ITT: Cartoons and comics that you saw completely differently as you got older

ITT: Cartoons and comics that you saw completely differently as you got older.

For me, it was Nick Knatterton. As a kid I took it all at face value. Silly spy and detective antics. Watching it again as an adult made me realize that it's actually a parody of Gary Stu character types.
Knatterton is impossibly intelligent, agile and strong, good with all weapons and martial arts despite being a pacifist, has an endless arsenal of incredibly specific gadgets that he pulls out as needed, and so on.
But here's the kicker... He never actually solves any cases. Every time he's close to doing so, he gets knocked out or captured. By the time he's back in action, the situation has solved itself, or been solved by the police.
I can't believe it took me almost 15 years to realize this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UHHPy0Mpo8c&index=1&list=PL3AEBFC9C681D0226
youtube.com/watch?v=h1Bb4MJghdc
youtube.com/watch?v=BHwDviUV8V8&t=1m45s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh, and I forgot to mention his super eyesight, smell and hearing, all of which ultimately contribute to nothing like the rest of is overpowered abilities. It's brilliant.

Nick Knatterton was ridiculously OP
>be Nick Knatterton
>get knocked out and thrown into the back of a van
>figure out your exact location based on the bumps on the road

The cartoon was also very dirty, the amount of scantily clad women, breasts and asses was astounding for a kids show

Judging by the nature of the whole thing, I'm not even sure if it ever was a kid's show to begin with.
Still, didn't stop me from watching it.

I would have never heard of this without this thread. Thanks, Cred Forums.

When one of your archenemies is Hitler himself, only the most overpowered of abilities will do.

>Be a former Wehrmachtsangehöriger
>got away scotch-free

>Judging by the nature of the whole thing, I'm not even sure if it ever was a kid's show to begin with.
It wasn't. It was full of jokes on 50s politics and T&A.

I love all those little captions. Nick Knatterton really is something special.

Yeah watching Knatterton as an adult is pretty amusing, it's awesome that someone, somewhere thought this would make for a great kid's cartoon.

I loved it as a kid though, can't complain

>driver grins devilshly

Might as well post some links to episodes. The only ones on Youtube are the original German ones, and the official Finnish dub (the one I grew up with). Gonna link the German ones.
youtube.com/watch?v=UHHPy0Mpo8c&index=1&list=PL3AEBFC9C681D0226

It's awesome how whatever he does there's almost always some buxom ho being tied up somewhere, at some point of the plot

And more
youtube.com/watch?v=h1Bb4MJghdc

>Every time he's close to doing so, he gets knocked out or captured. By the time he's back in action, the situation has solved itself, or been solved by the police.
Weren't a lot of the endings kinda morally ambiguous too? Like, criminals and their victims doing some kind of shady deals that smelled like corruption, so that everything was supposedly okay after all?

And yeah, I saw that cartoon differently as a kid as well. I focused on the premise of a guy solving crimes with cool gadgets, and that was the main thing I got from it. When I rewatched the show years later as an adult, I realized its tone was more sarcastic and cynical than I remembered. Also, I was surprised to see that it had a lot of female nudity. I had been too innocent to take any notice of the lewd parts as a kid.

>knock somebody out temporarily with exhaustion fumes

Yes, this is a good plan

Well damn, I didn't expect this to turn into a Nick Knatterton thread.
I'm ok with this.

>"nostalgic character"
Kek

youtube.com/watch?v=BHwDviUV8V8&t=1m45s

The "intellectual" disguise looks like a finnish comic Spede Pasanen. Its a mere coincidence.

I also kek'd when his phone gave him an electric shock and he could measure it by hand

But how would Nick stack up against Pronin? Pronin obviously has the superior resources at his disposal, being an agent of the kremlin and all, but Nick certainly has a wide variety of gadgetry to pull from as well.

If I remember, the original creator hated comic books, so he intentionally created the most verbose and pointless comic he could. Somehow it caught on.

>Nick recognises the famous model from just seeing her bare ass and legs poking out from the dumpster

Das super-detektiv, ach ja

No idea tho, sorry

DUN DUNNN

>Something nostalgic