DC signing every creator to exclusive contracts

>DC signing every creator to exclusive contracts
>Marvel not doing the same
Whats going on?

sounds like DC is paranoid about its lower page rates

or did you think they were keeping cover prices low by just forgoing profit entirely

>Exclusives
>Company wars
Am I on Cred Forums?

>Whats going on?

Marvel has Disney capital to pay their bills.

They've got Joe Quinones doing interiors for Howard the ducking Duck.

DC needs Rebirth to work and make the glow last for as long as possible.

Would Disney drop comics like they did with Disney Infinity?

No, the comics are perfectly set to viral market the films. Also too much bad press.

Infinity was a video game thing, which Disney has moved away from.

Disney dropping the comics division won't be the best PR move

No because they would face a huge backlash. The regular movie goer, doesn't care about comics but knows they're the original source and will always defend them in order to look cool and nerdy.

More like shifting focus to the Star Wars comics. There's a reason why Marvel cape comics have dropped in quality.

Marvel isn't doing the same because Bendis is the only worthwhile writer they've got

Everyone else's book undersells or gets axed. They're expendable. 5 years from now, there will be plenty of new blood on the Marvel books, they'll have their chance, they'll fuck it up and be gone, and Bendis will still be around making best-sellers

Once the movie trend dies then yes.

Marvel stole Lemire and SOule from DC though.

>Steal Lemire from DC writing Green Arrow
>Make him write a shitty X-Men stories and a boring ass Wolverine retread
>Steal Soule from DC writing Red Lanterns and Swamp Thing
>Ruin him on a weekly Wolverine title, followed by Inhuman drama and TV Daredevil
Marvel is where creators go to die.

>DC signing every creator to exclusive contracts
>Marvel not doing the same
>Whats going on?

No one else wants their writers

Marvel mostly grabs artists from other companies, not writers.

I would love to think that they have trouble getting exclusive writers because they have so few top properties left to offer them. Everybody knows X-Men is treated like ass by Marvel so they can't lure creators by offering them an X-Men book.

That's what I'd like to believe, anyway. Realistically it's probably that Marvel went through its own wave of exclusive signings and now it's DC's turn to lock people down.

DC really don't have any better there is Batman, Superman and ????

Marvel is cancer and needs to die

But at least they could offer Tom King the chance to write Batman.

Right now Slott won't leave Spider-Man (and it's still doing too well to replace him), and Avengers is too much of an event clusterfuck for anyone to take it on. I assume they would not be giving it to Waid if they could get someone younger and hipper to take it on.

Cancer leads to death user

Marvel pumps and dumps. C'mon, user, you know this.

They obviously can offer them stuff the writers want to try out like Orlando with Midnighter (and then moving him to JLA)

JLA is a third tier book