Superbro Thread

Do you miss him, Cred Forums?

Did you think he was a good incarnation of Superman?

Do you think he's the BEST incarnation of Superman?

What were his best stories?

What's his best look?

Stop calling him SuperBro. He was Superman. Don't take that away from him.

Story Time?

>implying he won't be back next summer
>implying he and Superdad aren't going to do the fusion dance at some point to become Super Superman

>Do you miss him, Cred Forums?
You know it. I liked that I got to witness his transition from brutish public hero to the epic pillar of truth and justice that tackles world ending threats.
>Did you think he was a good incarnation of Superman?
He starts as arrogant and transitions to truly selfless. A true superbro.
>Do you think he's the BEST incarnation of Superman?
I need to read more of Superbro to develop a firm stance.
>What were his best stories?
Action Comics by Morrison and Pak were good. Lobdell was pure cheese. Superman Unchained was interesting but too drawn out. I find the trilogy of Superman Doomed, Savage Dawn, and Super League serves as a fantastic set of series that represented Superbro at his best.
>What's his best look?
I personally love his look in Superman Truth. I found the Fleischer shield a fantastic touch.

>Activate the City!
What did he mean by this?

Probably send every officer after him.

So why did they replace him?

He's Man of Steel done right.

Both New52 Superman and Pre-Flashpoint Superman were Superbro to me and I loved them just the same. Both had some of the best stories I've ever read in comic books and that's all that matters to me.

Also they both had 10/10 outfits

>Mrs. Nyxly
Wait a minute...

New 52 Superman's costume sucked though
He had the construction boots and tshit for like 6 issues

It looked great when Morales or Frank drew it, others not so much. It just needed to get rid of the collar and take the belt from Earth-2 Superman and it would've been fine.

Still can't believe they had a perfect outfit for Rebirth and then went with that blue boots and red belt shit.

>That W.E. on the wall.
Will Eisner was a street tagger in New 52 Metropolis? Who would've guessed?

What the hell is wrong with his torso in that second panel?

Kuder is the best at drawing it
Morales actually did a good job too

I'm tired so if someone can continue issue 2 onwards I appreciated.

You go ahead and rest, user. Thanks for issue 1. I'll keep the thread alive until someone does.

As someone who has never been to Cred Forums I'm genuinely intrigued.

Thanks.

Luthor looks exceptionally Jewish in this image.

Go right ahead and read issue 1.

So...is anyone going to post issue 2?

Love that he didn't take anyone's bullshit.

Superbro was Superman done right, too bad the shitty crossovers fucked him over.

What the fuck happened to Direwolf Krypto?

He became goofy and is now loyal to superdad.

every day

It's just shorthand for convenience. There's superdad and superbro. They're both superman, but they're different people and fighting nicknames never fucking works.

As your friend Piss Pants Pete.

Yes, I do.
Of course he was.
I like the way the original Superman was, and this version gets lots of those and mix with post-crisis.
Pak to me was the best, loved the mythbrawl, loved the one BatSupes by Tom Taylor.
What's his best look?
The one from Truth and that one from Vandal Savage possible future.

I hope he comes back so Batman can have his friend again ;_;

My money is on him being an aged up Conner that was used as a replacement Superman.

Because he's shitty character stuck in shitty relationship nobody wanted?

Super Duper Superman?

>Do you miss him
No, but I don't like DC messing up Superman mythos and Superdad's story looks like a mess that we'll have to suffer for two years.

>Do you think he was a good incarnation of Superman?
I think Morrison's action comics was the best Superman origin, and brought Superman to the modern age much better than Byrne. Morrison actually liked Superman and unlike Byrne, didn't ignore the mythology past writers had created. Too bad the other writers didn't follow.

No

>What were his best stories
Morrison's Action comics is easily the best Superman run since Maggin's. Pak's and John's runs were good too. I liked Pak's Truth as well, until the wrath reveal. Though not in any specific continuity, Adventures of Superman was top class throughout.

>What's his best look
Prefer the pre crisis design to his, but the truth design was great.

This.

Snyder should take note.

That would be awful.

No, The Man of Steel is Man of Steel done right.

go away

>Merge
Why?

Nope.

Issue 4?

Is the fire dying?

>lex bitched about super bro being an alien
>was the first to make a deal with brainiac an even more stereotypical alien

on a side note is brainiac alien hitler? or alien imperial britain?

ok

They think it's a solition to all these loose ends. It's a cop out is what it is.

We already say Super Superman in Superman #6 when Superman absorbed the spirits of the deceased Kryptonians that the Eradicator sucked up and proceeded to beat Eradicator's ass.

If they do the Fusion Dance, we're getting a Super Duper Superman.

Yes, I do.

Yes. He was able to be different yet keep to the core of what and who Superman is and was.

One of at least, definitely.

Morrison's and Pak's. AC #13 specifically.

>What's his best look?
I liked his look in Action Comics way more than his normal attire. Which is the thing I hate the most about him, really.

Brainiac is worse than Hitler. Adolf used violence but he wanted to control a world. Brainiac outright destroys worlds and he's done so repeatedly.

this is true but i wanna know what can we call him

alien imperial britain?, alien japan?, alien muslim???

The whole point of brainiac is that his motives are alien. He isn't written to be comparable to anything human.

Wasn't Brainiac good in this. He wanted to save everyone from collector of worlds.

It's how you keep the Superdad aesthetic while giving him back a connection to all the other heroes and the current universe's history.

What fire?

I can't wait for another dumb Crisis so we can have Pre-New 52 Superman's continuity merged with New 52 Superman's.

>Still can't believe they had a perfect outfit for Rebirth and then went with that blue boots and red belt shit.
Was there some concept art for another suit?

What about Lois? It's better to reveal Superdad as pre crisis earth 2 supes, and have Superdad and Supermilf sent to the place where Superboy prime and earth 2 supes previously were. Bring back Kents and Jon is taken care of by them.

Yes.

Issue 5?

>Bring back Kents and Jon is taken care of by them.

You guys want to just take an eraser to the last five years so you can have the old shit all the way back? This is everything that's wrong with comics. There is no quo but the status quo.

Man, I feel bad for Superbro he got screwed over by an older version of himself.

Where else does Jon live without Superdad and Supermilf? Jon on the farm is a good way of bringing back superboy and the next generation of LOSH.

... You gonna show it?

He's my favourite Superman.

The fire dies again...

>Superbro was Superman done right, too bad the shitty crossovers fucked him over.

good joke bro

The fire rises.

Will the story time be continuing?

Yes.

Thats what Superdad became before the reboot.

I do

Indeed he was. Superdad as nice and comfy as it is, it's overstaying his welcome. A younger and more humble version was a lot more interesting than a know it all superman.

Likely. At the mere least he's a lot more relatable than Superdad.

Morrison's Action Comics and Pak's entire tenure.

I love the armored look but the shirt and jeans outfit is wonderful

>bring back more old shit

Yeah, no thanks.

He is a bro, though.

anyone think luthors comparisons are pretty weak considering there's only one superman

Anyone got the other issue?

>I found the Fleischer shield a fantastic touch.
I love it too.

Meh.

Meh.

Nope.

The early years, no debate.

Early costume with beard.

Not muh faggotry