Weekend Cred Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cred Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/86341813/

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/48560032/#48574341
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last thread:

-For some reason Tats' never-actually-seen """bike""" is a popular subject
-A lot of blebbing with Lorelei, the selkie
-Talked more about Cosmic Crusaders
-Stuff about Otherworld
-More stuff about another else-world
-New pics
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Not really a whole lot happened.

Well I did make the thread earlier than usual.

And they have been slow for a while.

Such is life.

Saturdays are not the best day anymore.

I don't think there is a "best" day for these threads since activity remains the same when they're up no matter which day it is.

Had a thought about those magical girls today?

What if they weren't a real team? What I mean isn't that they're not a group, what I mean is that they decided themselves to become a team?

They weren't given matching powers from an outside source, but rather took their disparate powers and formed a brotherhood of their own volition.

More knights taking a vow of honor than magical powers bestowed along a single theme.

>brotherhood

You mean "sisterhood," shitlord.

One of these times I'm going to upload it properly.

Something like that might be better suited to characters who actually are/were knights.

Personally I've always wondered how The Bearded Skeleton and Atomic Esquire got along since they were from times before the kingdoms were united I think.

What's she questing for?

I was just trying to put a twist on a stale concept.

Plus the idea of young characters performing such an out-of-time ... I don't know what to call it ... Ritual?

Anyway, that appeals to me.

That doesn't really make it feel any less stale to me.

You're gonna need to re-word this.

I mean I get what you're saying, you want to re-work them so that they all got their powers separately and are just super powered individuals coming together rather than people chosen for a specific task and given powers meant to be used in cooperation with each other.

It just doesn't feel all that different.

Gotta find all the magic cloaks, collect all the Remembrancer's songs and discover the ancient secrets of the Otherworld!

It could even be that they're meant to have contrasting powers. Not so much that they're meant to be in conflict with each other, but definitely not meant to be taking honorable vows to each other.

More Three Musketeers than anything else, I guess. Including the weapon-crossing pose.

I present CalArts Briana and GG (with kid-friendly flat chest).

I seem to recall a Hummingbird sprite sheet.

So what would their new weapons and powers be?

Truth be told, the "old" ideas weren't really very well realised. And if we were to continue with this reasoning, the concept behind their powers and weapons would change, though their "personalities" would remain largely unchained. I doubt anyone even has any of the ideas from the discussions to continue from.

Haha, what?

So what are you proposing for the re-work then?

It's true they never really caught on or went anywhere with what they were before.

ambwalr had me whip some up for a programming project he was working on.

Not a total re-work. Just in the sense of how they relate to one another. Maybe a less "magical girl"-ish look as well?

There was one, I remember, who was a reluctant member of the group who didn't really want to be part of it. That allows for a delay for the complete pose (maybe a square, so there is a literal incomplete shape (pottery)).

I do think it would be cool to have such a close team with no unifying theme to them, even more so when the "genre" (for lack of a better word) almost demands one.

The easiest way to go about this is to think up a story and make them the main characters.

That way it'll make any problems apparent.

Someone made a request in the drawthread for something Briana, and it got rolled into "CalArts GG".

Depends if we want to have a villain surface, and they all rise to fight it, only to keep bumping in to each other and the vow to be made.

>Briana doesn't have her big eyebrows

Heresy.

It's a tight squeeze!
Just a quick switch and...

Ta-da! Otter form squeaks through the tightest spaces!

You can call the shots on what the story would be, just come up with an idea and we'll roll it until the problems become apparent with the characters and work those out.

So it lets them turn into anything, right? Not just seals.

All Selkies can take seal form by default. Very skilled Selkies can assume the forms of other creatures, generally aquatic mammals. Their cloaks can contain their magics long after they've passed on, so Lorelei can use the cloak she gathered here
to become a sea otter, as seen here!
Y'know, in theory. But it's fun playing around with the tileset editor. Brace yourselves for more of this crap until I get bored with it.

So the skills of the original owner are what determine the versatility of the cloak, not the magic reserves of the current owner?

Dreamstuff is the residue of thoughts and feelings and memories. The cloaks of great selkies "remember" the abilities of their counterparts, and can be used by others to achieve the same feats, if they have the potential. Given time, using another's cloak could even "teach" a user how to use that form permanently, even without the use of the pelt.

Can things other than selkies learn from using the cloaks?

It'd be harder, and shapeshifting is one of the toughest forms of magic in general, but yeah, if you were real powerful and had a good head for magic you could probably learn from them.

Because I remember an idea about a stolen cloak, and if at the end of that story the cloak is returned or destroyed, the villain might be able to retain some of its power.

Just something for the idea vault that I might be able to use later.

A stolen cloak can offer some measure of power over the owner as well, in the style of "true name" scenarios.

But what if an old cloak was stolen, one that belonged to someone long since dead?

In most cases, obviously the owner would be safe from any manipulation by virtue of being dead.

But if it were stolen by someone with unearthly powers that extend beyond the mortal coil... who knows? Probably not even the selkies know what might happen then.

I'm just thinking of plots that can involve the creation of a new villain.

Like someone who steals a cloak and retains the powers after it is destroyed without fucking over a living selkie.

>You can call the shots on what the story would be

I don't think that's how these threads work.

Sounds like something a Coccult rogue might dream up. An occult enthusiast like him, but sinister, more black magic oriented.

Really? I come up with stories all the time and usually pitch them to the threads to get feedback or a chance to see if anyone calls me out on something super bullshit.

All the time with the AC(oSF) lately, though I guess not for the past few threads.

And that brings me to the next thing.
Well, this is more of an idea I had to get the AC(oSF) involved with the fae as as part of an over arching plan to get Diving Belle one step closer to going for a dip in the dream well.

The "end game" for Belle is getting her dad back, and to do that the dream well is the best option since it links to all the other dimensions where people dream, including the Evilverse.

That's the long term idea anyway.

Last bump from me before bed.

Sinister blebs????

Well, I'm seeing the Vow of Fellowship being taken in jest for three of them, with the only one it actually mattering to being the one with an overly romantic view of heroism of the past.

To her this is following on the footsteps of Alfred calling the faithful Theyns to the ancient woodland moots, and the forming of the Fellowship of the Ring. That these are both treated as equally true, factual and alike, is important for her character's worldview.

The others just see her as a LARPer, with them just wanting to beat up bad guys, seeing the tactical advantage of a group, or whatever.

So I have this image in my head of the first being an awkward arrangement of "you stand here, you stand there," with the second, real, one being natural, and much more "epic." Basically swapping a secret clubhouse for palace in terms of placement as well.

Not sure how they met or the placement of the story, but to me this evolution from "just messing around" to an actual sisterhood is the story.

Bump.

Somehow an ancient selkie cloak ends up in a museum, or stolen from a tomb, or from a selkie temple.

Whatever the source, the bad guy gets their hands on it and uses it in a way that attracts the AC(oSF)'s attention, but also the attention of the selkies.

If they have powers before meeting then they could have fought together in combat and after doing so enough number of times just decided to make the team thing official with the first "ceremony", then shortly after that they face their first big threat as a team at some ancient castle or whatever and really come to realize what a team is all about.

Then they can do the proper ceremony in a castle.

Even moreso than not giving GG gg's.
The wastelander's eyebrows are tied first for her most distinctive feature.

Dangerous!

And an afternoon bump since I like to make sure the threads at least last the weekend.

One of them needs to be a robot.

A good villain should be, yeah.

It's still a far away idea, but I'm thinking it should be a villain who is already somewhere in the extensive list of villains that we don't have cataloged anywhere.

Is there anyone among that secret list who would fit the bill?

(pic unrelated, just uploading an upscaled version of since I wasn't able to do it before)

No idea yet, there's over a hundred doodle only characters right now you and a handful of others have cranked out in doodlechat or flockdraw and wherever else.

With the AC(oSF) I've been trying to use characters we already have rather than make new ones.

I see I see. Well I'll rummage around in the cobwebs upstairs and see if I can think of anything.

(another resize)

It's still a not any time soon plan.

Right now I guess I'm still on the Bomb-Squad arc of the AC(oSF), and I've been too busy lately to put much thought into it.

After that maybe they'll meet Shark Lass and I'll be able to put some of those Diving Belle-Cred Forumsntainment crossover ideas to use.

ha-bump

And he'll survive that because it'll be a Diving Belle story.

Imagine there's some grunt who keeps getting high-optimism assignments and gradually goes paranoid waiting for the violent death that never comes. Constant near misses, but no serious bodily harm, while his comrades in other divisions come home in bags as often as not.

He must either have a very ironic or very fitting codename then.

Chum.

Hey fellas, first time around here.
Been workshopping this idea:
>Half-blind Granny Metal Worker
Thoughts?

Can't get much topher than this. I like it.

Last bump from me before bed.

Maybe after the shark incident, but not before.

Has potential.

What kind of things does she smith?

Any general purpose tool or object that she's commissioned within reason (construction tools mostly), but enjoys crafting hammers (Sledge, War hammers, etc) most. Melee weapons aren't really used in the modern age but she has a soft spot for making them.
Anything you'd add or suggest changing?

So, what is it that's ground out the interest, I wonder. It's been maybe a year or so since the last time there was consistent thoroughfare in these threads.

My understanding is a lot of the userbase moved to tumblr or 2x4chan. Now you can only get traction with tits.

Only half-right, homie. The other half is actual paying jobs as artists.

Well, good for them at least.

So by
>commissioned within reason
do you mean she can make anything?

It's always gone in cycles.

It takes a consistent source of new content to really make the threads move.

The metal worker granny makes me think of the Cred Forumsnstruction Crew group.

Though is she an actual grandmother?

I was thinking some kind of alien princess (which she must unconvincingly keep a secret)

Within reason, yes. She obviously can't construct anything too ridiculous or outside practicality but she'll do her best to meet the specifications of the commission.
She's moreso a grandmotherly figure. Friendly to the town children and such. Makes little metal trinkets for them on occasion and stuff.

So what place in the world does she operate out of?

Robot alien princess.

So how popular is Colette In Universe?

Unsure yet - her character is as far as I've gotten thus far.

Popular enough for Ladybug to apparently own a poster of her.

Any kind of stories in mind for her yet?

I always liked this random guy who appeared in the drawthreads a couple times.

It'd be funny to do something with him in the /coc/ setting somewhere.

Robot that, rather than learn what love or friendship is, instead learns what honor is?

Image not related. Just posting randomly because people pay more attention to posts with images.

What is this even supposed to be at this point?

Well bump.

So it now looks like those 4 seasons girls are being turned into the Teen Titans.

How do robots determine gender?

Is it based on what attachments they currently have or calculated based on how many words they speak per day and changes when the ratio of words per day is accessed over a period of time?

What the fuck is this Knight of Buckley's deal anyway?

He's a knight who duel wields bucklers, a type of small shield.

>"it was generally used as a companion weapon in hand-to-hand combat during the Medieval and Renaissance, as its size made it poor protection against missile weapons (e.g., arrows)"

01 v 00

Right but, surely there's a joke going on here. Buckley implies CAD, but I'm not seeing any association there, and if there's no joke then why bucklers?

Nope, no relation to that.

It was a drawthread request
desuarchive.org/co/thread/48560032/#48574341
those don't always make sense.

Don't really see that guy around much anymore.

It's how they choose to be, shitlord.

Slow as ever, who knows if it'll persist even through the night.

A real hero will save this thread.