Was Ursa good mom?

Was Ursa good mom?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11296103
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you ignore the comics, and you should, then yes.

She tried her best, but she wasn't a super hero. Stupid moms need extra love.

Depends if you count the comics

She was kind of a shit mom in that she does some seriously stupid shit in them.

I dunno

Azula or Kiyi?

Is he gonna ___ her?

Is this the incest thread?

She was a terrible mom who played favorites and doesn't give a shit about her child that needs her the most. She's a fucking monster.

Why should i ignore the comics
Dont spoiler me

Yes, cunt.

There are a few Azula/Ursa pics you could post

MILF Mai is hot

Some people dislike them for stupid reasons.

Mildly off topic but

I love how everyone's opinion of Ursa literally 180'ed and all the triggered Azula fags were literally calling her worse than Ozai and Hitler combined

Take that into consideration. What if one day Nick decides that the Korra comics are popular enough to make more of and they do one on Asami's mom

Would she get the same level of backlash if she got more story? What would be the gimmick she burns down orphanages and skins puppies for clothing?

Some idiots like them for dumber reasons.

More or less.
The only really bad thing she did was putting Zuko in the middle of her shit fit with Ozai.
The situation with Azula was completely out of her hands because Ozai indulged and rewarded her bad behavior. Ozai had all the power, so Ursa couldn't rectify his bad parenting. The only reason she managed to raise Zuko right was because Ozai had no interest in him.

>In B4 Scrapper

She was shit mom to Azula and we basically nothing to justify her doing that because it is implied her ignoring Azula is why Azula became a brat in the first place. She chose to forget her kids which makes zero sense, her kids remember her and live with the ozai whom she was so desperate to get away from, I don't she would have suffered much if at all by keeping those memories. Remember she could have just changed her face she volunteered her memories. Honestly she didn't appear have it that hard with Ozai, sure she lost her old life but her new life wasn't bad outside Ozai being possessive, Zuko had it way worse and could have had a slightly better go of it if she didn't run away.

Bullshit she had interactions with Azula and none of them helped her. Ursa is a selfish human being that deserves worse than what she got.

I also forgot the bit about pretending Zuko wasn't Ozai's son. She knew what would happen, she put her son and former lover at risk.

Well... she was a pretty good mom to Zuko. Kinda threw Azula under the bus.

Then she intentionally forgot her kids, which totally annihilated any positive aspects of her parenting. I mean, holy shit.

Shut the fuck up, Scrapper.

The weird thing to me is how little effort she puts into finding Azula in the most recent book.

>if she didn't run away
Why do peaple always, ALWAYS, say she ran away?
Read the story, she was banished. Ozai said if she ever returned, he would kill their kids. She didn't run away.

>she was a pretty good mom to Zuko
>i know let's put my favorite child into my feud with father and insinuate he's a bastard
>that's a good plan and won't backfire in anyway
She heavily dislikes Azula I mean she probably "loves" her but just doesn't "like" her

In Smoke and Shadow, I don't remember the wording but it says they seached for weeks or searched all they could or something.

Zuko's the only one who seems to really give a fuck about Azula at this point and they decided to shoehorn another perfect little sister in for him to care about so she's pretty much fucked.

>Ursa couldn't rectify his bad parenting

She didn't really tried.
All her interactions with daughter was like "stop doing this, stop doing that, go to your room, jeez, you're doing it wrong, stap, STAP".
All she did is chatting with Zuko all time.

Oozai was terrible father and didn't really loved Azula, but he prised her and her talents. No wonder, why she was so obseesed with him.

>>i know let's put my favorite child into my feud with father and insinuate he's a bastard

I'm counting that as part of the "forgot her kids" thing, since it pretty much directly led to her exile and the forgetting.

They had a deal and Ozai said at the last moment she couldn't take the kids and she still left. He did not kick her out.

There really wasn't anything she could have done with Azula. Ozai wanted to turn her into a weapon and rewarded her for being a selfish, violent brat. There's not a whole fucking lot you can do with a 6 year-old who is having negative behavior reinforced, they're naturally going to run to the parent who tells them they're good and doesn't tell them off. Then there's the fact that Ursa and Ozai didn't have an even relationship. If Irsa was seen undermining Ozai or interfering with his plans for Azula, he could beat her or have her locked away or killed. Ozai had total power and immunity. Azula might have been Ursa's daughter but that doesn't mean she has any say in her life.

>kid misbehaving
Ursa did nothing wrong.

Yea, there's a way to rectify bad behaviour and Ursa didn't know how. It's not just "no don't do that". She didn't have to do any of that with Zuko because he was a good kid. So yes, she has shit parenting skills. She got lucky with Zuko because he was already a good kid. She didn't really have to work to make him good.

There. Right there.

Ursa doesn't have any alarm bells go off in her head when her daughter burns something for not being pretty enough. She's just, "respect my gardens, you little shit."

Ozai is teaching Azula that if she isn't perfect then she isn't worth shit, and Ursa does dick all to try and mitigate that damage. She's too busy having Zuko wrangle her milky tits.

Azula may be a psycho hose beast, but her shitty fucking parents made her that way. It's sad as hell.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try installing other virtues with the kid.
>don't abuse your friends because in the end they might be all you have left.
>Family should always stick together
etc etc

>implying Azula would't burn her mom right there if she raised her voice at her.

This is why I feel bad for Azula despite her being a spiteful bitch. She was made that way from an early age. One parent made her think that was the way to be and gave her a warped sense of self-worth, and the other one was too much of a retard to know how to fix it or care enough to even try. and the saddest part is, in the end, she just wanted to feel loved.

Would it honestly have made any difference?
Even the best parent in the world wouldn't have been able to do much in Ursa's position. Ozai would have seen any attempt to reprimand Azula as an attempt to weaken her or some shit.
Also, Azula was being a little attention seeking shit. You don't give little shits attention, you tell them no.

It's okay to educate and punish children, but, like I said, almost ALL her interactions with Azula was pretty cold.

No, in the end she just wanted to burn shit.

Go away Ursa.

Azula's a terrible person who doesn't deserve love anyway.
The only reason people pretend to give a fuck about her is because she makes their peepees tingle.

>Azula was being a little attention seeking shit
Just like every child in the world.

I can guarantee that if she'd taken that approach, this thread would be full of people complaining she was too soft on Azula.

>Would it honestly have made any difference?

It doesn't matter if it would have made a difference or not, man. It's the fact that she didn't even try.

That's why Ursa is a bad parent. You can try your best and still have a kid turn out rotten, but if you never even try they'll ALWAYS be rotten.

>doesn't include Azula in there conversation or try get them to interact
Honestly it looks like she just did it for attention rather than malice.

but she didn't that's the problem and allowing her to run rampant isn't soft?

>Zuko
>Azula
>Kiyi
2/3 ain't bad

>Honestly it looks like she just did it for attention rather than malice.
Exactly.

Her being a terrible person was largely due to her shit parents. and love isn't only given to people who "deserve" it. There's such a thing as unconditional love.

The only reason people defend Ursa is... I really don't fucking know. I guess it's just horrible parents from tumblr who are projecting or self-inserting.

>implying her mom changing her looks and personality won't screw her up
Kiyi is lost

>Kiyi is lost
she's already acting out

I hate this. azula repeatedly states she always wanted the love of her mother. Azula is not the monster Ursa is.

Not really. She loved her kids but that alone doesn't make one a good mother.

>azula repeatedly states she always wanted the love of her mother.
I don't think she's ever said that, to be honest.

I don't think it needed to be stated, it's obvious if you don't suffer from autism.

The breakdown in front of the mirror was the closest she got to directly saying it.

So it's never stated then, just clearing tht up.

>Azula
Azula is a fucking monster but she was raised tat way.

No. She was shit. Put one child in the direct path of her petty fight with his father by saying he might not be his. Neglected another because fuck if we'll ever know.
And then just chose to forget about them and have another while the first two suffer for her actions.

Fuck you she is remorseful as shown in the beach episode.

She shows resentment in the beach episode.

>Neglected another because fuck if we'll ever know.
Because it caused too much trouble to deal with.

I don't think Ursa was a great parent but all the problems are Ozai's fault.
I mean, Ursa was essentially kidnapped, kept from ever seeing her parents again, forced into a relationship with an abusive psychopath who was above the law and had two kids raped into her.
I can understand if she wasn't bringing her A-game with those kids under those circumstances.
Like, she was doing a great job with Kiyi until Zuko and Azula decided they needed her more.

This

insinuating Zuko is a bastard to piss off Ozai is his fault?

Maybe she should had least realize Azula just wanted attention.

Except she showered Zuko with love, so your argument is invalid. If Ursa wasn't presented as such an infallible mother who is only called out on her shit by Azula (a villain character) by the series, I don't think it would be as big of an issue.

Your argument banks on the idea that Ursa was presented with psychological issues that caused her to neglect her children, but the series presents her as a blameless victim who loved her children and is psychologically sound enough to have more children and "do a good job" with them.

Honestly, it's either the writing is horrible or she's a horrible parent.

That stupidity was definitely on Ursa, I'm not excusing her. That being said, the subsequent abuse that Ozai actually inflicted on Zuko is Ozai's fault. Like, he could have just not done it.
Ursa being petty didn't actually give Ozai a right to abuse Zuko, he was just looking for an excuse to justify it.

>Ursa being petty didn't actually give Ozai a right to abuse Zuko

Yet, if she knew he was the monster she's always stated as knowing he was, she would know the consequences of her actions. The only way you could excuse Ursa for her shit is just saying she's a complete retard who didn't know any better. Which actually doesn't excuse her, it just gives an explanation on why she was so shit at parenting.

This so much. Usra took her anger out on her children. I believe the only reason she treated Zuko nice was because she convinced herself he was her lover's and then put that notion to Ozai's head. Its her faulr. She poked a bear with doing that shit knowing how Ozai's was. And she still did nothing to stop him.

>he was just looking for an excuse to justify it.
then don't give the psychopath a fucking excuse. There a different ways to find out if you're being spied on like write a state secret or something ,or say ozai has a small as shit penis or something

She was only able to dote on Zuko because Ozai didn't care about him though.
Plus, she definitely does have issues. In the cartoon, she's shown as saintly because it's Zuko's idolized memories but in the comics, she breaks down with full PTSD when she sees Ozai's portrait.

She doted on him before the mess she started.

I'm not saying she's blameless in that situation but neither is Ozai. She was reckless and dumb but Ozai still took the decision to burn his kid's face off.
I'm pinning the blame for that on both of them.

Ozai never cared about Zuko.
He almost killed him at birth because he didn't have a "spark" in his eye.

so in the end she was a bad mother? and while it might be justifiable she's still a horrible person.

Well if she's a bad mother because of that, she's also a good mother because she saved Zuko's life when Azulon ordered Ozai to kill him.
Shit's a bit more complex than that.

Are people with no experience in child upbringing, really trying to justify how shitty Ursa was as a parent.

and what did she do after that? gave Zuko a heartfelt goodbye while telling Azula to go back to sleep and say a word to her then arraigned to forget all about them by making a deal with a spirit.

user, everyone on Cred Forums is a virgin. Nobody has any experience in child rearing.

>no experience
Speak for yourself.

Well Ozai forced her out and told her he'd kill the kids if she came back, so that probably needs factoring in.

I actually work with children and i can say with a fact Ursa was terrible parent.

I think they were both horrible parents. I just don't see the need to excuse Ursa either because she was actually presented as having a conscience so she should know better but she was just a retard in the end.

Like, people expect Ozai to be a fucking asshole. I'm not saying he should be excused in any way, but there's only so many times you can go "i'm a horrible person because ozai" Take responsibility for once.

>inb4 but Azula

Azula was a child who was influenced by her parents, the people she's supposed to look to for guidance, Ursa was an adult and Ozai was a man she loathed and knew was a horrible person.

So that means it's okay to tel your daughter nothing and then forgetting all about them? inf act she got off easy Ozai could have just as easily had her killed to make sure the truth never got out and state secrets never see the light of day but decided to let her liver her life which is honestly out of character.

I think, under the circumstances, pretty much everything Ursa did wrong is excusable. The only major exception being bring Zuko's paternity into question, that's an issue she created herself.
Everything else, there isn't really anything else she could have done. It's not so much "Ozai was mean, so I'm like this" it's more "Ozai literally has power over every aspect of my life and there's nothing I can do."
I think in most cases, where she's actually been able to raise her kids, in Zuko and Kiyi, she generally does an okay job, but I can't give he the blame for how Azula turned out because of how deliberately Ozai was in control of her upbringing.

She barely paid any attention to Azula unless she acted out though. If that isn't a clear sign of "i wasn't my mothers love" then i don't know what is.

I think there is a difference between "excuse" and "explanation".

Azula being a horrible person can be explained by her shitty parents, but that doesn't excuse her actions.

Ozai may have had control of Ursa, but her not having any real parenting skills to speak of is her cross to bear.

Zuko was a good kid, she didn't have to try hard with him and she had help with Kiyi.

Azula doesn't know any better.

We only ever see Azula acting up.
Every flashback we see, she's being a little shit. Perhaps that colors our perception of Ursa being cold, because we haven't seen any instance where Ursa isn't acting up.

It's funny because we never see Ursa ever acknowledge any affection to Azula in those flashbacks.

If their isn't a flashack to where Azula is a good kids its because she wasn't raised properly and the stuff she did excel at she was praised by her psychopathic father who encouraged her behavior.

But that's the thing, I think in instances where Ursa's been able to raise Zuko and Kiyi, she's generally done okay. Not perfect but decent enough.
I don't think she's a bad parent where Ozai and his abuse isn't a factor.

What? Yes, she does. That's literally the reason she had a mental fucking breakdown.

Azula finally realized that what she was doing was fucked up and everything she'd been molded into by her upbringing was a lie. She knows better now, but is incapable of rectifying the situation.

In Smoke and Shadow, she revealed that she's trying to turn Zuko into Ozai 2.0. Azula is doing that because nothing else makes sense to her. Things will go back to the way they were, but this time with a person who she knows actually loves her.

Its obvious she acts up for attention from either parent.
And Ursa never tried to get Azula to understand that being bad wasnt worth negative attention. So we have Usra looking at her like shes Ozai's mini.

That's what I've been saying the whole time though. Ozai took her under his wing and weaponized her.
He didn't really let Ursa influence Azula, he was the one who raised her and fucked her up.

She was the one with enough balls to protect Zuko and kill Azulon while Ozai was a little bitch.

Fuck yeah she was a good mom!

Ursa didn't even try

It waa her fault that Ozai resented Zuko. Ursa built a fantasy that Zuko was really her lover's so Ozai saw that. So he focused in Azula who was without a doubt 100% his to mold.

>It waa her fault that Ozai resented Zuko.
No it wasn't.
Ozai said he saw Zuko's weakness the moment he was born, he never believed in or cared for Zuko.

She wasn't a horrible mother but she wasn't the best she could be to all of her children. Kiyi got the best of her, then Zuko and Azula got the least.

She's not Hitler and she's not worse than Ozai. She was just a normal person stuck in an incredibly fucked up situation. She was forced to father children for a man she loathes. Then she has to care for those children, one who is actively being abused by that man and the other who is having her sociopathy not only reinforced but praised. If you had two kids and one of them legitimately terrified you would you spend time around that child? Most would say yes because they're not in that situation but most wouldn't if they were put in that situation. Azula really did get the shortest end of the stick. Her sociopathy terrified her mother who pushed her away so she was forced to rely on her shitty father who reinforced the behavior.

Ursa was fucked up trying to fool Ozai into thinking Zuko wasn't his child, though. Seriously, don't put your child in the middle of your relationship issues.

You see like 3 interactions between them in the entire series. Of course you aren't going to see the good ones when Azula is fucking crazy and off on a mission to assassinate her mom.

Scrapper stop trying to evade your ban.

>inb4 I'm not Scrapper, I'm just completely identical to him in every way except trip

She is a bad parent, because when faced with situations where she actually needs to step up with real parenting skills, she has none.

Zuko and Kiyi were ideal circumstances that anyone who isn't a psychopath could have been "decent" parents in. Ursa did the bare minimum in those situations, because that's all that was required of her.

Pretty much this.
Though I'd say Azula being close to Ozai is more by Ozai's design than a reaction Ursa's distance.

Given how shitty and flawed her kids turned out, nope.
Terrible mom, but a hot piece of ass.

We never see Azula truly act out that plan. she is merely showing her love the only way she knows how.

I'm not Scrapper I just happen to think Azula is innocent.

He wanted to make her suffer. Killing her doesn't do anything and throwing her in jail would just give Zuko the opportunity to find her eventually. He banished her so she couldn't be anywhere near the country or her kids and she would know that she can't do anything to protect Zuko from him. She knew that Azula would be fine since she is the favored kid. Ozai didn't consider the possibility of her going to a spirit to lose her memories. It's stupid, but she probably thought that going through with it would make him lose, in a way.

Being human doesn't excuse her of her responsibilities as a parent. It just explains why she was a shitty parent.

You're full of shit. How can you even pretend to argue she was raising Zuko in "ideal circumstances" unironicaly?
Azula wasn't just an exceptional case, she was bascally impossible to raise right with Ozai in the picture.

They both played an active hand in it, honestly. Azula was a child who had her attempts for maternal affection rebuffed due to her nature. Her father saw her sociopathy as strength and groomed her for succession and she confused the attention with love because she was just a lonely child.

>I'm not Scrapper
- Scrapper, 2016

I didn't say she was in ideal circumstances, I said Zuko and Kiyi WERE the ideal. Zuko was a good kid who didn't really give her any trouble.

and she was shown to have chances at correcting Azula's behaviour and she squandered them because she doesn't actually have any parenting skills to speak of.

I wasn't trying to construct an excuse for her. She had responsibilities as a parent and she fucked them up because she's a weak, scared human. It happens all the time and while it's not right it shouldn't be seen as unusual. Seriously, anyone who says that, were they in that situation, would have given Azula the kind of love and attention she needed to grow up well-adjusted is full of shit.

They both had a hand in it but Ozai's hand was 99% of it.
You might as well hold Iroh as culpable as Ursa because he was actuall in a position to do something and knew what was happening.

but you are trying to construct excuses for her by implying that its "not unusual" for her to be a shitty parent and trying to get people to admit they would be shitty parents too. You're trying to lessen the blame on her, which is a form of making an excuse.

The percentage shifted as time passed but I do agree that it was mostly Ozai's fault. He was a trainwreck of a human being, that can't be denied. By the end of the story though, I'd say the ratio was more 60/40. At a certain point before her downfall, Azula had chances to recognize that her behavior wasn't conducive to a functioning member of society and she basically told everyone to go fuck themselves. She forfeited her redemption several times over.

Par for the course really, considering all the excuses people make for Azula.

I'm not trying to lessen her blame. I'm trying to get people to acknowledge the incredibly fucked up situation that would result in the decisions she made. It's a simple appeal to empathy. Cast the first stone and all that.

>Zuko was a good kid who didn't really give her any trouble.
Except that we see that he becomes kind of a shitty person under Ozai, as evidence by how he was in S1.

> she doesn't actually have any parenting skills to speak of.
Except she clearly does, as evidence by the differences in Zuko.
You're making it out like children just raise themselves and that good kids don't turn out good because of their parents. If she had no parenting skills, Zuko and Kiyi would be worse people than they are.

>Azula had chances to recognize that her behavior wasn't conducive to a functioning member of society
No she didn't, don't get me wrong she's a monster but in the world she was raised in power and ambition was good and everybody enabled her.

True except she had multiple chances to pull a Zuko and those all ended with her almost killing one, or more, of the main characters. At a certain point agency needs to be acknowledged.

It seems incredibly fair to me.
Blaming Ursa for the way Azula turned out and using that as evidence for her being a bad parent is like blaming the pilots of United Airlines 93 for crashing their plane, the odds were massively and unfairly stacked against her.

I'm not saying all her actions should be excused and she had zero times to pull a Zuko because their was no one around raising her to do the right thing or push her on the right path. Zuko had his mother and Iroh

What about the time she wrote zuko isn't Ozai's son or the time she chose to forget all about her kids and live a new life.

60/40 what?
I was talking about Ozai's blame to Ursa's. You seem to be talking Ozai's blame to Azula's.
Big difference.

I didn't mention Azula at all though. and people making excuses for her doesn't make it okay to make excuses for Ursa's shitty parenting. Two wrongs don't make a right afterall.

>appeal to empathy

The argument was whether or not she was a horrible parent, which she was. Her being scared doesn't change that fact.

>using that as evidence

Her kid turned out to be a piece of shit as a result of her and Ozai's shitty parenting and that's somehow not evidence?

As much as I appreciate your defense of my argument, I actually do place partial blame on Ursa. She based her relationship with Azula on her natural instinct towards fear rather over her social obligation as a mother. As a result, she left a terrible void in Azula's life that wound up being filled with nothing but Ozai. She fucked up and she played in active role in what happened but she's not worse than Ozai. She's just human.

In the end we all agree Ursa is a terrible parent but because some people want to fuck her its justified.

>What about the time she wrote zuko isn't Ozai's son
Yup, that was a big fuck up on her part, as I've already said multiple times. One of the big factors as to why I say she was a "generally decent" parent rather than "brilliant".

>Her kid turned out to be a piece of shit as a result of her and Ozai's shitty parenting and that's somehow not evidence?
I discount it because I genuinely can't see what she could have done to not make Azula a piece of shit. Ozai seemed hell bent on turning her into a piece of shit and held all the power in the relationship.
Like I said before, you might as well blame Iroh as much as you blame Ursa. Iroh knew what was happening and didn't act even though he outranked Ozai at the time.

That doesn't mean she shouldn't try to connect to her daughter and instill some values who then turned to her father because that's where she was getting all the attention.You're not supposed to play favorites in parenthood

Ok, yeah. In that case I'd say it was 80/20.
Yes, and it's incredibly unfortunate that she didn't have the same support system.
She was a bad parent, yes. It just makes no sense that people think she's worse than Ozai. Refer to

>As a result, she left a terrible void in Azula's life that wound up being filled with nothing but Ozai.
See, I just don't read the situation that why. Azulon wed Ozai and Ursa with the explicit purpose of raising powerful firebenders. Should nothing come of the marriage, Ozai would have failed his father's mission which would bring shame on him.
I don't for a moment think that Ozai ever intended Ursa to have influence over Azula, Ursa was never an equal partner in the relationship, she was just a sow to birth Ozai's heirs. I don't think Ozai took advantage of a void left by Ursa, I think he engineered it by feeding into Azula's selfish, destructive desires and if Ursa ever questioned him on it, he could easily dismiss her because he's a prince who basically owns her.

"My own mother thought I was a monster... She was right, of course, but it still hurt."

She's being hard on herself. She obviously is hurt by that remark.

Iroh's not Azula's parent. Trying to shift the blame is you making excuses again.

Your whole argument is basically that Ursa couldn't have done anything and that's why she didn't. She might as well have not even been in Azula's life in the first place then and an absentee parent is still a shitty parent. Except she was in her life at first and she was shown to have moments where she could have rectified her shitty behavior but didn't possess the parenting skills or desire to do so.

That's not an illogical assessment of the situation but I still have to disagree. At the end of the day you have a child who, to her, has a mother who ignores her in favor of her brother and a father who showers her with attention. Whether or not Ozai engineered the situation or irrelevant. Ursa still left an emotional void in Azula that was filled by her father.

I speak from experience fool.
It just seems like no one here does.

>It just makes no sense that people think she's worse than Ozai.
No one thinks that.

She actually fulfills two-thirds of the Macdonald Triad for a budding psychopath.

Harming animals. When she threw rocks at the turtle-ducks because it was funny.

Arson. She would burn the flowers and other shit because they weren't perfect.

The only part that we don't know about is if she kept wetting the bed after early childhood.

>Arson. She would burn the flowers and other shit because they weren't perfect.
wrong, she did it for attention

It's still arson. The criminal act of setting fire to property.

>It's still arson. The criminal act of setting fire to property.
tell me where in the fire empire penal code does it say setting a flower on fire on her property is illegal?and show me the people who will arrest and charge her for it?

>Except she was in her life at first and she was shown to have moments where she could have rectified her shitty behavior but didn't possess the parenting skills or desire to do so.
I'd love to see what you'd do that would raise Azula so right.
Ursa's worst offense seems to be that she told Azula off when she was acting like a spoiled brat, which doesn't seem at all horrible or bad parenting.
Ursa favored Zuko, for sure, who the fuck wouldn't, but there isn't really any evidence that Ursa neglected Azula to the point that this thread seems to imply.

In pretty much every flashback we see in Zuko Alone, Ursa is there with both her children. Obviously Zuko gets more time because these are Zuko's memories but Ursa did willingly ignore Azula like people make out.
And then there's the argument that Ursa never tried to help Azula grow into a normal person but when Azula jokes about Iroh dying, Ursa tries to get her to see how her words might be hurtful if Iroh did die and she encourages Azula and Zuko to play together like normal kids.
The neglectful Ursa that people imagine doesn't actually exist.

That user did a poor job of applying the triad to a fictional society. It's less about the criminal act and more about the fascination with fire as a force of destruction and power. She clearly displayed that with the flowers.

>Except she was in her life at first and she was shown to have moments where she could have rectified her shitty behavior but didn't possess the parenting skills or desire to do so.
I'd love to see what you'd do that would raise Azula so right.
Ursa's worst offense seems to be that she told Azula off when she was acting like a spoiled brat, which doesn't seem at all horrible or bad parenting.
Ursa favored Zuko, for sure, who the fuck wouldn't, but there isn't really any evidence that Ursa neglected Azula to the point that this thread seems to imply.

In pretty much every flashback we see in Zuko Alone, Ursa is there with both her children. Obviously Zuko gets more time because these are Zuko's memories but Ursa did not willingly ignore Azula like people make out.
And then there's the argument that Ursa never tried to help Azula grow into a normal person but when Azula jokes about Iroh dying, Ursa tries to get her to see how her words might be hurtful if Iroh did die and she encourages Azula and Zuko to play together like normal kids.
The neglectful Ursa that people imagine doesn't actually exist.

she did her best with the situation that was handed to her and she ended up being less than stellar. she's not a bad person though.

Oh yeah, because every parent is a good parent and had experience of being a parent before becoming a parent, right?

>she did her best with the situation
No she didn't.

yeah she did

>more about the fascination with fire as a force of destruction and power.
you guys of dwelling deeper than you need too and so missing the point. She set the flower on fire for attention from her mother who the only thing she a in common with is being the same sex and not being able to get attention the right way because surprise surprise shes a child.

She didn't but that doesn't make her an evil or loathesome person. She was just a normal person who was terrified by the fact that her daughter was a budding sociopath and she couldn't do anything about it.

She pretty much did bar the "Letter to the ex" thing.
And that's a Zuko thing and he turned out okay.

Zuko has more right to blame her for that than Azula does for anything, really.

Zuko had Iroh who pretty much reversed most of the damaged his parents had done to him.

In the context of the Macdonald Triad the criminality of the act is secondary. It's more about the act of damaging property through fire setting is either cathartic as a means of venting frustrations, or invoking a feeling of power and destruction.

Aside from that, she has still demonstrated cruelty towards animals. Which is considered the bigger warning flag.

>and she couldn't do anything about it.
she didn't try and that's the problem some kids are just rotten from the start but you always try.

>She set the flower on fire for attention from her mother
You're taking that interpretation as gospel. Azula says that she set it on fire because it was imperfect and I'm willing to believe she's destructive enough to do that.
Even when she get's the attention from Ursa, she starts attacking Zuko with her fire, which signals to me that she's doing it out of being a cunt rather than for attention.
Plus, when a 6 year old acts out for attention, they say "I dunno." when asked why they did it because they can't process the need for attention at that age, they don't say "it deserved it, it wasn't pretty enough"

until we get a full indepth look detailing azula and ursa's relationship from the day azula was born to the day ursa left we're probably never going to know for sure whether or not ursa really "tried".

It's Scrapper. He takes all his retarded interpretations as gospel.

>she didn't try
see Ursa being neglectful is just an interpretation Cred Forums has reinforced themselves into thinking but doesn't actually stack up.

>It's Scrapper
Fair point, I'll stop replying to him.

She legitimately tried a bit at the beginning, that can't be denied. It's not like she came out of the womb and was automatically shunned by Ursa. It took time and interaction for Ursa to view her daughter as a monster.

But he was okay while he still had his Mom.
Zuko never actually needed Iroh until Ozai sent Ursa to go live in the jungle.

Who's Scrapper?

I'm still not entirely convinced Izumi isn't Ursa's daughter.

look at the page again
you're taking your interpretation as gospel too then.

A hero to defend the poor defenseless Azula anons keep bashing on.

but everyone in this thread agrees Azula is a monster. I swear you waifu fags will do anything to discredit the other side.

Psycho Azulafag who kills animals got permabanned for posting CP

Seriously though.
Why is there so little good Zuko/Ursa porn.
You'd think the memes about Zuko's oedipus complex would have produced something of worth by now.

avatar fandom is essentially dead, i don't even expect the LOK comics to do much.

>She legitimately tried a bit at the beginning,
Show me the pages show me a page of her legitimately trying to bond with Azula and failing.

Nobody cares about Korra

I think their issue is her attempts basically amounted to scolding which are probably what cemented Azula's issues with her since her only context of her parents were her Dad being supportive of her skills and ambition and her mother being dismissive of them, where she would see the opposite with Zuko who Ursa coddled while Ozai detested for his ineptitude. So basically all Azula knew at that age was if you don't love me, you hate me. So in summation, Ursa tried, her tries were shit and did more damage than healing. At the very least her attempts with Zuko planted a seed of doubt in his father's ways, if she'd tried the same with Azula there could've been a chance to plant that same doubt.

That's a fair point actually.
Had Ursa ever gotten through to Azula in any significant way, Ozai would most likely have kicked them both down the stairs as punishment, and then kicked Zuko down the stairs for fun.

Scrapper, even if he shows you you'll autistically rationalize it so Ursa somehow is evil.

His mom insinuated that he was bastard which his father used as an excuse to treat him even shittier then chose to forget about him when Ozai chose to let her live and banished her.

Ozai wouldn't have tolerated a shred of weakness or empathy in Azula. Ironically, she's basically the only reason all three of them weren't banished and replaced with mistresses groomed to bear heirs.

considering how little personality asami has i honestly expect her mom (if she ever makes an appearance via flashback) to just show up and die

This.

No they don't in fact to prove it here

strawpoll.me/11296103

You don't know what the fuck you are talking about

wow you sure showed me calling me a trippfaggot who's been banned and not showing any proof to boot. I'm gonna commit Sudoku now

show me in this thread where someone has said Azula has zero responsibility for her actions?

>Show me the pages show me a page of her legitimately trying to bond with Azula and failing.
Show me a page where Azula isn't acting like a little shit and Ursa actually has the chance to.

Show me where the majority think she is a monster.

Not him but I do.

>Even the best parent in the world wouldn't have been able to do much in Ursa's position.
Parenting is like training a dog.
If the hierarchy doesn't exist, there can be no trained dog.

The iron part is most likely that a saner Azula would be a lot stronger. The general rule of Avatar is that the most Zen fighter will in the end, shit on the opponent.

You are just one person who is most likely insecure about women. Azula would not harm you or anyone for the sake of sadism.

Seriously, how can you not think she's a monster after an entire series and several volumes of comics?

Because look at her. She is crying. She is obviously feeling emotions so she isn't a psychopath.

She's only displaying sadness because she lost. She dead and unfeeling, it's just an attempt to find sympathy.

Are you actually autistic? She's a sociopath. That means she feels no empathy. Those aren't tears of emotion. Those are tears of anger over not having her will become manifest.

She's just feeling guilty for being such a slut

meant for

Are you fucking shitting me? Even after she shown her soft side in the beach you still think she is a monster? Look at Ozai he is a true sociopath even after he lost he is cold and unfeeling. Azula wants the love of her mother but cannot comprehend the emotions she is feeling because she was never taught love. I don't know how the hell you all could look down on her when she never had a chance to begin with.

>CP
Seriously? I knew he was messed up, but...

Scrapper never posted CP that user is pulling stuff out of his ass.

...You're not fooling me, Scrapper.

She successfully invaded a fortified nation state at the age of 14. Bitch knows how the fuck she wants to live her life by that point. Your waifu had agency and that led to her demise. At a certain point mommy and daddy issues don't matter.

>tfw Ursa's VA played Pharah in Overwatch
How do you get typecast with Mommy issues?

Except we never see her do anything murderous or conniving afterwards. On the contrary she is showing her love to Zuko in her own Azula way.

>this thread

And another thing, does this look like a murderer to you?

Absolutely
100%
Not even in doubt

Stop being an asshole. There is no coldness no killer instinct in those eyes.

Nigga did you not read the comics? She was an unrepentant asshole.
Ok, I'm done arguing with the autistic waifufag now.

>There is no coldness
Yes, because she kills with fire.

I read the comics and I see the signs of her becoming a hero. She's not even my waifu but a girl like that could never be a psychopath.

Funny.

I mean, I sort of get where you're coming from. She does seem to have legitimate difficulty connecting with other people and seeing things from their perspective, and this does seem to really frustrate her at times. A bit of it is nurture because that domineering and manipulative behavior was enforced in her, but you can't deny it isn't coming from somewhere internal. She gets annoyed and confused when people she wants to attract are afraid of her, because she can't process what she's doing that's scaring them. It's not a conscious act all of the time, there is something that just doesn't click for her. If her father wasn't such a piece of shit she could have learned to mitigate that behavior and come up with a mental jury-rigged system to look at things from another's perspective, but the point is she hasn't. She does have legitimate psychopathic behavior and ESPECIALLY after the beach episode it's pretty undeniable.

She backstabs them by the end of that volume, senpai.

Way to shit up a genuinely enjoyable thread with your incessant, blind waifufaggotry.

>Why should i ignore the comics
because of this

Sauce?

Tell me where we see this "psychopathic behavior" you are talking about? Psychopaths are people who act without feeling or thinking and we see Azula do anything but this. She is fueled by emotion and her breakdown is centered on her feeling alone. She is a lost soul who needs someone to be there for her.

She only did what she knows how to do. Even Aang defended her after her "betrayal"

This pisses me off so much. Azula isn't some sort of demon spawn you bitch. Treat her like you treat that other bitch you favor.

Either you're actually autistic or you're one of the better trolls I've seen in a while.

I'm glad even now people still make these threads

Yes because a few panels are representative of over ten years of parenting.

I'm not saying she was mother of the year, but Azulafags are delusional and desperate to blame someone else for why their waifu a shit.

I mean why though, Ozai is right there.
But really Ursa's shit parenting hurt Zuko the most in the end. Azula was just insecure mommy didn't love her, which probably wasn't the case. But what she did to Zuko escalated his bad relationship with Ozai to a whole new level.

Seriously. You just shit up the entire fucking thread with your nonsense.

Because I'm not going to sit back and let you bash Azula because you all think you are better than her. I won't stand for it.

Not that guy but I'd say catalyzed more than escalated. Chances are it was going there anyway and in fairness to Ursa, she did literally save Zuko's life, which evens it out in my book.

>kid gets obsessively trained by father
>hard on kid, but she seems to honestly love fire bending despite everything
>mother only says negative things about her bending
>never shown complimenting Azula on her fire bending
>only ever telling her to stop

Fucking non-benders.

Yeah she tried to fix the situation but it was still a shit move that resulted in her son being scarred for life and her being banished and, thus, unable to protect him from further abuse from Ozai. Keep in mind, I'm not hardcore shitting on her, just acknowledging where she genuinely screwed up.

>>>/fn/

Well psychopathy is a term given for antisocial personality disorder. APD has the symptoms of:

Deceitfulness and compulsive lying. Azula demonstrates a readiness to lie whenever she believes it could give her even the slightest advantage.

Risk taking behaviors and a disregard for one's own safety. While Azula occasionally shows caution for her safety, it stems more from a very militaristic mindset, and she is much more willing to take a risk and potentially harm herself if it means getting what she wants.

Aggressive, manipulative, and antisocial behavior. Azula has a great talent for manipulating people and has a degree of pride in it, and is extremely aggressive towards those who don't acknowledge her authority. Antisocial in psychology means behavior harmful to socialization, as opposed to asocial, such as threatening and lying to friends, and attempting harm on one's family. When Azula has done repeatedly for the former and once in the comics for the latter.

Angry, bored, and discontent dispositions. Azula is naturally hostile to other people, and even uses her anger as a means of testing the water to how people act around her. When not on conquest or fight, she is constantly discontent with her surroundings and demands something to do. She wants action, even if it would be detrimental to her health or those around her.

Using charm or wit to deceive others for personal gain. See: recruiting Mai and Ty Lee.

Arrogance, a sense of self superiority and being extremely opinionated. These are core tenets of her character.

Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty. See: interactions with her brother.

Lack of remorse of harming others. Cruelty towards animals (the turtle duck incident.)

Poor or abusive interpersonal relationships. See: how she treated her friends and thus abandoned her. How she treated her brother.

Seems clear to me, man.

That place is flooded with "remember the six billion earth kingdom commoners" troll posts these days. Who gives a shit if Ozai burned up a bunch of worthless non-benders? Basically all they do is take up space and oxygen.

Your argument is being directed towards an autistic person who hasn't bothered to read the DSM let alone the wiki page on psychopathy. For the record, I appreciated your post. Good stuff.

You know by that definition most people and I would be considered psychopaths.

>Deceitfulness and compulsive lying.

We all do this to avoid blame and to get ahead in the workplace.

>Risk taking behaviors and a disregard for one's own safety.

People drink to their hearts content and get in cars while others like myself don't react to pain. We all take risks at some point because it gives us adrenaline alleviating boredom of everyday life.

>Aggressive, manipulative, and antisocial behavior.

We have to do this to stay employed and become successful otherwise the person next to you will take advantage of you.

>Angry, bored, and discontent dispositions

Everyday life is boring and the only reason why we participate is because we are required by law to otherwise we get punished.

>Using charm or wit to deceive others for personal gain.

We use our personal traits to get what we want it's only natural for us to do this to survive.

>Arrogance

Everyone thinks life revolves around them

>Repeatedly violating the rights of others through intimidation and dishonesty.

As long as we don't get caught we do this.

>Lack of remorse of harming others.

I remember when I was a young lad I used to abuse my cats and dogs. We all have killed animals on the road and feel nothing about it. I mean they are just animals.

>Poor or abusive interpersonal relationships.

True love doesn't exist and that's why people have short relationships nothing wrong with that.

Point is your "list" of unacceptable behaviors is too black and white. I know for a fact that I am a good person and disregard any of this crap you are laying out.

And there we go. The thread is dead. You killed it, you insufferable autist. I genuinely hope you don't continue to ruin other threads with your pointless defense of a character who is very obviously a sociopath because you lack the emotional complexity to appreciate a well developed character if they don't fit your narrow standards of morality. I now genuinely understand why everyone hates you. Please fuck off and die.

>It's a Scrapper tries to excuse his psychopathy episode.

Where the fuck do you get off telling me that I have narrow standards of morality? I'm just saying that this world is cruel and unforgiving and the only way to get ahead is to be as mean. Sadism is a human emotion that each of us have. There is a piece of Azula in every single one of us and we should appreciate it more. You try to shove her into this classification and make yourself feel good because you can't admit that Azula is as human as the rest of us but you see that's why I'm here I will force you to see the other side of humanity you shun so much and force you to accept it as a part of you and you will like it.

Shut shut up shut up. I hate when you fucking people call Scrapper a psychpath. He is not one and neither am I.

Scrapper is a psychopath normal human beings are not inclined towards sadism normal humans are not pathological liars or remorseless killers. And while I am on a roll Azula does not exist there is no "true her" and if she did exist she would most likely despise someone as pathetic as you.

If the boot fits, wear it, you sociopath faggot.

>I'm just saying that this world is cruel and unforgiving and the only way to get ahead is to be as mean
No, that is ONE way to get ahead, and the fact that you think it's the ONLY way is evidence that your head is either fucked or on the route to being fucked.

Azula is as human as Bundy or Gein. Flimsy freudian excuses don't justify or lessen her numerous amoral actions and disregard for life, which aren't even balanced out by her almost non-existent positive qualities.

She is a great character, but very clearly a sociopath.

I agree with you to a certain extent but you're being a complete asshole in your argument. I argued for understanding concerning her upbringing but I'm not dumb enough to completely absolve her of any kind of agency in her horrible behavior and her subsequent downfall. You're blinded by your waifufaggotry and it ruined an interesting thread in the process.

I'm not sure what kind of workplace you are in where compulsive lying and antisocial behavior is even slightly conductive towards your performance. Your claim that people don't do certain things because it's the law, and not just the right thing to do, as well as your admission to abusing your pets makes me wary of you.

Furthermore, it's not about a onetime display of these behaviors as it is about these behaviors being systemic and part of a general pattern.

If I had known Azula all my life, could I offer her a personal detail in good faith? No, I couldn't, because I could rely on her to use it against me. A rational person would understand the weight of that detail and not use it against me. If I asked a person what they did yesterday, could I trust them to tell the truth? Yes, because a rational mind sees no reason to lie in that situation and that there's nothing to gain. I could trust Azula to lie to me, because she sees an opportunity to deceive me and takes it.

None of this is her fault, if that's what you want to hear. She never made a conscious decision to be the way she is. It's because of a legitimate, inborn personality disorder whose behaviors were encouraged and rewarded from her father. You can occasionally see her very visibly struggling with herself, especially in the last season. She gets frustrated and confused because she just can't get why people are reacting to her the way they are. It doesn't click for her and it leaves her out of the loop, and that infuriates her. But it still is not her fault.

>We all do this to avoid blame and to get ahead in the workplace.
Speak for yourself.

>We all take risks at some point because it gives us adrenaline alleviating boredom of everyday life.
Yeah, everyone takes risk, but your "reason" isn't inherent to everyone.

>Everyday life is boring and the only reason why we participate is because we are required by law to otherwise we get punished.
Speak for yourself.

>We use our personal traits to get what we want it's only natural for us to do this to survive.
Of course we use personal traits to advance our position in life. Your error is in assuming that that goes hand in hand with the deception of others.

>Everyone thinks life revolves around them
It's called a frame of reference, you faggot. Most people have multiple. Personal frame of reference is just usually our go to because it's the one we're most familiar with.

>As long as we don't get caught we do this.
Speak for yourself you edgy nigger.

>I remember when I was a young lad I used to abuse my cats and dogs. We all have killed animals on the road and feel nothing about it. I mean they are just animals.
Roadkill is different from purposeful animal abuse. Pretty sure you're trolling at this point. 5/10 for getting a response.

>True love doesn't exist and that's why people have short relationships nothing wrong with that.
Just because your emotionally deficient mind isn't able to comprehend it doesn't mean it isn't there. Try again subhuman.

>I know for a fact that I am a good person and disregard any of this crap you are laying out.
>Abuses animals, lies and steals to get ahead, thinks people only participate in civilized life because of law, justifies compulsive lying
News flash, you're worse than the gang-bangiest nigger there is, because at least they watch out for their own. Posts by subhumans like you are wonderful to read; they're case studies in retardation masqueraded as "honesty".

I don't care if she would hate me I adore her and that's all that matters.

Fuck you, I'm the hero. I'm the one who is trying to make this world a better place in that same respect so is Azula. We can make the world a better place if you let us have our way.

How many times do I have to say it? Azula is not my fucking waifu I just feel for what she is going through. I'm sorry I'm acting like such a jerk but you guy keep hammering down on the poor girl.

Well at least you are half right. At least you see that none of this is her fault but I still don't think she is a bad person. For the record I work for the government and that's where I see this type of behavior.

Don't lump me in with that fucking edgelord.

Different user here. I think Azula is a great case study for "sociopath" vs "psychopath". She displays regret on multiple occasions, and shows that she is indeed capable of regular human emotion and empathy: she just chooses not to exercise it. If she were truly incapable of not being a psycho cunt, she wouldn't be nearly as emotional or display so many signs of internal struggle, imo.

>Don't lump me in with that fucking edgelord.
Then stop acting like some edgy middleschooler that thinks he knows everything about the human psycho.

Confirmed for troll. Here is your (you). Keep on furiously masturbating to your waifu. Your poorly disguised wannabe-psycho shitposting is wonderfully interesting compared to the usual rehashed avatar discussions.

>Your poorly disguised wannabe-psycho shitposting is wonderfully interesting compared to the usual rehashed avatar discussions.

You must be new here. It was only a few months ago when Scrapper would derail any Avatar thread where Azula was mentioned. Also, I'm pretty sure it isn't shitposting. Scrapper's legitimately mental or one of the most dedicated shitposters in existence.

>Speak for yourself.

No I'm speaking for you.

>Yeah, everyone takes risk, but your "reason" isn't inherent to everyone.

Why take risk then? If there is no enjoyment there is no necessity.

>Of course we use personal traits to advance our position in life. Your error is in assuming that that goes hand in hand with the deception of others.

Deception is a human trait. We use this to survive.

>It's called a frame of reference, you faggot. Most people have multiple. Personal frame of reference is just usually our go to because it's the one we're most familiar with.

That doesn't negate the natural human born ego we have.

>Roadkill is different from purposeful animal abuse. Pretty sure you're trolling at this point. 5/10 for getting a response.

So you are admitting you don't feel anything when taking the life of an animal when you hit it with your car?

>Just because your emotionally deficient mind isn't able to comprehend it doesn't mean it isn't there. Try again subhuman.

Don't you fucking talk down to me you pathetic piece of crap you are here on Cred Forums which automatically makes you fucked up in the brain. I'm trying to help you because that's what heroes do.

>News flash, you're worse than the gang-bangiest nigger there is, because at least they watch out for their own. Posts by subhumans like you are wonderful to read; they're case studies in retardation masqueraded as "honesty".

So you are saying all those people in prison are the best kind of people? Get the fuck out of here.

>Then stop acting like some edgy middleschooler that thinks he knows everything about the human psycho.

Where the hell do you live where everything is sunshine and roses? I want to know.

Keep telling yourself that. One day you will come to grips with who you are.

This whole thread derailed to autism land.

Holy shit, you can't be a real person. Nobody is shitting on your waifu, least of all me. I'm arguing for a modicum of personal responsibility on her part. What kind of person has watched that show and would genuinely think that she's completely innocent based solely on her upbringing? Christ, what the actual fuck is wrong with you?
This is actually a very good point. The crux of the issue is how much of her behavior was natural and how much was a result of her upbringing. She's a good, fictional, case study in nature vs. nurture.

Congratulations

Honestly just seems like a dedicated troll working an angle that gets a lot of replies. Shit like
>Fuck you, I'm the hero
is too hilariously stupid and tryhard to be taken seriously. Someone who actually is a pathological liar/manipulator would know that saying something like that would discredit them in an instant.

This is now a dubs thread.

It's Scrapper. He just can't use his old tripcode because he got banned.

Not all liars are created equal. Scrapper claims to be a master manipulator but really he's just a crazy tard.

There was plenty of his greatest hits in the old archive before it went down. Even in desustorage there's a few chunks that survived.

checked

Smug cunt.

Reminder

Praise kek

Nice digits.

Yeah, it seems like that. I'm drunk and bored so I didn't see much consequence in taking potential bait in a thread this long lived. I still think raises an excellent point for discussion though.
Legit psychopath autist troll. Gotcha.
Pic related.

fuck off scripter

I'm not using a script. You're just lying to push yourself ahead of everyone else.

>No I'm speaking for you.
Sorry, doesn't work like that.

>Why take risk then? If there is no enjoyment there is no necessity.
>Can't separate enjoyment from necessity
Brain damage confirmed.

>Deception is a human trait. We use this to survive.
Capability =/= exclusive use

>That doesn't negate the natural human born ego we have.
Ego is a scale, most healthy minds realize that, despite their innate selfishness, life doesn't actually revolve around them. Your mind is not healthy.

>So you are admitting you don't feel anything when taking the life of an animal when you hit it with your car?
I feel sad that the animal's life was ended due to freak incidence, and somewhat frustrated that I wasn't quick enough to avoid it.

>Don't you fucking talk down to me you pathetic piece of crap you are here on Cred Forums which automatically makes you fucked up in the brain. I'm trying to help you because that's what heroes do.
Reddit trolls have more skill in their craft than you. The fact that this drivel is the best you can do on the site that is demonized as the asshole of the internet is really sad. Get help bro.

>So you are saying all those people in prison are the best kind of people? Get the fuck out of here.
False equivalencies. Delusional. You're a wonderful example of what happens when someone survives the homemade crystal recipes found on Cred Forums.

Wrong thread. This is a dubs thread.

haha, fuck you
Reality did it's job again.
Praise kek.
No dubs for infidels.

Don't you fucking talk down to me you pathetic piece of crap you are here on Cred Forums

>because you all think you are better than her
But I AM better than her.
Compared to her I am real.

>raises an excellent point for discussion though.
user that brought up that point here. If I had to take a drunken stab at it, I'd say that she is just aping the lessons taught by her father out of pride of her upbringing + seeing those lessons as the most effective means to an end. I don't even think she's a sociopath: she displays waaaay too much emotion, and most of the horrible things she does is to further her nation's cause. Just a case of a passionate, skilled child being taught counterproductive, harmful things by a callous parent in the name of their version of the greater good.

(Checked)

Don't you fucking talk down to my waifu you pathetic piece of crap you are here on Cred Forums

Everything works according to the plan

There's nothing sadder, and more hilarious, than someone trying to white knight a fictional character when they're completely wrong.
Honestly, I think it was mostly nurture in her case, considering the shit hand she was dealt. I think that, had she been raised in a stable environment and developed into a well-adjusted person she probably would have led the Fire Nation to a new golden age. Her natural talent can't be denied but it became warped by her environment pretty much from the moment she became self-aware.

Bump

Woah Mama

Is the comics really canon? This form of dialog doesn't fit Aang at all.

I would expect him to say Katara not girlfriend. It's so off.

just kiss already.

Eh, imo, she is a bit too fiery to make a competent leader of an entire nation. Would have made an amazing general though. Imagine how well she would have been able to inspire her troops and maintain discipline if she lead from the front and wrecked shit in battles, then spent the time in between training and taking care of them. Had a decent (but not god-tier) tactical mind, too.

Just goes to show how unproductive edgy callousness can be.

>fetish for deforestation

Oh no fucking way, there was literally a thread a day or two ago where some autist kept spamming lame, poorly drawn pics of Asami being some kind of Captain Planet tier environment hating villain.

Are that and all these edge-posts by the same person?

I thought he was weird in that other thread, but he's got some actual fucking issues doesn't he?

Where the fuck is anonymous (old one) when you need them?

I'm pretty sure that Asami Blight guy and Scrapper are two different people.

There's another guy spams Asami torturing Korra. I think him and the deforestation guy are the same.

You make a damn good point because she is preternaturally cunning and she's exhibited that since she was very young. Seriously, as fucked up as it was, her siege of Ba Sing Se was brilliantly executed. She literally defeated deus ex machina in order to achieve victory.

>calls her his girlfriend
>brother sits in between´.
Why do I think this looks hilarious?

>psychopath guy
>person with deforestation fetish
>animations torture lesbian fetish

What in God's cock is going on in this board?

Alright I'm going to level with you guys. I know I've been kind of a bastard to you guys in this thread and in the past but it's for a good reason. You see I always wanted to be like the heroes you see here on this board. But I did horrible things that lead the people in my school to put me through years of counseling because they honestly thought I was going to think I was going to shoot up the school. So you see I never got to be the hero that I wanted to be.I never got the love and adoration I deserved and that's why I relate to Azula so much. I can see she just wants love like I did but everyone thinks of her as a monster like they did with me. I just want her to have a happy ending so it can give me hope that I can find mine as well.

Just your average Avatar thread, senpai.

>my sister is boring
>hey that's my girlfriend you're talking about

>my sister is boring
>hey that's Katara you're talking about

My fetish is Kuvira remaining good. Am I going into the sick fuck category?

That's all well and good and I appreciate your apology. That said, please learn to share you're indentifying with a character in a manner that doesn't completely derail a discussion. It's jerkass behavior and if you're trying to not be a jerkass then it would help to stop.

why not both?

IMO, it's not as brilliant on repeated viewings because she didn't really beat deux ex machina, deus ex machina just helped her instead.

>every time Aang's gone into the Avatar state, it's either instant or there's hurricanes and other natural bullshit that prevents you from getting close
>Aang just floats up there charging like a retard with no natural disasters or anything when Azula shoots him

The Dai Li thing was dumb too.
>Fire Nation has been BTFO the entire time by Gaang
>Azula makes some edgy teenage speech only marginally better than what Scrapper would write
>yeah, let's side with her

It would be better for you if you just leave the board. Accept your ban like a man.

I'll meet you halfway. Don't ever talk bad about Azula and I won't even show up to these threads.

She was a hidden gem covered by soot that still managed to wreck the shit of people she had no right beating. If anything, her upbringing and emotional trauma is what held her back.

I mean, think about it. Team Avatar had multiple elements, even one that she wouldn't of even had any prior experience fighting against, and she still managed to stomp them on multiple occasions. While leading a task force that made their lives a living hell. AND dealing with shit BESIDES team Avatar on the side, like the Ba Sing Se siege she pulled off brilliantly, like you said.

Imagine what she would have been able to do if she wasn't in near constant emotional turmoil, raging out of control at the drop of a hat? The more and more I think about it, the more it seems that her issues were a purposefully imposed handicap by the creators of the show to stop her from shitstomping the protagonists from the get-go.

>liking Kuvira
>Lin
>Kaya
>even that cunt Suyin
You're only a sick fuck for not partaking of the Mature Lady Buffet that was The Legend of Korra.

The worst part was how Sokka and Aang gave her full clearance to meet the Earth King and conveniently went away before they could blow her cover.

Say what you will about the Dai Linbut she orchestrated an insurrection in what was thought to be one of the most loyal defense forces in the world.
No.
Yeah, she would have wrecked everything had she been more stable. But were that the case there would have been no conflict because she was catalyst for a majority of it in the series. Everybody has a weakness and her emotional imbalance was the weakness in her character. That's why she's such a damn good villain.

Ursa is best girl

1. Ursa
2. Honor
3. Aang
4. Kiyi
5. Jin
6. Suki
7. whatshername, the chick with the knives

99999. Azula

>Not knowing Mai's name

You have to go forward

You must like abusive parents.

Zuko, stop posting.

She was ok with her new face by the end of the Smoke and Shadow, apparently she only had a problem with her new worrisome personality and cold hands.

Though she loves the guy that suddenly came in and ruined her established quiet life more than anything in the world.

She tried her best considering she had to bear Hitler's spawn against her will.

Oh the irony

what a sad, small resolution

Sure thing bro

The cold hands thing was a manifestation of her fear

But Zuko actually likes Mai.

He does, though he tends to completely forget about her at times.

should have used firebending to keep them warm

If I tell you why, it's a huge spoiler.

You just gave me us a paradox.

Ursa didn't really want to. She already had her "good" child.

It was easier to put everything into Zuko, than struggle trying to get Azula in line.

Scars build character. Literally.

We saw her trying to get Azula in line on two different occasions in the flashbacks from the very last moments before she got banished.

But Azula would rather happily wish for the death of her relatives.

In the end he and Mai probably WERE the best parents.

That looks like a man.

Zuko is already pretty good with Kiyi and won't have any drama like Aang did of having to pass down all the teachings of his culture to only one of his kids while raising kids unfit to carry on his legacy family or Toph being a single mom.

The only real problem he might have is Azula and Kiyi going full yandere for Zuko's attention after he gets a new special girl in his life.

The thing with Ursa was that she'd disappeared out of the lives of Zuko and Azula. She didn't give them an explanation and she never returned back to them, no matter how bad things got for them (Zuko getting scarred and banished, for instance). The show had set up a scenario where it was pretty difficult to justify why Ursa would stay away from her children like that. If she had just died offscreen, that would've been a good justification for never coming back. However, there wouldn't be all that much closure in that.

Asami's mother just died. If they wanted to show what kind of a parent she was, that would be easy enough to handle. They could show scenes with her as a happy and devoted parent, and maybe even portray her as sacrificing her own life to save Asami. But the issue with Ursa was that she didn't get a death scene; she just left her children (even if she was blackmailed into it) and they had to come up with a reason as to why she would do that, and why didn't she come back at some point.

With any other mother character, there would be no reason to use such controversial elements as a mother faking unfaithfulness and setting up her own son as a target for her abusive husband, or deliberately getting amnesia in order to forget about her kids, or changing her face and traumatizing her offspring. Ursa was in a unique situation and this was apparently the best they could come up with.

Bryke shot themselves in the foot with the "where is my mother" cliffhanger

The amnesia needed to happen as an explanation to why she never tried to contact Zuko after he got banished and there was no longer any danger of Ozai killing him if she tried to make contact with him.

The face change needed to happen because fans demanded an epic story to what happened to Zuko's mom and otherwise it could easily be solved by having Zuko use June to track her down.

The letter was a plot point to use as a cliffhanger and to show how Zuko would react to having an exit from the very stressful Fire Lord job. But it does make Ursa look like a complete retard for using her son to bait Ozai into admitting that he is checking her mail.

Oh shit.
The Fire Nation has internet now?

The end of Smoke and Shadow made no goddamn sense. The issue with Kiyi and Ursa just resolved itself for no reason.
Also, yeah, I can't help but feel it would make more sense if Kiyi didn't Zuko. Maybe she can't process the fact that he robbed her of her Mother and her normal life and she'll get more brooding in her teenage uears or something, but her loving Zuko because he played with her dolls that one time, over all the shit he put her through, seems convenient.

To be fair they can do it without amnesia.
Even if she got news about what was happening, Zuko spent the beginning of his banishment in one of the most remote places in the world hunting wild geese, then he was hopping from town to town looking for Aang, then he went underground, then he was back in the Fire Kingdom, then underground again.

>The plot of Smoke and Shadow made no goddamn sense.
ftfy
That shit was embarrassing this franchise needs to die for good.

>If you ignore the comics,

Lol, she was completely nonexistent in the show.

The new one with Katara and Sokka has been decent so far.

>reddit

>This post
Parents didn't slap this poster as much as they should have as a child.

Just pretend that she died

Guy was a massive hypocrite. Claimed he loved Azula and considered her "too pure" to imagine in any sexual way, yet would constantly look at porn of her, even requesting it in some cases despite knowing she was underage.

Guy's a fucking looney.

>this entire thread

>despite knowing she was underage
She's a cartoon character. Don't be a fag.

Shut the fuck up, stop talking about a tripfag that's not even in this thread you fucking faggot.

Hello Scrapper

>he doesn't like shitposting
>he must be Scrapper
Get Cancer.

>every poster ITT

He's fun. Especially when he gets drunk.

So, was she a good mom or no?

>Being this fucking stupid
>>>/tumblr/

That screencap always makes me laugh my ass off. God bless you, Polyle. He makes damn good loli art, too

bad mother

She could have still easily located him once he became Fire Lord

Scrapper was drunk and you all took advantage of him.

He just related to a character. What's wrong with that?

What if the plot became about imposter Firemoms coming out of the wood work when Zuko decided to search for her?

Zuko would find a way to ruin a subplot where a bunch of MILFs throw themselves at him

>8 years after ATLA's ending and nearly 2 years after LoK's ending
>still no confirmation of who Zuko and Sokka fucked

Why the fuck is it so hard to just say that it was Mai and Suki?

Sokka fucking Suki was confirmed 8 years ago in the Southern Raiders.

Why is the Fire Nation so shit at raising children?

I recognize that bulge!

Eat shit, nig.

Fact remains is the guy is a hypocrite for saying shit like "I would never think perverted thoughts of her!" and then go about looking at porn.

>it's shitposting to call out the faggotry of a namefagging hypocrite

KEK.
LA.
KEK.

There's a difference between "I like this character, they're relatable." versus "They totes didn't do anything wrong! It's the other characters who are wrong!"

Hi there, not-scrapper.

But if she didn't know any better then she should be absolved of all blame.

I'm not Scrapper but I believe in Azula like he doe.s

She was good, maybe not the best mom, but she did something that took a lot of guts and sacrifice.

Not that certain shitposters can ever admit because they're full-blooded contrarians blinded by waifuitis.

Because she did know better, Scrap. You can keep bullshitting things like "she was damaged since childhood", but the fact remains that Azula knew everything she was doing. You can't be a fucking genius tactician and be more emotionally damaged than the fucking Joker, brains don't work that way.

But she only did those things because she was trained to. she was mentally conditioned and brainwashed which makes her not in of herself.

She was trained to fight, yes. But she led of her own accord. She wasn't ordered to convince her brother to betray their uncle and help take down Ba Sing Se, she did that entirely of her own discretion.

>brainwashed

lol, no.

It's called conditioning. She was conditioned by her father to make her think might is right.

But it's still not a confirmed endgame pairing.

Conditioning is not the same thing as brainwashing.

And she clearly wasn't conditioned any differently from Zuko other than being around Ozai longer.

because Katara never loved Ang in a romantic way. She married him out of a sense of duty and friendship.

Your precious Azula didn't love Aang, Scrapper. Stop with your bullshit.

I thought because fortune teller said so.

Did Katara love anyone?

her mom.

why does everybody on this show has mommy issues.

I'm surprised that with bryke's obsessions with daddy/mommy issues that we still don't know shit about Aang's parents.

She loved Aang, they just didn't explore her side of the relationship as much as Aang who had his moments of doubt and jealously when they felt like tugging the ship along.

Wasn't it implied that the original Nomads were more like a clan, wherein they treated everybody like one big family rather than individual families?

Why the Beifongs were the most dysfunctional family?

Oh, please. He liked it. He was asking for it.

Except Ozai never conditioned Zuko. He was always the runt of the litter.

Scrapper never wanted Azula to be with Aang.

No he wasn't that's like raping a drunk woman because she didn't make a conscious decision.

Gyatso's the closest thing he had to a parent.
Air Nomads were raised communally and in temples separated by gender. He probably never met his Mom after his birth and his Dad was just another monk.

Ozai tried to, but Zuko didn't take to it like Azula because he was more like their mother while she was more like their father.

And pretty sure Scrapper on many occasions implied that Aang and many of the guys might have fallen for Azula had they "REALLY gotten to know her."

>fact remains that Azula knew everything she was doing
because the 13 years old could totally go against orders from the fucking firelord. It's not like her brother got a third degree burn on his face for that.

>Ozai tried to, but Zuko didn't take to it like Azula because he was more like their mother while she was more like their father.

Well she only had skill which is what Ozai wanted to mold. Zuko had jack shit going for him.

>And pretty sure Scrapper on many occasions implied that Aang and many of the guys might have fallen for Azula had they "REALLY gotten to know her."

All men should fall before Azula.

Zuko had skill, he just didn't have the raw natural talent his sister had.

I'm not your mom

Only relevant family besides the FN royals

That's what Ozai wanted.

It's always funny to me that despite essentially losing both parents and effectively raising each other in a war-torn, primitive shit-hole for half their lives, Katara and Sokka were the most stable, normal and well-adjusted members of Team Avatar.

Not quite. He wanted both of his kids to be fine heirs. It just turned out that Zuko was more like his wife and even his brother than he would have liked.

Aang was pretty well adjusted despite just waking up from a hundred year long coma and losing all of his friends and race.

And Katara had pretty bad mommy issues, who knows how she is going to react to the new comic's twist of Hakoda getting a gf

>Aang was pretty well adjusted
too bad he was a shit father

Exactly so he turned his conditioning to Azula.

Well, it's not like he knew much about parenting since he was raised by monks.

He was also stuck in a very bad situation because of marrying Katara. He had to completely revive airbending culture, pass everything down to the next generations and at the same time raise a multi-cultural family.

Katara might have been his forever girl but he would have had a much easier family life if he had married an air acolyte like Tenzin did.

Bad parents wouldn't have taught her the importance of good foot hygiene

She has servants for that.

Azula reminds of a girl I'm dating. That's why even though she's she-devil, I love her.

Does she torture animals, suggest genocide ideas and tries to rape her brother?

Don't know about the first and last part, but she does have violent tendencies when something pisses her off and she scares me when she flirts. But for some reason I'm not repulsed.

Love her. Never leave her.

Yup.

Toph is better.

Shut the fuck up you pedophile.

Adult Toph exists, you know.

>"do whatever the fuck you want girls"
That isn't really good parenting

Yeah, I agree, Azula a shit.

Well they were the only siblings in the gaang. Far as things went, Aang apparently had no blood siblings (though we know OG Bumi was a kind of brother to him), and Toph was outright stated to be an only child. Which always seemed like a missed opportunity, would have been funny if Toph had a few brothers and sisters, but wasn't anything like any of them. Of course, since they sort of went with that angle with Ty Lee, maybe they didn't want to make similarities of any kind.

It was parenting. He didn't do anything new to Azula that he hadn't before. She was the way she is because she was BORN like that.

Nobody cares about Ty Lee's "I have too many sisters, boo hoo" sob story

Toph's whole point is that she was overprotected by parents that saw her as a weakling because of her disability and couldn't see how strong she really was, and spent most of her childhood only interacting with badgermoles and earth wrestlers.

Giving her siblings would be pointless since the gaang are supposed to be her first real human friends.

It could have still worked, since the siblings would have acted the same as the parents and neglect her feelings for acting "nice" because they figured she needed nothing but special treatment and wasn't capable of any form of independence.

There is no way to prove that. Someone as perfect as Azula is not sadistic.

It would be pointless because they would have to be terrible people since Toph ends up opening to the gaang as her first real family.

And it would make it look like Toph didn't really have an empty lonely life before escaping from the Beifong estate.

Not quite, if the siblings were much older (later teens/early adulthood), they could have been neglectful not only through the shared overprotective their parents had, but being busy and successful all their lives, leaving Toph to feel isolated from not only being treated like some doll, but inadequate because of her blindness.

>It's not like her brother got a third degree burn on his face for that.
Second degree at worst.

Also completely different circumstances.

>leaving Toph to feel isolated from not only being treated like some doll, but inadequate because of her blindness.

We already got that without the need for any siblings.

There is because Ozai was always in serious business mode, only being not so serious apparently when he took Ursa and the kids to Ember Island (at least, that's what Zuko seemed to imply in the rare instances of Ozai being capable of real fatherly behavior).

And Azula is hardly perfect.

Azula also wanted love from her mother which makes her different than Ozai.

Yes, let us post

All children want the love of their parents. Azula however didn't seem to care that much when Ursa was around, but once she was gone she did realize what little connection she had with her mother. Fact remains is that Azula brought everything on herself.

I can't really picture Ozai acting like a human being. It would have been nice seeing that insted of being told about it.

No argument there, even a 4 second sequence of Zuko having flashbacks like those would have been nice. Of course, the entire finale did feel rushed in many places (not just the infamous lion-turtle and rock bits, either), should have maybe added one more episode to pace out some parts better.

The Zuko flashbacks would have been more appropiate for the first half of book 1.

Especially considering that he didn't do anything very important between meeting Ozai and saying goodbye to him other than find out about Sozin and Roku.

By doing what? Being born? Ursa gave up on her not the other way around.

>brains don't work that way
citation needed

I don't know, maybe Book 2 would have worked for that. Had they shown the good times in the first season, it might have made Ozai just seem flat out bipolar.

Only after realizing her daughter was as monstrous as her father-in-law. Azula abused animals, her own brother, and probably would have had no problem with killing her grandfather if offered the chance. She was fucked up since she was a kid, her mother didn't have a thing to do with that other than vanishing after helping Ozai take the throne and realizing that part of her did want something more.

Kids abuse animals it's no big deal. Azula only became the way she is because Ursa chose not to put in the time and effort that she was putting in Zuko.

>Kids abuse animals it's no big deal

Oh yea, I forgot you're an animal abuse, Scrap-kun.

And Ursa did her best when she was still with the kids, she only gave up sometime shortly before her exile as it became clear Azula was pretty much a maniac.

Can you shut up about the whole maniac shit? We see Azula craving for love which makes her normal and she is still a child with a developing brain so she has time to change to the hero we all know she can be.

We also saw her wishing for the death of four of her closest relatives and laughing about her mom's disappearance all in a single episode.

She only craves for love in two episodes, first in ember island and then in the finale. Even then, she directly admits to not caring that much because she's fine with who she is. And she was maniacal, seeing as how the pressure of being appointed Fire Lord overwhelmed her in mere hours.

>she is still a child
She's a teenager and has long since locked into her mentality

>the hero she can be

Keep dreaming, Scrapper-sama.

And throwing rocks and shit at harmless animals.

Hell, if they had less restriction by the network, she probably would have just outright cooked those turtle-ducks.

>the hero we all know she can be.
She already decided to dedicate her life to fucking with Zuko's head and turning him into the Azula with a penis she has always wanted to be.

>MY OWN SISTER-BOY, NOW NEITHER OF US WILL BE VIRGINS!

But we all know she is putting up a front. She really wants to be loved.

It's a facade. The person she is acting out to be is different than what she wants to be. Also from a psychologist's perspective, you don't "lock-in" until your mid 20's.

I did it and I cam out ok.

She just wants to feel connected to her brother. I applaud her finally trying to reach out for love.

yes he does

Can you prove that's the real Scrapper?

Polyle is much more based than I thought he was.
He confirmed so in picarto stream.

pic related to both

>It's a façade

Nice head-canon, but no. Azula wasn't crying for help on the inside all throughout the cartoon.

And no, you lock into most of your mental habits as you enter your teenage years. You can break some, but it's harder than getting any quirks you may have ironed out when you're still a kid.

>I did it and I came out ok

You're defending a fictional crazed cartoon character with bullshit claims like "they're just misunderstood!"

Also, you need to be punched in the face if you think hurting animals is perfectly okay.

Iroh always looks really emotionless in the comics, why?

To be fair, the expressions in the comics aren't nearly as great as the cartoon, which tends to happen when you go from animated expressions to still images.

>I did it and I cam out ok.
No you didn't.

Scrapper would never and I repeat never be friends with that pedophile Polyle.

>Nice head-canon, but no. Azula wasn't crying for help on the inside all throughout the cartoon.

Yes she was. her entire motive was getting love from her parents. She wanted to know why her mother never loved her when she thought she did everything right.

>You're defending a fictional crazed cartoon character with bullshit claims like "they're just misunderstood!"

Well you are the ones that are calling her crazy. Also animals are not humans so why do you care?

Scrapper has grown. He no longer likes this ship.

Depends on the panel

>He no longer likes this ship.
Probably because Zuko was such a pathetic cuck in Smoke and Shadow that he no longer deemed Zuzu worthy of his waifu

>Yes she was. her entire motive was getting love from her parents.

No, no it wasn't. She enjoyed dominating others with her power. Her concerns about her mothers love only came about because she had just lost her friends and was starting to feel vulnerable, which she had never felt before.

EVERYONE is calling her crazy, because she is.

>animals are not humans

So? That doesn't mean it's okay to kill their young and torture them like toys. But please, keep digging your own grave with your lack of logic.

You sure do know a lot about Scrapper's definitive likes and dislikes, for a person who isn't scrapper.
How do you know him so intimately?

>Scrapper would never and I repeat never be friends with that pedophile Polyle.

Because you totally know Scrapper on a personal level to tell people with absolutely certainty of what he would and wouldn't do.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

>Scrapper has grown. He no longer likes this ship.
Doubtful.

The hypocrisy of Scrapper is legendary.

I would think so.

> Her concerns about her mothers love only came about because she had just lost her friends and was starting to feel vulnerable, which she had never felt before.

Then pray tell, why did she open up BEFORE her friends betrayed her. She always wanted her mother's love. You know animals would kill/torture you if they could right?

I am just an advocate for the long deceased Scrapper. I just so happen to keep in touch with him and furlong the legacy and take up the mantle of Azula's defense because she needs it.

Scrapper, just take your ban like a man you faggot.

She opened up because everyone else was. If you actually paid attention, she literally ends her confession with "I'm fine, however. Wouldn't change a thing about me."

>You know animals would kill/torture you if they could right?

Nice delusion, bucko. At least we're now making some headway into your worldview.

What, got scratched up by some cats and think they had it in for you?

>I am just an advocate for the long deceased Scrapper

Guy isn't dead, since you're him.

>Azula's defense because she needs it

She doesn't, because she's a crazy bitch who is beyond redemption.

>It's what going to happen

Fucking kek, this isn't delusion, it's full blown insanity.

I am not Scrapper, I just happen to agree with him. Also Scrapper is permanently banned so you will never see him again

>She opened up because everyone else was. If you actually paid attention, she literally ends her confession with "I'm fine, however. Wouldn't change a thing about me."

you know she was bullshitting right?

>What, got scratched up by some cats and think they had it in for you?

Let's fucking drop the animal thing it's getting us nowhere

>She doesn't, because she's a crazy bitch who is beyond redemption.

Iroh and Aang believe in her and so should you.

Meant to reply to

Scrapper, you're not fooling anyone.

Even if we're going with the assumption that you're not Scrapper, that would mean you stole Scrapper's waifu. That would totally be a dick move.

Also, you said you agree with Scrapper on everything, meaning you must be into little girls.

Stop with the fucking edits. Also Scrapper has made it clear that he does not see Azula as a waifu but as a daughter.

>you know she was bullshitting right?

You know she wasn't, right?

>It's getting us nowhere

Whatever you say, psycho Mcanimal killer.

>Iroh and Aang believe in her

Iroh isn't entirely sure she can be redeemed, he just holds some hope since Zuko managed to come around. Aang is an optimist, he probably thinks Ozai will reform in prison and be able to be a free man again.

>Stop with the fucking edits

Prove they're edits, then.

Oh wait, You can't. :)

>Also Scrapper is permanently banned so you will never see him again
What was Scrapper permanently banned for? Your purportedly his best friend, so you should know.

>You know she wasn't, right?

The time you see her breaking down is how she always felt.

>Whatever you say, psycho Mcanimal killer.

Fuck off. I'm a hero I'm the one who is going to fix this world.

>Iroh isn't entirely sure she can be redeemed

Keep in mind both Iroh and Aang did not like her before.

I already said Scrapper has grown past that.

50 bans on Cred Forums.

>50 bans on Cred Forums.
And how did he get those 50 bans?

Multiple bans on other boards. 35 of which where here on Cred Forums.

And what was he banned for during those 50 occasions?

Mostly off topic stuff. There were quite a few times where he got banned for making stories with gore in them.

What happened to the 3rd ban is a permaban rule?

>The time you see her breaking down is how she always felt.

No, it's how she felt after realizing that even with power and authority, people can resist her. Mai and Ty Lee both turned against her despite having had them under her thumb for so long. When she got placed on the throne while daddy when to crown himself king of the world, she worried that anyone in the Fire Nation could turn on her and it turned into full blown insecurity.
>Fuck off. I'm a hero I'm the one who is going to fix this world.

You fuck off with this hero complex. You can't even save yourself from your own faggotry.

>Keep in mind both Iroh and Aang did not like her before.

Iroh had some love for her, given she was family, but it was fleeting at best since he saw how much of a PSYCHO she was.

>I already said Scrapper has grown past that.

Then you admit he WAS into Azula sexually? Despite having said he wasn't ever interested in her beyond a platonic manner?

>50 bans on Cred Forums.

Clearly not enough for you. Though you'd think that'd be a world record to have that many.

She did the best she could and both her kids went to shit without her around.

Now she must have been terrible in bed if she couldn't completely remove the stick up Ozai's ass.

Only applies to major bans.

>No, it's how she felt after realizing that even with power and authority, people can resist her.

You act like she is a robot. She wants friends. She wants love. she just never knew how to get them. That's why she is so hurt when they betray her.

>You fuck off with this hero complex.

I have to rub it in your face because you make me out to be the bad guy.

>Iroh had some love for her, given she was family

And now in the comics he has a change of heart.

>Then you admit he WAS into Azula sexually?

He loved her in a platonic manner but admits she has a good body.

>Clearly not enough for you.

I'm not him.

What credentials do you have that makes you an expert in all the psychoanalysis?

>You act like she is a robot. She wants friends. She wants love. she just never knew how to get them. That's why she is so hurt when they betray her.

No, I act like a reasonable person making a judgment about someone who is clearly beyond redemption.

>I have to rub it in your face because you make me out to be the bad guy.

Rub what in my face? Your delusion? No thanks. Only thing you'll accomplish is tickling my ever growing amusement at how insane you sound.

>And now in the comics he has a change of heart.

More that he's not as intimidated by her since she's lost much of her power and authority. Before, she technically outranked him and could have commanded him had he been more loyal to the Fire Nation.

>He loved her in a platonic manner but admits she has a good body.

Yea, he was totally "platonic" in those porn threads. And when he asked for porn of her. Or the times he did stories involving Azula and Zuko having incestual relations.

>I'm not him.

Yes, yes you are. You're even more obvious than Marialx was when he was on the verge of returning to Cred Forums after his permaban. Either just admit it already or put the damn trip back on, you haven't been fooling anyone.

I studied psychology in college.

>No, I act like a reasonable person making a judgment about someone who is clearly beyond redemption.

Don't write her off so quickly. She will be the greatest hero yet.

>Only thing you'll accomplish is tickling my ever growing amusement at how insane you sound.

Stop calling me insane. Save that for the people in the loony bins and the prison system.

>More that he's not as intimidated by her since she's lost much of her power and authority.

She's not a fucking dog, she has feelings. He just sees that she can change.

>Yea, he was totally "platonic" in those porn threads

Like I said he has grown and will no longer fap to her.

>I studied psychology in college.
So did Scrapper. Is that how you met him?

I met him here.

How did you communicate with him? Was it cxclusively through Cred Forums?

>Don't write her off so quickly. She will be the greatest hero yet.

Based on what? She's not going to be in the next comic, and even if she were, it'll just be her eventually getting recaptured and taken back to be treated for her insanity.

>Stop calling me insane. Save that for the people in the loony bins and the prison system.

You're pretty crazy considering you're this fucking obsessed with a FICTIONAL character who isn't nearly as broken hearted as you claim her to be.

>She's not a fucking dog, she has feelings. He just sees that she can change.

Never called her a dog. Her feelings are all laid bare, she enjoys making her brother and his friend suffer, the most that will probably ever come from her ultimate defeat is just admitting that she's been bested through friendship where she thought power and domination was all that was needed to win.

>Like I said he has grown and will no longer fap to her.

So you say, yet you probably have an extensive folder of her porn still at the ready for those lonely nights.

Then show us a picture of the two of you hanging out together, followed by another new picture of yourself with some note to the board that shows you're the friend in the picture.

I talk to him on media networks

>She's not going to be in the next comic, and even if she were, it'll just be her eventually getting recaptured and taken back to be treated for her insanity.

Did you see her in the last comic? She is cured and has all her wits.

>You're pretty crazy considering you're this fucking obsessed with a FICTIONAL character who isn't nearly as broken hearted as you claim her to be.

Because you think everyone is the same but they are not. some people have trouble with the concept of love and shouldn't be chastised for it.

>the most that will probably ever come from her ultimate defeat is just admitting that she's been bested through friendship where she thought power and domination was all that was needed to win.

As long as she gets her happy ending then that's all that matters to me.

>So you say, yet you probably have an extensive folder of her porn still at the ready for those lonely nights.

Scrapper has moved on to other women.

>Did you see her in the last comic? She is cured and has all her wits.

Sure she is champ, sure she is.

>Because you think everyone is the same but they are not. some people have trouble with the concept of love and shouldn't be chastised for it.

No I do not think everyone is the same. And you can keep saying she wants love but that isn't the case.

>As long as she gets her happy ending then that's all that matters to me.

It's going to be bitter, and we're going to laugh at you for being so incredibly wrong.

>Scrapper has moved on to other women.

So you say. Yet you're still clinging to Azula like a clingy ex-boyfriend.

Who else is there? Because chicks like Larxene are even worse off than Azula in that she's basically dead for being a crazy homicidal bitch.

came here to post this, you did it first. good job.
the fact she chose to forget about everything was completely anticlimatic

>Sure she is champ, sure she is.

No bags in her eyes or anything.

>And you can keep saying she wants love but that isn't the case.

Yet the way she acts towards Ursa state otherwise.

>It's going to be bitter, and we're going to laugh at you for being so incredibly wrong.

You'll see. you all will see how great of person Azula will be by the end of this series.

>Who else is there? Because chicks like Larxene are even worse off than Azula in that she's basically dead for being a crazy homicidal bitch.

He has a complete list of women he admires. Also Larxene did not initiate any fight. It was Sora for playing the hero.

>Zuko and Mai
>Izumi's parents
I'm pretty sure that's not what that image was implying

Larxene directly fought Sora. Just because he takes the first swing doesn't change the fact she was going to fight.

note that all three are powerful firebenders

Azulon was right about Roku's seed being strong

What was his endgame with that though?
Because he married Ursa into a secondary royal line of succession, Iroh and Lu Ten were his heirs.
It seems like a waste unless he planned on marrying Lu Ten and Azula, which I wouldn't put passed him but I can't inagine ever being part of a Nickelodeon franchise.

She gave him the option to walk away.

he could use Ozai's children for further dynastic marriages

also -- to keep spares in case Iroh's line is extinguished, which is exactly what happenned

She was lying and had no intention of letting him get away.

But he could've had kids for other marriages and back-up by marrying Ozai to any random noblewoman. It doesn't make much sense to go to the effort of tracking down Roku's descendant, when you know she'll produce super firebender kids, and just make her produce children who probably won't be that important in the long run. Surely you'd put your best assets in the primary line.

And how do you know that?

Because the whole plan was to subdue Sora and make him their pawn. Did you fucking play the game? Or did you once again ignore the facts because you think every crazy bitch is a victim crying for help?

>they are still making comics

What the hell...

Who the hell is buying this?

>projecting

Scrapper, for one. Guy probably jones harder than a tweaking druggie between each comic release.

he probably actually respected Iroh and Lu-Ten enough to not to force his decisions on them

And Ozai and his spawn were whatever to him to do as he likes

Eh, she tried. You could make all the accusations you want about her not raising Azula right and just ostracizing her, but there was only so much that she could have done, it was also partly Ozai's fault for enabling her egotistic tendencies and giving her a superiority complex.

>partly Ozai's fault
That's putting it lightly

Story would have been so much better if Ozai had actually killed her.

I just got here. Where's the incest at?

There is no incest in Ba Sing Se

I was drinking and posting in this thread on Saturday evening and it's still on the front page on Monday morning holy shit.

You're not canon.
Shut up.

What?

LoK is not canon

Why not?

Because fanwanks deserve to be fanwanks.
That being said, post better fanwanks.

>but I can't inagine ever being part of a Nickelodeon franchise.
The Search had a subplot of Zuko maybe not being Ozai's real son so a Lu Ten/Azula union isn't really that far fetched, but is probably something that we are never going to get an outright confirmation.

Good thing the Fire Nation isn't in Ba Sing Se

Perhaps not but the Fire Nation Palace and Southern Water Tribe are totally different stories.

Who makes this shit? Where can I find more?

The Azula one is real just lewd out of context