Charles Xavier have to put his fingers in his head in order to use his powers or he can do it without the fingers in...

Charles Xavier have to put his fingers in his head in order to use his powers or he can do it without the fingers in the head?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K956y2om92I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gambit have to put his fingers in Rogue to use his powers or he can do it without the fingers in Rogue?

wouldn't rogue blow up?

It's answered in the letters page of early 60s X-Men issues that Xavier does it because they need some way to show when he's using his powers, as it's an 'invisible' ability otherwise.

Can't remember which issue of course, but yeah. It's just a visual cue that became a signature part of his character.

what would happen if xavier completely lost how to control his abilities and just started talking into everyone head with is mind?

i would read a comic about someone with this superpower and his extraordinarily emotional reactions to the terror he causes when it is apparent although normally just forgetting about it and acting like a dick because he thinks of terrible things to the point that people just start to become accustomed to depravity.

especially if people pretended it didnt happen except when they cant help but give him shitty looks/attack him in public for being racist/a pedo or just everyone starts laughing when he thinks of something funny.
-copyright 2015 reptilianking donut steel.

He just does it because he thinks it makes him look cool.

but its entirely one way, which is why people pretend it isnt happening because fuck that happening, which even includes people completely ignoring his entire existance as they percieve him to be ignoring their calls for him to stop, which he could only do by killing himself; but all he can hear is aliens from other dimensions, telling him to kill himself, among other things [this is what aliens tell you to do when you do this trust me i am an expert]

I know this.

It's canon that the strain of telepathy often causes headaches.
Magneto used to get migraines when he used his powers too and there's plenty of images of him touching his temples when doing his thing.
Jean Grey would touch her head when using telekinesis, ever remember seeing those pics? and the strain of those powers gave her headaches.
Cyclops touches his temple to activate the visor but his powers first manifested with migraines, presumably they still do as he sometimes complains about strain using his powers that don't even have an off switch.
You'll often see telepaths get nosebleeds from over exerting their brain powers, it's not their feet that are hurting there.
Basically it's that Professor X has a headache when he presses his temples.

This.
Also it's a classic gesture used by illusionists and mentalists.

I always assumed that is was just a way of helping him focus. He doesn't need to do it, but it helps.

His powers don't work on living matter.

Not true, his powers (in an odd way) have been used on flesh and blood people in that stupid Extreme X-Men run.

I hate these questions. Grow the fuck up.
When Gambit first showed up the original concept for his powers were that a little lightning bolt of static electricity would travel from his unique eyes to whatever he wanted to charge, for the sake of an easier depiction the ability was soon made tactile, but he still is sometimes depicted as using both hands and eyes to charge objects. So in canon he can indeed actually charge a close object without touching it.

>a world where telepaths are known to exist
I would no joke go full tinfoil if I lived in the Marvel world. The idea of people spying into my mind, or worse, affecting it somehow, at any given time. Would drive me crazy.

This.

Well, let's just redpill that paranoia, user:
Haven't you noticed the targeted advertisements on your screen? There's a corporate computer system cataloging, analyzing, and even predicting your behavior right now.
Who needs a telepath when A.I. already knows you better than you know yourself?
Online newsfeeds have already begun using predictive models to determine what spin you want to read when you're learning about the world, and search engine companies are experimenting today with marketplace (that's you) manipulation using selectively filtered online stimuli.
Your mind is already an exploited commodity in this capitalist world.

> aren't telepaths a scary concept?

youtube.com/watch?v=K956y2om92I

>in that stupid Extreme X-Men run.
Maybe his limiters were off for that part. Gambit's actually REALLY powerful. In fact in the past he has had Mr. Sinister put limiters on his powers so he can better control them. Since he prefers being the prince of thieves over the guy who blows up city blocks.
The no-living-matter thing is specifically so he never has to worry about blowing himself up, because his powers used to work on his own body.

IN his head? Bloody hell, that sounds grisly!
Though bone and everything?
Or did you mean "on his head"?

Isn't it because real life "psychics" do it?