Is it just me, or does anyone else hope that Superbro comes back?

Is it just me, or does anyone else hope that Superbro comes back?

Yes I hope he comes back. I miss him.

Once New 52 more fully reverts to post-Crisis, he will merge with Superdad in some way.

He's dead, jim.

Stop posting this thread daily.

That it's impossible. Ted is alive and a lot of things wouldn't make sense.

Stop calling him SuperBro. He's Superman. He's the real deal. And yes, I do.

>Ted is alive

>people can't come back in comics

dumbass

>a lot of things wouldn't make sense

wow you really are new to comics. When did you start reading? Please don't say with the new52

I started reading before dumbass. It will take a massive fucking retcon for that to happen and it still won't be the post Crisis earth.

I hope wolfdog Krypto comes back.

I really hate how instead of just making him a better character they replaced him with Superman from the older universe. Its such stupid comic book bullshit that only DC would pull with a straight face.

>it's a 'new 52 fags prove once again why they're the most cancerous thing on Cred Forums' thread

I prefer Preboot Superman over Superbro, and I don't want one to replace the other. I just mean that like...por que no los dos?

Nah user, the shitter thread that keeps getting posted is the one complaining about Billy, while secretly making it about Nu52 Supes.

>2011
>still owning a flip phone

The artist fucked up.

because only one of them is good?

DCEU fags say hi, then they complained about how MCU films can't say "hi" as dark and brooding as they can.

Yeah, the one that's dead.

I had a flip phone until 2015

I would probably still have it if I hadn't snapped it in two while drunk

How do you guys think he will come back? Is Oz holding him?

If he comes back it'll just be some sort of gimmick.

Preboot Superman is practically the best thing going on at DC now, so, I'd rather just see that through.

>it's a continuityfag irrationally hates a character post

Certainly not the "government's bitch, rude cunt" post crisis, that's for sure. He's really only good in Tomasi's book.
Did you not read Morrison's run?

This

I stopped buying Superman comics because of this.

I don't know if this a bait thread or genuine but I'll hope it's genuine and say I miss him. Not ashamed to say that I only recently started to read comics again. Like 4 years ago. Superman was my favorite as a kid and although he started off a little cocky I grew to really like 52 Superman. Many say his personality jumped all over the place and maybe i missed something not bothering with tie ins but to me he seemed to grow as a character. I'm not saying it was all quality but the core of his character shone through. He was Superman. He sacrificed and suffered to help people. I respected that. I liked how his relationship with Batman evolved from distrust to close friendship.

I'm gonna miss him and it hurts to see people shit all over him especially when trying to build up Superdad. I'm not trying to shit on Superdad, the comics have been great. I just wish it didn't feel so much like they've just thrown out Superman to have someone else just come on and take all that he was.

I would like him come back. I think there's room for multiple Superman. I mean, Marvel has multiple Spider-Men, so why not?

I have no problem that Superdad replaced him (heck, I like the guy and his son). But goddamn does everyone have to automatically accept him? Shit, Superbro's grave is hardly cold and already almost every JL member loves him. The only one who hasn't forgotten about Superbro is BATMAN for Christ's sake and we'll suppose to think he's an asshole for not automatically sucking the new Supes's dick (seriously, fuck you Diana, you whore). Maybe if it was a GRADUAL thing I wouldn't mind.

His story's clearly not over, although I have no idea where they're supposed to be going with him.

That theory doesn't make sense, because the near the end of his run, superbro almost had the same personality as superdad besides his taste of women.

Probably him and Superdad and their Loises are still connected to some level and that'll pave the way for their resurrection

People keep insisting that he DC killed him permanently (in the comic sense). If they really did that the whole BS Johns introduced in Rebirth would have been unnecessary.

Remember how back in the 2011 right after the Flashpoint reboot that any complaints about the new Superman and how the Post-Crisis Superman was simply replaced was met with "NOT MUH SUPERMAN" and pure disdain?

How does it feel to taste the same shit, huh? How does it feel to be on the receiving end? Tell, me, how does it feel?

Here i say to you all: NOT MUH SUPERMAN!!!

I prefer Superdad, but having him being around instead of Superbro just makes everything complicated.

They kept saying that "Rebirth" was going to be a two year build up to something, so I'll just check back then to see if they change the DCU into something I'm interested in reading again.

They knew that Nu52 Superman, or what they had done with the character, was a huge mistake, and wanted to scrub that off immediately.

Superdad is all about NOT MUH SUPERMAN, what are you talking about? That's the biggest complaint about the story arc, it's telling us how much better and more Superman-y Superdad is when there's barely any difference between them as characters. The only new thing that Super'bro' couldn't have done that's actually being brought to the table is Jon.

When the reboot happened any complaints about the reboot or the new Superman was met with 'NOT MY SUPERMAN", and now you guys are tasting just how awful that is, now YOUR Superman is being thrown away in favor of the old one.

New 52 Superman was the same one as Post-Crisis until this stupid story arc that literally tries to save Superman's image by killing him off. I like Superman being with Lois and Lois being not written like garbage, but they could have easily done that without killing off Superman to bring in 'real' Superman. I don't hate Superdad, it's a fine depiction of the character, but it's the shittiest story possible to make it happen. It degrades both iterations to make Superman the icon of regressive nostalgia.

Ted has the out that was Geoff Johns being a cunt and teasing us fans that Ted did indeed say "fuck you" to Rip Hunter trying to destroy his dad finding gay love with Ted and was still running around and active in the modern DCU (as seen in Blackest Night).

Question's going to be trickier to bring back, but I'd be happy with the notion of Montoya dying a horrific death and having her soul irreversibly destroyed as part of an unholy ritual of the occult to bring Vic back to life, since the Veitch mini started the notion of Vic having supernatural powers

At some point you lost your subtlety.

Actually the simplest way to bring Vic back is to just use the fucking Lazurus Pit. Shiva gets bored and decides to resurrect Vic since it's Wednesday and she's got no one to fight.

But they can fit in killing Renee off by having Shiva murder her and everyone she loves as the catalyst as far as Shiva points out to Renee, before slicing her open, from groin to gullet, that she disgraced Vic's legacy and shit on the good name of the Question, before she digs Vic's corpse up and resurrect him

Or just handwave Vic's cancer/death as Dr Manhattan shenanigans and have someone bring him back since he was never supposed to die in the first place.

The thing was, if you remove Lois outting Clark? "Truth" pretty much got Superbro to exactly where he needed to be. Have an arc where Clark and Lois get on good terms again and BAM everything works, and you have a Superman with a history in this current continuity opposed to this stranger everyone's just accepting cause he seems legit.

I don't know if we're supposed to think of Batman as an asshole. I mean the people in the threads call him an asshole but they're the kinda people that make superman fans bad. I think batman being the only one not to warm up to the new guy is pretty on point. He and superman had a really good friendship. Like he knew Clark better than just about anyone, they were always there to help each other out and pick them up when they were down and constantly would go out of their way to risk themselves to save the other. It was genuine bro-love and probably one of the best relationships in the nu52. I'd say he's supposed to not get over clark. Not because he's an asshole but because he was his best friend.

lois lane is shit, hook up superbro with the best girl Lana.

I'm pretty sure he'll be back or at least merged with Superdad. They aren't really treating him like a normal death. If Superdad as is was supposed to be wholly accepted as Superman going forward they would just rip the bandaid off and do it instead of dragging out all this shit with people not trusting him and constantly bringing up Superbro. Oz probably teleported him away or something when he "died"

They were on good terms by the end of Truth already and about to fuck.

I have to think they are only delaying Batman realizing Superdad is the "real" Superman because they are stringing Rebirth out for two years and are going to make the Doom Patrol/Infinite Crisis moment where Bruce realizes that Superdad was always the REAL Superman, a huge moment.

Batman will break the conditioning and realize Superbro was a fake.

It may tie into why Tim Drake was taken off the board, especially if Superbro turns out to be Kon-El, IE the real clone Superboy who Tim was gay for. If Tim remembers Young Justice/the real Kon-El, then Batman will realize Superbro is real and then Doctor Manhattan will have to murder everyone.....

I think it's also telling that Jimmy Olsen immediately faded back into the background during Rebirth. New 52 rekindled Olsen being Clark's best friend in a way that the Post-Crisis Superman actually lacked, and to have Jimmy suddenly kiss ass to this new stranger while his best friend is dead would be too much.

They are not ripping the band aid off right away because they are dragging out Rebirth.

Plus, Superbro has probably been reformatted as the "new" Clark Kent for Oz/Manhattan's long game.

Well see the difference is that the whole world reset. But you didn't see fans off any other characters explode in the level of autistic rage that the aftershock can still be felt to this day.

See this is my problem with all this kinda stuff. What they went through and them growing together isn't any less real. Superman might not have been Superman but he was still the person that was Batman's friend and ally. "Breaking the conditioning" so to speak isn't going to change that.

I think you're not getting what I'm saying because that's exactly my point. There's something related to Rebirth here, some weird catch to everything. You don't keep hammering into the audience that this guy doesn't fit into this universe if you want them to accept that he's supposed to be there. You do that in maybe the first arc and move on. What they're doing with Superdad is just odd. No one needs to see characters all interacting with this "not MUH Superman" (from their perspective) for over half a year.

I think people are mixing up universe (specifically in DC this just means the vibrational pattern, universes have multiple timelines) and timeline. Superdad might be from this universe but he's not from this timeline. Superbro being from this timeline doesn't make him not from this universe. Superbro is undoubtedly the native one to the current reality.

Anyway this whole thing is probably a Time Trapper plot.

Nah bruh they need to hook him up with the true best Batman

Well Superdad did get visited by a weird black dude telling him that there was more at work here or some shit so who knows.

Once the Cred Forums dude starts going "read comics", it's cause they're too mad to formulate a reasonable argument. I generally dismiss them at this point. They're too busy pissing their pants to bother talking to anymore.

I wish this place had an ignore feature, honestly.

He's Superman, but he's also a bro. Everyone's bro. I like it.

>Lois

This is the cancer right here. Ninety percent of the folks who didn't like Superbro were really just mad about shipping.

kill yourself you massive fucking faggot NO ONE LIKED THAT FAKER!

>Superbro... Fake

This is cancer pt. 2. You guys don't just want your old continuity back, you *need* to shit on everything other people liked. Calling Superbro fake is peak "not muh".

Anyone else think that 95% of all these guys are the same dude with a pass? He's incoherent, madder than fuck, and just full of horrible opinions.

(OP)
>Is it just me, or does anyone else hope that Superbro comes back?
Sorta, but...
>Superdad
>Superbro
>Captain Mar - I mean, "Shazam"
>Apollo
That's kind of a lot of Supermen, no? Also, is pic related in the current DCU? Because that would make even more.

The convoluted and lacklustre rebirth Superman books are the reason characterfags are the worst thing in cape comics. They literally bullied DC into bringing back the old superman and turn Superman into hawkman, instead of letting them build Superbro into a calm person and an icon and build his cast.

Ever hear Cred Forums ask for tendies? Don't blame DC. They were beaten down by an autismal horde. I'm frankly amazed they haven't given him back his gay ass underwear yet.

Yeah. Superdad is boring.

I just want Billy back

He'll be back. But to avoid adding another Superman like is saying he will be probably be Conner or Kal-L

>that only DC would pull with a straight face.

Really user? You're going to say this with a straight face when Marvel has the X-Men ?

>Once New 52 more fully reverts to post-Crisis,

That's not going to happen. It won't just snap back but a lot of the relationships will be restored to closer resemble what they were pre Flashpoint but that will be over the course of a few years

By doing it this way DC was able to do things like bring Ted back

Salty Aquafag pls go.

This so much
Maybe it's just because I fucking love early Golden Age and Silver Age Superdickery, but I thought it was great how we really saw a progression with Superbro. Like you, I got back into comics with Flashpoint, and if you look at Superbro in Morrison's Action Comics all the way to his final days in Johns/Gene Luen Yang Superman and Paktion Comics, you can see him evolving from a cocky, punch-before-you-think young guy who - despite his forcefulness - was every bit a hero (akin to Golden Age supes) into a more seasoned protector of the people, looking at Men of Tomorrow and Truth in particular. The dude grew so much over 5 years and I truly am thankful for that. You mentioned his relationship with Batman too, and that's another great point; seeing him go from outright not trusting him (as seen in the first Batman/Superman arc) to having comics built solely around how tight they are (the Futures End B/S tie-ins, that B/S issue where Clark's "most loved" person AKA Bruce gets targeted by Hordr or someone idk), I love how we see them grow into the World's Finest. It's also kinda sad that Bruce is still shaken up by his loss, his uneasiness with Superdad really shows that.
I could go on all day about why I love Superbro, but I'll just finish by saying I want him to come back somehow.

he was nothing

you should finish by slitting your wrists no one liked Flashpoint you 5 year fags are pure fucking cancer

He's way too powerful to be Kon. And then there's the issue of the other Lois.

If Manhattan can rip away time he's more than capable of giving Kon a boost. I stick to the Kal-L theory though

Dude, get therapy.

Oz isn't black

To be fair, DC handled that part with amazing shittiness. I wasn't even that mad about SM/WW as I was about how Lois had to emphasize that Clark's "HER. BEST. FRIEND" at every turn while Clark put a hurtful look on his face. Their interaction was basically reduced to the level of a friendzone meme.

DC are already doing what we're doing. Diana's already realised Superho wasn't someone she really loved (mainly because Ruka is trying to tie her back with Steve ASAP in time for the movie)

Oh, the SM/WW relationship was written to fail. We all know it. I'm hoping that whomever superbro gets with upon his glorious return (not lois ffs), they at least try to write it w/o the 24/7 character assassination.

Friendly reminder you are a virgin who will never breed, which is even more boring.

I know, and they're going to make dudes like the super angry superdad fan in these two threads awfully happy doing so. They're just going to piss off the people who don't like seeing a superman pissed all over.

If you missed it, I'm talking about this guy:

You'd think his name was Steve Trevor. lol

Friendly reminded that I've already bred. Your turn might come too, user. Some day.

Why does everyone call him Superbro now?

no one does, it's only these n52 fags that only like him now that he's dead.

no one liked n52 superman, no one ever cared when he died, last time Superman died it was on the news this time absolutely no one gave a shit, at all.

We need a name for this mad lad.