ComicBook.com release some teases and early reviews about the premiere episodes of all four CW superhero TV shows

ComicBook.com release some teases and early reviews about the premiere episodes of all four CW superhero TV shows.

THE FLASH

>1. More than ever before, Iris is Barry's lightning rod. It's reminiscent of the relationship Wally West and Linda Park had during the Mark Waid run.

>2. Longtime fans will recognize a familiar face from the past in the first few minutes of the episode.

>3. Joe West gets the most "WTF" line of the episode.

>4. Some comic book fans hoping for large-scale change in the world of Flashpoint are going to be disappointed.

>5. The episode ends on a potentially game-changing cliffhanger.

ARROW

>1. The state of Oliver and Felicity's relationship is stable. Their romance? That's a little more up in the air.

>2. Thea steals the show. Willa Holland is incredibly good here, and gets a few of the best lines in the episode.

>3. Two major characters make very poor life choices that indicate they haven't grown nearly as much as they would like to think in recent years.

>4. The pacing starts out slow, then builds throughout the episode and the last 10-15 minutes don't let up.

>5. As soon as audiences hear what Laurel told Oliver, theories will start to fly about what it really means.

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

>1. Nick Zano is a gem. He steals every scene he's in.

>2. Keep a keen eye out. Nobody mentions it, but it sure looks to us like there's a stealth cameo by some incredibly famous characters not owned by DC Comics.

>3. Sara Lance is far and away the most driven character on the show -- but will her agenda match up with that of the rest of the Legends?

>4. They're embracing the over-the-top, campy nature of the series in a way that makes it feel more like a companion to SUPERGIRL than ARROW. Even though Stephen Amell's performance in the premiere is a highlight.

>5. The CWverse will officially see its world history altered in a way that makes history develop differently than in the real world...and not only will the team not fix it, but they actually set it in motion.

SUPERGIRL

>1. Expect a cameo appearance by a member of the Superman supporting cast that you haven't seen onscreen in quite a while.

>2. You learn something about Lois Lane in the premiere. She's mentioned more than once, and not in the dismissive "that hag Lois Lane" like she has been in some past episodes.

>3. There is a reference to a specific story in Superman's past that longtime fans will recognize immediately.

>4. You will learn why Superman and J'onn J'onzz don't get along.

>5. Lena Luthor is not the only character whose agenda remains shrouded in mystery by the episode's end.

TL;DR on the reviews

THE FLASH

>Episode is good, but moves at breakneck speed and ends with Barry "fixing" the timeline
>Fight choreography on the battle between Flash and Kid Flash against the Rival isn't great, but it's effective
>Joe gets a minor storyline that could've really gone south, but Jesse L. Martin made it work
>All performances are on point

ARROW

>It's good, but has uneven pacing
>Unlike "The Flash", it sets up a lot of storylines that'll develop across the season
>There's a great fight scene
>Last 15 minutes are top notch and make it all worthwhile
>It strips the show back to its barebones rootes a gritty thriller about street crimes and it works
>Diggle and Felicity don't get much play, Thea stands out
>Oliver has been a crappy mayer and did not make Star City great again yet

SUPERGIRL
>Apparently it's one of the "best superhero TV show episodes ever made"
>Cast is great
>It's very light and breezy like The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow
>Tyler Hoechlin's Superman is great and very Christopher Reeves-esque in that he's a seasoned superhero without a shred of self-doubt who convincingly presents himself as the greatest hero of the world
>Clark Kent is also very Christopher Reeves-esque bumbling and played for comedy.
>Picks up right after the season 1 finale and explores stuff like the Kara/Jimmy romance, Kara's new job and the pod that crashed carrying Mon-El.

>1. Expect a cameo appearance by a member of the Superman supporting cast that you haven't seen onscreen in quite a while.

>tfw they're talking about Superman

>3. Joe West gets the most "WTF" line of the episode.

"I fucked your mom, Barry."

>>Tyler Hoechlin's Superman is great and very Christopher Reeves-esque in that he's a seasoned superhero without a shred of self-doubt who convincingly presents himself as the greatest hero of the world

How can Zack even compete?

pretty sure they are talking about Mon-El

Mon-El is a main character, not a cameo. Plus I'm pretty sure he's never been in other media before.

>As soon as audiences hear what Laurel told Oliver, theories will start to fly about what it really means.

So the secret whispered secret was actually just a coded message with another meaning which will be revealed at a later date?

God, fuck this whole fucking dead Black Canary shit, so fucking stupid and such a fucking waste

fuck the Guggie

>ARROW
>It's good
Season 4 also looked kinda good.

my dick
Supergirl > Flash/Arrow/LoT

they should cancel Flash/Arrow/LoT and just make a Legion of Super Heroes show

>Supergirl > Flash

Let's not get carried away here.

>Diggle and Felicity don't get much play, Thea stands out
>Felicity not appearing much in the episode
I don't want to believe...

>Nobody mentions it, but it sure looks to us like there's a stealth cameo by some incredibly famous characters not owned by DC Comics.

what did he mean by this

Maybe someone is reading an Avengers comic or something.

>2. Keep a keen eye out. Nobody mentions it, but it sure looks to us like there's a stealth cameo by some incredibly famous characters not owned by DC Comics.

Maybe Hugo Danner from the Gladiator? Maybe their bringing my boy Iron Munroe into this.

I'm holding out for Captain America and Wolverine cameos in WW2

Some superhero show is supposed to have a break the Internet cameo

Scooby Doo & friends

Arrow
>>It strips the show back to its barebones rootes a gritty thriller about street crimes and it works
>>Diggle and Felicity don't get much play, Thea stands out

SUPERGIRL

I want to believe this shit.

I really, really fucking do. But I have little hope.

It could be Static.

>Captain America and Wolverine

but you can't do that!

Shit, Cap and Wolverine can't even be on screen together

Only nothing is impossible

have they really not had her wink at the camera yet? shocked

. The CWverse will officially see its world history altered in a way that makes history develop differently than in the real world...and not only will the team not fix it, but they actually set it in motion.

>make it your job to fix the timeline
>intentionally fuck it up or plain shrug it off when you do

. The CWverse will officially see its world history altered in a way that makes history develop differently than in the real world...and not only will the team not fix it, but they actually set it in motion.

confirmed for Legends vs time traveling Hitler

>It's reminiscent of the relationship Wally West and Linda Park had during the Mark Waid run.

But with the added bonus of being sort of creepy because they're foster siblings.

They don't considers themselves siblings, so...

>Clark Kent is also very Christopher Reeves-esque bumbling and played for comedy.

Whose dick do I suck in gratitude?

user, they wrote "incredibly famous" not "meaningful but obscure"

>mfw Comet the Superhorse appears

Comet the Superhorse would BTFO of Jimmy as a love interest.

It's Bill and Ted, right? Please tell me it's Bill and Ted.

>2. You learn something about Lois Lane in the premiere. She's mentioned more than once, and not in the dismissive "that hag Lois Lane" like she has been in some past episodes.

Oh, let me guess. She's pregnant, or something else stupid that would keep her offscreen because they didn't cast her yet.

I am guessing Joe will come out as gay.