Bendis's dialogue mirrors real-life dialogue

>Bendis's dialogue mirrors real-life dialogue
Is this what Marvelnormies actually believe or am I just autistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lKRO4rxDA3c
youtube.com/watch?v=ZD7PvtbkH0I&feature=youtu.be&t=4m12s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Autistic?

Stop.

Stop?

The thing you get from vaccines?

Do you get it? Autistic, I mean?

Post Bendispeak

>daken
Whatever happen to that one note shithead?

I've never heard anyone say that

Compared to traditional comic book dialogue, yes. Even the British writers like Moore and Gaiman wrote rather formal dialogue. Bendis's dialogue has more of a naturalistic rhythm to it.

It's not realistic, it's based on stylized dialogue writers like David Mamet, but it does sound more like everyday speech than comic dialogue usually did. Now it's a total cliche of course but it was new once.

>Bendis drowns out art.

If the story and art are good and compliment each other you dont need Bendis-bubbles.

This might come as a shock, user, but not everybody talks like a lazy American. Some people do speak with a more formal tone and phraseology.

Jesus fuck!

drowned in a puddle by his father

Good.

And that was enough to put that shitheap down?

Stop!

Did Bendis used to write for Seinfeld?

Why did people keep buying this?

It's good?

I have never spoke like this or met anyone who spoke like this.

Someone post some Daredevil.

That last "you cut off his hands? from Gargan still gets me.

>With what?

Even for Bendisspeak, that's retarded. He's part of the Wolverine family, he's got fucking hand claws, what the fuck do you think he used?

Wolverine? The Avenger?

Both

Every day I wish he will go write for DC, just to watch Cred Forums flip and have to start defending him.

Fuck you talking about? His dialogue would still be shit retard

Of course it would. That's what will make it so funny.

No one believes this. We all hate Bendis.

Even Marvel people complain about Bendis, companyfag. The CW2 threads are filled with Marvel readers lamenting the state of things because of Bendis.

What is it with people wanting Bendis out of Marvel completely? He's not a bad writer, he just cannot write certain characters or situations.His current Spider-Man run is pretty good with even Invincible Iron Man being enjoyable. Kicking him out of Marvel entirely is just extreme and childish.

Who wants Bendis out?

People want Bendis out?

Yes.

>Finch?

What's wrong with Bendis?

Bull.

Out? You mean out of Marvel?

The back half of Uncanny X-Force really isn't very good.

Bendis?

So, it's good then?

People want him out of Marvel.

Yes, Marvel the comic book company.

What's going on in this thread? I don't understand what's going on in this thread. Does this even count as a thread? Like, is this what a thread is? I don't think this is a thread. This definitely isn't a thread.

They want Bendis out?

Yes. Out. Like, no longer at Marvel.

I believe dialogue is a tool to inform the reader. The vocabulary should be larger to aid in adding more depth to the story. If that comes from a narrator or character's thoughts, fine.

Bendis dialogue leaves me feeling like I just sat through a shitty soap-opera.

He's lazy.
That's really the whole story.

He clearly has no passion for storytelling anymore.

It's good!

You mean a thread? Where people post topics online?

Yes. They don't like his dialogue so they want him out.

Yeah. A puddle.

His dialogue?

Dialogue? You mean, stuff he writes

Bendis' dialogue often leaves me feeling like I've had a stroke.

It's not so bad if I space it out, but anything at length makes me consider seeking medical attention.

If they attempted a new Seinfeld series with new writers, it would read exactly like a Bendis comic.

Okay, I just don't get it.

The dialogue that's written here makes sense, if you think about it logically and in context, but just reading makes me feel like I'm being tossed around inside a washing machine. The pacing is fucked up, like a bunch of dogs are barking at one another instead of people actually having a conversation.

The pacing?

Well, not really his dialogue. The dialogue he writes for the characters in the comics. That dialogue.

You can kill Daken with a puddle? Like, water on the ground? That kind of puddle?

>Dan Slott
>Michael Brian Bendis
>top 2 writers in sells for the entire year so far
>Cred Forums hates both

the contrarian meme is strong

Meme? What's a meme? Can you eat it?

No foolin'. A puddle.

The characters in the comics? You mean comic book characters? He writes those?

He writes for comics?

Honestly, this
It's like they are trying to hate on the writers who revitalize and inject diversity to the comic universes
Just watch how they are calling Scott Snyder DC Bendis because of Duke (and desu Duke is pretty great like Miles)

It was different At the Time and that was enough to make it Special.
Powers plot and characters Arne great but you Can skip entire pages (see above)

What the f*ck??
I did not write desu, I wrote desu
that was weird ...

hello new friend

Are you sure Snyder isn't higher or do the lower level filler books help make up the difference for them?

I'm not sure overall. I just meant for Marvel.

No. He got rezzed as a horseman of death.

That's his problem in a nutshell. He draws out conversations that don't need to be drawn out and it overwhelms pages and clutters your mind's ear. The whole thing sounds like he's writing for Joe Friday.

youtube.com/watch?v=lKRO4rxDA3c

Comic panels should be concise. I'm not saying one or two words concise, but less is generally more.

>f*ck

I should point out that the kind of back-and-forth dialogue he writes for is fine, if you're writing for a radio play where you need to fill air, but for comics it's just a mess.

I don't understand.

> revitalize and inject diversity
are you fucking kidding me? Slott and Bendis? You're a moron.
Diversity: everyone at Marvel does diversity now.
Revitalize: bullshit. they aren't revitalizing a goddamn thing.
Sales: shitty. Bendis swore he would make Iron Man a household name, and now, oh look, Stark is retiring (or dead) and his books are canceled. Slott's doing a rerun of one of the most hated story arcs in Spider-Man's history and has publicly whined about pre-orders not being high enough.

Whatever you're smoking, lay off, it's frying your brain

desu Duke?

Ugh idk what is going on ... am i being hacked or something?
I wrote desu

>em in a nutshell. He draws out conversations that don't need to be drawn out and it overwhelms pages and clutters your mind's ear. The whole thing sound
and the comic/event then get cuts in the conclusion making it look like shit.

>He's not a bad writer
Brian, fuck off.

desu Duke or Duke desu?

It's what Bendis believes. He's convinced he's writing in the style of David Mamet, who is a legitimately good writer, and uses a naturalistic form of dialogue where characters talk over one another and interrupt rather than waiting for their cues. It's not groundbreaking stuff - there are plays from the 1600s with similar effects - but Mamet does it well.

What Bendis does is like if you or I started publishing stories about evil lamps on Amazon and comparing ourselves to Stephen King because that's totally all there is to his work, right?

>Spider-man and Ironman aren't top sellers

0/10

Cred Forums auto filters certain words that are overused and replaces them.

being hacked?

Goddamn you couldn't be newer if you tried.

L U R K
U
R
K

M O A R
O
A
R

Iron-Man isn't a top seller (Iron-Man has never been a top seller but don't tell Marvel that) and Spider-Man's sales have been slipping.

Embarrassing

This kind of shitposting is why the word "contrarian" needs to be a bannable offense.

Spider-Man, which one?

>George: So then!
>George smacks the back of his hand into his other hand
>I cut off his hand!
>Jerry stares off into the distance, then turns suddenly
>Jerry: WHOSE hand?
>George looks at Jerry, surprised yet also somehow unfazed by the question
>George: That Deadpool (BLEEP).
>Jerry looks at Elaine and Kramer, looking exasperated and rolls his eyes
>Jerry: Bull.
>George: I-I-I-I-I did!
>Jerry: Oh yeah, tough guy?
>Jerry smacks his lips
>Jerry: With what?
>George shows his claws to everybody
>George: With these!
>Jerry: Well, sure. That would most def-in-ite-ly do it.
>Kramer chuckles slightly, prompting George to ask, "What's so funny?"
>Kramer: I don't believe you, George.
>George: Well, I don't care.
>Everybody returns to eating, a shot of the whole booth
>camera switches back to Kramer after a brief pause
>Kramer: You cut off his hands?
>George looks up, looks aggravated, and throws his fork down into the plate

Egghead over here may have ruined the X-Men.

To be fair, Aaron started it.

Better than anything Seinfeld ever put out.

Why does George have claws though? Kinda broke the inversion.

Urban.

Eh, George is the only one out of them who'd cut off somebody's hand (willingly, that is) Jerry's could definitely do it, but he lacks the drive and willpower to do it, and would just complain about Deadpool instead, Kramer's too nice/noble/eccentric to do anything other than give him a kick in the behind, and Elaine would be too worried about how cutting off somebody's hand would make her look.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZD7PvtbkH0I&feature=youtu.be&t=4m12s

>Urban.
like a characteristic of a city or town?

Even the way the speech bubbles are positioned is an eyesore.

Like, y'know, 'urban' urban.

the ban from which all other bans descend?

that urban?

No, you idiot!

What I gotta spell it out now? I gotta say it outloud? It's urban spelled b-l-a-c-k, urban.

That kind of urban.

(sheesh)

Sheesh?

Yeah, the stuff he writes.

What's wrong with sheesh?

It's too sheesh.

if it wasn't black it won't be in a city?

ohhdear..

This would be really good if there was a full page with panels dedicated to this interaction.

Nice victim complex, faggot

Snyder is higher. Batman usually sells much more than Spider-Man. It will be interesting to see if ASB sells higher than ASM

what the fuck is this

Spot fucking on, user.
Good work.
Good enough that not only did I read it in their voices, I could accurately see this playing out.

It does though

It's just that no one on Cred Forums has any friends

People on Cred Forums think Morrison or King has real dialogue

>It does though
>It's just that no one on Cred Forums has any friends

You claim you have no friends while claiming that Bendis' dialogue mirrors real-life dialogue.

Well now my jimmies are rustled.

i wasn't even sure who was saying what for that entire exchange

No, man. Bendis now isn't the same Bendis from 10-15 years ago. He's turned into some sort of weird troll-like creature that thinks people speak through prompts rather than have single discussions where one listens and the other talks.

>X?
>X?
>Yes, X.
>That X?
>That X.
>The X that happened? Is that the X we're speaking about?
>Yes.
>Oh.

They're not even SPEAKING about the X. They're just... I don't even know what they're doing. Plus, the recycled panels. Good God.

I think he tries to emulate Seinfeld's way of talking but can't quite seem to get it.

>It does though

No, it doesn't. Not everyone talks like on Seinfeld. Some people do, but it's very few.

>What's the deal with Cheetos?
Fucking keke

Dumb shitposting faggot, spend a day here and you'll know that nobody hates Bendis and Bendis speak more than Marvelfags.

>and Spider-Man's sales have been slipping.
Don't know I'd you're deliberately feeding people shit or not, but you need to stop. People are buying ASM like hot bread. Apparently people do want to read a Clone Saga by Slott.

Jesus Christ. I had to follow the bubble connections to know who was saying what before I even started reading.

Jimmies? Like that Gordon fella?

BENDIS?!?!?!

I have never heard anyone or any conversation sound like Bendis speak. Ever.
Unless deliberately done taking the piss out of it.

>with what?
With a fork you dunce.

I don't hear people asking the same question over and over for clarification, but I do hear people talk back and forth.

A HIND D?

See this works because of the pauses, you can't manufacture pauses when all that dialogue takes place in 1 fucking panel.
Just feels like a routine rather than a conversation.

Goddamn, I hate when he does this. Or "Who are these people?" for villains the Avengers fought many times.

Lurk more

Colonel, what's a Russian gunship doing here?

As a matter of fact, it is very realistic, and that's why I hate it. Realism is one of the last things I want out of capeshit. Really life is monotonous and repetitive, just like Bendis' dialogue, and that's not conducive to a fun and engaging story.

Spotted the basement dwelling neet. That is literally all a real work life consists of.

I know what you mean, the timing is off. It's like Bendis watched the sped-up syndicated version of Seinfeld instead of when it was airing.

If I had to draw a Bendis script I would want to murder him.

>like a bunch of dogs are barking at one another instead of people actually having a conversation.
That's basically a Jewish conversation. Not even being Cred Forums here. That's how they talk.

>STEP 1: PERSON "A" MAKES A STATEMENT.
>STEP 2: PERSON "B" REPEATS STATEMENT AS A QUESTION.
>STEP 3: PERSON "A" GIVES BRIEF AFFIRMATION, WHILE OFFERING NO EXPLANATION.
>STEP 4: PERSON "B" REPEATS QUESTION IN A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT WAY, IN A FEEBLE EFFORT TO PUMP PERSON "A" FOR MORE INFORMATION.
>STEP 5: PERSON "A" GIVES ANOTHER CURT AFFIRMATION, WHILE STILL OFFERING UP NO EXPLANATION FOR THE STATEMENT.
>STEP 6: REPEAT STEP 4.
>STEP 7: REPEAT STEP 5.
>STEP 8: PERSON "B" DISMISSES PERSON "A" IN SOME WAY
>STEP 9: PERSON "A" PLAYFULLY INSULTS PERSON "B" OR MAKES A JOKE AT THEIR EXPENSE.
>STEP 10: BOTH CHARACTERS REVEL IN HOW WITTY AND CUTE THEY ARE BEING BY TALKING IN THIS ANNOYING WAY.