Tfw we'll never see a standalone episode of South Park ever again

>tfw we'll never see a standalone episode of South Park ever again.

Are we doomed to have every episode follow a single strict series long narrative? What about the small stuff like Pokemon Go and other general BS? Anyone else miss that? When we could get stuff like "guitar queero" and "Make love not warcraft"?

shut up faggot

I like the change. South Park was feeling a bit stagnant and the season long narrative gave it a needed boost last year and seems to be going fine this year.

Though, Stick of Truth is still the best South Park media of the last several years. Hopefully The Fractured But Whole is even better.

I miss it also, i really hope this is the last season they do it like the last epsiode this season goes into the new southpark game then next season they go back to random standalone episodes

you had 18 seasons of standalone episodes. What's wrong with some change?

I do forget they're doing that. May be why they stuck with these season long stuff; it's easier to do.

they make fun of small stuff and tie it up

expect a pokemon go ep

this
calm the fuck down OP, it was only one season with a narrative yet

>Show runs for a long time and starts to wear out it's welcome
>Cred Forums complains
>Show changes status quo and format
>Cred Forums complains

Jesus, I hope not. Pokemon Go's not as hot as it was over the summer.

It's bad enough Simpsons is doing one later this year.

I don't mind. When you've run for over 200 episodes, it becomes hard not to rehash old episodes. Switching to a story arc format gives them loads of fresh new plot possibilities.

Trey and Matt said they aren't doing Pokemon Go because they already did that episode almost 20 years ago, faggots.

>Judging a show based on continuity insteady of quality.
I knew OP was supposed to be a faggot, but you put in the extra effort on your faggotry.

fpbp

Chinpokomon is such a god tier episode, Season 3 is underrated.

>"Make love not warcraft"
That episode will never be topped.

This. The Meteor Shower trilogy was great.

With some exceptions everything beyond season 12 was just shit, so I don't know what you're expecting if they were to "go back" to standalone format.

member when south park had stand lone episodes?

They did that for 18 years. Go watch those seasons again if you hate them changing their format.

jewbille is kinda boring :/

cat orgy is a classic though

'Member when South Park was good?

cartman is all excited chinpokomon is back and Tells everyone about it. The rest of the kids are Luke warm to the idea of the old fad coming back but cartman convinces them to play. cartman slowly realizes he doesn't like having to walk far and can only catch a bunch of "shoe" sitting at his house, where as Stan and Kyle and everyone bike around and walk their dogs and stuff enjoying the game catching a lot. cartman forces his mom to drive him around in a car to beat all his friends and they are all pissed at him for it.

meanwhile randy gets curious what the kids are doing and downloads it himself and also ends up using his car and any adults playing are generally "better" at the game than kids because of this.

episode ends with a car accident between randy and cartman/ cartmans mom as they race their cars to get to a rare chin pokomon, kenny runs out in the road to get it first and they crash into him killing him.

also add in that its all just a scam by the japanese to make americans lose weight cause they are sick of looking at our fatasses but shut down the game after learning about all the car accidents killing people.

honestly writes itself.

>honestly writes itself.
As a not as funny retread of the first Chinpokomon episode, yes. It doesn't need to happen.

sounds kinda gay

Sounds about as funny as a zombie simpsons episode.

Stan would be the excited one, mot Cartman. Trying to fight his depression with mass nostalgia.

>pokemon go

Fuck off they don't need to do it because 1) chinpokomon was good enough and 2) pokemon go is already old

Are you surprised?

I like the change.
They still dedicate each episode to one topic, the only difference is it's linked to one bigger overarching storyline.
It's fresh and original and makes South Park stand out among its other adult cartoons.

Nobady still watching Southpark watches an episode in a vacuum. No one is watching an episode of that long ass show for the first time, in this week, in the middle of their 70th season.

There'd be absolutely nothing wrong with long running plot threads in new shows either, mind you, but bitching about lore and plots in season 37 is dumber than fuck.

SP was never good
But I agree this new storytelling method is way worse

>SP was never good
Nice way of invalidating your opinion by showing how retarded you are.

I watched the entire series non stop last year

It wasnt good

>It wasnt good
I didn't enjoy it
FTFY

It's why I stopped watching it all together. So now, a punch-able face will be introduced, or a joke will be told, and I have to wait allllll the way until the end of the season to see it punched. Nope.

But random episodes are shit, its so boring and overused.
Do you really want this to go back to being edgy Simpsons instead of an actual good show with plot and story?

>he wants current Simpsons like south park

Fuck off

>mmmuh apps and pooopp cccculture!

>"Make love not warcraft"

You realize that episode was what hastened the slow death of World of Warcraft, yes? It was already showing signs of MMO cancer, but the inoperable tumor that episode created was the first sign of the end of WoW.

It was going to happen anyway.
Shame too many companies tried to make theirs like WoW before that point.

WoW should have never existed

Yeah, I wanted to laugh at it but it just wasn't funny. I was halfway through marathoning the season when I turned it off and watched the Imaginationland trilogy instead.

>watched the Imaginationland trilogy instead.
Are you implying Imagination land was good?

Like over a hundred of them and you still bitch cry more

I watched the meteor shower episodes a couple years ago when I had a real bad case of strep. Made my day