Rucka: Wonder Woman is obviously queer

newsarama.com/31251-is-wonder-woman-queer-obviously-yes-says-rucka.html

>Defined in the interview as "involving, although not necessarily exclusively, romantic and/or sexual interest toward persons of the same gender," Rucka told Comicosity definitively that Wonder Woman is queer - however, the people of Themiscyra don't define their sexuality with the heternormative terms of "man's world."

>"Yes. I think it’s more complicated though," explained Rucka. "This is inherently the problem with Diana: we’ve had a long history of people - for a variety of reasons, including sometimes pure titillation, which I think is the worst reason - say, 'Ooo. Look. It’s the Amazons. They’re gay!'"

>"And when you start to think about giving the concept of Themyscira its due, the answer is, 'How can they not all be in same sex relationships?' Right? It makes no logical sense otherwise," he continued. "But an Amazon doesn’t look at another Amazon and say, 'You’re gay.' They don’t. The concept doesn’t exist. Now, are we saying Diana has been in love and had relationships with other women? As [artist] Nicola [Scott] and I approach it, the answer is obviously yes."

>Rucka goes on to explain that it's important that Diana's first romantic relationship not be with Steve Trevor, otherwise her drive to leave Themyscira would be motivated by love rather than sacrifice, which he explains "takes away her heroism."

>"When we talk about agency of characters in 2016, Diana deciding to leave her home forever - which is what she believes she’s doing - if she does that because she’s fallen for a guy, I believe that diminishes her heroism. She doesn’t leave because of Steve. She leaves because she wants to see the world and somebody must go and do this thing. And she has resolved it must be her to make this sacrifice."

>However, Rucka also states that he has avoided having Wonder Woman state her sexuality outright because doing so doesn't serve the story. Rather, he takes a "show, don't tell" approach to explaining Wonder Woman's identity.

>"For my purposes, that’s bad writing," Rucka said of what he calls "the Northstar problem" - needing a character to state their sexuality outright for it to be considered valid. "That’s a character stating something that’s not impacting the story. I get nothing for my narrative out of that in almost any case. When a character is being asked point blank, if it’s germane to the story, then you get the answer. But for me, and I think for Nicola as well, for any story we tell - be it Black Magick, be it Wonder Woman, be it a Batman story - we want to show you these characters and their lives, and what they are doing."

>"By our standards where I am standing of 2016, Themyscira is a queer culture. I’m not hedging that. And anyone who wants to prevaricate on that is being silly," he continued. "I really don’t like the idea that there are people out there who might think DC is being mealy-mouthed about this. They’re not. No one wants to be taken out of context by ignorant people, but nobody at DC has ever said, 'She’s gotta be straight.' Nobody. Ever. They’ve never blinked at this."

>"And when they’ve had questions about how we represent this, it’s always been about representing what the story needs. I think every publisher can be lit up for moments of negligence and mistakes they made, but it matters a great deal to me that DC be given their due here."

>Rucka summed his and DC's approach to Wonder Woman's sexuality by saying that they prefer to think of it as a simple fact, a non-issue.

>"They would, I think, like any business, prefer this not be an issue to anybody. But most of us human beings would also really rather this not be an issue for anybody anymore. It is what it is. This is how the Amazons live."

there's been two outrage threads already

I'm okay with all of this.

>>Rucka goes on to explain that it's important that Diana's first romantic relationship not be with Steve Trevor, otherwise her drive to leave Themyscira would be motivated by love rather than sacrifice, which he explains "takes away her heroism."

Fuck.

You.

>Fuck.
>You.

Men in prison go gay faster than Diana went down on Paradise Island.

Nah Diana being a muff diver is a given, the point is Rucka is an idiot if he thinks Wonder Womans heroism suffers if she's motivated by love rather than sacrifice. Traditionally she's always been loving.

So DC's playing catch-up with Marvel's diversity move again?
I can't help but wonder if this is going to survive the next Crisis retcon.

Anybody who gives even half a shit about Diana already knows what Rucka is saying here. It wouldn't even be worth an article if not for the fact that the core audience for these news sites doesn't read comic books

Yeah but her love is more of a general, love of all the world type love, not mooning after one particular flyboy.

then you're just as lame.

If you think there's a difference you don't know love.

steel vagina was made for steel cock

>love for the world is the same as lusting after some dick you just met

When did "queer" become the acceptable terminology for gay? It used to be an insult.

It's amazing how who characters choose to fuck is so important now.

Why do people act like this is big news every couple of years? It's not even something new, they've been implying that Diana's had female lovers as far back as the late 80's.

Does it make them feel special? Like they just woke up one day and thought "Wait a minute! Themyscira's an all female island, I bet Diana's fucked tons of chicks!" and then pat themselves on the back for being so goddamn 'smart'?

I really do hate Rucka. This kinda shit matters not at all to characterization yet faggot SJWs like him think it does.

>Why do people act like this is big news every couple of years?
There are two groups of people who get worked up over things like this:

1) people who don't read comics and think this is some major victory for LGBT rights

2) people from Cred Forums who don't read comics and get triggered that SJWs are ruining comics.

/thread

Now thanks to Greg Rucka, Steve isn't even Wonder Woman first love.

Wow, Post-Flashpoint Steve Trevor is a sad, sad man...

good luck making editorial think that

They don't seem to mind Harley Quinn bisexuality.

Did you not read his Year One? They explicitly talk about how she fucked other Amazonians.

Iloveyouanon

///thread

Bombshells isn't canon

DC already confirmed they are canon in main universe.

Well I'll be. I didn't think it was mentioned since BTAS or maybe an off hand comment

She's straight, Steve Trevor rescued her from a degenerate lifestyle of Sapphic tyranny and sodomite perversion.

So basically, people who don't read comics. Which is almost everyone else in the world. How long can comic book publishers keep this up? It sounds like they are on their deathbeds judging be the sales.

>elseworld stories aren't canon

shhh, if grant morrison hears you say that he'll feed you to the anti-monitor

>It sounds like they are on their deathbeds judging be the sales.
You mean the past year that is the best the comic industry has had in decades?

Like every sixth issue of her book is Harley and Ivy making tossed salad jokes.

>implying Steve is straight

user...

>sodomite perversion.
I don't think you know how lesbians work

Now that I think of it it has been a while since I read any Harley. I think the last thing was PG and Harley or her Little Black Book

I predict that people will get angry at this act of evil Social Justice Witchcraft, attack people for "forcing" authors to write according to their agenda, and attack the authors who do so for their "forced" and "preachy" writings that include said elements, without interpreting the claims that anger them.

>homosexuality is a choice according to DC

Fags BTFO

>love of all the world
>starting as a sexist misandrist

>2) people from Cred Forums who don't read comics and get triggered that SJWs are ruining comics.
But I DO read comics and SJWS annoy me. They're like posers who pretend to like what I like (comics), but for different reasons, and don't even read them. Logically that would piss anyone off.

So do Themyscirans no longer reproduce by raping and killing sailors?
That's retarded.

>So do Themyscirans no longer reproduce by raping and killing sailors?
Azzarello's run is pretty explicitly non-canon according to Rucka.

Which just raises the question of how you get more amazons.

Rucka has a boner for Perez run so probably just reincarnations of abused saintly women again.

Is anyone else kind of not feeling Rucka's run? I expected it to be a lot better than it is.

Pre-flashpoint they were immortal so it wasn't really an issue.

I like his Year One, but his other series is taking decompression to an entirely new level. It's been like 4 issues and half an issue's worth of content has happened.

Yeah it feels a bit muted. Even when stuff happens I feel like its not happening.

The entire run reads like Rucka's gone full fanboy a la fanfiction.net and is suffering from a severe case of "not muh Diana, Imma fix her and it'll stick this time!"

There is no justification for being this decompressed and slow. There's barely any content.

>not muh Diana, Imma fix her and it'll stick this time!

Yeah, because that shit worked real well before.

This is the cancer killing the industry. If you go back to the silver age, which was one of Wonder Womans best eras ever, you still had shit like O'Neil trying to make her a kung fu detective. But even though she was back with spandex and lassos when that ended they didn't pretend O'Neil's stuff never happened. They instead tried to own it and move past it like adults.

Perez's run didn't do anything other runs didn't elsewhere in the same era but since then it's been nothing but hack after hack putting their vision over what the character needs at that moment.

Outraged about what? None of this is remotely controversial.
Decades ago.

>you still had shit like O'Neil trying to make her a kung fu detective.

That shit was so good. No more Diana crying herself to sleep over Steve, she was kicking ass and doing shit that a liberated woman of her era did and didn't need superpowers. And then it only lasted a little while until DC got scared of a fabricated controversy and backpeddaled HARD to the old status quo in one of the most jarring examples of status quo restoration.

So does the girl who popped Wondy's cherry have any cool powers or anything? Is she still alive? Did she meet her first man and turn straight or something? And how old were they when this went down? Please say like 11.

But Greg Rucka is trying to make the George Perez' status quo.

Brian Azzarello's status quo was ruined by the Finches. Everything good in it was tainted.

You know, I think I'm gonna go and read all of Finches' run.
Just to see exactly how bad they fucked up.
I mean, I've read some issues of it before and it seemed pretty bad... but I think it's time to leap into the fire.

>Rucka goes on to explain that it's important that Diana's first romantic relationship not be with Steve Trevor, otherwise her drive to leave Themyscira would be motivated by love rather than sacrifice, which he explains "takes away her heroism."
Well, there you go. Random cooz is a more heartbreaking thing to leave behind than your own mother.

Rucka fetishizes lesbians. I don't have a problem with them, nor with Wonder Woman being bi, but he's really just trying to make his fetish cannon.

Well that makes sense without any men your either homosexual or forced into wizardry the distinction on themescyria would be those who can be in relationships and those who cant.
>important that Diana's first romantic relationship not be with Steve Trevor, otherwise her drive to leave Themyscira would be motivated by love rather than sacrifice
Also makes sense
>That’s a character stating something that’s not impacting the story. I get nothing for my narrative out of that
Funny way of putting it but yeah dont interupt your story to clarify what somebody fucks (on a similar note i like how long they have held off on clarifying that simon baz only comes from a muslim family and is not religious himself they could have slipped it into his rage speech but they decided to go with what worked best.

I really wish rucka was not such an arsehole because he has some good ideas.

Also are there really people that still doubt she fucks chicks she made out with fucking zatanna for fucks sake.

Well loving yeah but i dont think thats the sort of love he is talking about.

When has dc ever played catch up in diversity.

The only place where dc is in any way behind marvel is negroid female heros.

Besides gay wondy is nothing new

And so the cycle continues.

It is true that rucka is a bit of an sjw but very little of what he said here is auctualy wrong.

It just looks like sjw shit at first because of who its coming from.

Yeah alright

but when are DC gonna finally make the leap and catch up with Marvel

when are they gonna

Have Supes and batman get it on?

Yeah, same happened with Gail turning Catman bi. I don't really have a problem with this, though.

I now see why people have been saying that Cred Forums is one of the most tumblr infested board on Cred Forums. Really guys? Why are you actively defending this? This isn't the same Cred Forums I've fallen in love with.

They'll never catch up to Marvel.
There's three threads on Cred Forums today about Marvel's big lesbian breakup.
And my last count had it at eight transgendered characters (mostly X-Men types) in Marvel's history.
And everyone may think Batman's gay but DC can't ring that bell without the ugly Robin's boyshorts conversation.
That's just not going to advance any kind of tolerant or positive agenda.

That's just a "strong female character" thing that always happens these days. If a man impacts her story in ANY way, much less to a positive gain, that progressive branch of the fandom flips their shit.
In fact we saw this back under Azzarello a couple years ago when he came out as "Diana was a natural birth. She has a father". Even though it came with a huge power boost, it was bad. This is the same thing.

Rucka is merely subscriing to the school of thought that says you can't be feminist (much less a feminist *icon*) if you admit anything good might potentially come out of male involvement. At this point that should not be a new idea or a surprise that he's espousing it. Downplaying Steve's effect on Diana's life is a logical consequence of that.

That's every Wonder Woman run. That's why as soon as the writer changes you act like its the last chopper out of Saigon and get the fuck out.

does that mean that lesbianism was magically imbued into the amazons at the creation of their island

>why are you agreeing with a thing that makes sense

We might dislike Cucka, but we don't have to disagree with him just because of it.

>And when you start to think about giving the concept of Themyscira its due, the answer is, 'How can they not all be in same sex relationships?' Right? It makes no logical sense otherwise," he continued. "But an Amazon doesn’t look at another Amazon and say, 'You’re gay.' They don’t. The concept doesn’t exist.
It will once we get Amazons Attack 2 and the rape entity from Brightest Day shows up.

Way too many people here have gargled Rucka's balls over the years for this statement to make any measure of sense.

B-but it doesn't make sense user. People have already pointed that out.

as it turns out in modern times we are finding out that ACTUALLY all of the superheroes are either gay, bi, queer, fag, fruitcake or just whatever

it really makes one think

>They'll never catch up to Marvel.
Do they really need to?

Both of the companies have their share of forced diversity, but I think DC has more diversity characters that are better written, or at least not a cash grab.

>ww is gay
>outrage!
how is this news you morons

Don't forget getting race swapped.

It's only news if you're a complete newfag.

WW spent like 5,000 years on Lesbian Island, of course she's not straight.

They raped men user. Raped.

depends on the canon behind the amazon island

they could have been all straight and loveless

It's their "nigga" in a way.

Only in Azz's goofy elseworld.

Cartoonfags only get WW x Batman influences that doesn't even subtly show the dyke nature of the Amazon.

yuri a shit

They have always been ahead of marvel.

who on earth has an interview about that?is this seriously a thing?
>yes, mr comic book writer, now tell us about wondy's sexuality
Why is that a question people need to have acknowledged? It's a ridiculously small part of her stories.

Its a statment about homsexuality by a sjw yes but in this case he is mostly right.

Even a stoped clock is right twice a day.

Wonder Woman's conception was literally dripping with hints of bisexuality and based off a weird threeway relationship her creator had. Since then, she's been hinted at liking women along with men, but I guess this is just them making it "official"? What I don't get is Rucka here even mentions that Amazons wouldn't have a concept of "gay" or anything since they see sexuality differently, so why would this even be news. Wonder Woman wouldn't identify as anything and he plans on making her true love Steve Trevor anyway... he could have just had her drop a hint about her first kiss or first innocent love being with another Amazonian woman or a human girl while they're in bed and talking about exes together. Don't see the point in taking on some exclusive interview about it. You can't say something isn't a big deal and then go on to make a big statement of it, just say "she likes men and women, end of story."

>Rucka: Wonder Woman is obviously queer

>kindergarden only for girls.

i will no wonder when in the future we will live like fucking saudi arabians where fucking young boys is legal and forced marriage with rape is natural order to breed or get family.

I don't know why sexuality has been put into a pedestal a lot lately. Does it have to take the foreground and center stage in every character's characterization?

>"But an Amazon doesn’t look at another Amazon and say, 'You’re gay.'
>They don’t. The concept doesn’t exist
Well, Muslim men don't rape women then. Sharia states women are subservient to men, they are not people, therefore violently inserting penis into a slut's vagina is not a rape if you view it through a lens of a Muslim man.

We should all strive to be more like Islam, guys!

The ridiculous thing is that it takes the foreground on a metal level, even when it doesn't on the story.

Right now, wondy's story (like always) doesn't focus that much on her sexuality. I wouldn't want a story that focused on her sexuality that much, but if we had one, I'd understand interviewers focusing on it.

But we don't. Why do they focus on it? It's irrelevant.

Who are you and why are being so retarded?

>She's straight, Steve Trevor rescued her from a degenerate lifestyle of Sapphic tyranny and sodomite perversion.

like how Sir Galahad got "rescued" from Castle Anthrax

It attracts a crowd and once that crowd has been integrated with us, we have to deal with that crowd and thier demands

What does that have to do with anything?

Cred Forums, take a chill pill and leave.

If it's a comic that has a premise that revolves around a character's struggle or adventures on his/her sexuality, well, hey, go and have it front and center but Wondy books...jeeez

The Supreme Court forcing all states to accept homosexual marriage is still pretty fresh. LGBT lobby is going to milk their victimhood as long as it'll go before moving on to a new group.

Except for polygamist though, since they're typically conservative and the LGBT are a bunch of hypocrite liberals who only want their pet consenting partners to have government benefits.

Fuck sake, Mormons have had way more violent persecution by the US than fags. They even were forcibly told to change their religious beliefs by the government even after moving all the way to fucking Utah.

You sound cancer.

Cred Forumsmblr take the red pill

It's a voice that sells and gives one loud noise - publicity. It tickles the itch of a society thirsty for "diversity" to the point that everything else had to be sacrifice for this cause.

Coming from Cred Forumsmblr that's a compliment.

Anyone else think it seems really cliche and stereotyping to make the warrior woman and primary DC girl a lesbian?
Like a straight woman can't be a warrior or whatever. It's Xena all over again.

>it's xena all over again
if , by that you mean, that both have taken plenty of dicks, yeah

Neither Xena or Wonder Woman are lesbians though, and Wonder Woman is not being said to be a lesbian here.

I mean a straight woman that the audience forced to be gay because straight women should be mothers and not warriors

I don't remember this bullshit being handed about when Morrison explicitly gave her a female lover six months ago.

Seriously people, it's Wonder Woman. Scissors being her favorite tool has been an open secret since WWII.

Despite everyone freaking out every time a character is made bisexual or "kweer" because of muh diversity, the great majority of hundreds of DC and Marvel girls are still straight and have never been with a woman or attracted to women. That includes big warrior women like Big Barda or Hawkgirl to feminine women like Starfire.

The audience didn't force anyone to be gay, Wonder Woman since the beginning was based off of a sexual deviant dude's fantasy and since then has had hints of liking women along with men. Majority of women in all of every action franchise end up straight so there is no "straight women should be mothers only lesbians can be warriors" stereotype. Star Wars, Star Trek, Lois Lane, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, most recognizable leading women and action women or women associated with action franchise are heterosexual and still not only mothers.

>Queer please
It just doesn't have the same ring to it

You know, I'm okay with Diana having intimate relationships with women. It does make sense, not just because of her living on an island solely populated by women, but her general nature. If there's anyone who could fall in love based on someone's character alone, regardless of gender, it'd be her.

However, downplaying Steve Trevor's involvement in her decision to leave Themyscira is as ridiculous as downplaying Superman's relationship with Lois Lane. No, it shouldn't be her sole reason for venturing out into the world, but it should be a factor.

Xenia was married and had a son. Daughter does not count cause divine intervention. But definitely not lesbian. She and ares had a thing also.

Am actually fine with this. I see his point and where he is coming from and I agree.

Is Wonder Woman N52 worth reading?

Is Wonder Woman Rebirth worth reading?

The problem is the casual audience doesn't know who Steve Trevor is.

I think she's more of a pan sexual than bi. Love is her thing. It doesn't have to be so that she'll have intercourse to have her sexuality cemented but I can see Diana falling romantically in love with anyone.

I read finch wondy. It was mehish/ok.
I read rebirth wondy. MEH.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. A woman who regularily participates in furry bondage vore play is obviously straight as a 2x4.

What a contrived and tangled web he's weaving...

no

no

I know little of Wonder Woman and why she does what she does is always kinda vague to me. Your greentext makes sense though.

If the story is "boy crashes on island of girls, and the girl who finds him leaves with him because of the funny feelings he gives her" that is pretty rubbish and not very heroic. It's just a silly girl making a bad decision and then trying to salvage it.

Leaving the island for noble purpose, then finding some guy, makes her more heroic, absolutely.

>Wrong, wrong, wrong.
trump pls go

EO even alluded to the idea that Amazons don't comprehend it as "lesbianism, we are lesbians," too, cause that's just how they roll

G
N
O
R
W R O N G
R
O
N
G

Where did you hear that? I never said that. Never.

In the Golden Age the Amazons used to enslave men and use them for breeding/labor. There was no rape in Azz's run; just consensual sex followed by non-consensual murder.

So civilized. Unlike those pig headed men and their evil patriarchy!

I always thought they saved shipped wrecked girls and abused woman or something.

>hero is interesting because they are motivated by love (FOR EVERYONE) rather than a sense of duty or a need to atone for mistakes like 99% of heroes
>nope we cant have that lets make her like every other hero
retard

Never cared, but

>There are only women there so they obviously must be all gay

Groundbreaking development

>Yes, Wonder Woman is bi
>It's only barely hinted in the comic anyway so it's not REALLY canon lol

How many times we've been over this?

DUDE

SEXUALITY IS JUST A IDEOLOGY

LMAO

>You're born straight/gay/lesbian/bi/queer/whatever
>No, it's society that makes you straight/gay/lesbian/bi/queer/trans/whatever

So what's the consensus, SJW friends?

When people who will ultimately find themselves in a heterosexual relationship wanted to get in on that sweet oppression self-labeling.

It's kind of interesting that this is the argument we're having now, when Wonder Woman exists because Marsden was a sub who thought loving femdom was the cure for all the worlds problems. If we're going to get all political, let's go all the way back to the beginning. Have Wonder Woman be an unrepentant monarchist who feels that there are superior people, they have a duty to care for the weaker, the weaker have a duty to obey, and physical restraint is the best way of making this dynamic explicit.

desu if I didn't know women were a thing and only ever saw/interacted with men I'd probably end up going gay too if only because it's the only thing I know.

Of course, the moment I saw an actual woman, I like to think I'd realise that I was mostly banging feminine guys and that's what I really wanted.

Maybe it's a bit of both.

I'm glad that, after 75 years, DC has finally made the bloody obvious officially official.

an island full of women not expecting the majority to be gay or at least bi.

I don't know, It could more easily be an allegory for a Republic system in which you submit to a figure you trust for a period of time. She often fights against tyrants who forcibly imprison people, tying her or other people up. The kind of bondage the Amazons practice is "loving submission", another way of saying that being "consent of the governed". That and the fact that she wears a costume based on the US flag.

I've been gay since pre school and never chose to be.

DC didn't. It's just Rucka

Rucka is a kike rat.

Yeah? And the sky is blue.

Only casuals don't know Diana is bisexual. A recent comic even said she had girlfriends back home.

>desu if I didn't know women were a thing and only ever saw/interacted with men

that may apply to Diana

But Rucka seems to forget the Amazons lived on the outside world and even had heterossexual relationships, including the time Hercules fucked them up. They know men, they have been involved with men, and they sure know their sexuality.

Perez managed this way better in the 80s. Some Amazons were lesbians. Some "occupied themselves with other things". Sure as hell there were heterossexual Amazons who simply touched themselves and also assexual Amazons.

"All Amazons must be in a same-sex relationship", as Rucka puts it, is idiotic.

Afaik, only queer people can call each other queer. It's a reclaimed slur.

Yeah, Rucka can call her "queer" because Rucka is a lesbian woman of color

For fucks sake Cred Forums go back to your containment board.

It's funny cause Rucka thinks he's a lesbian

>But Rucka seems to forget the Amazons lived on the outside world and even had heterossexual relationships
Thousands of years ago.

They lived long enough on the outside world to know their sexuality, and there's no reason that ALL of them must turn into lesbians, specially because the only bonus would be emotional, since lesbian sex is basically mutual masturbation.

Every sexual relationship in the Island would be same-sex, of course, but there would be a lot of Amazons not looking for a sexual relationship.

Also, they would still know what is heterossexual and homossexual relationship, unlike what Rucka says about the concept of being gay not existing for them.

Wait a minute, time doesn't matter in this case, unless someone thinks that gender is some sort of a construct, that can be forced on people by others.

>finch wondy

...is a fucking crash course on shit writing.

He also doesn't distinguish between sexual relationship and afetuous relationship. If some Amazons "turn" gay because of sexual needs, it doesn't mean they change their sexual orientation, only their sexual behavior. It's like prison homossexuality that is always mentioned in these threads. Most of the guys who "turn gay" and have gay sex don't exactly start being attracted to men or seek homossexual relationships. Just buttsex in prison because it's the only sex they can get.

>"not muh Diana, Imma fix her and it'll stick this time!"
Thats like every single Wonder Women writer.
She went from what...
Lesbian Bondage Deviant
to
Token Female of Truth
to
Mystic Hunter of Legends
to
lots of shit, because there has been lots of WW writers

REEEEE WONDER WOMAN x BATMAN WILL FOREVER BE OTP

I don't read Wonder Woman comics but I thought all the Amazons were lesbians. Why is this shocking?

DUDE I'M A BLACK LESBIAN LMAO

Because they had to go about is so roundabout and trying to make it political

>Pansexual
That's not a thing, Tumblr.

What did they do with the shipwrecked men? Death by snu snu?

You know those cops and firemen Daredevil's talking about on this page don't do their jobs for the sake of Steve Trevor's cock, right?

Is that Black Widow or who?

Firemen and cops only have one job. Heroes like Daredevil have a job, and then fight crime in their afterhours.

>read Rucka's first WW run
>it sucks
>WW Rebirth happens
>feel interested, maybe Rucka has improved since
>read this

Next thing he's going to reveal Wonder Woman is into BDSM as well.

>queer
I hope it won't take that long before straight&white americuck can safitly say 'nigger' word, or 'sand nigger'

Wait, wasn't Ares her fucking dad?

Wonder Woman likes girls, but since she learned how awesome cock is she can't let go of them.

The problem is that WW only want the mightiest of the cocks. So no Joe from the convenience store. You need to be considered a World's Finest to be able to score a date with her.

Pansexual just takes into account things beyond the gender binary.

Zeus is.

I'm talking about Xena; The user said her and Ares had a thing, but i thought she was his daughter.

Oh whoops.

>There's three threads on Cred Forums today about Marvel's big lesbian breakup.
They are just best friends.

>WW is gay

I, for one, am more than ok with this.

It's a hard world to be a fan of /u/ in.

Fighting while pregnant is usually a bad idea

Both. Sexuality is a complex matter.

>mfw reading Under the Banner of Heaven

We should have wiped out the damned polygamists to the last child when we had the chance.

Sgt. Alvez, from Rucka's Punisher run.

I feel like if you're gonna do a story where you replace a long-stnading character's gender, the story of her development was probably a good instance of it. She's trained under Frank for quite some time, and we're given the excuse of "Frank's in prison for a real long time" to give way for her to take up the mantle.

Shame Rucka's a moron, though.

I could believe Diana being Spartan Gay (IE willing to hook up with your best pals because it's just how their friends do it) but implying she's completely homosexual in a society that doesn't think too hard about the topic is asinine

shut up

good thing that's not what it's implying

I had no problem when Morrison did this but from Rucka it just seems corny

I thought she loves everyone.

What construct? There's only 2 genders, unless you're born an actual hermaphrodite, everything else is mental illness.

I WANT OFF THIS RIDE!

KEEP THIS MARVEL SHIT OUT OF SUPERIOR DC.

>>"They would, I think, like any business, prefer this not be an issue to anybody. But most of us human beings would also really rather this not be an issue for anybody anymore. It is what it is. This is how the Amazons live."
KEEP IT THAT WAY.

Faggots.

Why is Rucka such a tremendous faggot bitch?

That's not what people mean by gender being a construct.

Sorry I misinterpreted the post then. But you get what I mean right? Just because I like to fuck both men and women doesn't mean I'm some fucking fairy tale gender I'm a male who happens to like cocks and pussy.

And more power to you for it. You, sir, are more free than you can know.

Correct. Social constructions of gender really only refer to normie meme arrows.
>dolls are for girls, guns are for boys
People going around inventing new sexes and claiming it's not a disorder are doing their own special snowflake performance art. I think Rucka is just saying the islanders like to have relationships and sex but have limited options, so they're functionally queer. It's such a nothing issue.

>Fuck sake, Mormons have had way more violent persecution by the US than fags
Well yeah, but they're terrorist through and through. Their elders even had their young congregation members castrate so that they could claim a bigger share of teenage brides for themselves.

>It's such a nothing issue.
It's also been consistent for the past 20 or 30 years.

But in the age we live in, everyone's a fucking newbie so all this shit has to be repeated.

Hey, did you guys know Northstar is gay? The X-Men finally have a gay character, for the first time ever!

There are not more than two genders (unless you're thinking of hermaphrodites, which is so small a group that creating a new term for people attracted to them is not warranted).

>the people of Themiscyra don't define their sexuality with the heternormative terms of "man's world."
Themiscyra confirmed for tumblr.

Rucka's such an ass. They're not queer just have no choice dollars to donuts sais introduce men on the island and 99% of them would go for the dick.

I think a lot more of gender roles are biologically determined than people admit. Boys play with guns because they have more aggression for hormonal reasons, not cause GI Joe brainwashed them. Even parents who raise their kids 'gender neutral' and with no access to pop culture find girls gravitate to pink and boys to blue. Maybe it has something to do with pussies being pink so women have used pink to attract mates for thousands of years so they gravitate towards it in clothing. And maybe boys like blue because their natural ambition and desire for exploration makes them want to conquer the seas and skies. There was a famous case of a boy who lost his penis due to a botched circumcision so they raised him as a girl, figuring gender was a social construct. And he naturally gravitated towards stereotypical male things anyway. Gender is not a social construct. It is mostly biologically determined. There are only two genders regardless of what Mark Zuckerberg tells you.

No he is literally right.
She was able to say she loved Hades even under the lasso's compulsion because she does. She loves everyone.

There is a heck of a lot of toxic masculinity in this thread.

As soon as Diana saw Bruce, as a mortal, willing to fight to the death for what he believes in, she did everything in her power short of raping him to get his dick, and every time he refused she would gives Supes pity sex to get herself out of heat.

she left that island to get dick

What I find more interesting about Diana's playing field of Amazon partners is that, depending on the origin being used, she was raised by all these women with them as basically her adopted aunts. They raised and cared for Diana as a baby, a child, a young women. Then they started sleeping with her when she hit puberty.

Do you think any of these women while tongueing Diana's fartbox ever stop and say "wasn't that long ago that I was diapering this fine ass"?

All of Diana's lovers are a buncha damn incest-pedos.

maybe its magic purple ray tech science parthenogenisis. maybe amazons with dicks have sex with amazons with uteruses.

are they born with dicks? do they make them with purple rays? do they pray and get magic dicks from artemis/aphrodite? robot magic dicks from hephastus? does it matter, really?

for that matter, since they were sequestered of for so long and altered by the gods for superpowers anyway, why would they even need normal human genitals, or methods of reproduction.

doesnt really affect their stories much, unless a villain wants to steal the magic dicks/purple ray parthenogenesis machine for a plot point. i could see circe doing that, or joker.

Sex and gender are two different things, cock-nose.

Queer in non-pejorative use is just the catch-all term for any kind of sexual or gender deviation from the traditional norm. Whether it's pragmatic, genetic or a personal choice isn't relevant. He's specifically not saying they're lesbians.

how else do you think we grew these wonderful breasts

Isn't she married to a reporter?

And has literally never been hinted at being gay?

>Unironically referring to 'toxic masculinity'

>Even parents who raise their kids 'gender neutral' and with no access to pop culture find girls gravitate to pink and boys to blue
This is categorically untrue. Up until a hundred years ago pink had the boy color and blue the girl color. That's one of the few things about the gender divide we 100% know is completely arbitrary.

They were synonyms before cultural Marxists started abusing the language to promote their sociological pseudosciences.

Mate, read what he said. He's agreeing with you. He's basically saying: of course Diana has munched some carpets, she lives on an all-female island, but that's not a big deal and there is no reason to make a big deal out of it unless it's relevant to the story, which has never been.

Biologists, have made a distinction for a century. I'm sorry you're threatened by any education beyond "ditch-digger."

user, you're just making me more aroused.

>expecting someone who unironically fears the sjw boogeywomyn to be able to parse basic english

When will "faggot" become acceptable?

> Rucka: Wonder Woman is obviously a faggot

This myth seems to have developed from a misprint in a magazine from 1918 which flipped the traditional gender-color associations. However books published prior to that affirm the pink for girls/blue for boys theme.

EVERYONES A FAG OR A NIGGER OR A MUSLIM

>or muslim
sand nigger spotted

SHUT UP!

My GOD, Rucka is such a sexist fucktard

That's Lois Lane.

No, the distinction was made up in 1955 by John Money (the same huckster responsible for the raising of David Reimer as a girl due to a botched circumcision, leading to his suicide). His kooky fringe pseudoscience was not taken seriously until the '70s when drug-addled hippies took over academia.

>>or muslim
>sand nigger spotted
Why won't you go back to Cred Forums before Jews get you?

Wonder Woman was married with Lois Lane?

Whoa.

Not true at all. The distinction was made by some nut job pedophile.

>he didn't know that

Newfag

>pretending sex and dresses are the same thing
You're an idiot.

Is it a surprise to anyone that Amazonians fuck each other? What are you people a bunch of casuals? He explicitly says shes not strictly gay.

Is anyone really pissed at this? I always just thought of it as how it was.

If anything people should be pissed off that DC allowed Az run to be trashed and the Gods no doubt being returned to their boring as fuck designs.

Also redeeming Cheetah. Christ just give her a good villain

Ares?

And how many hits does this story of yours have on fanfiction.net?

And this afternoon I had just read Superman & Wonder Woman: Power Couple.

....so I suppose that I just made up the comic I read today?

Bit torn here since I get the appeal of classic blond, amror Ares but I really liked the Azz take.

I wouldn't mind some classic villains revamped or just Circe back

How many female Punishers are there?

There was one in Edmonton's run (the woman who stabbed him in the end) and now there's a DEA agent being built up as another one in the current run.

And there were at least two in the 80s and 90s, right?

Everyone wants to be the Punisher.

Di is Bi

What the climate like on Themyscira when chicks break up with one another or cheat on their partner?

Except the same shit happens to Ares
>MWAHAHAHA I WILL START THE WAR TO END ALL WARS!
>But then everyone will die and you'll lose your power
>Oh yeah
That's every fucking Ares story. Can't we get one fucking villain who refuses to be redeemed like Joker and sometimes Lex? And is actually a fucking threat?

>including sometimes pure titillation, which I think is the worst reason
So is anyone buying that Rucka isn't at least partially into this for sexual reasons?

They probably have a wrestling match.

But that's the problem here, Rucka does not want the idea of love being a motivation for Wonder Woman wanting to leave Themyscirya.

Which is baffling to me because Superman wanting to save Lois is in part his motivation for Saving Metropolis along with wanting to do good in the world. He has both of those, why can't Wonder Woman have the same?

Because Wonder Woman has the least stable "what is this character" among main DC heroes other than Hawkman. Superman is the guy that wants to help everyone and holds strong morals, Batman is the smart hard working guy that fights out of a sense of vengeance and responsibility but ultimately holds himself to similar standards, each Flash and Green Lantern is consistent to themselves, Martian Manhunter is the stoic guy that loses a lot of fights, etc. While they waver around, those tend to be at least the basis of characterization. Wonder Woman in comparison has jumping around in what motivates her.

So was Martson when he created her, so it's just keeping to tradition.

Because god forbid the Amazons are just badass women like they are in mythology who like cock just as much as the average female.

Is this really the only way writers like this can think of to make female characters interesting?

Lol @ this trending on twitter

The whole "there is no gay on an island with all men or all women" but I don't think of the amazons of themyscira to be that isolated with the rest of the world. Are there also no animals for them to study?

Also for fucks sake everyone wants to write about Wonder Woman's sex life and everyone wants to read it so just get it over with DC.

Diana bones the DC universe.

>She has the least stable "what is this character" among DC Heroes.

This is not an excuse for anything, other than a fault of bad writing which permeates all Comic Book characters written in stories that extend past their years.

What you are literally arguing is an outlier.

>why can't Wonder Woman have the same?
Because she has to be a strong independent woman who don't need no man

This.
This right here is DC's problem here.
They can't seem to competently portray female sexuality without sexualizing the hell out of their female characters.
It's demeaning and they don't seem to even understand that part of it.

Do comic people seriously not know Diana is bi in 2016? I thought only Linda Carter exclusive WW fans thought she was straight.

Those people think that it's SJW pandering

There was that one Mafia wife that blew her brains out while fucking him that I think counts...

BASED RUCKA DOING THE L O R D'S WORK

>heternormative terms

Well, if any of the amazons where pregnant when they went to the island, it's not unreasonable to think that some of them may have been assigned male at birth in a traditional society, but since everyone on the island is female/identifies as female, those "male children" would have just been raised as women.

So then you have amazons with dicks.....and they have magic on the island, so lets just assume that via magic, these amazons with male genitalia
>develop female secondary sexual characteristics,
but also
>can impregnate other amazons

I'll roll with that.

The only thing annoying me is that there seems to be almost no one pointing out how this isnt news in the slightest

but you have to understand

its actually ok when DC does it

It's still controversial in the gay community, a lot of people still fucking hate the term and the people trying to "reclaim" it.

What the fuck, Etta Candy wasn't fat in the New 52 either? What did they have against fat women?

Dont read the finch run

I'm......i'm trying to help you user.
dont do it.

Now....i LOVED Azz's Wondy, and i dont know why all of that had to be retconned so heavily.
get rid of everything Finch, but i think most or all of the Azz lore could have remained.

/thread

If you read comics you would know DC has been doing this shit since the 80's and way before Marvel jumped on the social justice wagon.

>except necks
What's the most recent neck compilation?

But she didn't love Steve in the beginning it's just a crush.

Did people really not know this? I'm sure she's straight up said she's had girlfriends in the past before.
>proving once again that Cred Forums doesn't actually read comics

Name 5 female characters that Rucka hasn't written as 'queer'

Protip: you can't

Did you read the thread, user?

>Heroes like Daredevil have a job, and then fight crime in their afterhours.
That's why they only exist in comics and cartoons. People who can run businesses, train like a Navy Seal, learn a dozen languages, etc. AND fight crime on the streets all night and fly across continents battling terrorist armies only exist in fantasy worlds.

this isn't up to date

>I won't write her in a lesbian relationship in the comics, but if you ask me? Yeah, she's bissexual
>Somehow this is different from the other 20 times writers have done this

>live on island completely inhabited by only 10/10 amazonian goddess tier wonder women obsessed with combat
>literally sounds like the plot to the best lesbian porn ever made.
you try living on Themyscira for even 5 minutes and not wanting to lick perfect amazon pussy

This, to be honest. Fighting for loved ones is more heroic than just because of MUH LOSS.

>pure titillation

ugh pls stop

She's a superheroine known as Eighth Wonder, who has 7 miraculous superpowers (Seven Super Feats, She's the Eighth Wonder, get it?)
She too eventually settled down in man's world.

Literally the best thing Japan has ever done.

I never care when a writer changes something with Diana, because the next one just gonna change it again and so forth.

>tfw I have been fine with bissexual Wondy since I've known her
>now Cucka does what has always been done and suddenly it's a groundbreaking revelation
>all while he gives the most retarded explanations, like "needing" that so the reason she leaves the Island isn't falling in love with man, even though this has been done better in Perez' run (tournment before Steve crashes) and even in the New 52 she already wanted to leave the Island, and now she clearly has a bigger crush on Steve than in both versions so his point doesn't even happen
>Every SJW praising him for this crap
>But they will never give her a girlfriend anyway so it was just retarded PR

I fucking hate it now

>ugh, don't stop, don't stop, fuckfuckfuck oh please don't stop!
Fixed it for you

They're not diversity characters in dc, they are just...characters

Diana is the krypton of people.

Well there has been a couple of unstances when a character was out on a team for diversity reasons *cough*cyborg*cough* but even then they are very much treated like any other team member.

Dident rucka once say he thought of himself as female but that somehiw did not make him a transexual.

Its a shame he is such a fuckhead because he has some good ideas i even agree with most of what he said in this interview even if its not news at all especially what he said about diana not leaving the island for love.

Yeah.
I mean you would get some people who turn to homosex because its the only sex available but that does not really make them gay.

I imagine those who find they cannot even enjoy that get jealous of those who do and those who do get jealous of the auctual homosexuals for having real relasionships.

>It’s two-fold. I’ve said this before and people don’t actually take me seriously when I say it – there’s that joke about being a male lesbian, but I female-identify, and I always have since I was very young. I am not transgendered; I’m not looking for gender reassignment. I clearly have more testosterone flowing through me than most men need, and you can tell just by looking at me. I’m comfortable with my maleness, but for whatever reason the way I’m wired, I have always female-identified. Now, that does not equate to writing women well.

Most of the powerful female mages are bisexual they can create the greatest cocks.
Zatanna especially is known to overuse her magic for trivial things and nightmare nurse is a sex adict.

just posting in this thread to remind you that there's nothing wrong with being gay

Because Morrison just did it, he didn't make a press statement about it.

The press release was about BBC Steve instead

I know you contrarians love to hate him, but seriously no one ever read his Wonder Woman Earth 1?

He pretty much dealt with all the sexual and gender shit like it was merely world-building. Of course Diana was into girls, we're talking about a society, and societies can't exist without a sexual component to them. She's also into men because, like it or not, sexual preferences are not necessarily stable. Cred Forums is plagued with guys who likes traps, these kinda thing happens.

Also, the guy who created Wonder Woman intended her to be bisexual. He was a psychiatrist who shared a lover with his wife and was into bondage and shit.

I truly don't understand why should this even be a matter of controversy. Any other way of writing the character would be stupid.

>I know you contrarians love to hate him

Fuck, I meant Morrison.

Rucka is a faggot who wishes he was a hot lesbian instead of a fatass dude.

Every comic he writes is wish fulfillment for his fetish. In each issue of Wonder Woman, Rucka is Wonderwoman, he's imagining scissoring with those women, his mounds of flubber wrapping around them.

He's a disgusting faggot.

>>"For my purposes, that’s bad writing," Rucka said of what he calls "the Northstar problem" - needing a character to state their sexuality outright for it to be considered valid. "That’s a character stating something that’s not impacting the story. I get nothing for my narrative out of that in almost any case. When a character is being asked point blank, if it’s germane to the story, then you get the answer. But for me, and I think for Nicola as well, for any story we tell - be it Black Magick, be it Wonder Woman, be it a Batman story - we want to show you these characters and their lives, and what they are doing."

Bendis btfo

I know, I fucked up big time and forgot to mention I was refering to Grant Morrison.

yuck.

I kinda thought the point of Wonder Woman was simple; live on an island being told the evils of man's world, suddenly a man arrives, she finds him curious and wants to venture fourth into his world and explore, develops a love for man's world and its inhabitants, her heroism and love being tools to help guide man's world into a better place.

Right, but now we know she loves eating pussy. So progressive and makes for a much more interesting character and story.

But the fact that Wonder Woman grew up on an all female island kind of implied that notion. Isn't Rucka doing exactly what he just lobbied against doing by making Diana bisexual?

B-but...it's progressive.

>Fat SJW's in comics
No

But WHY?
I don't see a reason for her to be a lesbian. If anything this implies she's more prison gay than actually gay. Besides I found the original story far more heroic and makes sense. She's more accepting of outside ideas than her peers. And sees the good in her fellow man. And is willing to put her life on the line to learn about the world of man and improve it for a brighter tomorrow. Falling in love with a man only strengthens that ideal not damage it.

At least that's my interpretation of her reasoning for leaving her home into a strange unknown and possibly barbaric world of man.

Ugh
Just... No

She's not gay, just bi. The article title is click bait. Literally nothing has changed in 75 years.

at least read the fucking article.

>article says she didn't leave because of love but to save the world
>post disagrees with that particular statement saying it's both desire to save the world AND love
At least read the fucking post.

Those are Wonder Woman's people you shitlord! Next I suppose you'll have a problem with WW raving with pink haired tattoo covered girls with nose, tongue piercings and large ear gauges.

TURN THIS TITLE OVER TO BASED CHO INSTEAD AND SAVE US FROM THIS KEKOLDRY

So... Diana is a queer woman in a homonormative society who's just finding out that guys exist and yeah, she could get into that? Sounds like a fun wrinkle on the realization/coming out story, just hope it won't somehow become the A plot.

that's Etta Candy you casual cancerous chode. She's been a fatass SJW since Golden Age.

I thought this was obvious and don't know why Cred Forums is sperging out over it, but I feel like since Bubbeline and Korrasami they've gone full retard on anything remotely gay between girls.

Diana grew up with women. She has a sexuality. Sexuality works different on Paradise Island. She's fucked girls. Now she's discovering guys and has no concept of "straight" or "gay" but she wants to fuck Steve Trevor too and men are a novelty to her. This is basically her story from the get go.

Welcome to Wonder Woman. This is the norm, not the exception. What, you thought Simone liked her just so she could get nerd cred or some dumb shit like that?

Which raises the question what they do when a son is born.

No!!! He isn't gay, he is just elvish. -John Byrne

Well, it is supposed to be based of classical greek culture... only without men and little boys

I don't see what the big triggering over here is about. Diana has pretty much been hinted to always have been bisexual due to her upbringings and it's not a big deal or something she cares about.

Why does anyone mind when it's obvious that Greg Rucka's obsessively been OTP-ing Steve Trevor/Diana for over a decade now? Her bisexuality isn't getting in the way of the fact that they're obviously meant to be together and he's the one that changes her life.

And yes, he is still a cisgendered, heterosexual white male red-blooded US vet. So overall, I'm cool with it.

I love this moment here. The Amazons take pity on Steven's condition and Diana, being a complete stranger, comforts him when he realizes his friends are dead and he's the only survivor. Honestly this is one of the super powered/normie ships that always worked for me. That doesn't change if Diana has munched some rugs in the past. I'm sure Steve has as well.

See, wasn't the point of the Amazons that they have subservient men instead of the reverse.

It's not like Amazon had NO men. Just strong women.

Making muffdiving the norm is hilarious.

That's mythological Amazons, not DC's Amazons. They have no man at all in DC's version

In (most of the versions of) the mythological tale, Hercules fights Hyppolita, defeats her and than takes her girdle. In DC's tale, Hyppolita defeats Hercules, who than tricks them and rapes them all with his men, to later being damned by the gods for millennia because of it while, this way, making Captain Marvel being powered by literally rapist strength

That isn't true though.

tons of different stories has the DC Amazons have men.

Since the underlying theme of Wonder Woman was Femdom, I like the idea of Amazonian men.

It adds more dynamic that the piss poor dykeland it sort of represents.

Also DC's Hercules is trash

please don't say cisgender...only assholes say that.

>Wonder Woman isn't racebent or trans or suddenly made fat
>Steve Trevor is still white blond army dude
>Wonder Woman is still in love with Steve Trevor
>She's also been with women in the past and as her formative sexual experiences

Wow, literally nothing changed and people are having retarded panic attacks in my looser friend circle when anyone who has read her comics knows Rucka and Simone already did this before as well as Jiminez hints. Literally who gives a shit, this changes nothing and I'm happy for that.

Etta Candy was racebent as black but no body cares about her meanwhile Steve was kept the way he is despite winning over the feminist icon. I'm all good.

It's obviously tongue in cheek since it just means "he's a man" but in the way that a certain loud minority hates men to be.

So what does this mean?

She fuck horses, centaurs, Minotaurs and other non human beings?

Because it makes Wonder Woman from a Femdom personality to a Queer Personality.

As much as people think, Women don't actually all turn gay if you leave them around alone.

In fact the reverse happens, they start competing for all the men around harder.

It just reeks of pandering to trannies and other queer rejects instead of keeping Wonder Woman true to her designs.

As far as I remember, post-crisis Amazons were female only, having left the human world after the whole Hercules thing
And pre-crisis wasn't there a plot point saying that no man could stand on Temyschira, otherwise something really bad would happen? I remember a letter addressing an Amazonian male in the first Teen Titans (the original, not the new) issue, and the author admitting they fucked that up

As far as I'm aware queer is something different from gay

No I don't know how it works either, I'm just repeating what someone else told me

It still acts like a very piss poor idea. But then again, this is coming from a climate where everything to do with feminism and women is somehow tied to the LGBTBBQBYOBB crowd.

It's like, have people ever thought of a group of Warrior women who perhaps don't munch carpet?

This is entrenched in her history though. And she's not turning gay, Rucka is saying she's just definitely been with women before. Marston and his wife regularly fucked a girl together and he wanked off on watching his wife get dominated by their third partner as well as getting dominated himself. Bisexuality was always in the DNA of the entire perverted creation, sorry.

BDSM, Femdom, and "Queer"ness are kind of inextricably tied together in the inception of their scenes in the US, especially during Marston's time and the time Wonder Woman was created (also on the tail end of Psychopathia Sexualis and other works that documented BDSM and bisexuality under the same breath). It doesn't change her personality to anything. If it slightly ruins your jerkoff material I don't really give a shit.

I don't care about Marston's sexual life.

Wonder Woman displayed no real Queer ideas, Just because Marston's sexual life did doesn't mean everything was reflected in Wonder Woman.

The idea that Femdom needs to be a little Queer shows just how stupid you tumblr dykes are.

Queer is an umbrella term, somewhat reclaimed from the slur that used to be thrown specifically at gay men and trannies. But it is mostly not used like, ever, anymore, to denote exclusive gayness.

So gay people usually don't call themselves that. It's more of a catch all for people who do screw around with the same gender but not exclusively and want to feel too special for the word bisexual. Pansexual became too passe.

A situation of being raised with nothing but the same gender and never being exposed to the opposite gender is a lot different than going to prison or an all-girl's school. It's completely different. The Amazonian concept of sexuality has 0 influence from our society or standards, while women in prison and women in private colleges still grow up in the same world we do.

No one is saying the Amazons are exclusive lesbos, they literally are just rarely exposed to men so some probably fuck around with each other instead and it's normal. I went to BM and it was pretty normal to know girls were hooking up with each other but weren't necessarily gay at all.

If a bunch of men came on Paradise Island I'm sure plenty of the Amazons would hop on their dicks and no one's really denying that.

Cool it retardo, you're talking about Wonder Woman's "creation" constantly then discard things her creator flat out went on record saying influenced him in making her and her obsession with loving submission.

She's not being made into some "queer" character, she's literally still "muh otp" in a very heterosexual romance that Rucka is writing out with her, most writers that matter see her as soulmates with Steve Trevor, and her major subplot exploring her romantic feelings and sexuality will be through him. That's not some big change.

You're just autistic and angry over this and think tumblr invented women experimenting with women and men experimenting with men I guess so no real point in talking to you. Anyway, good luck with life little retardo, I hope you get a good nap in later.

As long as we get an arc where Diana and Midnighter slut their way through a bunch of gay bars I'm good.

I'm straight but think you sound out of touch and overreacting to something that isn't even surprising to most people and fits fine with the character as long as they keep her with Steve. Like I don't get it are you upset that a very heterosexual femdom fantasy you enjoy might be impeded by "tumblr" people gaying femdom up? I want to tell you to kill yourself but I won't because I'm nice. You should, though.

>grew up on an island with no men
>surprised she fucked women
How retarded can you be? It makes perfect sense, kinda like guys fucking in prison because there are no women around. Think about the opposite, if there was an island populated only with men and they didn't even know women exist, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't stay celibate for the rest of their lives.

>Now, that does not equate to writing women well.
AS HIS OWN BOOKS HAVE FUCKING PROVEN.

You know what Spartans did to weak children?

t. cuck

ate them because they didn't know how to grow food for shit?

Ahahahahahahahhaagahga. Are you fucking serious m8?

Wonder Woman in the golden age was the queerest thing since 3 dollar bills

Shit was full of bdsm, baby parties, bisexual subtext, weird ass body fetishes and literal sexual propaganda.

>rape is natural order to breed or get family.
All children will be grown in labs.

I find your use if the word literal problematic. Please edit your post. This forum is a safe space.

Wonder Woman was created by its original author and his wife, the character was pretty much their bedroom fantasy in a superhero form. So she was a BDSM-addict from the start, living in an island filled with women. Kinky lesbian shit is almost mandatory at that point. Of course the modern SJWs try their hardest to pretend the BDSM-aspect away from her character.

You know what. I don't care about that but Rucka is an insufferable cunt. His book is just the 7th retread on the character the 3rd in like a decade. I just want him off the book at this point.

Those are normal things to fantasize about, and I don't understand how wanting to be a female lesbian could make a male person a faggot

So why is she not bisexual?

>Wonder Woman displayed no real Queer ideas, Just because Marston's sexual life did doesn't mean everything was reflected in Wonder Woman.
get the fuck out of here bitch

I feel uncomfortable with you guys sexualizing wonder woman. That's reserved for wonder loli.

> Reading this thread

> Discover they recotconned Azz lore. The only good thing about WW 52

> Well more importantly confirmed for queer.

WW will never be an interesting character again.

>Wonder Woman displayed no real Queer ideas

She tied or got tied up by other women a lot though.

Is wonder loli a lesbian?

No

This is the supreme irony and a fitting insult to that degenerate fuck who peddled ideological sexual propaganda to children.

His vision of loving Femdom has been usurped by contemporary "Queer" culture (as interpreted by fat balding nu-males). Men are irrelevant in it.

The trick is that Marston always expected men to be kept in the loop. Dude lived a polygamous lifestyle with two wives - one "breadwinner" and one "homemaker" (to balance out the perceived problems of "equality" caused by childbirth). He preached female supremacy and empowerment but he always expected men to remain part of the relationship.

It's been the word for "nonstandard sexuality" for a long time. Gay is more specific.

>Not knowing an iconic WW character and complaining about her appearance in a WW book
>whining about SJW's appearing in the comic about the fucking figurehead superheroine for feminists

> Ruck admits being gay is a choice

Ayyyyy lmao

>Implying Amazons are the same as normal humans

I always thought women on that island were lesbian half-godness'es by defolt and only after meeting other man, WW may or may not start to feel something about man, like sups or bats.

>This nigga doesn't know who Etta Candy is
Wew Wew Lad.

80s
>Some Amazons are heterossexual and choose chastity
>Others just masturbate
>Most are prison gay or were already lesbians

2010s
>ALL Amazons MUST be lesbians and there's no other way because HETERONORMATIVE SOCIETY AND OTHER BUZZWORDS

>adjusting people's words to fit your ragepost

The fact is that sexuality is a spectrum.
Most everyone is slightly bisexual but remains heterosexual because of social norms

At this point 'buzzwords' are just 'words I don't understand/like'

Aren't you supposed to be dead, Dr. Wertham?

Nothing wrong with paraphrasing

>"And when you start to think about giving the concept of Themyscira its due, the answer is, 'How can they not all be in same sex relationships?' Right? It makes no logical sense otherwise"

>tfw you're a 0
yes, most everyone.

Azz's stuff was already ruined beyond repair, Rucka's just making a clean break. And when have Wondy and the Amazons not been queer?

Am I in the fucking twilight zone? HOW IS SOMETHING WE ALREADY ALL KNEW NEWS

>Bisexual character gets called everything but bisexual
I'm not surprised anymore.

This pisses me off too. A lot of people seem to be thinking she's a lesbian because of that.

atleast she didn't get blacked.

Honest this is the issue. "Bi" is just a way of making a character full gay without explicitly saying so.

You're missing a key element, it's used in the other direction also: Marvel's Hercules (the Avenger) was rectonned straight as an arrow, and honestly what's more gay than the Greek that invented oiled-up nude wrestling?
That was a huge slap in the face of LGBT fans, and now that the X-Men's Iceman has come out as gay there's a freakin' campaign on the X-threads of trolls demanding he be immediately retconned as bi, as if that wasn't an obvious rollback effort.
And these things historically aren't going in both directions: the Comic's Code Authority censored anything gay in comics for decades, most gay characters were *wink-wink* gay because of that and now there's a hypocritical complaint that characters are coming out of the closet.
As if there was ever any choice but to hide WonderWoman's "Lesbos" roots?

>"Bi" is just a way of making a character full gay without explicitly saying so.
You're obviously not actually reading the current run then.
>in past story she wants Steve's dick
>in present story she wants Steve's dick
Yup, totally 100% a lesbo now.

>Has been attracted/in relationships with characters of the opposite sex
>god, why are they trying to make these characters bi when they are obviously gay

What kind of self-respecting white person still reads comics from DC and Marvel? You whites think you are above identity politics and race? Because you aren't.

Yeah, the thing that this bullshit argument always intentionally ignores is the reality that there are other motivations to pursue a hetero-normal relationship beyond actual physical *lustful* attraction.
Way to think inside the smallest box you can find fella.

>he's too young to remember Trevor
I'm still mad at Jimenez for the dumb shit, and that's way before all this cuckposting.

That dude came out of fucking nowhere, and Diana was all over him for some odd reason. Then Jimenez straight up says he's just trying to write a fanfic where Diana loses the V-card. Shit was like reading through a fucking cinemax "movie" and my dumb ass went down to my comic shop at the time and bought it like the dumb fucking asshole I was.

Didn't queer use to mean strange or odd?

Jimenez run was basically what Rucka is doing now: fanfic to "fix everything" and "make the definitive run"

Which is funny because Rucka destroyed what Jimenez did back then, quite literally with Hera flipping "New Themyscira"

NU52 WW needed fixing, though.

DC needs fucking fixing, someone needs to take the editor out back and shoot him.

Before the 50s, yes. I read alot of Lovecraft and Orwell, and "queer" shows up a lot to mean exactly that.

Probably about the same time "colored" and "people of color" became the vogue to refer to any non-white, whether they like it or not.

Because, apparently, the best way to fight discrimination is by resurrecting outdated, racists terms to divide people into categories even further.

>DC needs fucking fixing
It's almost like they need a rebirth innit?

>"colored" and "people of color" became the vogue to refer to any non-white
Actually "people of color" is the acceptable term, whereas "colored" is deemed offensive. Benedict Cumberbatch had to apologize last year for using the latter expression.

It's one of the dumbest things about current year logic I've ever seen.

Cred Forums needs fixing. So many tumblrcunts eating this shit up. Meanwhile shits unreadable for long term fans.

He never said she didn't like dick, just that she would also find women attractive and sexually appealing.

On a purely linguistic level, one phrasing implies artificiality while the other is purely descriptive, then there's the fact that generally the more offensive term is used exclusively for one race while the other is a general term for a broad range of minorities, also that offensive term was popularized in an era of open distain and contempt for that race and the cultural connection has been made by way of it's typical usage to now link that phrasing in people's perception to past racial hostility.

It's like Pepe the Frog, that meme didn't start out as a racist symbol, there's still often no intention of racist intent in it's use, but the NeoNazis have forever linked their cause to that symbol by popularizing the connection in the public mind.
So now whenever you post that stupid frog image you're propagating a message of racism, regardless of your intent.
The same thing happened with the swastika, which existed before the Nazis but is now always going to be connected to them and their hateful cause.

I don't think they needed Rebirth to begin with.

Gay use to mean happy

and bland under your writing, Mr. Rucka.