Cred Forums approved games

Whatever happened to Quality Control when it came to making good licensed tie-in games like pic related?

It never existed

It should

Heavy Iron just makes shitty UFC games no one buys or plays

This. The ones that were good were largely happy accidents and dedicated teams. But even the dedicated teams put out some shitters, they just weren't as lucky.

>no one buys or plays
Well, that's where your wrong.

There have been 3 good SpongeBob games ever

Creature of the Krusty Krab despite being extremely repetitious can still be playable

but its nothing on Battle for Bikini Bottom or The Movie the Game.

>Dude Chad faggots with snapback caps who smoke vape pens with Hash Oil and drink Natty Light
>This is what UFC is marketed to.

I remember not being able to beat this as a kid. ;_;

why? Because it was bad? or hard?

Being completely honest. I couldn't tell you dude, I think I just suck at video games even as a kid. I also couldn't beat the Nightmare before Christmas game.

>Nightmare Before Christmas game

it looks pretty cool, that last fight against Oogie set to a musical number is pretty sweet, even if the lyrics are shit.

I remember that!
I looked up gameplay videos just to see the ending of the game. I got stuck on getting up the building before the fight with the 3 little shits that have a tub. (I can't remember their names).

The trouble with a lot of licensed games is timing.

Studios/networks/whatever want the game to come out on time with their product. The trouble is, it can often take YEARS to make a game and iron it out into working, non-glitching order, especially for modern games with high-end graphics and physics and the like. It's not a job you want to rush.

It's partly why a lot of tie-in stuff you'll see these days are mobile games, since they can usually be made cheaply and quickly.

Pretty sure tons of people liked Spider-Man for ps1.

Lemme tell you this

A lot of love went into BfBB. Some of the missions in the game could have been Beta Tested and Kelp Forest can literally suck my fat cock

Fuck the developer who approved that stage he literally fell asleep

The actual design of the game is not that good. There are a lot of shitty frustrating moments.

It's a fun game but your nostalgia is making you forget the bad parts.

The Incredibles game is just awful. So much poorly designed crap. The first level alone has so many janky moments.

It seemed clear to me they spent most of their attention on the Dash levels but even those were crappy and barely better than the "high speed" parts of Sonic 06 or whatever that shit was supposed to be.

I had the GBA version.

>Mr.Incredible was a generic beat em' up. Limited moveset, super repetitive. Not very good.

>Frozone. Auto-scroll platforming. Had to make your own paths with ice. Honestly the most fun part of the game but it only shows up like twice.

>Mrs.Incredible. Also beat-em-up but with some platforming elements. Way less tedious than Mr.'s due to stretch abilites. Decently fun.

>Dash. Auto-scrolling with some quick-time events. Kinda fun at best.

>Violet. Stealth for most of it, but some beat em up sections. Doesn't have any actual moves other than her shield which is slow af and does piss poor damage. Worst part of the game.

The music was pretty tight though.

At least there was variety? Another childhood game I enjoyed was the Spongebob Movie game on GBA and xbox. Those were fun but I dont think I beat it on xbox, only gba

At least? Surely, you remember that beloved game that had 12 or so different play styles? Sonic 06?

Never a sonic fan. I played old genesis sonic games on my psp with emulators but never finished them. When I first got my laptop and saw what sonic was to some people, I was disturbed.

My point is variety alone doesn't make a good game. I'd rather have one play style done well than five that are mediocre at best and garbage at worst.

touché, I was just being a little generous saying that at least they were trying?