Will he ever stop writing Spider-Man? I just want some decent spidey stories, but he refuses to step down

Will he ever stop writing Spider-Man? I just want some decent spidey stories, but he refuses to step down

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020
youtube.com/watch?v=Xjld71JLmsU
youtube.com/watch?v=aV5LsVRfoC0
douglasernstblog.com/2015/10/21/dan-slott-peter-parkers-love-for-mj-is-anti-marvel/
bleedingcool.com/2016/03/16/international-iron-man-doesnt-know-much-about-geography-or-history/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I agree a change is needed, but I don't get all the constant hate. I'm quite enjoying this recent volume of ASM and I'm hyped for Clone Conspiracy.

He fucking can't write dialogue. That's probably the most egregious thing about his Spider-Man.

>it's another episode where everyone quietly pretends that one two issue arc from Big Time wasn't storytimed on a weekly basis

I think he admitted once that dialogue is where he has the most difficulty.

I actually kinda dig Slott's corny writing style, but his Peter is just so goddamn unlikable.

His Otto is based, however. Bring back SpOck

You're enjoying poorly written slop like Regent?

If not for Punished Osborn, I would think Clone Conspiracy would be the end since it seems like all the subplots are being wrapped up.

Reminder Bendis wanted to kill Peter so Miles would take over the main book but Slott stopped it.

>I just want some decent spidey stories
Have you tried looking into Joe Kelly's Spider-Man and Deadpool?

Same. I'm expecting a big Vulture story next summer around the time of the Homecoming movie. After all Slott did big Electro and Lizard stories around ASM 1 and 2. Maybe they'll give Adrian his sight back.

Another reason Slott needs to step down.

Spider-Verse.
No matter what he does afterwards, I will never forgive him for that atrocity.
I don't see much hate for Big Time. I hate Slott now but I'll admit I liked Big Time and parts of Spider-Island.

It wasn't until around Superior where he started losing it but Spider-Verse is where I just stopped caring.

It's great, but I just want the main book to be good again.

Joe Kelly on Amazing when?

Wasn't it confirmed that he'd be taking over guardians after Bendis' departure?

If I had my way he'd be the lead writer of Spider Books right now

spider island and renew your vows werent too bad tho

I actually enjoy his run on Spider-man. Also if it wasn't for Slott, Peter would had been raped and lefted 6 ft under by Bendis.

Ends of the Earth would've been GOAT, if it wasn't for that ending.

Spider-Island was pretty fun, and I like most of what he did before that.

The Jackal arc was prime Spidey-Feels.

Why are you guys bullying a man with down syndrome? That's not very nice.

I don't hate Dan Slott, I actually like some of his work. But he has been on Spider-Man for way too fucking long. Let someone else have a shot at it.

>Wanting Miles over Peter.

Bendis, please end yourself.

He has to die someday.

Yeah, I get the impression that Slott's run is going to be coming to an end sometime next year. Probably around the time of next summer's big event with a relaunch for Marvel NOW 2.1.

Arms-Dealer Osborn is the only lingering plot thread from his run that won't have been taken care of by the end of Clone Conspiracy and a lot of his lingering plot threads have been dangling as far back as Big Time so this really does feel like a "wrap it up, folks" home-stretch. Parker Industries vs. Goblin Nation will likely be his final Spider-event sometime in 2017 were I to guess.

What'll need resolved are:
>Arms-Dealer Osborn
>Madame Web coming out of her coma (with the original Madame Web getting revived in Clone Conspiracy, I could see that getting resolved then too)
>Parker Industries getting fucked over such that Peter returns to his status quo

Madame Web might get taken care of in Clone Conspiracy, and I could see Osborn being responsible for the destruction of Parker Industries. Or a hostile takeover.

>I just want some decent spidey stories

then you are following the wrong Spider-Man book

>reading Bendis books

>Miles.

Literally the shittiest of all the spiders.

You can tell he'd get rid of OMD too. I really liked that issue where Peter went to purgatory.

Whoa there, user. Let's not pretend like Spider-gwen isn't 100% worse.

Removing Slott and Bendis is step one, step two is getting rid of Miles for a good while, then hard rebooting him later under a different persona if people really want him

triggered! ah ha!

but your little fuckboy Slott is going to do nothing but continue shitting it up like an anus hovering over a toilet. You know this. The fans know this. Slott just doesn't want to believe, because after he leaves this book his whole LIFE is over

>reading Slott books

He makes a good point,

>Implying his work before ASM wasn't based.

He's a good writer, he's just creatively bankrupt when it comes to Spider-Man, he shouldn't be ashamed of that, it's normal. For some reason he /is/ ashamed of it and continues writing because he wants to be known as the person who has the longest Spidey run.

It's not like they would ever kill him off for good anyway. Who gives a fuck?

Source

The biggest problem with his Spider-Man is that he's just a comedy writer and not really much more than that. He doesn't seem to be able to write decent characterization even if he wanted to and his brand of comedy doesn't work with Spider-Man because he can't balance serious with humorous like, say, Zeb Wells can.

Not if Bendis had his way. Also, I give a fuck because they'd start doubling down on Miles.

Because people dont want to wait until Bendis's heart attack to see Peter. Fuck his Poochie

Can't believe you've got me defending Slott but I'd take him over modern Bendis anyday

Bendis's plotting is so fucking slow it take him a whole trade to cover what Slott can cover in one issue.

Silk, Spidey and Carnage are great
You're right user

Yeah he needs to go, but Bendis needs to go first, or bendis will make it worse.

Triggered?really?
Though I agree his Peter sucks, so did spock, only people who liked spock are assholes themselves.

>>Madame Web coming out of her coma (with the original Madame Web getting revived in Clone Conspiracy, I could see that getting resolved then too)
Already wrapped up at the end of Spider-Verse. She lost her precog powers because of what Spock did to the web.

>I'm quite enjoying this recent volume of ASM and I'm hyped for Clone Conspiracy.

Well thanks for admitting you have shit taste.

I hate when people bring this shit up. As if, they're trying to say that Slott is some kind of Spider-Savior.

Why the fuck WOULDN'T he fight Bendis on that? His main source of income comes from writing Spider-Man books. He wants to get paid, so naturally he's going to tell Bendis to fuck off.

This isn't because he actually cares about Spider-Man or something.

This post is literal cancer.

Someone should storytime some of his earlier ASM books. He did a few of the only good Dark Reign stories (like the original American Son story, where pic related came from).

every time I see this post I ask for the source, but no one ever gives it to me

People need to stop bringing it up bc it was a fucking joke

Where the fuck did you hear that?

Whoever told you that was just making shit up.

I agree.
Not only it's character assassination for Doctor Octopus and makes the supporting cast look like absolute idiots, he's just unbearably obnoxious.

>Also if it wasn't for Slott, Peter would had been raped and lefted 6 ft under by Bendis.

>"He totally didn't do it for the paycheck!"
>"Just read his comics! Slott clearly LOVES Peter!"
>"Its not like he wrote an entire EVENT about endlessly murdering Peter Parker over and over again!"

That picture reminds me that I wouldn't mind Jason Aaron on Spider-Man.
Of course that go awry since modern Aaron doesn't feel like the same guy who wrote Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine.

*could go awry
How embarrassing.

>Miles
>A good Spider-Man book

Top kek, user. I almost thought you were serious for a second. But you'd have to have brain damage to actually believe that.

I want to hatefuck him and cum all over his stupid squinty face.

Im going to kill dan slott to save peter parker

>bc it was a fucking joke

No it actually happened, as per Bleeding Cool.

>I wouldn't mind Jason Aaron on Spider-Man.

You haven't read anything Aaron has been doing lately, have you?

Who do we want to replace him?
I vote Robbie Thompson, though Kelly is also a good second choice.

>Also if it wasn't for Slott, Peter would had been raped and lefted 6 ft under by Bendis.
Why does anyone believe this? Even if Slott hadn't said "fuck no", there's no way editorial/the execs would agree to that shit.
Bendis has more clout than anyone at Marvel, but he doesn't have THAT much clout.

Hence the second part of my post.

Carnage doesn't really count as a spider-book. The symbiotes are practically a franchise family of their own these days.

This. Get rid of Bendis then get rid of Slott.

Southern Bastards is good. Doctor Strange is decent. Thor is rather mediocre last I checked. Seems pretty par for the course really.

You do realize you weren't suppose to agree with Ock in the story, right? The entire point of the arc was that Otto wasn't the superior Spider-Man, Peter was. Hence why he was the only person who could save Anna Maria. Also, everything that Otto did "good" by stepping over the line Peter wouldn't back fired tremendously.

It's not a joke user.

>nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020

Slott you greedy bastard let someone else have a fucking turn.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>this whole article
Fuck, Marvel needs to kill Bendis and Quesadilla ASAP.

He truly is trying to make his time on Spider-Man the ONLY time people remember.

Someone please assassinate the fat fuck.

Also Ike

>Thor is rather mediocre last I checked.

Its not. Its utter shit.

I'll give you that Southern Bastards and Doctor Strange are decent, though.

>Though they also didn’t immediately settle on a big-name hero to turn into the culprit, Bendis kept referring to the doomed hero as Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man.

>“Do you see me worried? I’m not worried,” whispers “Amazing Spider-Man” writer Dan Slott. “This is not my first rodeo. By the end of the afternoon, it won’t be Peter Parker.”

>And sure enough, Parker is saved a grim fate by the afternoon as mass opinion shifts attention to other characters.

>13%
Dude, recharge the battery.

>The entire point of the arc was that Otto wasn't the superior Spider-Man, Peter was.

That doesn't make the writing any better.

The entire story required the supporting cast to constantly be downing stupid pills to even function.

If MJ or the Avengers were written in character, they would have figured out by issue #3 that it wasn't Peter running the show under the mask.

The whole thing was a giant middle finger to long time readers.

Why would he recharge? He's too busy shitposting on social media and inflating his own ego!

Agreed.

Symbiote-Verse when?

Don't think of it as a modern Spidey story with real characters and logical plots. Instead consider everything that Slott has written on the Spider-Man title as one giant exercise in Modern-Silver Age storytelling, which explains why he tries to jam at least 3 ongoing plots into every issue (to guarantee content per page) and a exxaggerated cartooney dialog reminiscent of early STan Lee.

>Pic Related
I wish I could say this was an edit but it's not. This was the point where I had to reevaluate everything I had been reading up until that point and realize I was utterly robbed at every turn. I'm going to see if I can post the edit a member of Cred Forums did to fix this scene.

fucking normies

Found the edit.

>Instead consider everything that Slott has written on the Spider-Man title as one giant exercise in Modern-Silver Age storytelling,

You have never read a silver age book in your life, have you?

Sorry but I prefer my Spidey penned under Yost, Kelley, Webb, Jenkins (on a good day), J.M. DeMatteisroger, J.M. DeMatteis, JMS, Stern, basically anyone but Slott.

*whoosh*

You just wiki'd a list of Spider-Man writers, didn't you?

>Stern
I'm still fucking mad.
His Captain Universe/Juggernaut story was one of the best Spider-Man comics we've had in years and the best BND Spider-Man story with its only rival being Rhino story, yet the title goes to Slott who was nothing but dull..

Be more hyped for Conway and the return of the real Peter in November user

Bendis is not powerful enough to get rid of Peter for anything more than a year or two.

What would be cool is if Peter "moved up" to something bigger than Spider-Man, though I'm not sure what. Even with sliding timescale Peter is in his 30's now, we've seen him grow up for decades.

It would solve the problem of Peter not being allowed to get married and have kids because he has to be stuck in that movie status quo. He can grow up and move on while Miles does all the teen/early-20's shit people want from Spider-Man.

I suppose what he means is that Slott is writing with the loose free-for-all sense of a Silver Age comic, but with the logical connections and plot structure of a Betty Crocker cookbook.

Spider-gwen is at least relatively self contained
Having miles plastered everywhere in nu-616 is annoying as fuck.

>Bendis is not powerful enough to get rid of Peter for anything more than a year or two.

You haven't been paying attention at all, have you? The guy gets just about whatever he wants. Why do you think Miles is still around. Why do you think he's the writer for Civil War II? Why do you think Civil War II is just a giant fluff piece for his books?

>What would be cool is if Peter "moved up" to something bigger than Spider-Man
>It would solve the problem of Peter not being allowed to get married and have kids because he has to be stuck in that movie status quo.

Did you just wake up from a coma or something?

Either that, or you haven't read anything Spider-Man related in the last decade. Hell, you haven't entered into a Spider-Man thread here on Cred Forums in the last decade.

You're pretty far behind.

Not him, But I'm conflicted about it.
Conway is nowhere near as bad as Slott, Mackie or god forgive me for remembering that name Kavanagh, but he's one of my least favourite good Spider-Man writers and RYV was too trash so I doubt it's possible to salvage.
On the other hand, he was a teenager when he wrote his Spider-Man run, so maybe he improved over the years.

Nice shit taste, bro.

You have shit taste if you're seriously telling me RYV was good or Conway's writing wasn't obviously amateurish.

>Conway always sucked
Nice casualness, casual.

>What would be cool is if Peter "moved up" to something bigger than Spider-Man, though I'm not sure what. Even with sliding timescale Peter is in his 30's now, we've seen him grow up for decades.

We got that and it's fucking trash. They need to go back and try again. I think Peter should become the CEO of the Daily Bugle.

this, Slott already started his own event to keep Peter away from Bendis' hands

>but he's one of my least favourite good Spider-Man writers

Why? He's a great writer. Especially when it comes to his latest stuff. His Carnage book is stellar. And I think Carnage is one of the blandest, most one dimensional and flat out boring characters ever. Conway found a way to make reading that character highly enjoyable.

>RYV was too trash

You realize that Conway's book has nothing to do with Slott's shit RYV story, aside from Peter and MJ being married and having a kid, right? Conway said in recent interviews that he's following 616 continuity, but acting like One More Day never happened.

>Conway's writing wasn't obviously amateurish.

All You're doing is just showing that you have no idea who Conway is.

wait what, nigga he's on foot. Miguel you're fucking Future Spider-Man why didn't you twhip him up? You guys have literally the fucking strength, speed, and agility proportionate to that of a spider. You could have just fucking ran to him. He's on foot, it was never implied he had a gateway vehicle or was it ever shown he had one.

The bastard killed Living Brain. Bring back the Brain

He had a getaway train.

>sucked
Stop putting words in my mouth, idiot. I even said that he was good, you no-reading-comprehension motherfucker.

It may seem like a surprise to you but amateurish =/= IT SUCKS OMG
>You're just showing that you have no idea who Conway is.
Okay, tell me how it wasn't and wasn't inferior to writers preceding him. Again, I'm not saying he's bad but he was young and his lack of experience clearly showed in his works.

>You realize that Conway's book has nothing to do with Slott's shit RYV story, aside from Peter and MJ being married and having a kid, right? Conway said in recent interviews that he's following 616 continuity, but acting like One More Day never happened.
Oh. That is actually good news.

>His Carnage book is stellar.
I disagree. It's pretty dull, although I don't blame Conway and agree that it's the best thing someone could do with a shit """"character"""" like Carnage, other than reverting him to AXIS state.

>amateurish

The Living Brain has essentially been a zombie since Otto reprogrammed him into his slave at the start of Superior

This, I'm fucking sick of marriagefags circlejerking about MUH MJ & MUH OMD & MUH RYV & M-MUH SUPERIOR TASTE. Spider-man has always been about change, this was just one more on the list. It's been 8 years, grow the fuck up and move on.

The entire actual marvel is shit, he is not the only fag.

>"Hi, Cred Forums! I'm an uber casual!"

>he is not the only fag
He is certainly one of the worst offenders, though.

Put Miles on All-New Fantastic Four (With Laura, Robbie, and Amadeus) by Greg Pak.

That's an insult to cookbooks.

Or just kill the faggot off and be done with him. There is literally no reason to have two Spider-Men (who both just go by "Spider-Man", no less) running around.

If I were a Marvel's top writer writer I'd make him a villain instead.
Give him some misguided motivation and you won't even need to nerf him. His OP powerset would actually be pretty great for a villain.

Sounds like a good way to give Miles some decent characterization to me and an even better way to troll the shit out of Bendis. Sweet revenge for Scarlet Witch-fags too.

>If I were a Marvel's top writer writer I'd make him a villain instead.

You know, if he did a full 180 and became a villain (ala Patton Parnel in Edge of Spider-Verse), I'd actually really be into the book. It was actually have a reason for the character to exist and he'd actually be something other than "Black Peter Parker".

Inb4:
>b-but Miles isn't j-just "black Peter Parker!" He totally has a 100% unique personality!

>Miles becomes super obsessive over Peter after realizing his died.
>Super protective, Peter starts noticing something is wrong.
>Miles pulls a Slapstick the first time Jonah gets out of line.
>Beats him to a bloody pulp.
>"They never respected you, Pete! They always take you for granted! I bet they wouldn't even care if you died again! I wont let that happen."

This is the perfect way to fix him.

I should've put a trigger warning, huh

>top writer writer
Fuck me, I'm going back to sleep.

You know I just thought of something
This man makes a living ..a pretty good one, writing a book only 30-50k people actually read

>30-50k
Yeah.

I didn't know Danny DeVito wrote Spiderman

>Spider-Man is the only Marvel book that made it on the list.
>Bendis wanted to kill Peter off.
>Everyone applauded the idea.

These guys are literally retarded.

>trigger warning
Go back to Tumblr, faggot.

>Hey, MJ, looks like I dropped my monster condom for my magnum dong.

fuck you, I like his stories.

Then you have supremely shit taste and have zero dignity.

Clogged nose aside I still love this guys videos on Slott

youtube.com/watch?v=Xjld71JLmsU

youtube.com/watch?v=aV5LsVRfoC0

Yeah because Slott is not the best thing happened to Spidey after that shitfest that were OMD, BND and editor meddling in Strackinsky's run. If only he would let someone else wrote the dialouge it would be perfect.

>Slott is not the best thing happened to Spidey after that shitfest that were OMD
At least you're correct about something.
>BND writers
>bad
Almost everyone who's not Guggenheim was better than Slott.
>If only he would let someone else wrote the dialouge it would be perfect.
Holy shit, that awful taste.

>Yeah because Slott is not the best thing happened to Spidey after that shitfest that were OMD

He's not. Joe Kelly and Zeb Wells were during the rotating BND runs. Slott has just churned out endless shit.

For fucks sake, Slott openly hates Peter. He calls him "anti-Marvel", writes him as incompetent manchild, killed Peter and replaced him with one of his arch nemesis (who proceeded to masturbate to both his memories of MJ AND Aunt May) and then Slott wrote an entire event about systematically murdering Peter over and over again in each universe (and tossing in a hint of having said arch nemesis being the one to both inspire Uncle Ben and 'win the event').

If you genuinely think he's the best thing to happen to Spider-Man since OMD, you're a goddamn moron.

I don't know how to feel about him. His stories are mildly ok, nothing great but nothing offensive either, but he is a garbage person irl and everytime I read his comics and like something my mind switches to his countless PC tweets, and childish attitude, which ruins the whole thing for me.

I never said that the BND writers were bad, I said that BND was. Can you tell me where BND were supposed to go? I can't because it didn't have a cohesive narrative and it felt just as a big filler arc.

>implying Slott isn't the biggest Spideyfag out there.
Peter always cames out at the top on those stories you moron. He leterally let Ock said that Peter was the superior spiderman, and in Spiderverse Peter completely BTFO Ock.

>His stories are mildly ok

That's giving him too much credit. They're utter shit aimed at the lowest common denominator and turbo casual.

>Peter always cames out at the top on those stories you moron.

Except when, as said:
>tossing in a hint of having said arch nemesis being the one to both inspire Uncle Ben and 'win the event'

Stop sucking Slott's filthy chode.

Bendis doesn't actually write the dialogue for this book. You guys act like he's personally writing like 8 books at marvel at any given time, when at max, he probably only personally writes 2 or 3

>Bendis doesn't actually write the dialogue for this book

What, is Cred Forums ghost writing for him?

The fuck are you talking about. He absolutely writes all those books. Stop being such a moron.

I don't think turning him into an angry black man who has a boner for massy is a great way to take the character.

It's the mot realistic way to take the character.

Still more depth than than the shitty character he is now. He'd be like a nega Spidey.

It would give him more personality than he currently has.

well those books have to be heavily re-written by his editors to be understandable.
if you ever see his twitter or tumblr posts, the guy has no sense of grammar or how to coherently type

>well those books have to be heavily re-written by his editors to be understandable

They literally have not. Editorial apparently doesn't give a fuck what he says or does. Otherwise he wouldn't completely ignore anything and everything that characters are doing in other books (just look at the most recent Civil War II issue, which has fucktons of examples. One being: Luke Cage saying he doesn't want to be part of the drama and refusing to fight in his own book, but Bendis has him throw down in the big brawl anyway). They wouldn't let major slip ups like how Bendis thinks Cambridge University is in London, according to International Iron Man #1.

>if you ever see his twitter or tumblr posts, the guy has no sense of grammar or how to coherently type

Apparently you've never heard of spell check.

>Peter always cames out at the top on those stories you moron.

douglasernstblog.com/2015/10/21/dan-slott-peter-parkers-love-for-mj-is-anti-marvel/

Slott literally saying he prefers SpOck to Peter and thinks SpOck is more "Marvel" than Peter.

he's predisposed to hate MJ because of her connection to Peter

>Ding ding winner winner chicken dinner!

> Cambridge University is in London

this can't be true. it tooks only a second on Google to find out where the University is. Do you have the page?

I guess it's easier to pretend you didn't catch the sarcasm.

>this can't be true
Read the issue. Its 100% true. I'll see if I can find the page.

Bendis also thinks people were Googling information in 1996.

Well, it's better than responding to your obnoxious shitposting seriously.

Is there no quality control at Marvel anymore?

The sentence structure and word choice actually hurts to read.
How is it possible to suck at dialogue when you're writing a comic?

Bendis doesn't get edited. He's literally their biggest name so gets to do basically whatever he wants, and he HATES being edited.

Just look how he reacts when someone points out glaring issues in continuity (not just continuity of the universe, continuity OF THE ISSUE ITSELF), factual errors, and other disregard for anything he didn't make. He just posts some stupid memes and gifs and disregards it.

>You Googled me by now.
>Googled
>in 1996
>2 years before Google was even founded.

>having an opinion is shitposting
>implying you weren't the one blatantly shitposting
Marriagefags are like one big disgusting tumor on Spiderfags' ass.

>this can't be true

Oh, it is: bleedingcool.com/2016/03/16/international-iron-man-doesnt-know-much-about-geography-or-history/

The only one shitposting here is you. Fuck off with your autistic butthurt already and stop shitting up every thread.

>WAHH WAHH THOSE MEAN MARRIAGEFAGS
Why are anti-marriagefags so cancerous?

>Marriagefags
Buddy, no one even brought up the marriage until you started shitposting about "marriagefags".

>b-but y-your the shitposter
Keep it up.