Plenty of other people DID feel an emotional attachment in that scene.
You mean SUfags who think every scene has emotional depth? Because those are the only people stupid enough to believe Jasper had any depth as a character.
>but by then she'd had enough to cover her motivations and weaknesses
This is a joke right? What we knew about her was that she was a dumb lacking and was relagated to Team Rocket status which not much to her as a character at all.

>It is. Everyone but you clearly saw it.
Whatever helps you sleep at night

>Everything said here is either directly in the show
Nope just your fanfiction

>SUfags
>Nope just your fanfiction
>Whatever helps you sleep at night
Why did I bother to argue with you?

>Jasper is a deep character
>why
>Because I say so
Every time.

Try and discuss Last Airbender crack ships.

As a cross board poster, I notice alot of problems that Steven Universe has, which shares similarities with undertale, in particular in terms of story writing.

>we're given characters that we're told are likable, and half the time the product is just blatantly saying "you should like this character"
>very few times are we actually given a reason to like them
>a bunch of BS happens off screen and we're told about it from a bystander, instead of experiencing it first hand
>overall it relies on telling us their emotions, instead of showing us their emotion

I'm just here to ask did Sucrose honestly make Pearl's Room from zelda's chamber of sages? How levels of reference is she on right now?

An ever cooler thread can be found here

Camp Sherwood getting new pages

Are you posting that in every thread where SU has been mentioned?
What are you even trying to accomplish?

no, you're making connections where there are none.

OP was right, this could have been a great thread, but it wasn't.

You rock fuckers to quit clogging up Cred Forums you

Would've been better if they made a close-up of the triangle's "face" distorting just before breaking up ala Touma punching Accel's face or Simon punching Rossiu's face.

11/10. This episode is downright satisfying. Rob curbstomps almost every single secondary character in term of character development and performance. Seriously, other supporting characters should take note. Their performances are terrible.

>Thread with potential starts
>Autistic SU haters can't into opinions and ruin it

It was a nice try OP.

But they make other thread just about comics and is doing great

>Stop being an SU-fag. The show is not that good.
ah, i see, and here i thought it was a good show
i guess i was wrong this entire time and wasn't actually enjoying it

>best of 2016
>SU
you started this thread wrong.

since no one posted, here.

youtube.com/watch?v=FJG3UEkjwlU