The Red Turtle

What do you guys think of that new western animated film made in the west?

I might go see it tomorrow.

Here's a trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=y3uYequDQqc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UmDbCp3oOiw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i am really excited for this!!

Did he fuck that turtle?

is it not out in your country?

at my local cinema it has 4 showings tomorrow, as many as storks

release date for the USA is Jan 20, 2017.

thats messed up man

fucking australia is getting it more than 3 months earlier than you

its showing up at film festival right now.

No john

you are the turtles

I watched it in an animation festival a while ago. It was pretty good. It kinda felt to me like a 20 minute short stretched into a full feature, as the pacing was extremely slow. I think it's the kind of film reviewers would describe as "a meditation on X and Y"
I recommend it if you like arthouse movies or movies that don't have much going on besides being really beautiful. Just don't watch it if you're feeling impatient, get in the mood for it first.
The backgrounds and atmosphere were gorgeous, the animation is deliberately only decent, reminded me a lot of prince of persia lol.

Saw the trailer the other day, this seem like the kind of movie I will go without eating popcorn because I want to pay attention to it.

>Studio Ghibli
>West
Get out.

Earth is round, so if you o far enough to the wast you will end up in Japan. Learn some eology you retard

it looks interesting

So is the "red turtle" supposed to be the red headed woman?

I can tell because you used two exclamation marks

probably

i feel like the trailer gave away too much

It gives away pretty pretty much the entire plot.

What festival

(Wikipedia) The Red Turtle ( French La Tortue Rouge) is a 2016 French-Belgian-Japanese animated film directed by Dutch-British animator Michaƫl Dudok de Wit in his feature film debut. The film is a co-production between Wild Bunch and Studio Ghibli, and tells the story of a man who tries to escape from a deserted island and battles a giant turtle.
The Film has no dialogue It premiered in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival

It look cheap and rotoscoped.

It can't even be compared to the quality of Studio Ghibli.

Short movie from 2000

youtube.com/watch?v=UmDbCp3oOiw

It looks like a vanity project of Myiazaki to financially produce an arthouse director.

The problem is that there is not much experience with long animation movies in the Netherlands.
So it's easier too work with foreign studios who want to help you.
The film is made in the style of Dudok de Wit with help from Wild Bunch and Studio Ghibli

The only long dutch animation movie is made more than thirty years ago.