youtube.com/watch?v=tZpTrMR5bjA
youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA
youtube.com/watch?v=pIIkYwT5NZY
youtube.com/watch?v=xrIYT-MrVaI
youtube.com/watch?v=cfZdD6ktWOw
youtube.com/watch?v=-y3h9p_c5-M
youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A
youtube.com/watch?v=xv15wnj-p2M
ebay.com/itm/2000-AD-Complete-Digital-Comic-Collection-Progs-0000-to-2000-4-Free-Gifts-/191979951427?hash=item2cb2e59543:g:dboAAOSw41xXOxrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not sure where or when this pic comes from (bar pre-2000) but Judge user posted it in a Dredd thread a while ago.

And now... some Anderson cheesecake to celebrate tonight's issue.

Isn't Anderson, like, 50-odd years old now, or something?
Seems like as good a time as any to start buying it again....85'-'93, damn they were good years. I have boxes and boxes of old Toothys in my attic. It's a motherfucker, really...

Bumping with bondage.

And how old is Dredd now? In his 60's?

I think he's in his late sixties, at least.

it's from 1992

Dredd was "born" (decanted) at the physical age of 5 in 2066 and it's what, 2135? He's 69 or 74, depending on how you look at it. He also just got a full rejuve (except for his bones).

Anderson's first appearance was I forget but sometime in the early 80s, and she was probably in her 20s then (Judges don't usually graduate to the streets until they're 18, and she already seemed to be relatively experienced as a Judge). So she would be pretty close to Dredd's own age, but at least 50 (and rapidly approaching 60).

I just started reading some 2000 AD stuff last week
I'm not sure I like it yet
I've read most of Dredd collection 1 and I feel like most of it was a waste of time
Also I keep thinking about how badass a 2000 AD anthology cartoon would be and it depresses me that there isn't one

Cheers man. I stopped reading in about 2004/5-ish, around the time of the Return of Orlok arc or whatever it was called. Had the Kev Walker art.
I THINK Anderson's first appearance (or first appearance in a major arc) was the Judge Death story with the gorgeous Bolland art where they end up encasing her in a plas-bubble 'cause she's possessed by Judge Death. Yup just checked I was right, the story is just called Judge Death, from 1980.

Dredd doesn't get properly good until collection 2, then the epic childhood defining stories take place. Early Dredd is mostly black humor.

IT'S ALMOST HERE

According to the IDW Psi Division mini, which is probably canon, Mrs. Anderson's little girl was born in 2080. So yeah, mid fifties.

I CAN TASTE IT

She said fifties herself back in that recent baby-farming/psi-suicide story.

Talk about growing with your heroes! Also,
>Alan Grant and David Roach back on Anderson

Never read any 2000AD material before.
Picked up Prog 1999 today but not opened it up yet.

Any other recs for someone brand new to this world who really wants to like it.

For general classic stuff, I'd say Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, The Ballad of Halo Jones, Nemesis the Warlock, Slaine, and of course Dredd. If you'd like some seriously wild art, try anything by Bellardinelli: Dan Dare and Ace Trucking Co. in particular.

For more modern fare, stuff like Nikolai Dante, Zombo, Shakara, Kingdom, The Order and a few spinoffs in the Judge Dredd Megazine are grand.

That fucking look on Slaine's face is golden

>Pat Mills and Kev O'Neill back for one last go at Nemesis

NO FUCKING WAY

DOUBT YOU THE WORDS OF TORQUEMADA?

>New Rogue Trooper story by Gordon Rennie and Richard Elson
>tfw no Gerry Finlay-Day this time

>New Sinister Dexter, the strip that just will not die
>But it's drawn by Mark Sexton and they seem to be moving back towards single episode stories so awesome

Whaddya think I am, crazy?!

God that's fucking good news. What's next, Milligan and Hewlett back for a one-off Hewligan's Haircut?! Alan Moore and Ian Gibson doing a Halo Jones story? Holy fuck.

>All-new sci-fi identity theft story by Peter Milligan and Rufus Dayglo: Counterfeit Girl
>So it's not just Oldies: The Comic

>And a bunch of interlude pages by Bolland, McMahon, Robin Smith, Dave Gibbons and etc.
>Oh, and Bolland has expressed interest in doing a new full Dredd on the latest thrillcast

Oh yeah, right, and this guy called John Wagner is gonna write a story about a dude called Judge Dredd. Apparently it's drawn by some spaniard, Carlos Ezquerra or something?
Jokes aside, try to dodge any previews for this one if you can. I saw Page One and it already spoilered the shit out of the whole strip.

What's the hold-up?

I thought that was the Loc-Nar. Got my magazines mixed up.

Bumping with that time Hershey revealed her Stand,「One Way Or Another」

Oh no you don't. Get back up there. I have plans for this thread...

Alright boys and girls, climb on your boards and strap on your leg ropes because skysurf is now officially up! This is Judge Dredd in OZ!

You can find the first two Chopper stories back here: Couple of trivia notes while we're here: this story was originally going to be drawn by Cam Kennedy (who had already done Midnight Surfer) and Brendan MacCarthy alone, the former doing all the skysurf sequences and the latter all the Dredd and Oz bits. However, Kennedy had to drop out in favor of drawing Spectre and Outcasts for DC, and then editor Richard Burton ended up drafting nearly a dozen different artists to pencil and ink the story in record time.

So for instance, this first chapter is by Cliff Robinson, whose art has graced this thread already:

And this next bit is by Jim Baikie.

Thank you Judge user, I am the user who requested it

Glad you made it! Now take a deep breath and join the cry heard around the world:

CHOPPER FOR OZ!
youtube.com/watch?v=p13yZAjhU0M

This and the next part are by three artists: Paul Behrer, Dave Elliot and Will Simpson.

>Its a run about Australia.
>The main character is a convict.
Fucking poetry.

And now... Mister Brendan MacCarthy.

MacCarthy, of course, is now well-known for his storyboard work on Mad Max: Fury Road, but he's been kicking all kinds of ass in comics since well into the 80s.

youtube.com/watch?v=utHgwMZ0q38

This ep by Will Simpson and Behrer, with Elliot on inks.

And now... shit gets real.
youtube.com/watch?v=IbovwHryovE

Jovis Grud How Horrifying

What the fuck is happening.
First surfers and now some kind of judge cult?

>Hershey is blocked out

I'm beginning to think it has become company policy to shit on Hershey.

I promise it'll all make sense in the end.

I'm just glad to see her smiling. Even if it's the only thing we see of her!

Well... huh. Ain't that something!

>You are now aware this is where Dredd learned the fake boots bathroom trick.

Head canon collected.

>200AD #2000 soon

But for now, let's go back to Chopper, who is enjoying the company of some dolphins and Cred Forums's favorite artist ever, Steve Dillon!

>That ed's note
Thank you Tharg.

>my smiling face
If it's anything like it would probably make Chopper yearn for the Cursed Earth.

And then there's this... this... what's a good australian word for "asshole"?

Storm ? what are you doing in Australia ?

Look at that Face in the third panel, Is this were he started to doing frank faces ?

youtube.com/watch?v=tZpTrMR5bjA

Press F to pay your respects, Cred Forums.

And now, Oz Judges!

Oh Joe...

>Bruce
[shitpost lawfully]

>Bruce

youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

Hey Bruce

But what's this?

Well, he looks friendly!

God I wish someone would cut out the Steve Dillon part and photoshop the Frankface on the robot

Well... stomm.

>And now... Mister Brendan MacCarthy.
The art looks a lot more...coherent I suppose...than what I usually see of him. I like it.

HE DID IT!
THE SON OF A BITCH DID IT!

youtube.com/watch?v=pIIkYwT5NZY

While Dillon has gone to shit nowadays, I still like him because his art hits me with the nostalgia for the first time I read Preacher, Ennis' arc on Hellblazer and Ennis' first couple of years of the Punisher.

Is truly a touching moment

oh COME ON

Look at that expression. That's some subtle arting right there.

:O

EAT IT, DREDD!

But what ever happened to...

When you've impressed Dredd, you know you've done something amazing.

Dredd crossed the Cursed Earth in a battletank, but Chopper crossed it AND the Pacific on a surfboard.

Ah-ha! The tables have turned!

ORAORAORA

I'm not a massive Dredd fan, but I've followed some of the Storytimes here on /co. Do the judges take in exceptional people like Chopper, who've done extraordinary things? I know Anderson was a bit iffy in the beginning because she was a "mutant" psyker, but look at how well she's turned out.

Ok, time for some answers.

Not generally. Cadets are usually taken in aged five and exceptions are exceedingly few. Chopper is far, far too old to be inducted as a cadet. Now, the judges do have civilian helpers, like peepers and informants, but even if he didn't have his rebellious streak, there's simply no place for Chopper within Justice Dept's tasks.
If that sounds like a terrible waste of a brilliant human being, well... that's Mega City One for you.

Here's some backstory for you!

>tfw you rage yourself to death

Impressive.

youtube.com/watch?v=xrIYT-MrVaI

>Tied naked to a chair while a bunch of Aussies shitppost you IRL

I absolutely love, LOVE that this is Dredd's default answer every time a villain uses a teleporter or dimensional jump.
>"Nah, drokk that, I'm following them to their home to kick their asses."

>Cred Forums implements new torture methods on perps.

HIDE OZ THREADS
IGNORE OZ POSTS

>Chief Judge, this is Dredd. I'm in front of the Halls of the Judda.
>Excellent Dredd. Age hasn't slowed you down one bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=cfZdD6ktWOw

>You're just an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

Love this guy's art, looks nice and clean.

Yup, that'd be Will Simpson. He's done a couple more Dredds and an Anderson story, Hour of the Wolf. His biggest work though is probably The War Machine, Dave Gibbons' reboot of Rogue Trooper.

Dem thighs on that last panel

Ok, now that THAT's taken care of...

Glorious.

Best. Pep-talk. Ever.

It's
TIME
youtube.com/watch?v=-y3h9p_c5-M

Ok Cred Forums, who ya got?

youtube.com/watch?v=doEwWzMz99A

I've read some occasional 2000AD comics that have been storytimed like Stickleback, Zombo, and Shakara and liked what I've read so far. I was hoping to find somewhere that has all the comics uploaded online but I've had trouble since Kickass got nuked and what torrents I can find for the larger collections are ones with almost no seeders. I was also wondering if there were a list of a "2000AD's greatest runs of all time" so I can start off with what's considered the best and work myself up from there.

>What the fuck is happening.

m8, you think you're having issues - imagine being 9y/o and having this as the first 2000AD story you ever read

consequences will never be the same

youtube.com/watch?v=xv15wnj-p2M

AND THE WINNER IS...

FUCK

And all is well that end's well.

Unfortunately, this story would also mark the end of the Wagner/Grant partnership. There had already been a lot of arguing about the direction of Dredd as a character, and it all came to a head of sorts in regards to Dredd's actions here. History goes that Wagner wanted Dredd to let Chopper go, while Grant wanted him to shoot the kid in cold blood. They found a way to resolve it, but decided to call it a day afterwards. Grant would leave to work for DC while Wagner would stay in the strip for a few more years before moving to the Megazine and leaving it in the hands of Garth Ennis.
Speaking of the Megazine, Chopper would eventually find himself with a series of his own there: Song of the Surfer, dealing with his adventures in the Radback and eventually Supersurf 11.

I've never heard Dredd give more than one warning, he must seriously respect Chopper.

Can't go posting images in a story time so I'll just say, Thanks Judge user, you've made my day.

You're welcome! And hey, the stoytime is over, so post away!

>tfw you've had a shitty couple of years but at least you made it to prog 2000 alive

You like Hershey sitting...

It's how I deal with the realization that she'll never sit on me.

One of the best things about 2000AD is that save for a few exceptions, Dredd being the most nostable, series tend to keep their writers all the way through. Artists rotate more, but if the series is short enough (like Shakara) odds are the creative team will stay the same.
As for the best runs, the classics are Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, Slaine, The Ballad of Halo Jones, ABC Warriors, Nemesis the Warlock, Robo-Hunter, and of course Judge Dredd and its spinoffs (Judge Anderson in particular).

>Halo Jones will never be completed

Can't the people at 2000AD just suck Moores balls or something?

Take it with a big grain of salt, but I read around here that Moore said at a con that he'd be open to finishing it if 2000AD/Rebellion were to give him the rights to it. And of course, that's a whole 'nother ballpark in terms of negotiations.
Wonder if Gibson would be up to draw it, too. I don't think I've seen any interior or even cover art from him in a while.

Don't know why 2000AD hasn't given him that offer, unless they just really want to keep their hands on an orphaned series from the 80s.

I'll certainly give those a look. As where I can find a complete collection of the progs, would something like this be a good bet?

ebay.com/itm/2000-AD-Complete-Digital-Comic-Collection-Progs-0000-to-2000-4-Free-Gifts-/191979951427?hash=item2cb2e59543:g:dboAAOSw41xXOxrk

Its very likely a legal quagmire. The people who owned 2000AD before Rebellion played very fast and loose with the property, its quite possible that something like the American distribution rights are owned by one person and the British someone else - this is the problem Neil Gaiman has, I think, his Future Shock stories were distributed in the states without his permission and without paying him royalties.

Once you start giving back the rights, it also sets a precedent for the other 80s creators to take back their work. Moore was far from the only one who got done over, he's just been the most vocal and consistent about it over the years. If Alan got back Halo Jones, why not anyone else? What if one of the creators of a classic, popular and profitable character (Anderson, say, or Rogue) decided they didn't want any new material featuring them printed? That's unlikely to happen, but its a fear with some basis to it.

Looks good! That said, if you're getting started it might be better to try some of the collected editions of individual stories first rather than jumping right in, unless you're a hardcore completionist.
Also, I know there's a torrent out there with all the progs so far. Although with KAT and such gone, good luck finding it.

Yeah, I haven't even seen a source for that comment. But I imagine that Rebellion, who are already a relatively small publisher, would rather get as much money possible out of their characters, especially if they're the ones paying to get them drawn. I do hope they find a way though. From what Neil Gaiman says, the rest of Halo's story is incredibly powerful and moving.

Thank you Judge user.

Got my heart racing just like it did when I read it as a kid. Now I need to dig up song of the surfer from somewhere.

Good Times!

Bump.

Prog 2000 will be storytimed in a new thread because this thread is nearing the image limit.

Already out: