Revolution Storytime

>What is Revolution?
Revolution is IDW's big crossover event involving: ROM, Transformers, G.I. Joe, M.A.S.K. and others.

>What is being storytimed?
Today's releases are: M.A.S.K. Revolution and Micronauts Revolution

>Previous Storytimes
TAAO 4, Action Man 4, ROM 3, Micronauts 6, ROM Revolution, Revolution 1: desuarchive.org/co/thread/86436627/#86436627
Road to Revolution, Action Man 1 & 2, ROM 1, Micronauts 1-4: desuarchive.org/co/thread/84885482/
Titans Return (MtMtE 56 and TAAO 3): desuarchive.org/co/thread/85548432/
Action Man 3, Road to Revolution, ROM 2: desuarchive.org/co/thread/85726270/
Micronauts 5, Transformers 56: desuarchive.org/co/thread/85906719/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!elBxxJQa!D1EU1AAs3IkHmkpUPdgBieuGxpWEwvztMFpgrQ0xonk
mega.nz/#!6wgxkY4Q!P7IISq4mTpKiR95XtILImKTW5xgdUl_6tCzk_UkYWpc
comicsalliance.com/idw-revolution-2-preview/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>M.A.S.K
FUCK YEAH BOYS

First, downloads
M.A.S.K.: Revolution:
mega.nz/#!elBxxJQa!D1EU1AAs3IkHmkpUPdgBieuGxpWEwvztMFpgrQ0xonk
Micronauts: Revolution: mega.nz/#!6wgxkY4Q!P7IISq4mTpKiR95XtILImKTW5xgdUl_6tCzk_UkYWpc

Glad to see you're excited user!

Blessed be the Revolutianon.

I like that name.

Well, that's definitely a good guy name.

>Project Spectrum
I understand that reference because I was on the "List of MASK characters" Wikipedia page the other day.

Of course, you can always trust a person who has "Mayhem" in their name

>Dr. Armand Singh
>Dr. Bender
What.
I mean sure, he's Mindbender, obviously, but... what?

It is a bit of an odd line, it makes me think that the Armand Singh bit was an error or that perhaps it's meant to be Dr. "Bender" instead.

This is so lame.

That was... pretty underwhelming, really. Mayhem remains a great character, though.

Next up: Micronauts!

Before you ask. Yes, this does end in a cliffhanger.

Eh.
They were always going to be lackluster when juxtaposed to the likes of literally everyone else participating in Revolution.
M.A.S.K is tragic.

It is written by the guy who wrote Transformers: Deviations so I wasn't expecting much anyway.

I think a better writer could've made it work. Easton is just not very good.

This is also true.

The art in this one is pretty bad.

The next page is interesting.

>Membros
>Karza's helmet
>Punished "Venom" Pharoid
>That one Biotron from the irst issue?
>Is that a Biotron with a jet nosecone on the back
>Larissa gets facially violated?
>Daegon's dead
>GIANT ACROYEAR
Nice.

What the fuck is happening to Larissa in that one panel?

Dire Wrape

>Is that a Biotron with a jet nosecone on the back
In the shot with Larissa's forcefield up in front of her, Phen, and Oz? That's Daegon.

Don't forget Earth just poking up in one of the panels to link this to revolution

Looks more mechanical than Dire Wraiths.

Oh, and Micronus Prime, he links this to Revolution too.

Oh damn!

HOLY SHIT.

Funny thing is that today's exRiD was talking about him, too.

fugg

damn

Tfw the Micronauts found a Knight before the Lost light.

For scale's sake -- Micronus is supposed to be about Nickel's size yeah?

Micronus isn't a Knight. The Knights came before the 13.

Maybe a little bigger? He is, like, the king of the Mini-Cons.

Makes sense.

Probably intentional since exRiD is now wrapped up in everyone else's business.

So far Micronauts and exRiD have hit it out of the park today, I'm excited to see how Revolution plays out. MTMTE was also good but felt almost cozy despite the situation.

My bad then.
In that case their quest isn't a total waste of time.

>Sentinel claims Micronus took a space bridge and abandoned his colony
>we now find out that he's dead and is responsible for Microspace
Did he actually leave Prion because he was pregnant with a universe or something?

He doesn't look very dead.
I think he's probably just asleep.

So, if Onyx Prime represents the unbirth kink (as seen in TCOP) and Quintus represents tentacle rape, does that mean that Micronus is MPreg?

Karza calls it his grave and he's been hanging out there for years.

That's what Karza thinks.
Until I see those techno colors fade I have hope in the little guy.

Revolution not in the Win-O yet?

His colors look pretty faded on this cover.

He definitely looks more dead there. I guess his chest is a space bridge? Cool.

Oh shit, that's the Micronauts' ship flying out of his titties. Nice.

Looking at it again, I can't tell whether the perspective is off or he's just thicc?
Look at the thighs, what's happening there?

I think he's supposed to be thicc + short?

Who is best Micronaut?

Acroyear. Why is this a question?

Acroyear.
No competition though Biotron and Microtron are also good.

A mask that fires poison is kind of ho-hum compared to the others, isn't it?

Awesome I loved mask as a kid

I remember my older brothers had the motorcycle and the jet/helicopter

Sly is honestly the only character besides the kid and the robot I remember

It's pretty in character, though.
Most of the others? Can be used non-offensively. Viper's just for straight-up murdering.

So nice of them to ditch Bruce Sato and Hondo McLean, the two most prominent non-whites of the original.

Sven

Thanks, OP.

... And I just realized C.O.P.S. would have been a perfect fit for this.

C.O.P.S. has got the be the biggest example of wasted potential ever. The concept was incredible. The actual cartoon was middle of the road at best.

C.O.P.S. wouldn't fit because the characters are fighting crime in a future time, not the present.

Is C.O.P.S. even Hasbro?

Yea.

The microverse is going to end up having to do with Micronus Prime, isn't it?

>Onyx Prime represents the unbirth kink (as seen in TCOP)
What?

I can only assume because that user sees his agents as tiny men crawling inside the bodies of others to live inside them. To be fair Sentinel/Infinitus does call them hosts, which is as good a synonym for motherhood as any.

Okay but what is TCOP?

The best goddamn movie ever made, son.

The Covenant of Primus.

We don't really know when any of it came about, or what is even myth or not. Especially since the 13 are almost certainly immortal if they can just get dumped back into daddy's womb (sorry, unbirth user, but I don't know what else to call it) and then come back.

Guess that should have been obvious.

AH! So thats why I have not read/heard about it.

Thanks, OP.

So it looks like MASK is going to be the weak link in the Hasbro titles?

I've grown to dig Micronauts (though it is VERY written for trade), ROM just clicks for me, and Action Man is probably my favorite thing Barber has written on his own so I have hope in Revolutionaries. GI Joe, will if nothing else have great art.

G.I. Joe is pretty unpredictable. Even pre-Revolution IDW G.I. Joe was all over the place.

I mean judging from the creative team in place. I've never read anything by Sitterson so I can't judge her, but I dig the artist attached, their stuff reminds me of the art in Dorohedoro.

>Sitterson
>her

k, i've been educated

Is that the dude that wrote Street Fighter vs. G.I. Joe?

apparently

He dives headfirst into Cybertron's newly formed vagina.

It was going to be from the start, frankly.

Holy shit is that Mask? Mai nigga!

Literally

So... which Transformer do you think is going to join the GI Joe roster?

The writer confirms theyre adding one.

I'm gonna guess Skywarp since he joined the EDC

Would've been better if they'd had the story Mannheim told be true. I was liking the idea of him as a villain who's a complete bastard but admirable in all other respects.

Cred Forums Storytimes are the best.

It's totally Skywarp. He'd be the most fun and has the most story reason to be there.
Unless it's Thundercracker

pretty sure its kup brah

It's not, he's joining the Revolutionaries book instead.

Except that Roberts has said the Knights came before the 13. They aren't the same thing. That "unbirth" thing also has no bearing on IDW canon.

Age for storytime reading. Man Cred Forums moves fast.

wouldn't be surprised if a version of it shows up within the next couple of years though, just need things on Earth to get more Sci-Fi on the civilian side of things first

>COPS before Inhumanoids
Fuck that.

Are you sure he isn't a character in Street Fighter vs. GI Joe? He looks like a damn Dreadnok.

>Zartan is going to write the G.I. Joe
Damn

>a fucking nigger

DROPPPPED

What is Inhumans like and how well would it fit in to all this? I see it brought up in these threads every now and then.

You mean Inhumanoids? It's about a bunch of monsters that are almost like something out of the Cthulhu mythos rising out of the Earth, and some humans and other monsters have to kick them back down where they came from.

>"unbirth" thing also has no bearing on IDW canon.
What are you talking about unbirth? Have you noticed the amount of sheer UNDEATH present instead? The running theme that things like Titans never truly die? Alpha Trion surviving people running around as his head? Red Alert has a dubious distinction of losing his head alongside Rung (Rung's brain module remained attached at least) but they were given immediate medical attention on being discovered.

Nevermind that. Alpha Trion resurrected Ironhide by recreating his spark from the Core of Cybertron, the Allspark. Unfortunately Ironhide's spark had been damaged saving Optimus from an assassin which left 4 million years of his history unrecorded so Alpha Trion effectively brought back an earlier version.

Even better, by coincidence Ironhide's holomatter avatar is basically Miles Mayhem.

Visionaries is supposed to be getting a movie, but are they getting a comic?

What is this unbirth meme?

Transformers come from the Allspark, return to the Allspark when they die, and occasionally come back from the Allspark again. It's like that in most modern TF continuities and true in IDW. If you want to call that unbirth so be it.

What the fuck does this rant have to do with anything? The 13 and the Knights still aren't the same thing.

Depends. The fuck did you get the idea that the 13 and the Knights were the same thing?

I didn't, this whole discussion came about from someone else suggesting that even though, again, it's been confirmed the Knights were pre-13.

Yeah, over twelve hours ago. Conversations move on, user. Why did you even think, when people weren't talking about the same thing as earlier in the day they were, or even should be, talking about the same thing?

Then why the fuck did you even reply to that post four hours later with something that had nothing to do with what was even being talked about?

If you'd paid attention it was the whole "unbirth" shit that was being responded to. Funny how sometimes people respond to just a part of a post and not the whole thing.

Yeah, and that post was just saying that it means nothing for IDW. Because it doesn't. Because there has been no part where Onyx climbed into Cybertron's vagina.

Funny how autists can't event grasp the part of the post they're replying to.

user, given how triggered you are by this, and your insistence in using "unbirth" despite not making it clear what you're even actually meaning, I'm afraid it might in fact be you who is the autistic one. And not even the useful savant kind or you'd have realized that that post didn't even mention Onyx as part of your "unbirth" fixation. You'd also have been able to piece together people talking about how others have died, returned to the Allspark, and then returned to life, so "unbirth," the great Return to Sender, and reincarnation are possible when the Thirteen are involved.

But hey, if you're lucky you'll be spotted as UnbirthAnon every time you start obsessing about unbirth again in any future TF thread.

I bet he cried at the end of Transformers Prime when Optimus merged bodily with Primus to return the Allspark.

I meant it the way it was literally being talked about earlier in this thread, you dumbass.

>So, if Onyx Prime represents the unbirth kink
He dives headfirst into Cybertron's newly formed vagina.
>Especially since the 13 are almost certainly immortal if they can just get dumped back into daddy's womb

The earlier conversation was talking about how none of this shit has any bearing on IDW, because it fucking doesn't. It was about a very specific thing from The Covenant of Primus (which is non-IDW) before you suddenly tried shoving every instance of a Cybertronian getting resurrected in IDW into the conversation like it had anything to do with what was being discussed.

How do you even interact in the real world with your crippling autism?

I'm so sorry not everyone obsesses over your unbirth fetish the same way you do, UnbirthAnon.

Not sure why you're surprised. Even when you first unleashed your dankness on the thread people weren't sure what the fuck you were talking about.

I'm not even that user, faggot. I don't give a shit about Covenant of Primus crap. I'm just pointing out that your obsession with "undeath" had nothing to do with what you were replying to.

>I-I'm not that user!
>Y-you're the one with the fetish!

It's called talking about canon in IDW, user. You should try it sometime.

Then why were you even replying to a post calling the unbirth shit out as non-canon in IDW? Christ, you're an idiot.

You're really struggling with this idea. Probably because you're obsessively fixated on the fetishistic aspects of "crawling up inside" Primus' womb instead of realizing that IDW supports the modern standard notion of returning to the Allspark upon death. You just need to let go with the bodily aspect of it. If you can.

You continue to have a completely different conversation from the one actually going on. Lovely.

I hate to break this to you, UnbirthAnon, but this is the only conversation going on in this thread. Don't worry, once you can see past your fetish obsession you'll get there.

>I hate to break this to you, UnbirthAnon, but this is the only conversation going on in this thread.
Yeah, which is why I can't wrap my head around why you're having so much trouble following it.

That's because you can't see past your fetish. We've were just over this.

Girls, girls. You're both just godawful.

Would you both fuck off from this thread and kindly never return?

But user, we're just talking about fetishes. That's as Cred Forums as mom's cheetos-mountain dew pie.

We should move on from talking about Onyx's raging horsecock though and instead discuss this new revelation that the Micronauts are Micronus having a full-blown case of space AIDS.

Which explains a lot, really.

I thought it was OK, I liked Vanessa so if this fails I want to see more of her and Mayhem

The nice thing about having an explicitly shared universe is if any point DOES fail they can bump characters into other, more popular properties. If they can then build interest back in the original they might be able to try again in future years.

Or not.

I know absolutely nothing about MASK so this was a bit confusing. I vaguely remember being a little shit on Saturday mornings eating cereal and watching the show but it never left much of an impression Hell, I used to watch shit like Silverhawks and barely remember it at all these days. I remember the Micronauts a bit better. Used to have some of the toys and would put them in Robotix capsules. and connect them to whatever stupid thing I was trying to build.

I kept thinking I should research MASK a bit to refresh my memory, but decided I should just let the comic sell itself, especially since this is an adaptation. So far it hasn't done the best job in the world, but they're only just beginning.

bumping to read.

So... why did Matt get promoted to team leader after continuously being a fuckup with no talent?

Fucks sake. Blacked matt tracker

Thanks, OP.

i have been waiting for this thread

How is the Hasbro shared universe stuff selling?

Micronauts, last I heard, was doing better than Transformers. Action Man was doing worse than most issues that came out the week before it, so it's not surprising that it got cancelled. Don't know about the others.

These were the sales estimates for August.

>Rom #2 14,816
>Transformers #55 8,218
>MTMTE #56 8,042
>Transformers #56 7,689
>Micronauts #5 7,667
>TAAO #3 7,190

I imagine Revolution will boost these, too. But still, reminder to buy these comics at your local comic store or on something like Comixology if you're enjoying them.

Woah.
ROM is doing really well. I'm glad to see its success. I'm also delighted to see exrid #55 did well; it was an awesome issue.

Wow TAAO really isn't doing good is it?

Sad to see Micronauts so low too it's my fav new IDW book.

ROM is probably doing so good because of the hype around him I've seen a lot of old fag bitching about how it's NOT MUH ROM so it's proably all newfags buying it. I hope it keeps up the momentum tho it's a really good book right now.

MASK was shit.

>August
>Micronauts #5 7,667

>July
>Micronauts #4 9,060

Jeeeesus that's a big ass drop.

Hopefully Revolution will get more people reading it.

I feel kind of guilty for not buying Action Man and consigning it to an early grave. I was going to buy it in trade, I swear.

Revolution #3 iTunes preview is out, and we don't even have #2 yet. It's pretty much just part 2 of the Micronauts Revolution issue, though.

>We fight

Goddamn it Acroyear stop being the best character

God this series is so good and Karza is based. It's so weird how much of a good guy he is despite being played for a villain.

I'm not so sure how much of a good guy he is after talking about how he's decided he needs to "shepherd" the people of Microspace and create a new universal order.

God, this art is gorgeous. Based Ossio.

As someone who grew up on it, still gets a little nostigagic about it, you honestly aren't missing much background.

Matt Tracker barely had any personality, practically a blander Bruce Wayne with an annoying ass adopted son. Everybody on the team and Venom had character than him, even if they were stereotypes. Which was a shame considering his back story with Miles had plenty to work with. Basically I watched for the vehicles and combat as a kid.

Still, give a shot just for the experience. Whole thing is on animeflavor.

MASK had the He-man effect on me.

I remember watching it and loving it as a kid but then as an adult when I watched it again it was just "Oh god....oh god why....how did I watch this?"

This really shouldn't bother me, I realize that it’s like an alternate universe / modern interpretation, but the whole thing looks and reads as if the staff is completely unfamiliar with MASK.

So MASK in this is initially referred to as “Project Spectrum”, Matt’s code name is also now “Spectrum”, and his mask is still called “Spectrum”? What!?

Miles’ last name is now a nickname. Stiletto now shoots broomsticks (out of what appears to be the temple) instead of blades out of the shoulders. Julio’s “Streamer” mask now has Calhoun Burns’ mask’s name and power. Gator now transforms from a Jeep to a dune buggy, or was it just stuck in mid-transformation? They’re race bending characters in a series that’s the biggest poster child for the diverse fighting team trope.

This feels like “Ghostbusters: Answer the Call” again.

M.A.S.K. was one of the biggest examples of "awesome concept, weak execution" of any 80s cartoon.

That's one of the reactions I always had going back to old shows, the other being "this is fucked up shit I used to watch" when I rewatched something like Inhumanoids.

Speaking of, IDW needs to get on that shit.

On the other hand, could Dusty and Sato really fly these days without a shitstorm?

But yeah, I am wondering if this was just a weak start or they felt they had to rebuild everything from the ground up.

>could Dusty and Sato really fly these days without a shitstorm?

Why not?

>Ghostbusters: Answer the Call

Which was... ?

How could a Japanese engineer not work nowadays? All they need to do is drop the Asian Philosopher quotations and he's fine.

I was talking about the quotes and Matt being the only one who understood him part, which was dumb even back then. Dropping it though also means you'd have to rebuild him from scratch to be more interesting than asian engineer.

Dusty's good old southern boy routine would probably attract the same people who get pissy about how southerners are potrayed all the time.

>GI Joes are being super xenon mega cunts towards the Cybertronians
>tfw no Cobra Commander trying to ally with Optimus, showing off his his multinational team, global social initiatives, and contempt for the self-destructive bureaucratic red tape that's holding mankind back

"And if not me, who elsssssse can you trusssst? The people shooting at you? We'll be in touch."

bump

My money is on Skywarp, it has to be him, he is desperate to be corporeal and will alley with anyone that helps him, he is already at their base, and if it's not him then WTF is he going to do other than continue being unimportant background decoration.

Blitzwing got kidnapped by the Joes and is tortured by Mayhem, he most likely hates and wants to kill all humans.

TC would fit the bill too since he already has worked with the humans although I feel he has enough of their shit and most likely has no intention on working with people that fired on him.

That's a reyarded reason to bitch about ROM of course it can't be their ROM, Marvel owns a lot of shit from the old ROM. Even James Gunn doesn't want to check it out for the same dumb not muh reasons.

That said I'm kind of glad he is at IDW especially since Marvel is shit right now, not to mention I was at SDCC about a year before it was mentioned that IDW was going to do a ROM comic and when asked about ROM Quesada said that they would have loved getting their hands on him and giving him to Bendis to write (because apparently Bendis is a big ROM fan).

Fuck no, not after reading his GotG if he had ROM he would have butchered him and shoved Kitty Pryde in the comic and ROM would quip and Bendis speak or talk like Bendis writes Angela, no I am glad IDW writes him.

I mean Marvel ROM got a nice conclusion anyway (of course ignoring the second series he got) and IDW is doing interesting things with him.

Pretty sure once Optimus found out how unforgiving and ruthless the Cobra organization is and how they have no problem eating their own (and sometimes literally with Croc Master) he would be turned off by them.

Of course it would have been fun especially with Cobra hiding all that shit from him and Optimus being happy that a group of humans wants to ally with them.

>was mentioned that IDW was going to do a ROM comic and when asked about ROM Quesada said that they would have loved getting their hands on him and giving him to Bendis to write (because apparently Bendis is a big ROM fan).
Holy shit IDW literally saved ROM.

The actual (albeit slapped together) title of the 2016 Ghostbusters movie.

All of them seem to be codenamed after their masks, for what it's worth.
So's this comic.

>That's a reyarded reason to bitch about ROM of course it can't be their ROM

Dunno about that user but I only saw one person going "NO MITTEN HAND, TOO ANIME, FUCK IDW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" as far as ROM goes, and he only read the free comic book day shit before declaring that IDW raped ROM or whatever.

But yeah anyone who legit expected just Marvel 2.0 ROM is a retared because that was impossible since Hasbro only owns the look of ROM and the name Dire Wraiths everything else is Marvel.

Besides IDW ROM is literally the exact same shit as marvel rom, he comes to earth, gets hooked up with a chick and blasts some humans that are actually dire wraiths and everyone hates him for it. The only difference is that it's a bit more horror story like and less pulps sci-fi.

Why is this lettering such shit?

That's clearly a monoboob.

nigga wat

So based he created a miniature universe and lived inside it.

>ROM THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>Optimus btfo
>Primes crew have to watch this btfo'ing

Full Revolution 2 preview is up.
comicsalliance.com/idw-revolution-2-preview/
Poor Jazz.

It would be insanely hype if Optimus and his forces had their backs against the wall in Revolution.

And then:

COBRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Protect Optimussssss Prime and his alliesssssss!

It's the same as the iTunes/iBooks lettered preview content-wise but with the credits page and pic related added.

Revolution #3 iTunes/iBooks preview is out.

End preview

whole reading was like this.

I didn't notice that, but the pics I posted are higher-res. That poster FORGOT that #2 iTunes/iBooks preview exists.

Shiiiiiit how strong is ROM?

Well there you go ROM explained himself now, although I get a "don't like Cybertronians" vibe from him.

Also I get the feeling that Optimus and his crew are going to be doing to him what the humans are doing to them.

What does that even mean, user.
>although I get a "don't like Cybertronians" vibe from him.
Well, he threw shade at the Cybertronians explaining why he doesn't like them.

1.) They're Cybertronians and he knew about them. Their war has razed thousands of planets to the the ground for over 4 million years. ROM is constantly fighting Dire Wraith to prevent that exact same situation so he can't be fond of other aliens capable of the same kind of destructon wraiths are.

2.) ROM believes the Cybertronians are responsible one way or another for the power boost of Dire Wraiths on Earth. He's not wrong because Ore-13 IS giving them much more power.

Yea he says someone is helping the Wraiths and that he prays it's not the Cybertronians not that he thinks it's them so he suspects them at best.

Although with the Ore 13 thing and Optimus trying to stop him I can see why ROM would think that way.