Will it be good?

Will it be good?
How will audiences like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zndKvAVUHl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>brought in Dan Harmon for more quips
I'm sure audiences will love it.

>Heys guys, remember that REALLY OLD MOVIE with the robot camels?!?!?!

I fucking hate the praise Civil War gets. It was 2 hours of pimping new characters and being le funneh.

this movie will be fine in all places but here, want an honest opinion dont ask Cred Forums

as for your question
yes
and yes

It's Dismarvel so /co will love it.

>$270 million budget
>massive reshoots to add le quips and RDJ
>RDJ almost certainly getting paid more than Cumberbund
>fucked up casting to suck china's dick, source material be damned
>only exists for tumblrgirls

No, it won't be good. Yes, audiences will like it because it's The Walt Disney Company's Marvel Studio's Marvel's Doctor Strange

I feel you. Cred Forums seems to really hate Superhero movies.

like it matters where the ancient one is from

as long as she is a spiritual guide who helps strange discover magic, literally anyone can play him

This. It doesn't even feel like a Dr. Strange movie.

The ancient one is not a woman. Mary Jane is not a black woman.

>as she
>play him

I don't hate superhero movies, I hate soulless by-the-numbers pandering movies that pretend like they're even trying to do justice to the source material.

For example, I loved Iron Man, Cap 1 and 2, Incredible Hulk, and I liked Avengers. Thor 2, IM3, Ultron, and Civil War are all shit (to be fair to the Russos, I blame executive meddling ergo Spider-Man 3).

i prefer to call them fun and action packed

>I loved Iron Man, Cap 1 and 2, Incredible Hulk, and I liked Avengers. Thor 2, IM3, Ultron, and Civil War are all shit
Are you me?

The Ancient One is an old Asian man because he lives in fucking Asia and he has been keeping alive ancient traditions. That's his character.

It's like making Atticus Finch a black female and not understanding the problem.

>NOT MUH ANCIENT ONE

I'm wating for NOT MUH KAECILIUS now.

Fun is a meaningless excuse usually trotted out when objective measurements of quality are against an argument.

>I fucking hate the praise Civil War gets.
That's because you're a faggot. It's ok to not like a movie. It's ok to hate a movie. But to get booty bothered that other people like a movie, that makes you a colossal faggot.

>Will it be good?

Considering that there isn't a single bad film in the MCU, I'm inclined to believe it'll be at least moderately good. I'm expecting it to be very good though.

it dodesnt matter,

89 RT
880m WW
because marvel

Fun means it's was a trill ride of a movie.

>Considering that there isn't a single bad film in the MCU
>Iron Man 2
>Thor
>Thor 2

It's not fun if they're squandering source material and things you want to see for shit you don't want.
>Set up Crossbones for an entire movie
>Kill him off in minutes
>Bring in Zemo
>He's absolutely nothing personality or aesthetic wise like Zemo

Yet people will still defend it. Meanwhile if Sony made the choice people would go apeshit (yes Sony sucks cock, but you get the point).

Also before that one faggot comes, I didn't like MOS or BVS, and I don't want to see Suicide Squad. Pic related.

It bothers me because we'll get MORE of it, you retard.

>objective measurements of quality
Which are?

my d1cc in your a$$pu$$y

You have no power over what media gets produced or not produced. Your purchasing power is meaningless.

Yes those are the weakest of the 13 films. But they're not bad.

Do you people actually feel this way about comic films? Or is it a bias against Marvel? Because no matter how you look at it, you have to take a film for what it is. Hundreds of people work on a film compared to the 2 or 3 people that write and illustrate a comic book. You will never ever see a direct adaptation because it simply doesn't work in motion the same way.

You're retarded. Can't even read what he wrote before getting angry.

>That means you can't not be happy with it

Go to bed Walt.

Are you implying that Marvel is better because it's easier to digest?

this is the only place where there is a bias against marvel, hidden under a "better than the masses" rhetoric

>But they're not bad.
Do you like the first ASM? Go you like Green Lantern? Do you like FF: Rise of The Silver surfer?
Because those are all on par with the three MCU movies I listed.
If you don't, you have an obvious bias.

Good, the majority of people who liked it will get more of what they like. Not everything has to be catered to you kid. Sometimes things you don't like get popular, deal with it.

So by your logic, Bayformers is a good thing.

ASM is ok. I don't like it but I wouldn't say it's bad. I'd definitely say the other two are very bad.

I'm not an avid Thor fan so that's probably why I like the fish-out-of-water films so much. I think they're a blast. As for IM2, it's my least favorite but I still like it. It just doesn't have the same rewatchability as the others.

despite being an abortion of screenwriting and a waste of good film

there is some measure of enjoyment to be derived from transformers

>I'd definitely say the other two are very bad.
The other two are definitely not worse than IM2.

FF2>GL>IM2

Race is a significant element of To Kill a Mockingbird. Race has never been anything but window dressing in Doctor Strange stories.

Well I'm actually surprised to read your post. I don't think I've ever heard that opinion before. I respect it but in my head I'm honestly wondering what life path led you to that belief.

Nope, it's not an abortion, because it's popular user. That means negative criticism doesn't matter at all.

It does when the setting is ASIA.

For whatever reason, I though that image said Doctor Boner.

Rewatch FF2.
It knows exactly what it is, and excels at it.
Hell, it's not even PG-13. It's PG.

>this is the Marvel audience

Gaze upon your bedfellows, Marvelfriends.

>But they're not bad.

I have been tricked a total of four fantastic times now. I'm never watching a FF movie ever again unless it's made by Marvel themselves.

I honestly hate those FX digital download movies to the point where seeing them being played actively makes me angry that I have one less option on my TV for what to watch.

They're obviously not. And the majority of people agree with me.

they really arent,i mean you could say they dont live up to the others, but taken on their own they're mediocre at worst, and are actually enjoyable

Honestly, if a movie doesn't bore me to tears it's at least decent. I'm not a Cred Forums expert so it means fuckall.

Iron Man 2 is a clusterfuck.
It is objectively a directionless mess.
You can enjoy it, but it is NOT good.

-rouke's performance butchered so bad he disowned it and swore to never work with marvel again
-demon in a bottle is too dark for maximum ticket sales so muh palidium poisoning
-as a result of that, the story is half Avengers shilling, and half placeholder nothing.

sam rockwell was pretty funny
watching war machine blast things with his shoudler gun was pretty sweet too

>watching war machine blast things with his shoudler gun was pretty sweet too
I too enjoy Transformers.

eh, transformers 1 is still the best, when it was still good in a hokey way

But you're judging it by a comic arc you've heard of, not by the films story. And Rourke's performance was great. Forgettable character but a great performance.

>you've heard of
kek
fuck you

>Forgettable character
Because they cut out all the scenes that fleshed him out and gave him some death.
That's when Rourke realized the movies were for idiots and cut his ties.

>negative criticism doesn't matter at all.
You have now begun to understand the zeitgeist of our era, shitlord.

Listern and Believe.

*depth

Apparently in the next one king Arthur will be riding dinobots and fighting Hitler.

Look, breaux. Iron Man 2 is weak compared to the other MCU films but honestly, in retrospect, it's not bad at all. Back in 2012, between it and TIH, things weren't looking good for them. But looking back at it in the context of the past and present films, it's pretty good. I honestly can't tell you why I think it's less rewatchable than the others. I with I could. But I honestly don't think it's any of the reasons you've given. In fact Rourke and SHIELD are a couple of the stronger elements of the film for me.

Go back to redddit.

Fun is supposed to be act as a descriptor AFTER watching the movie, not before. In that regard, it's just like the contrarians who hate thing before even watching/reading/playing it.

>TIH
TIH is times time the film that IM2 is.

2010 i meen

It's about on par. After phase one, they really figured out what they needed to do. People mistake their success as some sort of formula or paint-by-numbers bullshit but it's just a pattern of making good movies.

>but it's just a pattern of making good movies.
my lord

Yes, let's have another super magic dude be old asian Mr. Miyagi looking motherfucker from Tibet, because tibet is so mysterious, that's not racist at all. Git fucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=zndKvAVUHl0

Why exactly is that a problem when it makes sense? In that case Black Panther should be white.

>that's not racist at all
Isn't it even more racist to erase an entire people just because Marvel feels very comfortable bent over to take in more Chinese cock?

>implying there aren't old people teaching in Asia.
Or does everybody stay young forever over there?

>keep tibetan
perpetuating mystical asian steroetype, lose chinese audience
>make chinese
perpetuating all asians are interchangable
>make not asian
whitewashing

has it occurred to you people to cast based on performance instead of skin color?

You're right user. Queen Latifah for Atticus Finch?

Hope that shit they feed you tastes good user.

context is everything, in a novel about race and discrimination, then care should be taken to amke sure that nothing is changed

however when a character is less allegorical, than more can be changed, a character defined by super smartness, would be little changed by a superficial changed, while a character defined race and gender struggles would be harder to justify

How about cast based on character you racebaiter. Mystical Asian is probably a stereotype. But it's the least offensive of the other choices. A white woman playing the part of a mystical Asian makes NO fucking sense and is even MORE offensive. Obviously keeping him Tibetan makes Marvel lose the Chinese market because they simply don't want Tibet acknowledged as it's own region or country. That's literally the ONLY reason why this is happening.

But it's not just some white woman. Tilda got hired because she looks like a fuckin alien, not because she's white. She's not even properly white, she european or some shit.

celtic, a culture that is perceived as highly mystical by the romans, mystical and bloodthirsty but that second bit isnt pertinent

Then that's just #uglyshaming. This is circular logic. Someone will always be offended. The best thing Marvel could've done was stay true to the character but again, they wanted them sweet chinabucks.

Middling reviews, first for Marvel movie

The stacked cast wont overcome undercooked material hidden by pleasant visuals

SJws and liberals will finally attack Marvel for race/gender things

The box office will be a tad lower than Ant-Man. The China pandering wont lead to that much of a bump.

MoS, SS, or BvS aren't good either yet /co tries to claim otherwise

i think strange will be okay

benedict cumberbatch will pull through, the inception-esque visual look cool, all-in-all the future is great!

You can dislike it all you want, but don't pretend you're going to rise up and change a thing, especially by flaming people who do happen to like this junk.

Cred Forums hates to admit they are wrong, and the more everybody else says they are, the stronger their martyr-syndrome kicks in and makes them defend their stance all the more vigorously

Marvel's first flop

>MoS, SS, or BvS aren't good either
'no'

>everytime.jpg

people have been saying this since iron man 1, and marvel is still strong

But CA:The First Avenger fopped.

it was well recieved, and made enough money and interest to justify a sequel

Warner Bros guy making thread after thread

>Will it be good?

I dunno.

>How will audiences like it?

I dunno.

I hope it's good. Good films are nice.

despite all out theory crafting, it is important to note that the movie isnt out yet, and that even our most sound judgement could be wrong

But SS flopped amirite?

>like it matters where the ancient one is from

It does. It absolutely does.

I wrote this movie off the second I saw this.

it did many things wrong, but it didnt "flop" since it made back money and will have a sequel

at the end of the day critical receptions are not the end all be all of quality judgement, and neither is money or popular reception, these thigns only determine its current worth

the only way for a movie to be considered good is to last at least 10 years. avatar made billions hurt locker was critically praised, and none of these movies had lasting appeal

iron man 1 is still 2 years from this, but people stil watch and enjoy it and still know the memes "BOX OF SCRAPS", and so is the dark knight "SMILE ON THAT FACE"

so talk to me in 2026 and tell me if SS sucked

>Or is it a bias against Marvel?

It's just MASSIVE contrarianism.

Cred Forums has always been like this. People like thing? FUCK THING, THING IS TERRIBLE.

You're basically right. None of the Marvel films are really bad. I don't really like Thor or IM2, and I'll admit to not having seen Thor 2, but from what I can tell, these are just mediocre action films with some charming moments/characters dotted around. And as little desire as I have to rewatch, say, Thor, I can recognize that it's not a generic action movie. Cred Forums, with this glut of superhero movies, seems to have forgotten what a terrible generic action movie actually looks like. Protip: it looks like Independence Day II, and Battle: LA, and xXx, and Elektra, and BvS, and all the other extremely sub-par, literally dull as paint drying tripe that gets released every year.

Compounding this is a small group of delusional diehards that slavishly attack anything Marvel makes out of pure company loyalty, not because they truly think their films are bad, but because they are absolutely desperate to convince themselves that they and Warner Bros are 'winning' somehow. These people are the bane of discussion, because they're not there to find any kind of truth or meaning, they're just sorely in need of validation, and the only way they know how to get it - or get some pretense of it - is to lie endlessly to themselves and others about movies of all things. You get people like this in every fanbase unfortunately.

>It was 2 hours of pimping new characters and being le funneh.
except you're absolutely wrong

Green Lantern is literally one of the worst big budget Hollywood films ever made. It's laughably bad, or it would be if it weren't so fucking boring.

IM2 is just meh. Meeehhhhh.

god forbid something be popular

>Big nerd character who is also a quippy little shit in canon and is meant to be 16(?) years old at the time makes a comment about The Empire Strikes back, a movie released literally 36 years ago, and describes it as "really old"
>This triggers Cred Forums

You realize the irony of you saying that, yeah?

You've all been harping on about how it pains you that Marvelshit is popular. But the moment someone say they think something you like, or is made by the company you like, was shit, suddenly opinions are sacred as fuck and GOD FORBID SOMETHING BE POPULAR.

Get a life nigga. Just go outside for fifteen minutes to cool off. Or stop thinking about these things, because they're not really important, and watch some good films. The Witch (or The Vvitch) is a pretty good flick released recently, and you can even find it on youtube.

I think it will be the next Thor. Which really shows bad things for whenever Marvel does "magic" characters.

If you genuinely feel that Iron Man 2 is a weaker film than Green Lantern, please don't reproduce.

I know that's probably not a big concern realistically, but if by some insane luck the chance should arise, just do the right thing.

for the record, i have never been averse to marvels popularity, try that other guy

But it is. Iron Man 2 is fucking horrible

It's an MCU people film of course people will like it.

MCU is pretty much a guarantee of quality

Threadly reminder

I think it'll have a modest success along the lines of Ant-Man rather than Guardians of the Galaxy and also be looked upon more favorably by Cred Forums in the long run. Either way, either this or Moana is going to perform below expectations.

>open the thread
>half the thread is people arguing over what and who is racist

They warned me not to leave the Win-O'. I didn't listen.

this is Cred Forums where everything is racist, and everything sucks

STEPHEN: "So these are the Elder Gods..."
MORDO: "There are four of them...two of them allies...two of them enemies..."
STEPHEN: "Nice folks".

MORDO: "Chthon wrote the book on evil...literally."
STEPHEN: "What about Set?"
MORDO: "He made a hat."

It concerns me we have not seen any non Inception magic in the previews. I want to see a spell flung.

Iron Man 2 could have been great, that's what's frustrating about it.

Closest thing was probably the whip, though we barely got to see that I suppose.

>>$270 million budget

Who the fuck allowed this?

I dont know much about marvel magic so im unlikely to not muh like i will for justice league dark but what i do know is it involves a lot of calling on higher entitys and i know audiences will get sick of it no matter how good the movie is.

Only marvel magic i have read is the first few years of the doctors strange tales stuff though so i could be completly wrong.
I really need to get round to reading some more doctor strange.

Magic aint cheap user.
Where do you think all of suicide squads budget went.

Do we have any footage yet.

I do wonder couldn't they just set it in tibet and say its china.

Yeah this. I come to co for some sort of discussion that I cant get anywhere else but co just gets so massively butthurt over anything mainstream that the legitimate criticism gets piled onto a massive swamp of shit.

They are better then man of steel sure but they are still bad.

I kind of like bayformers but good lord i am sick of the synergy with bumblebees voice.
Im glad witwicky is gone though

I do really wish we could have gotten demon in a bottle.
As crap as dc movies have been they have much more oportunity to do that sort of thing marvel blew one of there few chances.

>say a role should be based on performance
>use Queen Latifah as a response

He spent like 30 minutes describing the AT Walkers when he could have just said "remember the AT Walkers in Empire Strikes Back?" A real nerd would know the terminology.

box office will be slightly lower than ant man.

>He spent like 30 minutes describing the AT Walkers
It was 5 seconds.

>when he could have just said "remember the AT Walkers in Empire Strikes Back?"
Real nerd or not, mentioning AT-AT walkers from Empire to a group of people that you're not sure know the specific names of obscure sci-fi vehicles is a retarded way to explain a plan. He's not even entirely sure these people have seen Star Wars, and yet you want him to assume they know what an AT-AT is? and which scene the AT-AT appears in? The "walking thingies on the snow planet" tells you everything you need to know about the scene he's referencing.

>walking thingies on the snow planet
Is how you know this script was for the LCD.

Reshoots and Will Smith

Will smith maybe but the reshoots seem to have been things that would not have cost much.

The first ASM was decent, it's the second one that's pure shit.
Great soundtrack too, although not as memorable as Raimi's Spiderman.

it under performed. which wasnt helped by last minute re-shoots

>Cred Forums has always been like this.
Cred Forums has always been like this.

I think they were only 10m pesos, so not much. thats not a lot considering you had to go back to stuff that was already put away or gotten rid of due to waste of space ect ect.

Casual here. I anticipate highly liking it.

It'll be okay.
About the audiences, they don't give much of a thought to these movies, they just go watch them to have an entertaining evening, so if it keeps them entertained, they'll like it.

You know, Patrick Stewart once played Othello and all the white characters were played by black people