Al Jean Fired From The Simpsons

Bad news guys according to The Hollywood Reporter The Simpsons has been renewed for a Season 29 and 30 and Al Jean has been fired from Gracie Films due to arguments with FOX and has now been replaced by none other than SETH MACFARLANE.

It can only go downhill from here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YNrn-7zjmYw
youtube.com/watch?v=jrIB35sCg4I
youtube.com/watch?v=E8gDvbsYd0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=kZu5iDTtNg0#t=1m14s
hollywoodreporter.com/search/simpsons
newgrounds.com/portal/view/671614
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm pretty sure they reached the bottom of the hill a few seasons ago.

provide a source fag

i hope it's true. i love if they poisoned the dead body they keep shooting.

>Al Jean Fired From The Simpsons

Good. Fuck that guy.

Could you imagine if this actually happened?

You think that's bad, remember that time the Simpsons tried to cash in on a FilthyFrank meme?

>and has now been replaced by none other than SETH MACFARLANE.
Okay, shut it down

Just shut it down

Bad news guys according to The Hollywood Reporter all your most hated cartoons and comics have been renewed for eternity and that one guy you like has been fired from life due to arguments with the Grim Reaper and has now been replaced by none other than SETH MACFARLANE.

It can only go downhill from here.

BREAKING NEWS

I JUST HAD SEX WITH THE ENTIRE CURRENT SIMPSONS CAST/CREW ON SAM SIMON'S GRAVE WHILE MATT GROENING CHEERED US ON

YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE BECAUSE IT'S ON THE INTERNET

>[slapping sounds]

What?

IT'S REAL THE SOURCE IS RIGHT HERE

>Hack Jean fired
>Bad news guys

youtube.com/watch?v=YNrn-7zjmYw

>SETH MACFARLANE.
he couldn't actually make it any worse

I wish I could delete YouTube.

Source: OP's ass

youtube.com/watch?v=jrIB35sCg4I

If anything, he's make it better.
I can at least "watch" Family Guy when I want something stupid and mind-numbing, but the Simpsons actively makes me angry with how trash it is.

MacFarlane would be a blessing.

Wasn't that both a couch gag... and a year after the fact?

Why wouldn't they hire this beautiful motherfucker?

Come on now OP

But while we're all here, what would your dream replacement show runner be?

Who the actual fuck animated this? A limbless six year old with cerebral palsy using paint? Holy fuck that is embarrassing on every level.

i'd smack dat source

'member frank grimes and maggie's first words

family guy

Christ, that animation is trash.
Remind me why this is still on the air?

Because you didn't get it taken off the air in 1990 and the Simpsons train just kept a-rollin'

You're complicit in this. Shame on you.

they went from hand drawn animation to flash
makes it cheaper but the animation looks kinda off

And you're not?

I don't even know what I could have done.
I haven't watched any Simpsons on telly since '95, haven't bought a DVD or VHS ever.
What more could I have done?

Bard Bird?

>but the animation looks like absolute shit
ftfy

He's too good for the Simpsons these days

>I haven't watched any Simpsons on telly since '95

Eh, you're good people I guess.

It's a toss up between Trey Parker/Matt Stone, or Justin Roiland/Dan Harmon. Both duo's know how to do comedy while still having interesting characters and development.

youtube.com/watch?v=E8gDvbsYd0Q

The Simpsons Time crossover is complete cringe

Is this OFFICIAL? You've got to be yanking my dick, this looks like fan animation that tries way too hard to stay on model

youtube.com/watch?v=kZu5iDTtNg0#t=1m14s

I don't think that's quite fair considering how amazing the rest of that couch gag was. It's pretty out of context.

I feel like it was just something they added in the last minute to cap it off.

>Book Lisa is reading is called "Last to the Party"

At least they're a little self aware.

Oh, so it is just fan animation

It is very eeasy to forget Filthy Frank did the first harlem shake.

You know you have shitty animation when South Park can recreate it perfectly

seth macfarlane as showrunner would probably get me to watch the simpsons again

i mean it's never becoming good again no matter how many more seasons they shit out, might as well see how much lower it can sink

I actually do feel really bad for Homer, his family sucks. Son doesn't respect him, daughter is always shitting on the things he enjoys cause they're "wrong", and his wife only ever thinks of herself and her happiness. He always tries to fix his mistakes but the rest of them never even considers doing anything for him.

the needed to churn something out quickly while the harlem shake meme was still relevant and having properly animated in korea would've taken months

so they just slapped a bunch of assets together and called it a day

>maggie made more of an emotional impact than you

He's actually right. Maggie's first word alone was more memorable than anything Lisa episodes did. Not to mention the DO IT FOR HER meme.

I feel bad for him too, but since season 1.
Episode 9 has Marge debating whether or not to cheat on him, not because he's done something wrong, but because she was pissed he didn't get her the right birthday present.
Then the very next episode, she's treating him like he's an animal because of the photo Bart took of him dancing next to a stripper.

Sure, this probably wouldn't have been so bad if the episodes were spread between two seasons, but side by side, shit is fucked.

FYAMULEE

Me

desu I would think a "This is Halloween" parody would be pretty nice for a THoH episode.

Someone who wrote good classic episodes. It doesn't matter who, just anybody but Al Jean

hollywoodreporter.com/search/simpsons
0/10

>Frank hates memes
>Accidentally creates one of the most obnoxious memes of the year

Like pottery

conan o'brien

I guess OP is not aware that Family Guy is not even written by Seth Macfarlane...he's literally just a voice actor.

and Macfarlane or not, The Simpsons sucks since a long times ago.

God, I cringed. How fucking late are they? Why do they always do memes when they're stale? Like, who gives a shit about AT anymore?

>that singing
Oh, he was so not into that

In about a year they'll do a Steven Universe couch gag.

Is it wrong that I kind of want to see that?

Delete this. I want to delete this. I want to delete this fucking show.

You're goddamn right it is, faggot.

Was thinking the exact same thing. The rest of if more than makes up for it.

Dammit OP, I was hopeful that the Simpsons could be fixed with Al's removal as the showrunner. You had to troll, you damn fag.

More like 15 seasons ago, Fox needs to pull the fucking plug already

The last season of Adventure Time was shit and the scheduling is more fucked than ever. I think they'll do what Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends did and shoehorn in a series finale when they run out of funding

The movie should have ended the series. FOX can live off the syndication rights for the show for the next few decades easily.

Of course they can, but when they can make mad shekels from the raping a corpse, why would they stop?

Sad but true. FOX has shown to make poor decisions based on how much they can screw over their viewers.

Doesn't FOX also have an individual paid subscription model for watching their programs through an online app instead of deals with Hulu, Netflix, or other online streaming services?

>Doesn't FOX also have an individual paid subscription model for watching their programs through an online app instead of deals with Hulu, Netflix, or other online streaming services?
I wouldn't know as I'm a filthy pirate, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Purge of FOX when?
We can erase the last two seasons of Futurama while we're at it.

I was talking with my neighbors over the situation as cable is dying and being replaced with "online cable" as individual networks are requiring paid subscriptions for content access.

>FOX
>CW (just became free)
>ESPN
>Disney
>Hulu (free streaming with commercials is gone)
>Amazon Prime
>ABC
>NBC
>CBS

And they're all individual services?
Christ, that's just excessive.

Like I said, I'm a pirate, but my roommate has Foxtel and isn't everything there covered by that?
It just seems ridiculous to have so many competing services.
Even more ridiculous if people pay for more than one of them at a time.

Yeah, paid subscription models to access content online after it airs on TV through the individual streaming service.

I dislike how NBC fucks over hockey (die-hard fan) and other sports it has contracts to air as their service is shitty.

I bet if you subscribed to all of these services it would come close to the price of a regular monthly cable subscription, so it's only worth paying for things you actually watch
It's still more worth it to seedbox/usenet though

I use sites that host new episodes of shows through Google Drive and other streaming services.

Since torrent sites are being taken down or voluntarily closing.

That's complete trash.
Are there any free alternatives that don't involve piracy?
Because, let's face it, it's not entirely reliable especially for things like sports.

It's still a scumbag act, but they're just exploiting the market for all they can.
Nothing's really changed.

I noticed it first when jewtube started having advertisements.

Hell I pay for Google Play Music service and received YouTube Red for free. I still have uBlock enabled on there just to fuck the site over on ad content.

>Google Play Music
What does that go through?
Something like iTunes?
I actually use iTunes, I don't pay for shit, but man is it convenient for sorting things.

I don't even use youtube anymore, there's nothing on there that I want to see and when there is, it'll be here where I can embed it, meaning no ads or on Serebii where I can just play it through their site, also without ads.

CHRIST and all that budget just for shit like that!?

'Arthur' is suffering from the same shit.

You can upload your own music to Google Play and they support MP3, FLAC and ALAC. I use it because it's simpler to use than setting up a media server and constantly using both my cellular and home bandwidth to listen to music. You're still giving Google money because your music taste is pretty valuable for targeted ads.

There have been good looking things animated in Flash, but it's always some college student's short film and they never use flash alone. Flash is always paired with after effects or final cut to make the lighting and visual effects less shit. Most studios don't have the time so it looks like garbage.

>Most studios don't have the time
No, it's that they choose to not use the time.
They can churn it out quick and retards eat that shit up.

Mike Judge

the hell is this? the kid looks right at the border of a nervous breakdown

Silly Cred Forums, Simpsons will die when one of the VAs do.

....My money is on Julie. She sounds bad these days.

I believe that's anne of the green gables

>Homer as Steven
>Patty and Selma merged as Garnet

you don't need other tools to make flash look great, but the thing is, it has a lot of shortcuts for lazy animators, so people use tweening a lot instead of frame-by-frame like in Toon Boom
newgrounds.com/portal/view/671614

She's Anne of Green Gables so yeah she pretty much is.

Going to a new town where your red hair makes you look like a freak during a time where teachers would smack you for being left handed, shit man, people got messed up for nothing back in the day.

Didn't one of them die recently anyway?
I don't see them dying when people will still watch it out of a 20+ year habit.

Shut up, Boco

Krabappel's VA did, but she was more of a frequent guest star.

When one of the four family VAs go, thats game over.

Yes sir...

The true tragedy on 9/11 is that mf didn't die like he was supposed to

I dont think it would be that hard to find a good imitator.

What?

>Implying FOX will cancel the show because someone passed away
Nah, they do it with side-characters because they don't matter but you must be insane if you they'll stop digging their goldmine out of "respect" to the show and the deceased.

>if you they'll stop digging their goldmine out of "respect" to the show and the deceased.
Remember when they had Troy McLure show up in the comics years after his death?

Must have been seen this I would cringe too.

Seth mcfarlene had tickets to be on the flight that got hijacked on 9/11 but he couldn't make it/ was late

I heard he was hungover, and basically went "fuck it" and didn't get on the flight

to be fair, the comics are like a totally separate thing

I really think most people who consider themselves fans of the show have no idea the comics even exist and have been around nearly as long. of those that do know of the comics, I think most don't care.

Oh, of course.
It's still a really dick move to have him in the comics.
Just let him RIP in peace.

And they didn't even use the original song so it was kind of pointless.

Two or three years, give or take, when SU's popularity has long since waned off. They're only now just putting merch in stores, so a year isn't long enough for it to seem out of date..

Tell me you're trolling me.

Considering there's no source, it's safe to say you're a fucking retard.

Weirdly yes and no. It's from an official couch gag by a guest animator and it's a bit disingenuous to post it here as an example of the shows typical animation quality.

dude fuck you guys
al jean isnt perfect but the show was best under him the first time around, and since he came back it has... improved. still sucks, but improved.

I didn't cringe a lot, I just fucking laughed at how shit that was.

I can't wait for the Steven Universe theme song.

>Bart is Steven
>Marge is Pearl
>Lisa is Amethyst
>Maggie is Garnet
>Homer is Greg