youtube.com/watch?v=T2x3FYCBGmA
youtube.com/watch?v=X6PIpD2BVXI
youtube.com/watch?v=dAE4IrfIcUc
youtube.com/watch?v=7Wt6XlVob_E
youtube.com/watch?v=7S3-UH2rUIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Issue #2

Issue #3

And that's all that is out. Thanks for reading.

Thanks for reminding me how hard Kim makes my dick, OP

bump

well since this thread's original purpose has been served, should I use it's remaining image slots to dump more of the Super Sentai Monster History I've been posting over in ?

>eat your heart out mad max
Dunno why that made me chuckle

Oh heck yeah bring on the monster goodness

>that unnecessary hood,
Sad part is, i don't even hate it.

good to hear, I'll start in just a little bit

continuing from where I left off last time, presenting Kousoku Sentai Turboranger, the villains this time are The Hundred Boma Tribes, the mooks are the Wulars, and the MOTW are the Boma Beasts

here's the opening;

youtube.com/watch?v=SKiZVS4G1a4

youtube.com/watch?v=sFerEyGDOfY

youtube.com/watch?v=B_RPUPo6Mtc

see the thread I linked in for the monsters for Battle Fever J through Liveman

worth noting for Turboranger that it's opening is sung by Kenta Satou, the actor who played Red Turbo, he even wears his old civilian outfit when he sings it at concerts

anyone else in here?

this wraps up Turboranger, up next is Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman

I wonder if these comics are ever going to make anything of those "how good it feels" comments. Is the power-up addicting?

now for Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman, the villains this time are the Galactic Empire Zone, the mooks are the Batsuler, and the MOTW are the Galactic Warriors

here's the opening;

youtube.com/watch?v=LkKsMFRdhdA

youtube.com/watch?v=ip5krvNBcFM

youtube.com/watch?v=evKYxYivph0

things start getting a little weird here

like really weird

I don't know anything about PR but this sentai book is freakin' cool.

yeah it is, have you looked at the earlier chapters I posted in the other thread?

also only one Sentai after this one before we hit the one that Mighty Morphing Power Rangers season 1 is based on

No man, but now you mention it I definitely will.
I actually just finished up some mecha anime, I suppose now's as good a time as any to get into toku. How's the first KR as a starting point?

forgot to say that's the end for Fiveman, up next is Choujin Sentai Jetman

now for Choujin Sentai Jetman, the last Sentai before Saban succeeded in making Power Rangers, and one of the better known ones in the US, the villains are the Shadow Dimension War Party Vyram, the mooks are the Grinam Soldiers, and the MOTW are the Dimensional Beasts

here's the opening;

youtube.com/watch?v=uvwKKYUCwQk

youtube.com/watch?v=25Q-PeB-zFM

youtube.com/watch?v=QuYrvnHZU68

the original Kamen Rider is good(if at first a bit different from the rest of the franchise), although it's not fully subbed yet, any of the following would be good first series;

Kamen Rider Kabuto
Kamen Rider W
Kamen Rider Gaim
Kamen Rider Drive
Kamen Rider Amazons

as for Sentai, well Zyuranger, Dairanger, Kakuranger, and very soon Ohranger all have official American releases so they're decent choices, as are most series from GoGoV onward if you can find decent subs for them(except Nininger which is hot garbage)

as for Ultraman, several have been released by Shout Factory(and are available for streaming on their site), and quite a few are available on Crunchyroll

These guys feel like something aquaman should tangle with

Jetman's theme is sung by the guy who did Dragon Ball Z's first theme song(this is like the third or fourth time he's done a Sentai theme), also this is one of the most serious Sentai series

Japan loves monsters and villains based on sea life

Hum, thanks for the recs. Now I'm all sad about KR. It's like Tetsujin-28, though maybe that'll have an english release someday.

although the monster designs don't always reflect the series' seriousness

well the original is still in the process of being subbed, so it'll eventually be finished, also if you're willing to pony up a lot of money, Kamen Rider V3 got a very limited English release through a Hawaiian company(as that show along with Kikaider and Inazuman got shown over there in the 70's so it's got a cult following)

To think we could have hit Bioman or this as the first power ranger show

people have been trying to bring over Super Sentai since Sun Vulcan, not just Saban, but Marvel and probably a couple other companies as well(I've actually tinkered with an Alternate History timeline where Saban and Marvel work together to create Power Rangers several years early, with Maskman as the source series)

Fish Face On Legs!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=zR16WVWUgnY

Jetman's my very favorite sentai. Seeing all the monster designs from it gives me such massive nostagia.

glad to be of service

this ends Jetman, up next is Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, or as it's better known, Mighty Morphing Power Rangers Season 1

That sounds really cool I would love to read that.
You know seeing all these guys from the other series I would kind of like to see the he comic maybe do a what if mini of the shows that didn't get adapted as power rangers

Zyuranger has some of my favorite monsters. I actually watched Zyuranger before checking out MMPR.

time for Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, the season that became Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, the villains are the Bandora Gang, composed of;

Witch Bandora(aka Rita Repulsa)
Grifforzer(aka Goldar)
Pleprechaun(aka Finster)
Totpat and Bukbak(aka Squatt & Baboo)
Lamie(aka Scorpina)
Dai Satan(aka Lokar the Terrible)and yes he's supposed to be the actual Satan

the mooks are the Golems(later upgraded to the Dokita Golems), and the MOTW are the Dora Monsters

here's the openings for both it and MMPR S1;

youtube.com/watch?v=T2x3FYCBGmA

youtube.com/watch?v=X6PIpD2BVXI

youtube.com/watch?v=dAE4IrfIcUc

youtube.com/watch?v=7Wt6XlVob_E

yeah I might talk about some of my ideas later

yeah the monster designs in Zyuranger are most excellent, I'd say they're one of the big reasons Power Rangers became such a hit

Bandora and Rita, even if they look the same, are basically two different people.

Whoa squat actual looks intimidating

yeah it's amazing that despite being a pettier and in many respects more comical character, Witch Bandora is one of the most frightening main villains that Sentai has ever had, probably helps that while a lot of her plans are silly and convoluted, they're also often brutal and effective, not to mention they're always treated dead seriously in the show

yeah the art for Sentai monsters often has that result

one detail that's pretty neat is that a lot of these images show up in the series itself, either in Pleprechaun's book of monster designs, or in the various tomes that the Zyurangers research in to find the weakness of each Dora Monster

cause if I woke up looking like that, I'd run to the nearest living thing and kill it

youtube.com/watch?v=7S3-UH2rUIQ

Oh yeah that is true

That snake freaked me out as a kid

now we meet one of my favorite monsters in Zyuranger; Dora Frankie/Zombie Frankie, a monster that managed to last for multiple episodes, as he managed to prove to be one of the deadliest monsters Bandora had created, easily being able to take on both Daizyujin(aka the Dino Megazord) and Dragon Ceaser(Dragon Zord), part of which came from his initial form being primarily a guy in clothes and not the traditional monster costume so he had a lot more dexterity than the norm, eventually after Bandora summons Dai Satan, Zombie Frankie gets imbued with demonic energy and becomes...

Satan Frankie, who was strong enough to necessitate the Zyurangers to find King Brachion(Titanus) so they could form Ultimate Daizyujin(Ultra Zord)

Madame woe was always one of my favorites as a kid

and this wraps up Zyuranger, I'm going to call it a night, but assuming the thread is still up when I get back, I'll continue with Gosei Sentai Dairanger

Good night

I still fucking love that turtle with the cannon and the traffic lights

it's origin in Zyuranger is hilarious too, the result of Toptat and Bukbak messing around with the monster making machine, through them taking a rejected Dora Monster design and then mixing in a bunch of random junk into him(which included besides the stoplight and cannon, a baseball bat and glove)

Bump

>ocean man, take me by the hand.

Is there a download for this artbook?

No living one currently to my knowledge, will make one later when I finish dumping these though