GO GO POWER RANGERS STORYTIME

GO GO POWER RANGERS STORYTIME

If someone can tell me where to place the annual I would appreciate it

I love those helmet covers.

Guess I'm putting it here

Oops. Wrong window

I remember when those covers were re-selling for $25+. They're some eye candy, but that's about it. Also, thank you OP!

You're welcome user, I kept seeing PR threads, but not storytime

Issue #1

Time for DP, Goldar.

Dem torpedoes.

Issue #2

Bump bump Power Rangers

Thank you

Issue #3

Anyone else surprised with how good this series has actually been? Issue 6 was hype was hell.

This is my first time reading it. It's decent enough, but it feels like a fan fiction. MMPR was way goofier and less action packed than this is.

I like that it's not like the show was. It feels more like a Super Sentai series like Go-Busters than it does Power Rangers, and I'm down for that.

I actually just started watching Sentai this week. I'm about five episodes into Goranger

Issue #4

Haven't watched that one yet, how do you like it so far? I assume it's similar to early Kamen Rider, which I adore.

I was thinking of starting either Dairanger or Shinkenger next.

It's alright, I've never seen KR, but it's definitely a product of it's time.

Yeah, that's how the older ones are. I suggest checking out Kaiketsu Zubat. That's definitely the best/most fun of the classic Toku shows. It holds up really well.

Will do

Gonna do the annual?

Yes, as the last issue in the thread.

Issue #5

none of the annual stories fits into the storyline.

The goldar story takes place before Zordon reaches earth.

It's okay, I mean, I collect worst comics...it ain't bad...just average.

out of all the monsters in Boom, this one feels the most "Zyuranger" ish, as it is also based on western mythology like all the other monsters.

I've watched both Dairanger and Shinkenger.
I think I preferred Shinkenger, but that might be because it was the first official Sentai series I watched (I watched Power Rangers from Mighty Morphin to In Space when I was a kid). But if you're interested in more old school sentai Dairangers a pretty good one too. Zyuranger was also good.
Also highly recommend Gokaiger. It's awesome and it will give you a crash course in all things sentai.

So sorry about that Storytimer. Posted that image without thinking. So sorry.

It's okay, those dubs make up for it

Issue #6

I like the whole temptation of Zack thing.
It's just unfortunate they made it the issue right after the Black Dragon showed up.
It's like "big, potentially-status shaking event and then unrelated side story".
Then again, the revelation that Rita tried to corrupt Zack is also something of a revelation to the comic but it does interrupt the main story.

Issue #7

Yeah, I've seen Zyuranger and Gokaiger before and loved them. Go-Busters is by far my favorite though. The only thing that makes me wary about Dairanger is that I know the plot twist. But at the same time, that series is mostly known for its fighting choreography so maybe it doesn't matter.

Respect and bump for OP.

>respect
>posts a picture during a storytime

>Poor little White Ranger.jpg

And the annual

>Poor Little White Rangers II.jpg

Groovy.
I picked this one up, but I was hoping to save a version for my computer. Always nice to have a digital version readily available for research purposes.

And that's all that is out so far

Does anyone want me to do the first three issues of the Pink Ranger miniseries?

Thanks for the storytime OP.

Bump

>1993
I chuckled

LIEUTENANT STONE
FUCK YEAH

I gotta say, I'm really enjoying this. It's the right mix between MMPR aesthetics, atmosphere and earnestness and the takes-itself-seriously of the gritty re-imaginings like Power/Rangers.

It's not gonna win any awards, but I like it - it captures the spirit of Power Rangers while not being too cheesy for me to enjoy.

Sure, OP

Pink #1-3

Interesting to see they had time to look in the inside of the megazord. Just wondering now how they got in there.

>Dark Specter
hahaha nice

Let's be fair, Sentai series run the gamut between darker and goofy.

I don't mind this comic series trying to A.) aim for an older audience that treats the original MMPR with more nostalgia, and B.) trying to do its own thing rather than relying on what PR or even other Sentai series have done before it.

As long as the story is good, I'm okay with the direction it's going.

I started Sentai earlier this year.

So far I've watched Gokaiger and GoBusters and I'm working my way through ToQger and Abaranger.

Why is Dragonzord the hypest shit ever? Cause Dragonzord is the hypest shit ever.

Jeez

Thanks for the storytime, OP.

This is good! It's not a high-concept postironic deconstruction or anything and it doesn't need to be. It's a fun, action packed, ever so slightly gritty comic with competent writing and nice looking art. Also, super comfy for me, because Power Rangers was my thing as a kid.

>to the morphin grid
wow i really thought the ranger's were just using an apostrophe and taking the "g" of the end

Depends on who's writing it. I've seen it written as Morphin', Morphin, and Morphing.

That is very creepy

but hot

That's a mind trip.

>Rita raeps Tommy

>purple and orange

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH i'VE ALWAYS WANTED THIS.

I love that the palace still says "bandora's palace"

Also she has the same throne as Zedd while she never had one in the series, maybe is standard issue for villians?

Choo-Choo Train Rangers was weak AF.

Goldar was right, some armor really would've made this monster seem more MPR-ish.

Especially with a sculpted face helmet like the crazy Caesar in Gladiator.

They were better than Ninja Sentai 3: Bad Acting edition

Zack's an asshole. I mean, he's got some decent points, he's just a massive dick about making them.

Hopefully he mellows out some.

I love it. You can practically hear the mocking disdain in his voice when he says it.

I'm really hoping Zed shows up soon.

His design was badass and there's TON of cool ways his backstory could go. Esp. if they really tie it into Zordon's.

Zed and future show elements like the Tunder Zords bring up an interesting question.
So far, even with the Black Dragon arc, I could see a way the story could fit into the show's continuity, assuming everything goes back to status quo once he's defeated. So will the comic continue to act as a companion piece to the show or will it have it's own continuity?

I'm gonna have to check, but I swear I've seen his 'Z' somewhere in this series...

But yeah, the writers are probably sticking with Dinos and the 1st season aesthetic for the foreseeable future. Hell, they strayed from the original canon just by having a monster fight outside Angel Grove.

How did they make another decent dino one, but fuck up the ninjas

Try to recapture its success by having another loud, energetic red who takes most of the focus but forgetting to cast someone who was right for the part

I dunno, i'm digging dick Zack

I have 0 problemas with this, S1 Aesthetic was the best, the only salvageable things about later seasons are the white ranger, Zedd and Serpentera