Marvel's next mega event will be announced before CWII ends

>Marvel's next mega event will be announced before CWII ends

>they have 3 minis that they call events in between CW2 and their next event

What are odds IvX will have tie-ins everywhere?

Whatever happens, be sure that Miles will be important, and that Carol will go full retard

But we already have?

This looks fun.

Get ready for Ironverse

>no miles
>no hydra steve

What did they mean by this?

miles is there

IvX
Clone Conspiracy
Monsters Unleashed
Fuck, you are right

and after that the whole house divided thing ans ressurexion

if it doesn't have tie ins and they don't promise that it'll change everything for forever then it's not really an event, just a mini desu

Another event??? Before even the current crap has been finished yet? Marvel you are hopeless. You will get no money from me, for any other event related stuff. I will stuck with individual titles.

so what do you guys count as "events"?

I see things like night of the monster men or death of c counted as one, when I'd just call the former a crossover and the latter a mini
is what i'd count as an event, so CW2, Forever evil, final crisis, etc

IvX and Clone Conspiracy are line events.

an event for me is something with a miniseries and tie ins from existing books or extra minis exclusive to the event

>Hey Brevoort, DC's doing an event where Batman's fighting giant monsters.

Why fight the monsters? Why not just talk to them and convince them that hurting people isn't a very nice thing to do?

And then they can all be friends.

>Polygon reviews DOOM.jpg

Not with Land on art.

it'd be written way better than what bendis will write.

same

>event
>self contained main mini
>spans entire publisher
>has tie ins of some sort
>EVERYTHING WILL CHANGE FOR FOREVER
>final crisis, cw2, forever evil, secret wars

>crossover
>usually family line wide (batbooks, x books, etc)
>may go across multiple books (NotMM)
>may be contained in a main book with other books having tie ins (DOTF, CoO)
>doesn't effect shit outside the family books

>minis
>no tie ins
>self contained book
>may or may not effect shit later
>monsters unleashed, IvX, DoX? identity crisis

i would say what you are calling a crossover is actually a new kind of thing called a family event, a crossover is just two titles that cross over.

Bets on the next linewide event?

Spencer writing, Cap HYDRA, Cap Falcon, Red Skull, Maria Hill and the Thunderbolts as main characters.

that's why i just said "usually" a family of books

i'm guessing for editorial reasons a lot of books could crossover but don't
like higgins wanted a nightwing/deathstroke crossover but wasn't allowed to and was forced to do CoO and DOTF crossovers instead, and Titans/Deathstroke is gonna be a crossover in a bit

>what's the deal with all these events
>you had a bloated brawl where all the heroes are fighting other heroes and before any of them can take a knee, catcher their breath, they're planning for the next one
>How about this for an event "secret vacation". You can have 6 splash pages of Captain America arguing with the ticket agent that he reserved a window seat two months in advanced and now they're sticking him in the aisle.
>Who's side are you on, kosher or chicken?

What do you mean new thing
The thing you're describing started in the early 90s or possibly even earlier

It has tie-ins in the X-family and Inhuman books.

That sounds fine to me. Line-wide crossovers are shit, smaller ones are "ok", that said I hate that it's anchored by a core series. I wish it was just bookended by one-shots.

really? i dont know of any stuff like h'el on earth or court of owls in the 90s

>there won't be page dedicated to IvX in Spider-books
Shit event.

X M E N
M
E
N

Days of Future Present was '90
X-Tinction Agenda was '90-'91 across UXM, X-Factor, and New Mutants.

Mutant Massacre was in the mid 80s, I believe that was the first X-over.

>Utopia
>shit event
Pick a singular item.
>Second Coming
>shit event
As above.

>Knightfall
>Death/Return of Superman
>X Men in general
>Clone Saga

what

desu there were apparently crossovers like back in the 70s/80s too I think because I tried reading some batman and at one point it said to read 'tec for the next part and after reading that 'tec issue it said to read batman for the next part, and it was like 5 parts long

yeah but thats just a normal crossover between two series, they've done that for a long time

Still, this post proves there were book family crossovers as early as the '80s, let alone the 90's.

And Clone Saga ran through like 5 or 6 books.

>thats just a normal crossover between two series
What the fuck? Are you dense?

what a strange post

You're the strange one

Were Inferno and Acts of Vengeance the only good line-wide happenings for Marvel?

>I've only read Snyder's Batman
Strange indeed.

Because that's Kamen Rider Fourze, and that was fun and had the sweatiest tits that ever sweated. Marvel comic don't do fun. Not sure about the sweaty tits, though, so they might have the edge there.

>MUH FUN™
Oh, grow a pair already.

If by pair you mean "magnificent mammaries swaying sweatily," I totally would if I could.

It's a tokufag. They operate on banalities, you silly build babby

We also have unrelenting brutal justice that gets shit done if you're an edgefag.

>production values of an affluent high-school stage production
>worth watching
It just looks so bad. How do you get past that?

Has there been a single moment at any point in the past five years of Marvel that -hasn't- been tied up in some fucking overarching mega-event that brings everything to a screeching halt?

So they become friends with the monstrous-looking baddies in that series? Because that's making me consider watching it.

You say this and yet you probably don't complain about Doctor Who.

>Second Coming
Every single event with Hope Summers as the centerfold is absolute shit just because she's on the main stage, that and becasue the significance of the event is rendered null the moment she slipped into obscurity.

You mean a show made literally 17 years ago doesn't look as good as a modern production?

All of them except Leo. Because fuck Leo.

Sakamoto is a Japanese national treasure.

>All of them except Leo. Because fuck Leo.
Sweet, I think I'll watch it, then! I love it when monsters are actually not-so-bad.

Yeah, usually there's no huge event from the December to early May, but sometimes there is

Victor Von Doom on going?

I want a book, where in the absence of RICHARDS!, Doom becomes the UN General Secretary. Doom's leadership and wisdom ushers in an age of peace and prosperity. Though all the heroes and some of the villians keep waiting for Doom, to be well, Doom.

I don't watch Dr. Who, and I levy the same complaints against it, and CW shows.

>You mean a show made literally 17 years ago
No, I mean contemporary bugshit looks atrocious too.

>Victor Von Doom on going?
Infamous Iron Man lel

infamous iron man, user

I'm gonna levy a few complaints against you if you don't shut your mouth. *cracks knuckles*

>Marvel's next mega event will be narrated by Jerry Seinfeld

xD

Civil War III LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!

>I mean contemporary bugshit looks atrocious too.

Compared to what?

Fuck off, princess.

>Event featuring heroes fighting cool looking monsters
>They put fucking Land on art
There is no God. Or if there is, he abandoned us for our sins.

I'm in if they bring in American Kaiju.

I'd argue that Marvel could make more money by not doing a shitty HUGE UNIVERSE CHANGING EVENT every year.
>Makes it easier for new readers to jump on, even without new number ones
>Allows more potential for great stories to be told in their own books.
>More great stories, more trades sold

Is that a reference of some sort?

>Secrete Wars 2
>civil war 2
I'm betting on Kree Skrull War 2

Looks like we found today's special friend!

It's a reference to my foot in your ass.

Oh, it's on now. *draws dual katanas from her holster* BRING IT!

Seriously, it's been almost impossible for any one character to grow or have stories of their own now if they're even remotely popular because they're always stuck in some damn EVERYTHING CHANGES FOREVER AGAIN event.

It's especially a problem for newer characters like Kamala, Miles (kind of), and Sam because they have very few stories on their own that aren't in some way tied to some big fucking thing and it hurts their characterization. No one gives a shit about Miles partially because no one knows who Miles is on his own.

Kamala's first run was great because it stayed away from events for the most part. It only dabbled with "Last Days" but that actually did a lot for her character and her supporting cast. The current run is shit. Why isn't Alphona drawing as much issues?

The secret is to become a fan of a character so rediculous that there's no way they'd shove them into the spotlight of an event.

She's in the promo pic marvel did so just you wait

Kamala stayed away from events too but now look at her

Her crossover with RR&G is bad enough. Hopefully she never gets written by Bendis

civil war III bendis v the patriarchy

The fun has been cancelled.

>dat ass

Until they kill her off because she's too ridiculous.
She will if she gets popular enough.

So just keep her at middling popularity. Sweet lukewarmness, enough to keep her alive but not enough for her to be important.

I think this is an Avengers/X-Men thing.

>comedy title starring a literal meme character has a better sense of plot structure, canon and continuity than the summer event
I'm not sure if I should be more impressed with Hastings or more pissed off at Bendis.

>event about heroes fighting giant monsters
>land on art

If this isn't the definition of a monkey paw wish I don't know what is