I kind of like the idea of multiple people sharing the same superhero identity, it should be used more often

I kind of like the idea of multiple people sharing the same superhero identity, it should be used more often

Second this.

Ew, no.

Well, Marvel's got you covered.

It's what I expected JaneThor to be revealed as, instead of just Red Hulking a dissapointing reveal that bolstered character building.

The Secret Wars mini was called Thors, and it could be rebranded The Mighty Thors for ANADA.

Not in the mantle way, in a way where they operate together and take turns going out in the field. Nobody in-universe would think Jay Garrick/Flash is the same guy as Wally West/Flash

It only works for specific characters only. Nova core makes sense, Flashes make sense, Batman (taking place in the future after Bruce has passed) makes sense. Most characters though it doesn't work; like Superman, or Spider-Man, or Thor.

Closest thing I can think of is what criminals think Batman is like, thanks to Selina Kyle.

The Gotham City Sirens series, Harley and Ivy were trying to go legit-ish and tied up Catwoman, and used mind-altering Ivy chemicals to make her tell them who Batman is. Cue a flashback, where Talia showed Catwoman how to resist mind-altering drugs because apparently Talia does that for all the women he fucks.

So Catwoman told them "Bruce Wayne" "Commissioner Gordon" and said Batman is the mantle used by Gotham's secret society dedicated to justice and that Batmans have been killed in the past.

Harley and Ivy believe this. Later on in the series, criminals said the same thing meaning that the Gotham underworld now legitimately believes it.

Police Batman should have been like this instead of trying to force Gordon into the role.

I think the distinction you're making is either the character is A) apart of an established organization of heroes or B) has had an long established sidekick that can graduate to that mantle. I'm not convinced that's necessary but it goes back to what I said here . I'm not talking about sharing a mantle.

That would of been cool. Another thing I'd like to see more of is the police using a superhero identity to administer the justice they can't do in uniform.

Nope, it bowls down to why they do what they do (and established organization of heroes). Captain America was /given/ his name by higher authorities. So if they did a story where there were tons of Captain Americas that the government commissioned then it would make sense. Batman is trying to become a legend, which is immortal. So it makes sense than when he is long gone some Gotham citizens might want to try and keep the legend alive. Then we go to people like Superman and Spider-Man. Superman is just an alien trying to do the right thing, he wasn't appointed or is trying to be something greater. So that just comes across as odd when someone else goes by the name. Spider-Man is Spider-Man because he is guilt driven, he's not trying to scare people or convince people he's greater than he is, so him having multiple Spider-Men is jarring. This is why it comes down to case by case instances.

Hawkeye.

I'm afraid CW might neuter him.

What about Flash. The only 'raison d'etre' they have in common is the same superpowers

Flash is automatically tied to the multiverse, it makes sense for him to see it as something you pass along. Also, when you think of the nature of the speed force, you could argue it's nature appointing the roles.

All that wasn't established until after Wally had taken the mantle from Barry

I think you mean.

>All that wasn't established until Flash of Two Worlds

Flash of Two Worlds established Barry could travel from Earth 1 to Earth 2. The Speed Force and all its importance to the multiverse wasn't established until Wally took the mantle as Flash. Honestly all this just seems like a stretch to justify which legacies you like and which you don't. There are a lot of better reasons to not like Miles Morales current position than some odd point that Spider-man can never pass the mantle. Especially because Spider-girl is a mantle pass and was great.

I think you mean

>HypertimeHypertimeHypertime

No, because he's tied to the multiverse because of Flash of Two Worlds, which I said is what justifies his view of it as a mantle. There are just characters that are compatible for that treatment and some that are not. Also, what I'm saying solely applies to the main universes, alt universes are a completely different situation.

It makes sense. That way you can have the hero on patrol 24 hours a day while the people behind the mask work in shifts.

Only if they are all cute girls who share a full-body, full-mask costume with some kind of voice scrambler.

Which is better, Cred Forums?

>Several people are one hero.
>One person is several heroes.

It helps avoid the tired secret identity stories, and also opens up the possibility for fresh new ideas. Like exploring how each person has different relationship with their rouges gallery or they all solve problems differently.

>Your psycho rapist fuck buddy gives teaching lessons to all your exes

Talia needs more credit as most fucked up female in Batman media.

I thought this was feels guy from pic.

That last sentence would be interesting to explore. Although the type of character to pull it off would have to be pretty limited. Like a Batman type who works in the dark could make it work but quppy spider-man would just make no sense.

It definitely works best for non-powered or low-tier powered identity like a Batman or a Daredevil style superhero. Thought I think having characters with disparate personality types would be half of the fun. Maybe one is more quipy and another is more brooding. These attributes would have to be a little toned down to not make it TOO obvious that these are different people but the key is to explore how two or three different people work when trying to act as a single person

Agree with you lad, it is a neat idea

>not knowing wojak's name

newfag leave

Hadn't thought about it before this thread but yeah, I agree.
It'd make for an interesting story and would come with stories outside the usual.

Yeah, sure why not.

Retcon in this case

who dat?

The Joker, duh