Krypton is bullshit

Has DC ever tried to explain the bullshit behind the destruction of krypton?
>Why did the planet just explode?
>Why haven't other planets in the DC universe exploded?
>Why did no other alien races try to save the kryptonians when their planet was exploding? Or is krypton like Atlantis (historical, not DC) in that it was destroyed very quickly before anyone could even notice?
>Also, how was the entire population of krypton on the planet when it exploded? Were there no kryptonians in other parts of the universe at that time?
>What happened to the Daxamites?
These are questions that need to be answered.

Other urls found in this thread:

scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/5967258.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah just recently with Omega Men go read it

Geological instability. Generally portrayed to be the Kryptonians fault somehow.
See above. Kryptonian's fault.
>Why did no other alien races try to save the kryptonians when their planet was exploding? Or is krypton like Atlantis (historical, not DC) in that it was destroyed very quickly before anyone could even notice?
The Green Lantern Corp sent Tomar-Re to stabilize the planets core, but because the Kryptonians were assholes he had to do it in secret and couldn't finish the job in time.
>Also, how was the entire population of krypton on the planet when it exploded? Were there no kryptonians in other parts of the universe at that time?
Kryptonians were insular and xenophobic, they didn't like to be off-planet.
Doing quite well on Daxam. Independent colony, weren't really affected by the explosion.

All your questions have been answered at some point. Do your research.

OP you need to read comics. All of this has been addressed multiple times.

Omega Men merely referenced the Tomar Re story, it didn't do anything new

Looks like an open and shit case.
Take em away, boys.

So basically Krypton is an asshole planet

More hubris than asshole, Daxam is the asshole one (literally only Mon-El, Sodam Yat, and and like one version of Laurel Gand are good people from it)

Why didn't any kryptonians come across a yellow sun and realize they were now very strong?

>Has DC ever tried to explain the bullshit behind the destruction of krypton?

Yes. Many, many times. I can see this thread turning into cancer.

Mogo exploded

pretty much. From what I remember the Guardians didn't even care for em and realized them for they potential threat they were if they ever went full on space exploring, also very much in the camp for leaving them to their own fate similar to the martians.

Yup. And Supes is the ultimate asshole among DC superheroes.

He has always had a holier-than-thou attitude, extremely over-weighted superpowers, and a God complex since he could very well be a god on most planets without a plethora of super-beings.

Also, why don't other aliens get powers under a specific type of sun? Why are kryptonians so special?

So does their solitary nature explain why superman rarely leaves earth? Is it in his nature to stick to one planet like the kryptonians?

>And Supes is the ultimate asshole among DC superheroes.

He's cool in Tommys book and thats all that counts. Batman is the real asshat

If I remember correctly, kryptonians were a war faring race and after going round space, they somehow got confined to Krypton

>Also, why don't other aliens get powers under a specific type of sun?

Don't Tamaraneans get a little powerup? Though only Starfire has bolts because of experimentation

I don't remember if this was ever hinted at in comics or was just an idea from fans, but I always liked the idea that the Kryptonians xenophobia was something instilled in them by the Guardians of Oa. The guardians knowing that if Kryptonians colonized under a yellow sun they'd be an entire race of god-like beings.

>why don't other aliens get powers under a specific type of sun?
At least at one point, Humans would become Superman Tier under a Blue Sun.

Mogo's dead? When?

That actually makes a lot of sense. I wish DC would explore more about the origins and nature of krypton.

That's actually pretty cool

I agree OP and I think they're making a mistake trying to flesh it out on screen when these things still aren't solid in the comic books.

I really like the idea that Despair and the Endless had something to do with it though, just because it invokes the 40k Mythos with Slaneesh being born from the Eradar's homeworld being destroyed. It was an event so violent and fucked up, some crazy universe-breaking things came out of it. The birth of an Endless and Superman.

>OP you need to read comics. All of this has been addressed multiple times.

But it changes too much and no one will settle on any reason, just what the author wants.

Guardians came to conclude there were a few potential large problem species throughout the galaxy early on and resigned to only give them the bare help possible and hope that they'd eventually kill themselves off.
>Kryptionans
xenophobic like all hell and turn into retarded powerhouses when exposed to yellow suns.

Of course there were a few problem species that got away from em and outright became galactic enemies like the Dominators
Guardians monitored em to make sure they didn't get grand ideas about space exploring and hoped they'd kill off each other
>Martians
in their original form reproduced by fire and gave no shits about other lifeforms so the Guardians split em into green and white martians with a fear of fire and hoped they'd kill one another which they did
>Czarians
fuck retarded powerhouses that were short to impossible to kill and could easily reproduce new members with every single drop of blood.
Monitor and leave em be as long as they were mostly peaceful and stayed on their homeplanet.

It doesn't really change much at all. Biggest stuff is culture-based but Byrne was the largest shift there and that sterile Krypton has kind of been stepped away from in most aspects (I think he mainly did it to get the birthing matrix in).

Where's Mon-El's Rebirth?
DC dropping the ball

They answered this.

scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/5967258.html

LoSH Rebirth is coming soon and maybe they'll do some synergy and have him show up because he'll be on Supergirl soon

LoSH Rebirth when? Until a team is announced, I'm calling shenanigans

The big Rebirth one-shot has them coming back, Justice Society as well.

Johns has been saying they're coming second wave with JSA, Atom(s), and Shazam.

So who really knows if it will happen

So in one universe, Supes acted chill for a while. Woo.

Bats, on the other hand, has been waiving the banner of the human race for the entire DC multiverse across time and space for a long while.

But you're probably right. He WAS a bit standoffish there.

he also said Kon was his favorite character

One of their Gods, Rao, decided their planet should die in order to make the surviving handful special.

THANK YOU! I've been saying it in this thread. Where was this? I just read all ten volumes of Sandman and this scene wasn't in them? What it is from?

*saying in this thread the Endless had something to do with it too.

But I've been interested in this because my dream goal is to write for DC and one thing I wanted to do was cover this topic. I don't know what's already been written or covered though, like this scene.

But the idea I had was about Superman's mom. We see so much of Jor-El but not too much of Lara-El. Why is that?

My idea is because while Jor worked on bigger public projects like the Core problem, Lara actually worked for the Secret Projects Division. Top Secret high-science stuff the rest of Kypton was not allowed to know about. Her project was studying the Endless. Sandman was captured before in his own comic, it's plausible that all of them can be captured at once. Long enough to study them and find out what they are.

Because of this, the original Despair died, Delight was turned into Delirium and Destruction left. But they liked Lara and blessed her kid with the chance of surviving. Destiny ushered him to Earth. There is a bigger picture implication for a big superman story I want to tell, but this is the basis of it.

You fucking casual

>one universe
The main one? That Hitman took place in?
Fuck you casual, stop talking out of your ass

Krypton was only just starting to work on Space travel science when the planet exploded. And by Krypton, I mean Jor El, Superman's father.

Because they had no interest in Rocket Science and no interest in exploring the depths of space. Because the last time somebody started examining it too closely, they got invaded by Aliens and came to the conclusion that the universe is full of cunts and they'll have no part of it. So they basically became Croatia.

Clark was literally the first Kryptonian in space, much less the first to be exposed to yellow sunlight.

Sorry that all you can see is what you've personally read. All I can hear from you is

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Casual post is casual

Answered ALL of those questions other than Daxamites.

>Lol AUs are as relevant to the consistent characterization of a character
>Lol why should I have to know what iteration of a character it is to understand how it affects the "personality" of that character I'm making sweeping statements
>Haha le "reeee" ur triggered lmao

>The science behind

Holy shit why do you people ever fucking bother

But the Croatians are cunts

read comic books

I can't stand the notion that Kryptonians are literally the most powerful thing in the galaxy and square that with their actual history tbqh.

Endless Nights, a collection of stories about each of the Endless by various writers and artists.

I misspoke. Gaiman wrote all the stories in Endless nights, but there were different artists for each.

Because they aren't, and they aren't the only ones.

The Malthusians reached for the stars. They gained powers. They spread. They colonized. Then the civilization regressed. Most of the worlds were reduced to barbarism. Whoever was left became the guardians of the universe. Then the guardians kept splitting off and degrading until what you see now is a fraction of what they had.

Space empires in the DCU tend to collapse eventually. Either a new race being ruled revolts, or the machines revolt, or some kind of great disaster burns it all to the ground.

Its fucked up, but krypton exploding was probably the best possible thing for the universe. Billions of supermen/ women flying around the universe with no kryptonite to stop them since krypton never exploded. Better hope you got a red sun in your solar system.

I feel like their should be a tier, senpai. I hate it when Superman just punches out Darkseid too though.

I wish they had a reason that kal and Kara were so powerful. Like maybe because they came from wealthy families and had strong genetic engineering to maximize their potential in yellow sun. It feels just wrong that their were billions of other kryptonians with the same potential.

Stop overthinking it you dumb faggot

>Looks like an open and shit case.
Close the door when you do that, you disgusting idiot.

I hope you never write for DC

Did Superman become less special for you knowing there were billions more of him?

Way too on the nose dude. The reason the thing Gaiman did is good is because from all the terribleness of the destruction of Krypton came one of the universe's greatest symbols of hope, Superman. It's not even very subtle but it's not smashed into your face in some weird conspiracy plot.

>there are many Superman stories about huge numbers of Kryptonians being super and either fucking with or helping Superman as any actual fan of the character knows

No, you faggot, it's that people like you don't really understand or like the character, so you think these little tweaks to the lore will make it better, because you somehow want this hard scifi character to still have the stupidly OP powerlevels, which is far more retarded than it just being that way (not even the most powerful beings by the way Kryptonians are A tier, not S). Also it's simple irony. These incredible beings were unable to stop their devastation just because they were in the wrong solar system. It's not the best irony ever but it's not the worst. Certainly better than an overcomplicated, autistic backstory. Superman is the Man of Tomorrow. Krypton is dead, we don't need to talk about it.

>tfw no writer at DC will write a story where krypton blowing up wasn't an accident, it was a mercy genocide to prevent kryptonians from ever leaving to planets with yellow and blue stars.
Think about it. 1 kryptonian has the power to destroy a galaxy by using 1 star. imagine what a billion of them can do?

>It feels just wrong that their were billions of other kryptonians with the same potential.

Why aren't you Batman, user?

I mean it kinda of detracts from how special they are as heroes when it could have easily been possibly billions of others instead if the circumstances were different.

>I mean it kinda of detracts from how special they are as heroes

Not really since they still are heroes.Even if these Kryptonians had the powers of Superman I doubt they would have the courage to fight what he does. Everybody says he's OP but his villians are incredibly powerful. Even the weaker ones like Metalo and Parasite are tailor made to combat Superman

That has changed a lot over the years usualy something in the core of the planet but the thing that stays largly constant outside of elseworlds is that jor el discivers the place is gonna blow but due to the science councils hubris they refuse to accept it
Im sure others have
There was one green lantern that tried otherwise its because the kryptonians were fucking arseholes in the past
A combination of heavy gravity making leaving the planet dificult and having all gone back to krypton and staying there after there old empire collapsed.
Dunno

I like the current supergirl writers take on krypton i hope they give them a mini to flesh it out or something.

Well there is more to it than that. I was just explaining why I'm interested in it. This is about Superman's big picture and long term story.

I hope you never lose your virginity. At least my dream is realistic.

>just starting their space program
>can immediately send a rocket many light years away in under a year

t. Lex

Didn't Tomar-Re stop to try and help someone else and was blinded as a result and that's why he didn't make it in time to save Krypton?

The Guardians sabotaged him because they knew how powerful they Kryptonians could be.

All they had to do was not make Kryptonians a spacefaring civilization.

Interstellar travel as we understand it is difficult and inefficient and would take so long as to be pointless. It's likely it won't be for many, many years that Earth itself would achieve it. And so it stands to reason that a civilization could be extremely technologically advanced but still not have solved the problem of space travel taking so long even at light speeds.

This would solve two problems for the Krypton myth:

One, that nobody believes the planet is going to explode. Like with global warming, the fact that there's really not much of anything that can be done at this point would make a lot of people go into denial, because they'd rather pretend it's ok than face the fact that they're gonna die.

And two, that Jor-El has a spaceship but only a baby-sized one, and also there just happens to be one other teenager sized one for Kara. These can be early prototypes for warp-drive equipped ships.

Normally I'm not one for the idea of "fixing" essential parts of the mythos like this, but there have been so many attempts to clean up Krypton's story and none of them have worked for me, mainly because they ALWAYS have to have them be a race that have achieved interstellar travel despite that ruining the point of the story.

Two reasons, the first is that when Krypton was first settled, it was a non-rotational world. One side sunward, one side dark. Then some guy saw some other guys playing with lodestone magnets, spinning them while they float. Then he had them dig up all the load stone, arrange it pointing in the right pole-direction, and drag half to the polar north and half to the polar south. And bury it. Soon, the habitable zone began to shift, and the planet rotated. Then everybody forgot about it, even though it was like gripping a orange in both hands and turning both hands in opposite directions. Like ringing a towel.
2- Because comic book logic is an exaggerated telling of real things. Volcanoes explode. All around under a planet is magma. If that was to blow out like a volcano does? If the magma layer core was to be pressurized by the rock pressing down on top of it? All that gravity. Then pop! Like a balloon made out of a spherical volcano.

>Clark was literally the first Kryptonian in space
thats not true, there have been space scouts and there is a whole colony of Kandor on the moon.

>ultimate asshole
>holier than thou attitude
>god complex
Where the fuck did you get any of that?

>All they had to do was not make Kryptonians a spacefaring civilization.
Instead, they had Jax-Ur blow up a moon.

>Lara-El
>tfw this casual doesn't know it's Lara Lor Van

Kal being powerful I can understand. He grew up and developed under the effects of a yellow sun so his body has become a lot more accustomed to it. Plus since he's been under a yellow sun and had powers his whole life he has much more experience in using them.

To be fair, the moment baby cal-el hit yellow sunlight he was going to make it.