It's a "broccoli tastes like SHIT" episode

>it's a "broccoli tastes like SHIT" episode

why do cartoons continue with this lie?

It's funny because it literally tastes like a small tree.

its reverse pscyology

Because its true. I was deathly afraid of broccoli as a kid, and once i tasted that tumor in highschool i threw up a little.

I haven't seen this in any cartoons in a long time.

white people don't know how to cook greens

Because animation is currently staffed by baby boomers and the immediate children of baby boomers. Food culture in America absolutely sucked in the 1950 and 60s, due to a combination of three key factors.

1. The Cold War and the threat of nuclear annihilation
2. The Space Race
3. The first commercially available microwave ovens.

Cuisine is shaped by the times, and in the case of post world war 2 America, that culture was a mentality of preserving and boiling stuff. "Can food so that it lasts forever in case of nuclear winter!" "Freeze dry everything for the cities on the moon!" "Modern conveniences mean we don't need to waste time in the kitchen!"

What do you think that mindset would do to something like broccoli, which is best served fresh?

Dumb stupid broccoli poster

Boiling it in animal fat isn't cooking it right either.

Have you ever had broccoli in a curry? Or with melted cheddar? Or had it prepped by a non white person? Broccoli can be amazing

Why did you taste a tree?

Broccoli is the worst vegetable, prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't

I always liked steamed broccoli as a kid.

Dimple, stop

But Broccoli IS white cuisine.
Literally an european invention.

This. I also liked to pretend I was a Brontosaurus and they were trees.

>broccoli in curry

Vegetable curry is a miracle of the universe. No matter how gross a vegetable might be, just chuck it in a curry, and it instantly becomes delicious

This.

>boil or steam broccoli for 5-8 minutes based on preferred softness
>salt, pepper, butter, squeeze a little bit of lemon juice
>delicious healthy addition to lots of different meals

I'm assuming it's mostly americans in this thread who don't know how to cook and have an irrational fear of eating vegetables that aren't on the top of a pizza

Learnducate yourselves, there's nothing wrong with broccoli, you're probably just doing it wrong

It tastes fucking good though

-clears throat-

Mustard greens.

Broccoli is great. Now, spinach. That's a vile disgusting weed.

Children's tastebuds actually have a higher sensitivity to bitterness that lessens as they age. So Broccoli and similar vegetables actually taste worse to them then it does to adults.

>t. michelle obama

Cauliflower are the worst. Terrible bleached asshole broccoli wannabes.

I thought the same thing until I made Cauliflower 'fried rice'.

Did you mean "looks" like a small tree user?

Because kids have different tastes.

They like sweet stuff, stuff with high amounts of sugar used to taste amazing and stuff like broccoli was ass. - now I find I can't even drink a can of coke without feeling like shit because it's so sweet and I haven't enjoyed the taste of chocolate in 5 years.

I've loved broccoli all my life. While it can be bland if not seasoned properly, the only way to make it actually taste bad is if you absolutely suck at cooking.

Fuck asparagus, though. Serriously.

Man I feel like something fucked up along the way because my tastes happened in the exact reverse. When I was a kid I couldn't understand the almost universal hate for bitter foods and sweets were the most repulsive thing but I suddenly started hating bitter food and loving sweet food around the time I turned 19

Brussel Sprouts are precious tiny cabbages and need love. Roast them in the oven with some olive oil, fingerling potatoes, and your choice of spices (incl. garlic of course).

Sweet potatoes are god tier

Prove me wrong you can't

Do they? I stopped seeing after the mid 90's.

Asparagus is one of the best veggies you cunt.

The only shitty potatoes there are.

>europe

>white

Broccoli's okay. Spinach is better.

Inside out had it, though it was broccoli pizza so I can understand the disgust

GOAT vegetable coming through, outta the way plebs

Yes. You don't even have to cook Spinach to make it reasonably edible.

Broccoli is fucking disgusting. Gtfo here lobbyist scum.

>It's funny because it literally tastes like a small tree.

lolwut?

>love spinach
>Throw it on everything I possibly can
>Tastes good raw
>Tastes better cooked
>Replace everything lettuce related with spinach and it's tastier and healthier
Spinach is fucking goat

>Or had it prepped by a non white person?

Racist

It's not white people it's people who grew up with nothing but canned veggies because of this you stupid niggers.

>t. an Asian who's mom still stockpiles green mush because lol Mormon

>Hating spinach

Sorry you don't like flavor, user. You probably enjoy it's retarded cousin Lettuce

You don't need to cock Broccoli either

>Replace everything lettuce related with spinach
>not eating both lettuce and spinach

>cocking broccoli
What the fuck- YOU TOLD ME IT WAS RANCH

>Cock

Well now I'm just questioning myself

>Using lettuce when you could just use more spinach

>there are people ITT right now who don't like spinach

Fucking manlets

>itt niggas who didn't grow up with the real struggle
Why did God make a fruit that tastes like sweet rotten garlic?

If you have room for lettuce you have room for more spinach you fucking heretic

Well it's spiky as fuck. He's warning you not to eat it. It's not Gods fault you're a fucking dumbass

Have you eaten a whole tree before, user?

I love flavor. Just not spinach's shitty flavor. And lettuce tastes like crispy water. Which is also disgusting.

So are pineapples, chestnuts and the vines of most good berries

Pineapples are nowhere near as spiky as that

I legitimately don't get how people managed to start eating Durian.

It straight up has the capacity to kill you, it's hard as shit to open, it smells god awful, and for most people it also tastes god awful. Yet it's one of the most eaten fruits in SEA. I DON'T GET IT.

>brocolli doesn't taste like shit
You are right. It tastes like piss.

Got me good

t.child

>It straight up has the capacity to kill you
Really? I've never heard about this even though there was a bout in my life where my father kept buying them. You're right about the smell and the taste, though. Even chocolate doesn't mask the awful taste of durian

The leaves are spiky as fuck also don't start a game where you throw chestnuts at other kids, that is a war that you can't win.

It's pretty calorie dense and grows wild in places where palm and coconut can't. As to how they got to eating it it was probably the same way everything was done

>local retar- shaman takes a bite
>if he doesn't die or shit himself it's good to eat
>If it makes him trip balls it's holy

>loved broccoli as a kid
>looks like a little tree
>no one I knew had a problem with it, most kids I knew hated onions or olives if anything, Australian kids don't really hate healthy food as much as American kids
>didn't even fucking taste like anything most of the time, was a fine vegetable just to break up a meal and add a little plain-ness, like potatoes, or tasted great with butter or cheese
>every fucking US cartoon:"OH NO!!!!!! MOM'S MAKING ME EAT BROCCOLI!!!!!!!!! OH NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! *does something extremely retarded and life altering/endangering to not eat broccoli*"

why are amerifats like this

Fuck no. Broccoli is delicious, especially with a spritz of lemon..
But nothing can save the ass taste of asparagus.

Squidgy. That's what if fucking tastes like. The word squuuuuiiiddgyyy.

So we're really having a thread about broccoli, it's not even the first time

Most American kids who's parents knew how to cook were fine with broccoli, that's like saying Australians actually eat and enjoy veggimite or eat sprinkles on white bread with butter, it's a meme

Nothing like a nice Cred Forumsck su/ck/er thread every now and then

I like so many other vegetables but broccoli really does taste like shit. Christ I practically live on lima beans and brussels sprouts but I can't fucking stand broccoli. You can't even make it better in a stew. Every vegetable tastes better in a stew. The only way to even make it edible is to drown the mother fuckers in cheese and that kind of kills the entire point of eating broccoli.

I have only eaten big trees

Nah man, roasted brussel sprouts with balsamic vinegar is where it's at.

wut, user, how would you know how a tree tastes like?!

>A whole bag of spinach becomes like half a cup once you even think of cooking it
FUCK SPINACH.

I enjoy vegemite. Lots of Australians do, it's god tier on toast.

Also fairy bread was trash for retards with behavioural problems, serving fairy bread at your birthday party was like handing out invitations to everyone to scream and get sticky shit on everything and generally act like a fucking mongoloid.

Because it's the deadliest vegetable known to man.

It tries to warn you itself with its terrible taste!

>Complaining about spinach's marvelous shrinking

Now you can throw even more spinach on your meal. It's doing you a favor

Sorry that vitamin k interferes with your Coumadin, grandpa.

>that's like saying Australians actually eat and enjoy veggimite

Haha...Yeah, who would enjoy Vegemite, Right guys?

This nigga must work at a Tender Greens

fresh broccoli tastes great, cooked properly

overcooked broccoli tastes bad (like all overcooked brassicae) but some people prefer that as it also breaks down the indigestible sugars into simpler sugars that become digestible and thus prevents farting (which is caused by the production of gases, principally methane, in the gut by bacteria which are unable to properly break down these complex sugars)

the reason so many complex sugars are usually present in broccoli is that most people don't store it (or other vegetables) properly

all (fresh) beans and brassicas should be kept between 0 and 5 degrees celsius (32-41F) to prevent them producing long-chain carbohydrates (complex sugars) as a reaction to heat and the sudden lack of nutrients the plant faces after being picked; while most producers and suppliers manage this just fine, even 20 minutes at room temperature can ruin a good piece of broccoli, so keep it cool and use it fresh (because eventually it's going to toughen up anyway in an attempt to survive for longer)

if it's limp out of the fridge, liven it up by slicing off the end of the stem a few centimeters up and standing it stem-down in a bowl of fresh water for half an hour; assuming the stem isn't completely dead, it should still take up water and revive the head somewhat before you prepare it for cooking

tl;dr brassicae are complex and temperamental plants

Thanks Alton.

Broccoli is delicious. What's disgusting is a raw tomato. They smell and taste like something that should be poisonous.

>if it's limp out of the fridge, liven it up by slicing off the end of the stem a few centimeters up and standing it stem-down in a bowl of fresh water for half an hour;

Learned this trick when I used to work produce as a teenager. Maybe it's because I used to do it in large batches but the smell was awful

Can we at least agree that mushrooms are the spawn of satan

>What's disgusting is a raw tomato

raw tomato aka ur mum's cunt

No, mushrooms are God tier

You just haven't had a good tomato. A good ugly ripe tomato is great on its own or with a crack of pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.

Enjoy your nightshade.

Nonsense. Tomatoes taste like heaven, especially after working out.
The poison thing might have something to do with it being related to nightshades, though

I'd put my raw dick inside a tomato if you know what I mean.

I prefer the white one, but yes asparagus is a top tier vegetable.

I never get tired of eating broccoli because of the texture.
It feels so funny haha.
The taste is pretty good, too.

You were conditioned into thinking it was bad because of how it was represented in cartoons
Literally the most trivial form of cognitive manipulation

Ew

I fucking love broccoli, eat it almost everyday, usually in pasta or something.

Hated it as a kid though.

Same reason you continue with that same thread opener: people are comfortable with what they're familiar with.
Also I always liked how broccoli looks like tiny trees.

It's neutral in taste that's far better than
brussels sprouts, leeks or asparagus.

Shouldn't you be extinct?

My little cousin is a theatre student and thinks fairy bread is a top tier snack.

I also think she eats is just so she can tell people she eats it.

>broccoli
>cauliflower
>brussels sprouts
>asparagus
LITERALLY god-tier vegetables. If you disagree then you can go fuck yourself for being a tasteless pleb.

I think this is possibly the 6th time just this year

>if it's limp out of the fridge, liven it up by slicing off the end of the stem a few centimeters up and standing it stem-down in a bowl of fresh water for half an hour; assuming the stem isn't completely dead, it should still take up water and revive the head somewhat
So basically you want to give the vegetable a bit of a hard-on, semi chub at least

Fuck's sake Cred Forums, do not sexualize the broccoli.

Broccoli pls go

I can confirm that it does not taste like a tree. Or it's leaves. Or it's bark. Or it's wood. Or it's roots.

Celery is worse

Inside Out had it

Honestly, who the fuck thinks it's a good idea to have cartoons tell kids that all the normal children refuse to eat vegetables because they're icky? What the fuck?

THANK YOU.
Everyone's like well it tastes better with peanut butter. NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T.

Broccoli doesn't taste bad (or good), I just fucking hate the way it feels in my mouth, eating broccoli is an extremely uncomfortable experience.

Is it better to tell them Spinach will give them superhuman strength just to be sorely disappointed?

Mushrooms are fucking delicious m8

Yeah celery is awful. Leek however is fantastic. I used to confuse the two when I was younger and avoided both to be sure, but then I realised I was missing out on delicious leek.

I like plain celery, but peanut butter on celery is kind of weird. Salt seems like it'd be a better addition.

I like raw mushrooms but cooked mushrooms taste off to me

>how could a dinosaur even be alive they died out like a million years ago

>a dinosaur couldn't even type let alone go on Cred Forums user

don't be retarded

I bet you think Mozart is actually dead too, huh?
Or maybe you're a filthy Dino trying to hide your identity.

>never knowing the glory of vegemite on weetbix
>or tiger toast
>or the unique taste of a vegemite and margarine sandwich wrapped in gladwrap that's been stewing inside your lunchbox all day

kek

Gherkins
Cabbage
Squash

FUCK OFF ABOUT THE FAIRY BREAD.

ITT: Children who only know the taste of veggies that came straight out of an aluminum can

Disgusting.

>>when your favorite is superior in all ways and everyone knows it

brocolis suck even with cheese

worse veggie

why is it always a race thing with you people

people let stereotypes take too much control of their world views

Radish is the best veggie

>worse veggie
Impossible when asparagus and brussel sprouts exist

Because maize is a vegetable now.

>>asparagus not being god tier

Excuse me for a moment

eggplant, literally eating rubber

Non-American here. Do you really eat raw vegetables without any flavoring or seasoning?

cauliflower is fuckin amazing you no taste having fuck

Are you eating it like a fucking apple?

I don't eat mushrooms after being in Kennet Square, PA. The mushroom capital of the world.

I also don't like to eat things that grow in boiled shit.

You shut the fuck up , tasteless fag

this

my mom always served broccoli as fresh as she could, either from frozen (which was ok) or from completely fresh (which was great). She hated canned and never over cooked anything and i loved almost everything she made.

my dad on the other hand, uses canned veggies for everything and when he does get frozen never fresh mind you he overcooks it l to a near mush.

broccoli and most vegetables aint nasty, people make them nasty and they get the bad rep for it

when spices became widely available to the masses, the upper class decided they were too good for spices or seasoning now, and unlike money, culture does actually trickle down

your comment is so cute :D

>Cred Forums have better food discussions than /ck/
I'm not surprised seen how much /ck/ sucks, but its great.

why is asparagus so expensive ;_;

>Insulting the king of fruits
Enjoy your plebian fruits, peasant.

>hating on brussels sprouts
oh man dude not cool not cool dude

You can ruin anything, ANYTHING, by cooking it wrong. Like boiling it for too long, not draining it properly so that the end result is watery slop and forgetting to put in spices.

Man, all this talk of kids not eating this or that. I remember when my little brother was a toddler, he was adamant that he never wanted to eat anything with even the slightest amount of spices, especially pepper in it. If he got whiff of the food containing any amount of pepper he refused to touch it because it supposedly burned his mouth.

Well, whenever I was cooking I always put in a lot of spices, pepper, even a bit of chili etc - but always made sure it didn't taste too spicy for a kid. Brother always ate everything and said it's good. A couple of months later he tried to throw the pepper tantrum again and I just asked him if he's liked my cooking normally, he said yes, and I told him I've put pepper in every single dish, that pepper doesn't burn your mouth if there's not too much of it.

He considered it for a while and never had any problem with spices since, now he eats much spicier stuff than I can.

There's no bad ingredients, there's just shit cooking.

doesn't lemon kill off some nutriens in broccoli?

Yeah it's great when you want your piss and jizz to smell like rotten fish.

wrong, when i first saw it in a cartoon, i was like "oh so others feel the same way?"

I mean they literally explained why it is what it is a few posts up, I know its hard for a European to read anything not written on the side of a wall by a innovative artist regurgitating jokes people made in sketchbooks in 8th grade though so I'll give you a pass.

Is asparagus the most aesthetic vegetable?

No, romanesco broccoli is

If you haven't masturbated using Broccoli, you're doing it wrong.

looks like a squid penis

> Do you really eat raw vegetables without any flavoring or seasoning?
Traditional american cooking is to be as bland and flavorless as possible. However the new generation understands the value of food that isn't terrible and most young adults living on their own try to make food that doesn't taste like dogshit, so no, not really. It's a meme because all the writers grew up with baby boomer parents who forced that shit on them, not because it's a thing that still happens today.

>All these foreigners scoffing at American cuisine

I'm sorry we don't have your delicate and refined sensibilities, you blood chugging, testicle chewing barbarians.

cauliflower exists

BROCCOLI IS DELICIOUS

cauliflower is fucking great fried up and seasoned

Broccoli is perfectly fine when frozen.

Why a lemon? Do you use an entire fucking lemon or do you just throw it away what you don't use?

I have zero problem eating plain steamed broccoli as a side dish. A tasty entree deserves a mild side.

Kids' tastebuds work differently than ours, OP.

not everyone had parents who actually knew how to cook veggies. my mom loved vegetables so much she just gave us that shit cold, didnt even steam it or did anything else with it

thats why i hated it as a kid personally

>the canned everything and pectin Era of American food
>""""""traditional""""""" American quisine

Broccoli and asparagus, sure. I eat them simply steamed and seasoned. The flavor comes from the entree. I don't eat thing separately.

No, the taste of it still sucks.
It's a terrible vegetable and I do not like any aspect of it.
It even makes Thai curries objectively worse when in them. And those are an absolute no-brainer.
Also I distrust any vegetable I can't pickle or ferment on principle.
Tomatoes don't count. They are fruits.

Fuck you!
Asparagus is a glorious vegetable and of great significance to my region.
the proper white stuff, anyway.
Fuck those green impostors!

>potato
>bland
You are doing it wrong. Potatoes should have a significant taste to them.
As should rice.

Which potatoes and which rice are you talking about? Because white potatoes and white rice do not have a flavor, it is impossible to "do it right" and give them a flavor that they never had.

stereotypes are true for a reason though
good thing its starting to die off

Nope, they are great. Only problem is that they draw all the salt out of your shit over time.

> like a small tree
Nigga did you eat a tree?

They're alright

Mushrooms always struck me as tasting like a plant that was trying to pretend it was flesh

You mean the root or the leaves?
Because the root is like the most important thing about a vegetable soup.
Or 50/50 in mashed potatoes. Yummy.

Someone never had eggplant carefully stirfried with soysauce.
Or grilled and marinated.

I made salmon fried with red curry paste once.
And nobody in my family could eat it.
It was just too hot. So I ate it all and it was glorious. But it made my eyes water. Like a lot. That curry paste was some strong stuff.
Worth it, though.

You can use a squeeze and story the rest in the fridge.
I use a bit for my tea. The lemons keep for days on end with all that acid and oily peel.

I just drink coffee and eat plain steamed broccoli.

No, i tried having an opened mind and it tasted like steamed snot.

>vegetables on pizza
Fucking gross.

Well, there's your problem.
Potatoes should have a rich yellow color, if not the red and purple of the more exotic breeds.
Properly cooked potatoes of a kind fit for human consumption should have a buttery, distinctly potato taste to them.
That's why you have to salt the water for them. If you cook peeled potatoes in unsalted water they lose all flavor because they lose their soluble minerals to diffusion.

Also I lived on Asian rice I bought in 5kg bags from the asia store around the corner for a year. I can tell you there is a reason Asians care for quality in their rice.
Thai rice can be leaps and bounds over Cambodian rice, for example.
If your rice does not have a fresh and pure smell to it, it's probably shit.

>continue with this lie?
>lie

Mushrooms are actually neither.
They are a league unto themselves and behave a bit like predatory, subterranean plants.

Great taste inbound.

I know what it is, it still tastes like some horrible mimic killed before it finished it's transition from plant to animal

IS THAT HORSE FACE?

IS THIS THE TRUE NIGHTMARE?

>kill an ungulate
>don't have the decency to eat its face
Waste is ungodly.

Nonsense!

So what's this shit about white people not being able to cook broccoli?
I assume you just means americans. I'm white from south america and we have great vegetable cuisine. Broccoli is top tier.

It's just shitposting

What crazy world are you living in? Shrooms are delicious and nutritious. Sauteed mushrooms are to die for.

Where are you even getting any of this?

What? The thing about white people not being able to cook vegies?
Have you read the thread? That was mentioned like 5 times. Like it was a meme or something.

>steam-in-a-bag broccoli dipped in ketchup

Delicious.

i always assumed 'broccoli = bad ewwww' was one of those stupid cultural memes that refuses to die, along with the 'jocks, preps and nerds' meme and the 'high school prom THE BIG DANCE OMG' meme

stupid baby boomer memes

I must have missed it. I don't know why anyone would think that. The only people in America who don't eat veggies are poor people.

>'high school prom THE BIG DANCE OMG' meme

Isn't that still true?

It's not really important to anyone

Hello, Newman.

Huh, coulda fooled me.

Spinach is actually harmful to human bodies due to a type of acid in which it's rich and causes kidney stones and can even kill small kids.
Broccoli is great, tho, only positives.

>Spinach is actually harmful to human bodies due to a type of acid in which it's rich and causes kidney stones and can even kill small kids.
Prove it.

Addendum: the cool kid(s) wear(s) sunglasses and a leather jacket, possibly decorated with a skull graphic.

>stupid baby boomer memes
'the cool kid' meme is still based on James Dean. It's slicked-back hair and leather jackets until the heat death of the universe or the last boomer's death atop a mountain of younger, poorer peoples' carcasses; whichever is sooner

Google oxalic acid.
It's a controversial subject. I've seen an article from I think the 50's that babies died from eating too much spinach due to Popeye's spinach "push", I don't know if it was faked or not.

Oxalic acid is only harmful in excessive quantities.

This. Aside from Inside Out, the only shows I can think of that ever used this cliche are PPG, KND, and Rugrats.

Brussels sprouts and water chestnut

Sounds like bullshit propogated by cooks using a few examples of shitty parents feeding their children nothing but spinach for weeks.

Why do people like soft steam broccoli!? I just hate that mushy texture! Personally, I preferred broccoli fried and sautéed in soy sauce so that's it's both crunchy, and has a "grilled" taste". Usually tastes better in stir fry, noodles, or other asian cuisine.

Squash
It has the texture of wet shit and tastes like candle wax.

t. Green Giant

>it's a "barfing" episode

take that back nigger

>horsehead
Haiti GTFO

Broccoli is actually even worse fresh. Kill yourself.

This, so much.

Its even better when they managed to export their culture and your shiticens of the Great Arabic Ice Nigger of Japan, and they go like "no, i can't make proper food, it takes that"
and you laugh at them, then cry, because cooking finished ingredients is a activity that doesn't hug time.

Well, yes. Ingredients should be ready when you start cooking.
You can't start pickling your cucumbers and kimchi when you want to use them for a meal that day.
You can't start by fermenting soy sauce and build a saline to get salt every time you cook.
Being ready is kinda what defines an ingredient.

>be south american
>grown up watching american cartoons
>a recurring theme in these cartoons is hating broccoli or asparagus
>I actually loved both broccoli and asparagus
>think "it must be a murrikan thing"
I thought it was some kind of internal joke you murrikans had.

>talkin shit about squash
>the most wholesome, satisfying and enriching fruit in the universe

Eat a plate of sauteed summer squash and tell me you don't feel like an ubermensch!

And if your grandparents never baked you acorn squash they never really loved you.

I've had it prepped in many different ways and it still tastes like ass. Don't get me wrong though, I still eat it. I'll eat anything if it's healthy.

Never seen one of those.
I usually use Hokkaido.

I was always pissed about Broccoli getting a bad rap. Same with asparagus, though less frequently.

Hate the sweet taste and the smell. Roasted salted seeds are good tho.

Is that you Soule? I'm having Swamp Thing flashbacks

Tastes fucking amazing in a dip consisting of 50% soy sauce, 45% black asian vinegar, a few drops of sesame oil and your choice of freshly cut chillies.

Are you sure you don't wanna marinade meat in that.
Because I'd do that.
Or maybe dip summer rolls in that.

They really should use spinach more for this, disgusting slimy shit

I'd eat it

I can't cook for shit, I just use that formula to dress salads, and dip a whole range of green veggies into.

>white people can't cook meme
>white people have no cuisine meme
Shut the fuck up, Pajeet. No one cares about your designated shitting plates.

You are!

Thanks everyone for all the (you)s.

Oh shit. It's tomatofaggot again.
>I don't get how people can just bite tomatoes fresh out of the garden. Shouldn't they be cooked first?

Oh, please!
Any idiot can cook. Hell, I can cook!
And that with just a Bachelor's!
All you really need is to understand cause and effect here. Unless you bake or make a roast you don't even need much experience. Just follow instructions on a good recipe, use the correct ingredients and don't attempt shit that's actually hard to begin with.
Also, most stuff that tastes bland is fixed with a bit of salt, or a dash of something acidic like vinegar or lemon.
Sugar helps to round out sharp acidity.
Butter is plain cheating.
And if your meat sucks, you can always blame shoddy meat quality. Unless your guests know better.

baby boomers kinda sucked but how the fuck can you diss james dean
that guy's eternal

>It's this thread again

Why don't anons turn these into generals already?

Apparently a lot of people are juest genetically predisposed to disliking broccoli.

Boiled broccoli is shit though. Most boiled vegetables are. Raw all the way.

the powerful vegan lobby is just a myth

leave this place right now kelley

Broccoli is even good with just salt

zucchini

>what's this shit about white people not being able to cook broccoli?
Black and other ethnic people like to feel superior by being racist towards whites, and "white people don't season their food / can't cook, they just steal / appropriate the delicious cuisine of glorious poc" is one popular meme.

Of course, these same people think nothing of eating italian, french etc food, it's all just basic "food" and doesn't count or such

>he's never had broccoli, spinach, paprika etc on pizza
>he's never had strawberries on pizza
sad pleb

Do you eat banzai trees?

Baby Carrots

>steam-in-a-bag broccoli dipped in ketchup

I always see dentist episodes in cartoons where kids get cavities. That seems as outdated as tonsillitis episodes.

Get the fuck out. You don't put fruit on salty food.

Outdated cartoon cliches thread?

>it's a "kid eats too much candy and gets cavities" episode
>it's a "kid gets tonsils removed" episode
>person is goofy/stupid because they hit their head at a young age

Exotic fruits can be so annoying. I love quenepas but I swear they're 95% pit.

What's wrong with canned vegetables? I grew up on eating almost all veggies canned. Beets, carrots, sweet peas, green beans, spinach, etc. As an adult though I prefer frozen because they're healthier.

I must have been a weird kid then. I loved brocoli and many vegetables but didn't really care for sweets. Soda especially is awful. Unless it's something like champagne flavor or grape flavored, it just tastes like fizz. How can people drink that fizzy sweet crap? I did notice I hated spinach as a kid but I tried it years later and liked it. I blame it due to eating spinach rolls, which made me accustomed to it.

Well seeing as this /ck/ thread is miraculously still here I might as well ask.

How does Cred Forumsck/ cook it's eggs?

I like two fried over easy on toast.

Canned vegetables tend to have terrible texture and all the color and nutrients are left in the juices in the can..

Fresh =/= raw

I actually like broccoli.
What's the problem with that?

>>it's a "kid gets tonsils removed" episode
How is it am outdated cliche if it still happens all the time?

No it isn't. The procedure stopped being popular in the 2000s.

Really? I can get circumcision becoming less popular but why keep tonsils and appendixes?

Have you never heard of sweet & sour though

It's delicious. Sweet fruits on salty food is fantastic and I truly pity you if you've missed out on that

>nigga doesn't like pineapple and ham together on pizza
You make me sick!

Tonsils produce important hormones for puberty. Their removal can affect growing.

>vegemite
Boy you people from down under really got isolated for quite a while huh?

shut the fuck up mom, you're not gonna trick me by posting on Cred Forums

Fuck you saute'd cauliflower and broccoli is awesome.

Omelette au fromage

>cheese and eggs

Why you gotta be gross, frogman?

I bet you people don't even eat livermush!

I like all vegetables.
I never understood the hate-campaign cartoons waged against delicious greens. Honestly I don't think there's an ingredient that I haven't enjoyed served up properly.

Am I the only one here to doesn't not-like anything?

vile weed!

yeah nobody can afford going to the dentist nowadays, and have cavities in all of their teeth due to drinking soda like it's water

>Traditional american cooking is to be as bland and flavorless as possible.
what

Well the Brits don't seem to mind.

>waaaaaaah I fucking hate flavor

Jesus, how does someones teeth grow like that? I know plenty of people who never had braces, but none of them ended up with teeth like that
It's like the lead singer of the Pogues

Baby carrots are lathed down carrots.
And are delicious.

Why the fuck did other parents think it's a good Idea to steam broccoli for their kids?
Don't they know that if they want their little shit to eat their greens they'll have to cover them with cheese?!

Bonsai trees, user. I don't think banzai trees exist unless we know how to measure how happy plants could get.

(You)ing because this is the most succinct, comprehensive explanation I've seen in the literally dozens of versions of this thread.

I think it must have something to do with getting a very shitty diet from childhood, like being fed loads of soda when your proper teeth were coming in as a kid, never flossing and not brushing your teeth often enough, doing chew tobacco or smoking a shit ton or whatever and probably a lot of other unhealthy habits too
and then just not going to the dentist

I don't fucking know, man

>86616368
>durian falls from tree
>lands on your head
>die

Saw what you did there

>if you cover it with actual tasty things it's delicious
you don't say

Literally Benoit yourself.

Maybe White Americans do but everyone else knows how to season their food.

Eggplant is for faggots.

Unless it's pureed into baba ganoush. It's good there.

I like asparagus, but why is it TV chefs say the tips are the most prized part? They never actually explain why.