Doctor Strange May Introduce the Illuminati to the MCU

screenrant.com/doctor-strange-illuminati-mcu/

A curious quote from Doctor Strange actor Benedict Cumberbatch has raised the possibility that the film could bring an even bigger (and much more terrestrial) shift than anyone had been anticipating.

>“I think playing any iconic role when you’re stepping into big shoes, into the shadow of people who have come before you and you can’t process that in a movie to movie basis … I’m excited to see where the Illuminati and whatever else might happen, how that works, and where it ends up. So, yeah, I’m aware of his place within the comic pantheon of it all, the Marvelverse, but I don’t email Kevin saying, “When are we doing next film?” I’m excited to see. I’m excited to see. And as you know, from all these previous incarnations, they play out in unexpected ways from the comic format and journey, so they manage to both fulfill that magical space of doing things that seem to please diehard fans and bring something new as well. So, I guess that’ll be the centerpiece for this guy’s journey.”

Well Cred Forums, with whom do you replace Prof X and Reed to make the MCU Illuminati?

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/09/27/15-cool-and-interesting-things-we-learned-on-the-set-of-marvels-doctor-strange?page=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Professor X
Mutants don't exist who cares.
>Reed
Pym

MCU Pym on the Illuminati would be pretty funny.

seems like a bad idea but why not

Also, Dormammu is pretty much confirmed to be in the movie.

>Kaecilius was also selected because his story could elegantly, and economically, be folded into Strange’s origin. But intriguingly, there seems to be a darker force working through Kaecilius in the movie. “What we wanted was a character that was rooted in the real. This is certainly what I was pitching from the beginning was an antagonist who was rooted in the real world who had, so that there could be an intimate relatability between Strange and his adversary. But who was empowered by something else. By something otherworldly. And connected to something else otherworldly, which comes straight from the comics. Another and I'll say this, another character straight from the comics, you know. And that was, that became interesting to me.

ign.com/articles/2016/09/27/15-cool-and-interesting-things-we-learned-on-the-set-of-marvels-doctor-strange?page=2

You're also forgetting about no Namor and Blackagar not being introduced yet.

Black Bolt can easily join the group after the Inhumans have been revealed. And Namor for the same reasons I said . Atlantis doesn't exist so who cares?
I care dammit I want fucking Namor.

Yeah, but they can be introduced after Infinity War.

>excited to see where the Illuminati and whatever else might happen
I'm taking this as him knowing they'll do the Illuminati at some point in the future, maybe in Phase 4.

It'd have to be very different, and likely smaller since certain aspects of the Illuminati don't exist in the MCU.

Xavier and Blackbolt's spots would just have to be completely be omitted since Mutants and Inhumans don't exist.

Don't know about if Marvel even has the rights to Namor, so he's in the air as far as I know.

Reed and Tony's roles will probably be consolidated into one, unless they give Reed's spot to Banner.

IF they have to do a representative for enhanced people, it'll probably be maybe Steve or Wanda?

Reset the counter, Illuminati is an awful concept.

Namor's the first mutant so Fox owns the rights to him, unfortunately.

Maybe Ross? Or one of the guys from the World Security Council? Or do what they should have done with Alexander Pierce and have a powerful and influential political figure who is actually the Red Skull in disguise (seriously I was so sure that when Widow turned off her hologram mask that Pierce was going to laugh and do exactly the same thing, revealing he was the Red Skull)?

I'm not familiar at all with Agents of Shield, so maybe they could mine that for a few characters?

Honestly this is one of those things like Civil War where the similarity will only be in the name and a few very basic details of the situation, because their entire premises depend on having decades of continuity and huge worlds and casts to reference. What does the Illuminati matter, if their membership is a full quarter of all the superheroes in the world?

Your appointment to FEMA should be finalized within the week. I have already spoken with the senator on the matter.

Check the catalog next time faggot

>Inhumans don't exist.
Yes they do. AoS has focused on them for 2 seasons

>inb4 not muh canon
fuck off

Ross can't be in the Illuminati because they were specifically formed to circumvent oversight by the world's governments.

Unlike mutants, Inhumans aren't off the table and this could be used as a way link them with rest of MCU since the F4 don't exist and they killed quick for some reason.

I feel like they're throwing every popular idea at the MCU without giving it much forethought.

I mean, they should be planning out Phase 4, but the Illuminati now won't work, especially if RDJ quits and Michael Douglas keeps having health problems.

Just what the MCU needs, heroes sitting around in the dark acting like stock mobsters "doing what needs to be done". BTW Tony is way too committed to the Accords to be a part of the Illuminati.

He'll change his tune once he becomes aware of Thanos and meets Strange, especially after dealing with Ross during Civil War.

I wonder if they'll include Cap.

>especially if RDJ quits

I doubt that'll happen. I think RDJ's said that he doesn't mind if he does Stark for the rest of his life at this point. The only way I forsee there being no more Tony is if Marvel writes him out so they don't have to keep paying RDJ outrageous amounts of money for every movie.

atlantis's location was seen in one of the world maps in AoU

>after the Inhumans have been revealed.
So never? In before Agents of Shit.

>I think RDJ's said that he doesn't mind if he does Stark for the rest of his life at this point.
After all those billions he's been making? Gee I wonder why he wants to stay?

Illuminati?

Cap will die

You know Inhumans is still happening right. Feige said they pushed it back because the release schedule for phase 3 was too crowded.

Seriously, how many films until he's been paid enough to actually BE iron man?

hes probably just talking about mordo

It would contradict the whole point of Civil War.

I suppose it would consist of:

Strange
Panther
Manor
Fury
Stark

Nick Fury
Doctor Strange
Iron Man
Black Panther
Black Bolt
Odin/Loki