What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY
youtube.com/watch?v=d4sWLH3o2Gc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They tried making a Spider-man movie instead of a romcom featuring Peter and Gwen.

>instead of a romcom featuring Peter and Gwen.

Gwen deserves the ax in every continuity.

The transformation was rushed but Harry was overall pretty good.

>That hug

It wasn't spiderman 1.

>spiderman

Your opinion is automatically discarded.

refusing to give harry a blood sample that could save his life came across as more irresponsible than the alternative
while the scene of max's first public appearance as electro, with spidey trying to walk a tightrope of words to calm him down was good, he just wasn't written well enough to carry his scenes in the rest of the movie.
having pretty much everything tie back to oscorp makes the universe feel to cramped
the design for harry-goblin was terrible
the web hand
the stuff about peter's parents being genius spies which nearly no-one liked, even in the comics, because it undermines peter's humble beginnings
cockteasing the rhino as a prominent villain in the trailers when he's just a glorified denouement scene

too many white actors

One of the same problems that hit Spider-Man 3 and BvsS, too much shit crammed into one film.

This.

>refusing to give harry a blood sample that could save his life came across as more irresponsible than the alternative

Because that worked out so well in every other iteration.

everything is wrong in asm2 but except gwen and her death. theyre the only good thing about this movie

I'll say this before the thread turns into company shit slinging, ASM 1 and 2 had great individual scene and moments but for some reason put together as whole it just seems.. terrible.

It's like a door frame made out of slabs of ivory held together by elmers glue.

>There are actually people who hated this movie because Peter was making quips.

people on this board hate these movies for a lot of reasons, Spider-man himself was never one of them.

Isn't that the question of the day?

I didn't mean on this board, I meant in general. There were tons of people complaining that "Spider-Man was acting too much like Deadpool"

>having pretty much everything tie back to oscorp makes the universe feel to cramped
This.
If you're trying to build a universe, you can't rely on one sole baddie.

Gangrene Goblin

>"Spider-Man was acting too much like Deadpool"
>we live in a world where normies are asked to think of the funniest hero and Edgepool beats out Spider-man

>the design for harry-goblin was terrible
His make up in execution was poor, the armor was fucking great.

>His make up in execution was poor
This, it should have been taken further like this...

I think you have that backwards.

peter parker always was a self righteous egotistical prick, and it has become more evident in recent comics. a villain even openly called him out as a bad guy because he bullies villains with sarcasm instead of helping them, i forgot who.

>They tried making a Spider-man movie instead of a romcom featuring Peter and Gwen.
But that is what normal people want, only fucking retard pieces of shit want focus on the teen soap opera bullshit parts of the character. They can go watch the god damn Disney channel & fuck off.

yeah but this spidey didn't know that
>if I give him my blood, he might die
>but if I don't give him my blood, he will definitely die

The focus of the film was all over the place. We start the film with a Jason Bourne fight on a plane between two men in their late 40's. It doesn't become relevant until halfway through the film (and I can't even remember why), and it involves a secret train carriage.
Villains are introduced like parts of some formula. Rhino is the introductory villain and we get a fun scene with him stealing the truck with the goo, that'd have been a good way to start the film instead.
Max Dillon has no character, and that's his character. He's a background guy and his work colleagues make fun of him, then he gets superpowers and Spiderman forgets his name. The showdown in times square could've been good, Spidey is trying to talk him down in a Spidey way, he tries to outwit and out-think the villain and it works. But Dillon is just weak, and he's our main bad guy. He's got no motivation whatsoever, he stares at the camera and says "imagine if everyone was as shit as me before I fell in the eel tank" and we're meant to buy that.
Everything links back to Oscorp like they're Umbrella. We straight up see the outfits for the members of the Sinister Six, not a tease, we see them. Harry is systematically ill, and we're meant to buy this awkward lack of chemistry between two people that're meant to have been best friends. Peter won't give him blood because....I guess Harry needed motivation.
The web-hand, fuck that.
Forced problems in Peter and Gwens relationship. Oh no the ghost of your dad is cock blocking me. Oh no England?!

For what went right:
Peter and Gwen had great chemistry on account of them dating outside the film, they acted like real people around eachother when the film isn't being shit.
Spiderman was great, he was quippy, I really liked his outfit (more than Hollands if I'm honest)
I kinda liked the Electro dubstep thing, it made him feel powerful, even if as a villain he was shit.

He wanted to test the blood first.

I think oscarbait drama between harley ivy and joker is something a lot of people want for her solo.

Fuck that pisses me off.

This tbphfam

The biggest problem is that the tone is all over the fucking place. It can't decide if it wants to be a modern, serious superhero film or fucking Batman & Robin with shit like that cartoonishly evil and german mad scientist asshole.

Too cramped. Should've stuck to solely Osborn or Electro.

Basically everything

As much as I have no interest in that, that was basically the only thing these movies did well.

I get that hollywood loves the 'you gotta fight your friend' story but I always think future Movies should just avoid doing the HarryGoblin story.
It worked in the comics because by the time the whole thing culminated they'd grown up and it felt like they'd been friends for years. Not to mention there's the context of Norman's legacy.

It could work in a serialised narrative but if you've only got 3 or 4 movies that just doesn't enough time to build it. Then if you've already had Norman as the Goblin then having the Goblin twice feels repetitive.

Ox?

Some troll was insisting Spider-Man was a bully for fighting with quips and not just fists in a thread a few days back.

I was gonna post that

I'm glad somebody did

keeping the jokes alive

>not liking Zod Goblin

Sony execs basically, that hoped to make 1bil by crashing Webb's Spider-Man with Raimi's Spider-Man to hit both targets, they already interfered in process in first Amazing bwhen for example deleted first-person sequence that was in fucking trailer, at least Marvel, DC and Fox making this in deleted scenes or even director's cut, but not Sony because they don't actually care.
Karma punished them with Ghostbusters'16, tho they cucked Dinsey and now recieving money from Spider-man's solo movies with no effort at all. Well played, vagina-eyed!

Webb itself is talented guy, he is like uncucked Joss WeedOn.

I cried (more like wet my eyes a little actually) on Gwen's death scene. Dat slow-mo, dat hand, I am know what is going to happen, but still hoping, that's like ant-plot twist and it worked very well for me, like real gold. Raimis was good and nostalgic, but nowhere as good emotionally as this. For that particular scene I ranked this spideykino 10/10 despite its number of flaws.

Also fucking Crysis 2 theme during Goblin's transformation, why they even hired Zimmer?

>.t triggered vagina-eyed

How sweet.

Ummm they are villains & should be lucky to fight Peter instead of Frank.

>spideykino

Some of the songs they used for certain scenes seemed kind of out of place:
youtube.com/watch?v=yEz_zs67hwY

That's pretty much the only song they tried to push, but yeah, it came out of nowhere.

Im still fucking mad about Rhino.
>Bookending the movie
>Wasting Paul Giamatti
>Stupid fucking soviet tank with guns
I hope we see him in the MCU Spider Man sequel as a supporting role, like Shocker is for Vulture.

Should have been in The Dark Knight Rises

Too much going on.

Peter and Harry barely knew each other and haven't seen each other for like a decade, but hey, let's be best friends again for no reason.

dude, goblin disease

>You will never get The Amazing Spider-Man 3
>you will never see Peter snuff out the entire Stacy lineage

Look bros, all I know is the romcom parts worked. The Spider-man parts... didn't.

I'd really love to see the alternate universe where this movie didn't suck that much and actually made the money Sony wanted it so they could do all the weird shit they were planning.

youtube.com/watch?v=d4sWLH3o2Gc

Weirdly enough the Silver Sable movie seemed to sound the most decent.

>Spider-man kills the Stacy family

The thing is that the quipping came in the way of logic and pacing. In TASM we have Peter going on and on with a random car thief and i just couldn't find it funny because he was dedicating that much time to it. In TASM2 he quips at Rhino while he wrecks cars left and right with his truck. Like, seriously, watch the chase scene, when Spidey swings away to save Dillon cars (and thus the people in them) are literally flying away and he ignores them! Great responsibility my ass

> In TASM we have Peter going on and on with a random car thief and i just couldn't find it funny because he was dedicating that much time to it.

I'm pretty sure that was intentional to show how cocky he was.

The web turning into that hand made me burst out laughing in the theatre

>I've never read a Spider-Man comic before.

They tried making a prequel to a Spider-Man universe instead of a Spider-Man movie.

So Spiderman in comics ignores very obvious victims for the sake of cracking jokes

It was being made by these kinds of people.

Never.

^This.

That's not even the worst of the ideas they pitched

NO LIZARD