Omnibus any good? Would get the paper back edition

Omnibus any good? Would get the paper back edition.

It only collects the original two series. Not all of it.

which is exactly where you should stop
go for it OP

Admittedly, didn't it kinda go downhill after the first two?

I've heard good things about the Nemo trilogy and some like the Century stuff.

Why couldn't Moore really explore the concept instead of British wank and modern British pop culture commenting?

I mean seriously, at Atleast get other writers and artists to explore stuff like the France team.

Honest to god this whole thing is trash. MAybe it just wasn't for me but I couldn't stand any of it. Like, it felt like Moore taking a checklist of edginess and jacking himself off over knowing some old literature.

Yeah, first volume whould have been perfect without all the rape.

It leaves the setting in Black Dossier and goes further in the future in there. The Nemo spinoffs are still great.

>I mean seriously, at Atleast get other writers and artists to explore stuff like the France team.
Isn't pretty much all of it in public domain? Anyone can use the characters.

Apparently not Fu Manchu since he couldnt use his real name in the comic.

Omnibus is good. Black Dossier is fun as a diversion that you shouldn't take too seriously. Century is irredeemable trash.

I like to imagine that Albion is set in the same universe, too, so read that. It's basically the same idea as League of Extraordinary Gentlemen but applied to classic British comics characters, and it's great.

What exactly is it with Moore and rape anyway?
I guess it was used in Watchmen, but Mr. Hyde's invisible fleshlight wasn't good. It was offensive for being stupid writing more than anything. And then there's that other moore book with the fish man

Yeah but I think Moore would have copyrighted the stories, setting and stuff right?

If he hasn't then good on him, because one last book isn't enough, more people should be involved in this.

And James Bond, and Uatu, and Harry Potter, etc etc.

Guess it's just a fetish or something, personally I enjoyed that scene since Invisible Man was an asshole and Nemo was hilarious when he discovered what happened.

don't forget that We're introduced to Invisible Man in V1 by him raping an entire school.

Many artists have a recurring theme/thing/subject in their work. Rape is one for Moore. Nothing wrong with that.

So don't use the exact same name for the team and you're good to go.
He probably wouldn't think much of it - he doesn't really like unoriginality or taking other people's ideas without any transformative effect - but you could legally do it.

Well, theres plenty of torture and cruel death in Moore's books as well so rape is just one ingredient on that soup.

What? But he's been doing the same thing his entire life.

>yfw Voldemort was the villain the whole time

Nope. Black Dossier is fucking amazing. After that is where it goes downhill.

Fu Manchu is public domain now.

>wasn't good
Beg to differ. That was probably the highlight of Moore's career.

Tell me anons, how bad is the rape in this series?

I'm not a fan of it, and I wanted to try reading it.

I would avoid volume 2.

No, he hasn't. There's a difference between recontextualising the work and creations of others to create something new and make a new point, and just building on work that others have created without making anything new out of it.

Apparently this has Moore's prints all over it, what with all the bisexuality.

Oh well, not reading it.

The only scene that could be considered disturbing is that way because of what it DOESN'T show. And it happens late in Vol 2.

The scene in the first book of the cop getting beaten to death with a brick is just as bad honestly. Don't remember anything on that level in BD though.