THE Hellblazer #2 Storytime

Guys, didnt you get the memo? We're storytiming ALL 2 years of rebirth, why didn't anyone do Hellblazer yet?

I'm not even gonna read this. Hellblazer ended with issue 300. (Or actually earlier, since most of Milligan was shit)

I read JLD and it turned to shit.
I read nu52 Constantine and it was shit.
I read some other Constantine and beside really rubbing it in our face that he is now gay, it wasn't bad, but not great either.
Apparently this is again a new reboot, but there is no point in watching them beating a dead horse anymore.

I wonder who he's visiting

>That Zatanna graffiti

Was "Teen Titans Rebirth #1" released this week?

Gotham Academy crossover coming

The Rebirth Issue was

Great, thank you very much, I was looking for it with the wrong name (Teen Titans) in the catalog.

>sting reference

Speaking of storytimes is anybody going to do vertigos new frostbite.
Apart from the lazy art disguised as limited art its pretty good.

>he is now gay
He was bisexual since about issue 80.
And it was fantastic it did not matter that he was a black man his fate was the same as all constintines past girlfriends. Maybe even the worst of all.

bump

>stoned unwashed idealists
Savage

Wait, Hellblazer is back? The real Hellblazer?

Looks like it yeah.
Thats rebirth magic.
Thing is for dc magic is meant to have a cost wheres the fucking cost.

Shouldn't that someone be zatanna.

I suppose she does not count because shes not human.

>Thing is for dc magic is meant to have a cost wheres the fucking cost.

The DCEU

It ended when Carey left. Everything from Denise Mina onwards was shit. There were little spikes of quality here and there, but it never became proper good again.

No, it's just more shit, now wearing the corpse of the real Hellblazer.

Character from Warren Ellis' run

that was Pandora. she was the scapegoat propped up to take all the blame and then sacrificed on an altar.
it wasn't even subtext, those were basically her last words before Doctor Manhat whacked her.

How so? I skimmed the issue, where does it indicate this is 50+ year old John? Vertigo John?

>Not black coffee.
Fuck this gay Earth.

This is good so far but I can't help but feel miffed that the artist didn't take the time to make her look like the withered fuckin tree bark bitch she is

Well thank you for sharing that highly poignant opinion from you blog. I hope you keep popping up in these threads in the future to remind of us less equipped with such high standards and good taste of this.

This issue is the least shitty thing to come out with John in it since issue 250. I like Eddie Campbell, eat me. I have hopes that the next one won't suck as bad or worse than issue #1.

They totally were. You don't need to be an Akira like Mercury to see that.

No, but he's more in character here than he has been since Diggle's run. Which isn't saying much, but is the biggest improvement in 3 years. If they'd just let him curse, I could almost call it good.

The genius loci of London. A real heavy hitter. On his own turf, he's a match for Swamp Thing. No one to be trifled with. Shit is gonna cook.

I took it to mean that she's started using a glamour. Or that she sold something precious to regain her youth. Not mentioning it was a classy move by the writer and characters. Builds to the mystery of things going on outside John's purview.

Map remember got those thugs splatered across the subway

His dcyou was decent.
Although considering all i can remember mostly is how it ended i wonder if maybe it just had such a fantastic ending i forgot about bad eariler issues.
At the very least the bit where he just blasts a demon to ash was a bit silly but not as bad as most of the conbat he got up to in the nu52

Speaking of endings i hope this arc does not end as retardedly as his rebirth issue did.

Constantine's appearances in Soule's Swamp Thing were pretty good.

I liked the bit where he sent a warlord back to gemworld to keep him off earth in gemworld.

>hurr durr, I just watched the movie.

MAPS! HIS NAME IS MAPS!

Oh damn a reference to Watchmen. Guess this is a Rebirth storyline comic to follow.

Earlier issues were better than he last couple of issues though.

Maybe issue #12 but i fucking creamed myself over #13.
It was classic hellblazer

Too deus ex machina for me, his little spell didn't have any lasting negative effects effects and he ends up saving the kids too which is a bit much imo. Last couple of pages were great though, I agree. I think 1-9 were overall better, had more of a classic Hellblazer feel and had sweet sweet Rossmo art. Then Foreman started shitting it up and the writers started rushing things because they were running out of room. Last issues was good but 10-12 I found below the standard the series set before.

Jesus, what an idiot.

Bump