Adventure Time’ To End In 2018

>repare to bid a fond farewell to bacon pancakes. Cartoon Network announced today that its Peabody- and Emmy-winning animated series Adventure Time will be ending in 2018 — eight years and 71 hours of programming after it began. Adventure Timecontent will continue to debut on Cartoon Network over the next two years, including specials, miniseries and the ninth and final season.

“Adventure Time changed the definition of what a kids’ TV series could be, and it’s had a resounding impact upon popular culture around the world,” said Rob Sorcher, chief content officer for Cartoon Network. “Cartoon Network Studios is proud to have brought together this group of brilliant artists and animators who helped make Adventure Time one of the most critically acclaimed TV series of a generation.”

Said Ward: “Adventure Time was a passion project for the people on the crew who poured their heart into the art and stories. We tried to put into every episode something genuine and telling from our lives, and make a show that was personal to us, and that had jokes too! I’m really happy that it connected with an audience for so long. It’s a special thing, I think.”

Executive produced by Adam Muto and produced by Cartoon Network Studios, the ninth and final season of Adventure Time is currently in production.

>deadline.com/2016/09/cartoon-network-adventure-time-ending-in-2018-1201828125/

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/whoa-adventure-time-to-end-in-2018
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=18171
youtube.com/watch?v=dDaR9GfRLzI
youtube.com/watch?v=TxJGnALYmHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What about the movie?

Bout time. The popularity of the show completely dissipated.

I still haven't watched a single episode of this show. That art style is just too off-putting.

I can take take noodle arms, but not noodle everything with dots for eyes.

It will serve as the grand finale, I think.

Fucking finally

I'm sorry AT fans

>“Adventure Time changed the definition of what a kids’ TV series could be, and it’s had a resounding impact upon popular culture around the world,” said Rob Sorcher, chief content officer for Cartoon Network.
Children's anime was doing more complex things in the 1970s.

Don't worry. We still have two years of material coming out.

Thanks man. It sucks that all the good shows are going off the air with little to no replacement shows.

Will Preboot/ Reboot be released by then?

>two more seasons with a proper finale.

What's there to be sorry about?

So by 2018 all of the CN's most popular cartoons will have ended; Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time etc.

What's replacing them and will we ever get programming like the original Teen Titans (ie. not the New Weird that's been the decade's flavour)

2 years. Plenty of time to grow up and stop watching childrens cartoons.

we're finally going back to the age of traditional animation
thank god

thank god

It's not like they even air it anymore. Same thing with RS.

It's all TTG's fucking fault.

Question for everyone do you think DC destroyed CN due to TTG?

>blaming a cartoon that has no say in whether or not it gets any airtime like every other show on CN

You can hate TTG, but don't be stupid.

Fucking finally.

When is anime going to take over the Western world?

Second dark age confirmed?

Like seriously, I have no idea what else is profitable on CN aside from TTG and AT

CN is going to spam more TTG, isn't it

Steven Universe is pretty popular

>What's replacing them and will we ever get programming like the original Teen Titans
With any hope, Justice League Action will prove to be successful and bring back a new age of action cartoons.

Never.

>Two popular shows that helped get CN out of the rut get shafted for LOLSORANDUMB humor

It's not TTGs fault directly but it's clear what's happened here

....on the internet and we all know how worthless that is

Around last Thursday.

On one hand, it's sad to know it's ending "soon". On the other hand, it's good to know it won't turn into CN's Simpsons or SpongeBob. Here's hoping it goes out with a bang.

You'll still have me, Cred Forums

Nine seasons isn't bad at all.

good riddance

one more to go

It already did in the 80s and 90s.

Why do you hate Cartoon Network?

It's been getting pretty good ratings overall. Recently they've been just ok, but that's still an average of 1.35 million viewers. It does about as well as TTGO.

>muh waifus

Loud House isn't good either.

>Adventure Time 2007 - 2018
>Regular Show 2010 - 2016
>Uncle Grandpa 2013 - 2016

As it currently stands, the only show that is still in production from before 2013 is Gumball (2011). Everything else is 2013+.

Teen Titans Go! (2013)
Steven Universe (2013)
Clarence (2014)
We Bare Bears (2015)

You've seriously got a problem.

>86614070
>Trying to force company wars and waifuism
Refugee from Cred Forums, pls.
That ain't even worth a (you)

>It does about as well as TTGO.
TTGO consistently gets 2 million per premiere or at least something close to it but like so many shows on CN now it goes up and down depending on the time of day.

quit acting like you watched this shit for anything other than bubbline shipping

Simply too epic. :^)

>Adventure Time changed the definition of what a kids’ TV series could be

Great we can finally get rid of that old horse and bring something new to the table
Nobody will miss it anyways he was too old to give kids rides anymore he just payed on his own shit and complaints about pain 24/7

>Two of those show are reaching a natural conclusion
>Only one is cancelled

Use better bait next time.

Animation Guild's list of shows currently in production did not include Clarence, so it's likely done as well.

A) Loud House isn't that great user. Yeah, it is pulling in hella ratings for Nick. However, look at the competition on the channel. Airing a new fresh show like Loud House against SpongeBob, FOP, and the rest of the garbage (Power Rangers, TMNT, etc) would lead to success.

I like and dislike SU. It the show focused more on the lore than filler for substance, it would be a lot better.

No matter your opinions on Adventure Time, or cartoons in general, that's the truth.

And nobody was there

Oh really?

Damn, that sucks.

>Clarence 2014 - 2016/17

>NickelodeonFags being petty and trying to start channel wars again

Hopefully steven universe too

Yes? Not even sure how Cred Forums can deny this.

by that meaning they could be shitty, poorly designed, full of obnoxious gags and lingo, and still be worshipped by the internet so long as they had "muh shipping" and "muh arcs"

g8 b8, m8 :3

Steven Universe is going strong.
Mifhty Magiswords premieres tonight.
Justice League Action.

Don't they have something else cooking?

I think cartoon network destroyed cartoon network

If we pretend anime doesn't exist.

Yes and no, the show brought forth a renaissance of low-quality character models with good to god-tier writing.

The general public loved the show and brought a lot of attention to CN which turned non-cartoon fans into fans by exposing them to other shows on the network.

During AT's peak of popularity, the show's vocab and "demeanor" were everywhere.

Where are you getting your numbers? I'm looking at wikipedia and the current season of TTGO has had only 4 episodes (out 0f 49) have gotten over 2 million.

8 years, 72 hours too long.

>"Before the series ends with its ninth season, however, Cartoon Network promises new episodes, miniseries, specials and more, bringing “Adventure Time” to “142 half-hours of content.”"

Specials and miniseries, they don't mention the movie anymore in their future plans. Also, 142 half hours of content, 284 episodes. There will be only 46 episodes left after Preboot/Reebot airs...

cbr.com/whoa-adventure-time-to-end-in-2018

If you insist on including anime in what was clearly not talking about anime.

Anime was doing what Cartoons had been doing years before shows started coming out regularly one television

>wikipedia
Really faggot?

>Steven Universe is going strong.
Kek
>Mifhty Magiswords premieres tonight.
It is not going to do well
>Justice League Action.
Nigga, its an action show. Its dead on arrival

The guy said:
>Adventure Time changed the definition of what a kids’ TV series could be, and it’s had a resounding impact upon popular culture around the world.
Implying that he is talking globally, not just in the context of American shows.

What do you mean?

>Steven Universe is going strong.
>Kek
Oh so you're just "baiting".

No SUfag he's just not delusional like you

What's your ideal cartoon network lineup?
>2 episodic fun shows runtime 20 minutes and ten minutes
>1 pg13 action show runtime 20 minutes
>1 action show oriented at 15 year old inexistent audience with a more serious and more explicit action non cape runtime 20 minutes
>1 alternative show Scooby Doo or the likes runtime 20 minutes
>1 experimental two season show like flapjack/chowder runtime 2 10 minute episodes per week
>1 younger audience show, we bare bears is great something like that
>Dc power hour or wathever you want to call it with a couple new shows and a bunch of reruns
>A series of cgishorts in between epsisodes

Most shit anime had covered were done in cartoons years before the prospect of airing anime regularly on television became a thing in fact anime was inspired by Disney. Given the low opinion people have of anime nowadays being associated to pandering garbage I'm too sure why you would bring that up.

What I can't dislike a fucking show now?
How is stating I don't like it and i hope it ends disengeuos I didn't express anything beyond a fucking personal desire
You guys get more toxic the minute go bully another girl to suicide you freak

AT LONG LAST

I dropped it after this.

I can't wait for the AT movie, it'll finally wrap the show up with the gorgeous animation and music that it deserves. It's going to be great.

"Nice" "bait", "mate".

Though, that's a separate but related comment on "Kid's TV". It changed American animation AND it had an impact on pop culture around the world.
Adventure Time, undeniably, changed how Kids' TV could be seen, going into serious topics while still remaining the whole sillyness aspect of the characters and the world. Yeah, it had an incredibly rocky part a bit past the middle, but in the end it did grow from it, and it's influenced, at least quite a bit, of the cartoons we have now, in being more open in having story arcs or going into emotion, which Steven Universe would also continue encouraging.
Adventure time has had a impact on pop culture around the world cause it was insanely popular around the world, even in Japan, despite how people are currently glorifying their animation just to create conflict, Adventure Time raised and continues to be fairly popular. People keep bringing up anime to continue some sort of Anime vs Cartoon discussion, at least that's how it seems, but it's irrelevant when even Japan doesn't give a shit, and just enjoy the show.

Only on Tumblr, Cred Forums, and the subReddit.

Casual people don't like SU.

>Steven whines too much
>Not enough action
>Crystal Gems are boring
>Too many filler episodes

This was from people's comments after watching multiple episodes.

The show is not as popular as SU-fags want to believe. It isn't the next MLP, GF, or Avatar (original) that will be seen everywhere. It is FOP levels where people hate or like it. It will have another two seasons spread out over a few years and then die.

Well I guess that means preboot/reboot will air sometime before 2018

>Stock response #526382634282

Get better material

It's almost 90% sure to be cancelled user
You don't just an ounce the show is getting cancelled in two years and then go ahead and make the movie for a shoe that's already running on borrowed time

Only reason that episode receives so much hate is due to the following:

>Deus Ex resolution to Finn's missing arm
>Implied rape of Finn
>Finn kissing random female characters is cringe worthy
>Breezy's motive of being a wingman went from acceptable to cringe

Other episodes were worse than Breezy.

Man I really don't know what cn is gonna do after 2018
mighty magiswords kinda sucks.
I can see ttgo lasting for a good while.
SU can't possibly go on for two more years without turning to utter shit.
Neo power puff isn't going to last much longer and thank God.
Regular show adventure time gumball (the only shows I gave a fug about) all canceling near the same time seems to be the worst thing that could happen to the network.
Whats next?

Two years too late.

>You don't just an ounce the show is getting cancelled in two years and then go ahead and make the movie for a shoe that's already running on borrowed time

That's a nice little reality you constructed for yourself but the only show more popular than SU on Cartoon Network in terms of the rating it brings in is TTGo!.

>Filler
Please if the show had filler then youtubers wouldn't be able to reconstruct every single ten minute episode on a total of two hours of video and have half a million retards watching it
Do you really believe tumblr is that stupid?

Arnold Jungle movie

>You don't just an ounce the show is getting cancelled in two years and then go ahead and make the movie for a shoe that's already running on borrowed time
You're new to this aren't ya?

American animation is completely different from anime, has only a fraction of its scope and has barely stepped outside the children's ghetto. To say that American animation had already done everything anime has done before the 1960s is completely preposterous.

I don't know why people keep bringing up the connections between Disney and anime like they have any relevance now. Disney was seen as the model to aspire to after the war, and Tezuka was a big Disney fan, but anime went in a completely different direction from Disney and never looked back.

>Adventure Time, undeniably, changed how Kids' TV could be seen
If, again, you pretend that anime doesn't exist. Don't also forget that many anime shows were shown in Western countries, so they weren't limited to just Japanese audiences.

user, it's a good thing that AT, RS, Gumball, Clarence, and UG are ending.

Shows cannot last forever or they go into zombie status like SpongeBob, Simpsons, Family Guy, or FOP.

CN needs to move forward and try different things. While I dislike Magisword and Neo-PPG. I also question the longevity of TTG, WBB, and SU.

Look at how shitty Nick became due to them beating a dead horse. CN is doing the right thing.

>Do you really believe tumblr is that stupid?
Are you seriously going to ask that?

Don't get so butthurt for reading the truth. The show isn't that popular.

Hell, Cred Forums mods had to ban your shit to /trash/ while other questionable generals remain such as Homestuck (ended) and RWBY.

I have expected this announcement for a while, with how sporadic the episode releases have been and how much the popularity has seemed to have died down I figured they must have a pretty clear plan to finish making it. It sounds like they are going to have a proper finale though, I'm glad it will have a chance to wrap up all the plotlines.

The show still has a pretty ardent fanbase, I imagine it will have merchandise and new fans for years to come, the same way kids still pick up invader zim and Avatar the last airbender today.

Arnold Jungle movie
>Nickelodeon
Sure buddy bet your money on anyone following Nickelodeon's footsteps anytime soon

at least FOP reinvented itself and isnt as bad in fact some of the recent episodes were good. ive heard similar talk from spongebob fans since hillenburg came back.

hate this meme of "JUST QUIT WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD DON'T EVEN TRY BECAUSE ONCE YOU REACH A CERTAIN POINT THEN YOU'RE AUTOMATICALLY A BAD SHOW" this is exactly why that manlet piece of shit Alex Hirsch felt justified bailing on Gravity Falls while it was in its prime.

Don't get your hopes up. No idea if CN will keep to it's possible word of giving it a real movie, since that Regular Show movie was an absolute snore.
And it's not like AT really has that much story talent left with the way it's been going, so who knows how it'll actually be in the end.

Awwwww kakawasi senpai onichan kun huuuu?
:3

People had long stopped giving a crap about anime in the west when AT came around.

Huh?

But, again, you are insisting on bringing up anime into an equation where it doesn't fit. It doesn't matter if something does something before something else, it matters about which one actually made the bigger impact.
You can continue to say that anime did the same things, but that only reinforces that it was ANIME, animation from outside of American animation, that did those things. Adventure Time showed that it wasn't just something for anime, or for teens, or for adults, that could go into the things that it did, but something primarily aimed at children and made in America, that could do it, as well, and in doing so it encouraged others to do it, and inspiried plenty of people, in America and around the world alike.
Stating that Adventure time changed Kids' TV isn't ignoring anime, it's keeping focus.

GF was doomed regardless as Alex attempted to fight Disney from day one. He didn't want to compromise anything and got burnt out.

Yes, you're right about quitting before you're ahead. However, like the Simpsons, it is now time for AT to retire and let the remaining staff move on.

Look at what the original PPG spawned when the staff moved onto their own projects. Think of the possibilities in the next few years from the AT and RS staff doing the same.

SpongeBob fans know how to talk?

>American animation is completely different from anime, has only a fraction of its scope and has barely stepped outside the children's ghetto.
American animation has a appeal to general audiences everywhere which is why movies such as Zootopia and Finding Dory have audience ages that range from kids to adults meanwhile anime only appeals to a much smaller demo of people from young adult to college age in and outside Japan.

>To say that American animation had already done everything anime has done before the 1960s is completely preposterous.
Actually ts not but continue being stupid.

>I don't know why people keep bringing up the connections between Disney and anime like they have any relevance now
Because its still fucking relevant given how Disney movies beat up damn near every anime film that comes out every year. Japan loves Disney more than their own works because they realize that they kept compete.

>Adventure Time
>natural conclusion

user...

And of course, the less romantic version, it showed that it could be profitable, encouraging people like Nick, Disney, and CN to greenlight more types of shows. Of course, Adventure Time, alone, didn't do this, but it was still a pretty key factor in what animation studios are more open into looking at.

Which doesn't mean AT was revolutionary.

>But, again, you are insisting on bringing up anime into an equation where it doesn't fit.
When someone is talking about animation globally, that also includes anime.

HA HA HA HA, I'm not even an anime fan and you're a retard for thinking that.

>Hype over Attack on Titan
>Hype over One Punch Man

Hell, Cred Forums might be moe-scum but they aren't as delusional as you're faggot ass.

Without AT paving the way with its pioneering animation, we would've never seen the animated genius that was the rebooted Powerpuff Girls twerking.

Am I kawai onichan ugu?

>Arnold Jungle movie
And? Hey Arnold the Movie was announced two years before the TV series finished production. The original plan was that The Jungle Movie was going to be the actual movie but Nick stated that they wanted something else and that The Jungle Movie come after. The movie bombed which blew up all prospects of it. You have no idea what you're talking about.

But, they weren't talking about animation, globally, they were talking about POP CULTURE, globally, which Adventure Time has certainly permeated itself into being in.

all shows that came out recently.
What's your point?

okay guys, what shows did Adventure Time directly influence and have an impact on?

hardmode: actually good ones
nightmare mode: actual influences it came up with and not stuff that was already pioneered by shows earlier in the decade

I don't know anyone irl that watched that, not even the most shut in dirty smelly no shower anime fans
People either watch naruto or buy tiny statues of little girl with realistic genitalia

>People had long stopped giving a crap about anime in the west when AT came around.
not even an anime fan but that's a lie. Maybe if you were talking about children you'd have a point, otherwise crunchyroll wouldn't even exist.

This is bullshit. I was SPECIFICALLY TOLD that the fun would never end.

>at least FOP reinvented itself
But it didn't. All Butch did was bloat the cast while sidelining all the old cast , making Crocker and Dad main characters and made Timmy a friendless loser as oppose to what he was in the first season
>some of the recent episodes were good
They're still Dad and Crocker episodes so no they haven't. Waifufags and Shippers are just crazy for Chloe.
>Show is ending in two years
Are you fucking stupid?

Hey Arnold fans have been waiting for the jungle movie forever, some fans died waiting for it and adventure time will be the next hey Arnold Jungle movie if it outright doesn't get silently dropped at some point in the next two years
Cartoon network doesn't care about adventure time anymore

Hey has anyone got a link for a AT mega-dump?

My point is that you're a retard for thinking that anime doesn't matter in the west.

SU does a lot of homages to anime from the 80s until present.

While the anime fad has died out, it isn't gone.

Talk to people outside of Cred Forums fag. While I hate the term normie, I've known people who dislike cartoons, comics, manga, and anime love OPM due to how insane the show is.

wew, calm down

I fucking hate that meme hamster

Butch hasn't touched that show since season 3
Hell he made a pitch pilot for a crash nebula spin-off that lead nowhere because he wanted to bail

Only thing i can think of is it allowed people working on it to make thier own shows.

Irl means in real life grandpa ugh lame groan

Im not saying its a bad thing. Some of these shows especially AT probably should have dropped out a while ago. It's the fact that they are all dropping around the same time. I don't know how they are going to fill that air time with stuff that actually sticks. So far all their new stuff doesn't seem appealing in the same way these shows are.

>all this arguing

It's like it's really 2011 again.

thats been common in the industry long before AT. cartoonists like butch, maccracken, seth, and savino all started on other people's shows.

You call Steven universe an accomplishment?
Steven universe is adventure times bastard son who isn't right in the head because of his crazy mother

The only time threads are active are when there are arguments.
Either about the show or fetishes.

>not even an anime fan but that's a lie.
Lets see...
>CN, the only network that would actually routinely air anime cancelled Toonami and Naruto
>Adult Swim starting pushing less and less anime on the block and regulated it to Saturdays only
>This was about the time the bubble burst and The American anime industry had to completely changed their model to make ends meat also companies such as Geneon, ADV and Bandai Entertainment went out of business
So virtually no anime airing on TV and back then the internet streaming had not taken off like it had nowadays and CR wasn't the powerhouse back then either and wasn't getting everything under the sun. Anime is only "popular again" thanks to the resurgence of 90's nostalgia and streaming being as popular as it has ever been but that's largely in part of services rather than new exciting content at every corner.

Good point. I'm assuming CN will "bomb" the remaining episodes like what they are doing with RS. Thereby spacing out the vacant timeslots.

Please, this is civil compared to early Cred Forums discussions.

>Cartoon network doesn't care about adventure time anymore
>An 8th season, more mini-series and a movie are all planned within the next 2 years

Uh-huh

It's about fucking time.

In the eyes of the general public, anime had come and gone. Anime had gone back to being a niche in western culture.

I'm talking about that specific point in time + the general populace dumbass. Also I never denied that there was a resurgence in popularity.
However it still isn't even near the levels of cultural acceptance as it was when toonami was at the height of its popularity.

I know you probably are just hating on AT because Breezy was a legitimately bad episode, but denying the impact it had on western culture, while yelling "well anime did it first!" is just plain ignorant.
Also please tell me of a show that is exactly like Adventure Time. And I mean the pilot episode that started it all.

>You call Steven universe an accomplishment?
I didn't say that user, but I can see why you claim that.

>Butch hasn't touched that show since season 3
Nigga what? Butch is still very much involved with the show and came up with Poof, Sparky and Chloe (who is based on his daughter). The only times he's "stepped out" was to work on Danny Phantom and Tuff Puppy during which the show was on hiatus or in the case of Tuff was cancelled before Nick ordered more episodes.

Watch everything get cancelled after the 8th season is over
Right now I find it funny that there are only two more seasons and no endgame villain in sight because adventure time writers chose to out mediocrity each other instead of setting up a decent plot line for the second half of the show
Endgame is either going to be ice king, the lunch again or the shitty ice lady we all wish didn't exist
8 season and its still going to end in a rushed ending

That's funny, because I go to an engineering school where almost everyone watches anime; and I've only met a handful the know about OPM.

At least it brought good porn.

This is why Japanese birthrates are at a low

There's children's and family TV anime that have ratings between 15 and 3%. 10% of Japan's population is about 12,7 million people. Studio Ghibli's movies are for general audiences and very popular; Spirited Away is still the highest grossing movie of all time in Japan, and before that Princess Mononoke had held the same position.

The highest grossing movie in Japan this year has been Your Name (in other words it has outgrossed Zootopia and Finding Dory): animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=18171

And what's your point anyway? You seem to be just reinforcing what I said.

>Actually ts not but continue being stupid.
So what are the early 20th century American animation equivalents to, say, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Serial Experiments Lain, Noir, Sweetness and Lightning, Madoka Magica, Monogatari, Kanon, 91 Days, God Eater, OreImo and You're Under Arrest?

>Because its still fucking relevant given how Disney movies beat up damn near every anime film that comes out every year.
That has nothing to do with it, and obviously American movies are going to outperform Japanese movies internationally.

>Japan loves Disney more than their own works because they realize that they kept compete.
Japan has the biggest animation industry in the world whose output completely dwarves Disney. The fact that Disney is popular in Japan doesn't mean anime isn't also popular. Disney is popular everywhere.

Where the hell are you even trying to go with this?

CN is not that stupid. They know that AT is their bread and butter and a flagship show since none of their other shows has garnered the same sort of revenue or critical acclaim. Which is why they're desperate for NuPPG and Magiswords being big sellers because they know they have to let it go soon.

It's obviously being written by some soulless team of shitty comedians that get paid in cafeteria food and it isn't exactly hard to animate either, it's maybe the cheapest style behind south park
What happened to Danny phantom anyways?

>no endgame villain in sight
The Lich is always the endgame.

>What happened to Danny phantom anyways?
Canned and it was so obvious that Butch wasn't the creative force on the show given what became of it.

So you can't come up with any counter-arguments? Is that what you're saying?

He was talking about children's TV shows and how AT somehow revolutionized them.

Because of a 2015 late night show that to date has sold less than 5,000 discs?

>Cn is not that stupid
Come on son
>Adventure time is their bread and butter
The show nobody even talked about anymore except for hardcore fans and then out of the sudden gets announced its getting cancelled?
>Not other show has gained the same sorth of revenue or critical acclaim
Start a campaign to save Steven universe from cancellation and tumblr will raise more money for the network than they have seen in years

They don't call Cred Forums, "Cred Forums's rejects" for nuthin.
That's some shit taste right there. The shows that aren't hot garbage were probably pulled off one of Cred Forums's recommendation charts just so you could pretend to have credibility.

So it's going to end like every season ends like?
>Stupid reply bringing up some other season finales that are so fucking bad nobody cares about
I can hardly contain my excitement
How did this with for 8 seasons again?

Chin chon desu kawai waifu ultra XD

>The show nobody even talked about anymore e
Please step outside for once in your life.
>Start a campaign to save Steven universe from cancellation and tumblr will raise more money for the network than they have seen in years
You're quite delusional.

>That's some shit taste right there
Shit taste is a meme that means nothing, and you must be a very "special" kind of person to think that the point of that list was to let people know what my favorite shows are. Please do everyone a favor and never post again.

I already know you are retarded. You don't have to keep repeating yourself.

>2018

But that's so far awaaaaay.

yeah, it was going to end eventually. I'm glad it's getting a proper ending instead of it being milked of all its worth

Oh boy does your post reek of butthurt. Did you get banned for having such awful taste or sumthin?
Because all your hoot and hollerin bout anime ain't gonna win anyone's approval.

Yes outside the place were people build objects of praise in the shape of Jake the dog and not totally try to get on with their lives and do wathever they are supposed to and get drunk in the weekends
I dobut you even know what outside looks like anymore
Hey they get scammed at least twice a year

Onichiwa fighting ninja Desu ne?

>how AT somehow revolutionized them.
And it did, as already mentioned in and .
It doesn't matter if anime did "it" first, it matters of what actually got people to change their opinion of what Kids TV could do. Ever since shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show, people became more keen on greenlightining weirder shows or even comics with niche ideas.

Thank God. This show was really suffering in terms of quality in its latest seasons.

>Oh boy does your post reek of butthurt.
This is projection. You're the one who got mad just because I happened to mention shows that trigger you.

>Did you get banned for having such awful taste or sumthin?
I barely ever go to Cred Forums.

>Because all your hoot and hollerin bout anime ain't gonna win anyone's approval.
I never said or implied I'm trying to win anyone's approval.

>it's a "retard vsw retard" episode

Daily reminder that first and second seasons were the best.

I'm expecting Steven Universe to probably last for a really long fucking time, considering how long it takes to produce an episode.

Whether you like it or not, it's got a progressing storyline with a changing status quo. It's not like Regular Show or Gumball, or hell, even Adventure Time; any time AT does a plot, it changes literally nothing or hardly gets resolved, and even the characters themselves don't fucking care.

It's enough to keep the kiddos and whoever else interested, unless they somehow fuck it up big time and piss literally everyone in the entire world off.

>And it did
It didn't do anything that hadn't already been done many times before.

I refuse to support or watch Magiswords.

Oh yeah, all that text just to say that u mad.

>There's children's and family TV anime that have ratings between 15 and 3%. 10% of Japan's population is about 12,7 million people.
What does this have to do with anything especially when Japan isn't a television heavy nation like America
>Studio Ghibli's movies are for general audiences and very popular;
The Red Turtle which was release a few weeks back bombed

The very fact that you used You're Undetr Arrest as an argument means you shouldn't be taken seriously.

Actually it does. If you can't see that Disney has a huge influenced over there then you are fucking delusional

>Japan has the biggest animation industry in the world whose output completely dwarves Disney.

Thanks for the laugh. No seriously this is a riot. An industry that's on its final lifeline has a bigger animation industry than a cooperate conglomerate who's influenceis throughout the world? Okay.

Now you're just refusing to read.

k

This user won the argument

>He doesn't know what cancelled means

History repeats itself user, but you cannot deny the impact Adventure Time had on its industry.
Think of its format. Has there ever been a show prior to Adventure Time on CN that was as experimental as it was? As weird and whimsical?

Also think of what was currently happening to CN during that time before AT began. Do you not recall the atrocity that was CN REAL?

>When an SUfag steps out of /trash/

>Has there ever been a show prior to Adventure Time on CN that was as experimental as it was? As weird and whimsical?
Courage The Cowardly Dog though it was formulaic

>90%
>made up statistic

So when's nuPPG on the chopping block?

Can't be much longer than another year or so right?

>Why are all of you hating on the show??
>You obviously don't actually watch it.
>It's vastly intricate and has a lot of emotional impacts and even discusses a lot of serious political issues as well as getting children and people of all ages really to become fully aware of our existence here.

- Some guy on Facebook

korean anime probably

It isn't about to be cancelled any time soon. It exists to replace an older show that costed more to produce.

I highly doubt that number, AT is at 85-90 half hours of content right now. That would mean each season would be 23 episodes each, where as it was confirmed season 8 would have around the same episodes as season 6 and 7.

Well yeah it's pure especulation
Just like when you say people still like this shitty show
Except mine is based on what I know and what I believe of cartoon network while yours is based only if I wish hard enough it may become true

2011 was a good year

end hamster

I would hesitate to call Courage "whimsical", though it was fantastically weird.

REMINDER, STILL CNS LONGEST LASTING SHOW

This.

Over the garden wall was pretty good

We still haven't seen petridot get laid which half the cast so that must mean there are ten season ls left
At least they are happy albeit extremely simple minded, Rebecca could take a fat dump on them full with little bits of undigested corn and watery bits and they would praise it as the best thing in the world

>What does this have to do with anything
You brought up the subject. You said anime is only for niche audiences.

>Japan isn't a television heavy nation like America
I'd go as far as to say it's more television-centric than America is. In Japan you don't become a big star through movies, you become a big star through television. Many movies are sequels to TV shows and/or are made with eventual TV broadcasts in mind. Anime, including movie anime, is also defined by television.

>The Red Turtle which was release a few weeks back bombed
Ghibli just co-produced it. It's a French movie. And did you somehow miss the part where I said that Spirited Away remains the highest grossing movie of all time in Japan and that Princess Mononoke held the position earlier? The Wind Rises was also the highest grossing movie the year it came out. Only Yesterday was the highest grossing domestic movie in 1991. And so on.

>The very fact that you used You're Undetr Arrest as an argument means you shouldn't be taken seriously.
How? I was just asking you to list equivalents to those shows from early 20th century American animation. What's the problem?

>Actually it does. If you can't see that Disney has a huge influenced over there then you are fucking delusional
The fact that Disney briefly had an influence on post-war Japanese animation is a separate matter from the fact that Disney movies are popular in Japan (like they are popular everywhere).

What influence do you think Disney has on anime today?

>Thanks for the laugh. No seriously this is a riot.
Disney has released 55 features during its entire existence. During the Summer 2016 anime season, 41 full length shows premiered (as counted by Anichart). The upcoming season has 47 full length shows scheduled. Yes, the anime industry's output completely dwarves Disney. Even if we include whatever TV or web shows they make.

>An industry that's on its final lifeline
It's on no such thing. The anime industry is doing very well.

>implying people still don't care about this show
>newfag that joined 2 months ago and didn't see the talkback threads we have for every episode that airs
AT still has its fandom, just not to the extent it had in its peak, season 4. Most talkback threads then are around the sams pacing now, excluding the super hyped episodes.
You've got that the wrong way user, you're working off of pure speculation.

Karma is a bitch
It sure paid of pandering to fags by pushing dykes and cuckoldry into your show huh?

i loved this show when it was new but i didn't like how the series evolved. i guess i'll watch the last season to see how it turns out. i liked the world lore.

About time.

You are, again, projecting.

Just because it took people to decades to figure out that children's animation can perhaps be more than cartoon animals swinging cartoon hammers at each other (or whatever) doesn't mean AT was revolutionary.

>only 126ish episodes
Well no wonder when you air a new episode a month, having shitty scheduling is nothing to be proud of

Good riddance.

I would argue over the garden wall was entirely it's own thing based on the art style, the substance, how long it was on develop and every single other aspect of it
I man what exactly do you see in it that resembles adventure time at all?

Someone still needs to apologise for that season of basically nothing but shit. After the normies stopped caring and that mess the show basically died in popularity

t. assblasted Fubblefag
They've been showing bubbline fuel since 2011

If Adventure Time never existed we never would have had Over The Garden Wall.
Also it would require Flapjack to never have been made, because that show is what put Pendelton Ward on the spot in the first place.

So fuck you niggas. Adventure Time did its part.

You had a good run AT.
Your quality may have drooped sharply in the middle, but when you were at your peak, you could almost touch the stars. Also I thought S7 was great. Really good stuff.

So you make a thread and you spam drawings of marceline and on for 6 hours to keep it alive what an exciting life you and other 7 people have
Both Steven universe and the loud house have a never ending general you can access to at any point of any day

The creator literally worked on Adventure time you dunce.

Wich one?

>need to apologize for season 6
If you ever actually bothered to watch that season you'd know it's below average at most. Season 6 is complete shit meme needs to end. Your apology is the fantastic season we are still in.

Agreed, just that the creator worked on adventure time first, I think it was too weird a show to get greenlit without AT doing so well

Nobody complains about adventure time existing we complain about it existing too long and too bad

Oh it's my dear friend underage adventure time fangirl who roleplays as princess bubblegum reflecting criticism
Yes I know he worked at adventure time however he actually had talent unlike everyone else who worked there
One doesn't learn from people more stupid and inept than oneself often

I stopped after they lolified PB, is it worth continuing?

It lasted for 8 years too and no the movie doesn't count because it was made after production wrapped up.

Show gets moderately worse after that. Watch at your own discretion.

>You are, again, projecting.
The fact that you still replied say otherwise fagola.

>Both Steven universe and the loud house have a never ending general you can access to at any point of any day
All of those are in /trash/ mainly because all you dumbfucks ever talk about is pedo and waifushit than the show itself

It's ending too. Not yet announced.

No it doesn't. That doesn't even make any sense.

>Except mine is based on what I know and what I believe of cartoon network
So from your ass.
>So you make a thread and you spam drawings of marceline and on for 6 hours to keep it alive what an exciting life you and other 7 people have
>Brings up SU and Loud House

The irony

about time

>You dumbfucks
I never go into the abyss I just stare at it from time to time
>On trash
It's a general rule that you can't post about it here as long as it's not airing wich would be a great rule if they weren't allowed in /trash/ either since we still have to deal with them

>“Adventure Time changed the definition of what a kids’ TV series could be, and it’s had a resounding impact upon popular culture around the world,” said Rob Sorcher
HAHAHAHA

Oh man this is rich. So how are they going to mess this up? How much stuff will they leave unresolved? Is it going to be Gravity Falls 2?

A few years too late there

You do realize sug is in /trash/ right now just as slow as the AT thread up right now? Right? /TLHG/ is literally just waifu faggotry, same for /sug/ in its current state. /sug/ because its on hiatus, did you ever bother to think that AT threads are just waifu faggotry at the moment because we've been on hiatus for almost three months? Also I said talkback threads, not that cheese cake thread up. Even then there IS discussion to some extent in that thread.

ookayyyyyy

Don't worry user, I'm sure cartoon network executives also care about your adventure time fanfics, that show its in no way it's bread and butter, teen Titans go is

>implying season 7 isn't the greastest and most consistent season in terms of quality since season 4
I really hate this age=downhill meme.

>Using a pic from a series that lost all credibility years ago

>It's a general rule that you can't post about it here as long as it's not airing
Nah that was shit enforced to keep SUfags from flooding the boards because Star Vs kept getting threads up until its season premiere without anyone complaining. And Loud House is still airing last time I check but obviously since the base would rather want to talk about which underaged girl they'll like to fuck then the show itself then measures had to be made.

Nigga, you are in the dead sea, rowing a boat made of salt.
Quit being a little bitch and made the bullies at Cred Forums will stop beating up on you.

Show gets better in season 4, season 5 is great too, there is a period of subpar quality in 5.2 and 6 but that is gone by season 7. They loli'd PB, in...season 2? You'll love season 3, it's one of my favorites.

Doesn't mean it's good. It's CN's Simpsons

Dear god, the only thing worse than a weeaboo faggot is a weeaboo faggot who thinks that because he watches a cartoon with tits and gore thinks he has refined taste.

That lolification was reversed barely five episodes later.

Someone seems a little bit mad, you may be taking all this too personal wich is a bad sign about your personality
And yes all three are garbage but two of them seem at least popular enough to claim a constant spot in the shithole we call board

>that show its in no way it's bread and butter,
Says one basement dweller on the internet

>the show isn't that popular
>it gets the second best ratings on the network
>arguing with actual numbers
I'm not really a fan either but come on dude. SU is popular.

>all this arguing
I'm happy. I've been watching the show since the beginning, and I'm glad to see that it will have a proper conclusion. I've enjoyed it since the beginning as well, even if there are obvious low points.

>all these people coming out of the woodwork to say the show has always sucked and wasn't influential at all
Sticking your head in the sand

You are the one who got mad and started an argument just because I happened to mention shows that you don't like for whatever reason. You don't get to accuse me of being mad.

>maybe the bullies at Cred Forums will stop beating up on you
I hardly go there and when I do I almost never talk about what shows I like or watch (which, again, wasn't the point of the list I made earlier). Try again.

Even the supposedly "shit seasons" had more than a handful of good episodes.
It's just that the bad episodes were too bad.

S6 had Breezy, but it also had Everything's Jake.

You have terrible taste no wonder the show is doing so badly
We got a fucking marceline 7 episode, a marceline 7 episode especial
Nobody who matters cares about marceline

In terms of CN Originals and not counting WB Animation (JL Action and TTG), it's Mighty Magiswords and OK KO, as well as the Ben 10 Reboot.

This is what I want.

>JLA is so good that individual members get their own solo series
>Adventures of Space Cabbie

I'm not a weeaboo and I never said anything about watching cartoons. A real weeaboo wouldn't even watch them. Are you sure you replied to the right post?

>A show that a bunch of weebfags created has references to entry level anime and that means anime is real legit and popular here gais. Who cares if the kids watching the show don't know and care about what nip cartoon they made a reference too.

How will I ever recover?

Ad hominem, and irrelevant. Just because AT isnt spammed 24/7 doesn't mean no one cares about it. TLH is only popular because of waifus. SU is a great show and deserves the popularity it has, but it is more of a side thing I watch. Funny how AT is in hiatus and doesn't get deleted from this board, eh?

I don't have to try. Heck I'm barely even trying now. You putting all your cards out on the deck for me to see.
Look man, don't try to deny your anal pain. It just makes it worse.

Among a target audience that doesn't buy merchandise or the kids toys that get advertised during commercials (at least I hope they don't)

Again: you are the one who got mad and started an argument just because I happened to mention shows that you don't like for whatever reason.

The flame princess season had no good episodes I can remember and the last one had maybe three

You're so retarded that you don't realize I insulted your hardon for nip animation by calling anime "cartoons"

And you are a weeb with all of your constant shilling of anime and japanese animation in general.

>it gets the second best ratings on the network
Cool lie bro

>no one cares about Marceline
Stakes received the highest ratings in all of season 7. The highest non mini-series episode is still about 300k viewers short.

CN's ratings are down across the board regardless.

Everything's Jake was too wierd and too niche, I didn't understand what was going on, I do t expect kids to be able to either

You're giving those things too much credit by calling them "cartoons." Better to call them "animated abominations."

>You're so retarded that you don't realize I insulted your hardon for nip animation by calling anime "cartoons"
Or maybe you were too retarded to realize cartoons and anime are two different things and now you're trying to save face.

>And you are a weeb
No I'm not.

You're just bitter and jealous.

>The higest rating of season 7
There wasn't really anything to compete against
>People watched
The shippers and the retards that cake back to see what it was about
Again nobody who matters those people would have been just as happy with literally shit

>everything jake difficult to understand
That episode? What? It's just Jake exploring a world hes made out of his own body. Starring the voice of Fry, and other Futurama characters, who are all voiced by that same guy. What was difficult to understand?

I believe the AT encouraged creators (or the studio) to orbit more shows with humane storytelling.

Wow that's sad. What the fuck happened? I remember when Adventure Time and Regular Show would regularly get 2.0's every premiere and now they're struggling to get a 1.5. If I recall the highest rated episode of Adventure was a 3.5 and it was only 11 minutes and the highest rated episode of RS was a 30 minute special at 3.1

Calling them "cartoons" triggers them the most though. Nothing a weeb hates more than watching someone refer to their sacred cow as anything but whatever his nip overlords call it.

>special pleading
>assumptions with no evidence

You are claiming that the show that's currently beating SpongeBob on Nickelodeon is popular only because of online pedophiles who want to fuck poorly drawn balloon people

>cartoons and anime are two different things

Dear god my sides.

Anime is just a nip term for animation. It's still a cartoon however you want to cut it.

Dude, you so mad that you're assuming I'm the guy that you got mad at in the first place, just to justify how mad you are.

CN ratings are down across the board. Notice how no SU episode has surpassed the highest rated episodes AT and RS have aired, despite how popular it is. Not even TTG has done this.

Ambiguity fallacy, I meant popular on this board and you know that. Also, strawman fallacy.

So you admit that cartoons are something inferior and that calling anime cartoons is therefore insulting, which is to say that anime is superior.

Anime and cartoons are completely different and have next to nothing in common.

If you claim to be another person then you are just effectively his stand-in, so I may as well treat you as the same person.

sauce?

Jake shinks into a world made of himself and we are i produced to a ton of new characters who can eat Jake but Jake can't eat Jake for some reason and he was there once before somehow and then I don't even know what's going o. And he escaped killing everyone even tho if he starved they would have died anyways hard to understand?
It's legit anlmong l the top 3 hardest to understand episodes in the show

AT's original audience is older now and has less free time and the current kid audience isn't as invested with the show

Regular Show aged badly as it went along but most people won't accept this fact. it was a "dudebro" show and the premise got boring and predictable after while

Well it don't matter to me what you assume, because in the end you still mad.

The only thing animu and cartoons have im common is being animated.
>inb4 cute grils
Yes but is this limited only to the above mentioned?

I think most of us aren't too torn up about it. Show had a good run. Nice to see the quality of the show improve in season 7 after the past poor seasons. Looking forward to the movie.

2011 Adventure Time threads were the best Cred Forums threads ever. I remember them fondly and miss them greatly.

when is the last time adventure time had a thread which wasnt 99% some shipper autist dumping ancient fanart? the last thread (the canyon one) was a bunch of creeps and fatfags talking about how they wanted to climb up her pussy.

TLH is popular because it has a godly voice cast and comedic timing which shits all over AT and SU's LOLSORANDOM I SAID A QUIRKY MADE UP WORD XDDDD """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""humor""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>No evidence
You are the evidence you actively enjoy consuming shit because of branding adventure time struggles to pull half the people it used to with its peak episodes

(You)

You are projecting.

I've never said this to anyone, but you're a fucking moron.

Calling them cartoons is insulting to the weebs. it doesn't bother normal people or nips because that's what they literally are. The only reason it's referred to "anime" overseas because it's easier differentiate it for market reasons. Doesn't change the reality that "anime" is literally just a term for "cartoon"

Cartoons are better than anime.

Comics are better than manga.

So for some reason what's popular on Cred Forums matters to cartoon network executives?
Cred Forums doesn't make or cancel shows networks do, viewership does

Says that sweaty manpig who continues to reply.
Go take a nap, and tell your dakimakura I said hi.

>begging the question

And you are a shameless shill
Do you expect kids watching to understand a reference to a show that got cancelled when they were 2 years old?

It's like console fags arguing over better graphics when PC exists.
PC being anime

I never argued that. You're putting words in my mouth

I think it finally pushed open the door for lore in animated kids shows and proved that audiences would stick around for more than just action or comedy.

I mean it bungled it's own but I don't think shows like SU and GF could be what they are/were without it having paved the way for that.

Also I'm pretty sure, for better or for worse, it got the idea of marketing to an older-fandom into the mainstream.

This makes me sad but eh it had to die sometime. I don't get all the hate for it these days that came around the time SU aired like how P&F stopped being liked when GF was a thing.

More creator driven shows. Networks snapping up people with a vision for a cartoon and letting them role with it instead of meddling with it.

In other words you wouldn't have Bojack without Adventure Time

Anime and cartoons are, again, two different things. The word anime has no etymological relation to the word cartoon, it's short for the Japanese spelling of animation. You're also focusing too much on semantics. The animation we call anime is profoundly different from cartoons whether it's called anime, Japanimation or Japanese animation. Even if you called it cartoons, it still wouldn't become the same thing as cartoons.

Cartoons are objectively inferior.

The fact that I reply to you does not mean I'm mad. That's just an arbitrary rule you invented from thin air.

And this is why TTG is one of their top shows despite all the hate from the manchildren

>implying this is their only audience
If you look at the ratings results you will see that a good chunk of the ratings come from viewers aged 18+

Anime and cartoons are the same, deal with it.

This.

please don't tell me AT fans actually think it was the first creator driven show.

actually, if anything, pen ward sat on the sidelines while his storyboarders and underlings cucked him and added their own "vision" to the cartoon, turning it into a jumbled convoluted mess.

Magic man does some shit to Jake.
Jake gets sucked into his own body and discovers a world made up of himself.
Jake has to leave so he can eat, but feels terrible because leaving erases that entire world, including everyone in it.

Teh end.

In what universe are Steamboat Willie and The Wind Rises the same thing?

Cartoons are objectively better. Even the Nutshack and Family Guy are better than 99% of anime.

>Anime is juset a term for animation

Thank you for agreeing with me weeb.

>Cartoons are objectively inferior
There's yet to be an anime franchise that will generate the revenue of a popular western cartoon or even have the same sized audience.

Face it weeb, anime is niche shit beyond moonland. It had its time in the sun in the west and now it's over.

t.An ex weeb

gravity falls was being thought up of by the manlet before adventure time was even a twinkie in pen ward's eye.

maybe it influenced SU, but that cartoon is garbage so who cares

nah, u mad

It's the first one in a while to have been financially successful.

They're both animated showpieces

Go away assburgers

Of course it wasn't the first. But it's massive success made the model more pervasive.

And it started out as Pen's and I guarantee you it's going to end as Pen's.

>Buzzwords
>No arguments
>Denial
>Dumping the responsibility of proving every single point on the other party while explaining his own points with cool, good and you are stupid
You argued for hours and are yet to bring a single fact to the table or make a point beyond I like it shut up
People don't watch it half as often anymore the whole 7 episode mini especial was the high point of the season how many mini especial do yuo think they can pull out of their asses to stay on air? According to cartoon network 0 the great special that beat everything else this season got the fucking show canceled congratulations
>You don't want to argue
>You don't want to liste
>You don't want to make a point
>You want everyone else to shut up
>But when everyone shuts up threads about what happened? Why does nobody talk about Adventure time anymore pop up left and right
>Because nobody is happy with this terrible show but you and you alone
>So when you shut up nonbelivers you shut up everyone else
>And those stupid threads revolver into people saying the same thing we don't like it
>Kids don't like it
>Nobody likes it
>It's getting cancelled
>It's dying
>Because nobody likes it
>Because nobody liked last season
>Because nobody cares
>Get it through your thick skull that if you want to defend this awful show forever no matter what you are going to end up spending a lot of fucking time alone
>Because nobody else wants to

Cartoons are a limited and simple form of short animation revolving around physical comedy, gags, singing and dancing. Anime is much, much more than that and has about the same scope as live action cinema. How often do you hear people claim that cartoons are superior to live action cinema? Never. Why would they be superior to anime just because they are both animated?

I'm not a weeb. You are delusional.

>There's yet to be an anime franchise that will generate the revenue of a popular western cartoon or even have the same sized audience.
I was not talking about financial success.

>Face it weeb, anime is niche shit beyond moonland.
So what?

Projection.

That doesn't mean they're the same thing or even similar.

Yeah but it proved to the networks that those kind of shows could pull in an audience.

I think if GF had been made before AT, Disney would have pushed much harder against the continuity and lore.

No wonder its getting cancelled then faggot 18 year olds don't beg mom and dad for a Finn toy box set on Christmas

Where the hell is this coming from? More people watch anime around the world than they do any American cartoon. Majority of Asian countries as well as western ones know what One Piece is. You can't even compare shows like AT on the same level

Definitely a weeb and definitely mad

You can't use the term "objective" if you aren't gauging financial and audience size success you fucking retard and no anime to date has ever had the financial success or audience size the success western animation has had and it probably never will because most anime is shit.

Nah cartoons are better than anime and live action. You're just mad. Nobody cares about little girls and upskirts except for you, kiddo.

So will Finn be 20 when it ends?

You didn't answer a single question
>Meteorite goes to ooo
>Finn talks meteorite
>Meteorite goes boom
Am I fucking arguing with adventure times writing stuff? Do yuo guys get allowed to use the internet during nappy time?

Oh hi Bubblinefag

Looks like you haven't seen much cartoons if that's how you view things, you goddamn moron.

>POP CULTURE, globally, which Adventure Time has certainly permeated itself into being in

Is AT really a global phenomenon?

this is just factually not true

Good Riddance.

And will still probably be getting cucked by Bubblegum and still be single by the end of it

Cute girls doing cute things is probably the only good thing about anime because the edgy anime is pure shit and will never be in the same argument as a decent live action drama or thriller.

its the simpsons curse

>get on Simpsons as a couch gag
>immediately get cancelled

I don't know why all these autists are getting on your case. every point youve made is pretty sound while they keep spouting nonsense and made up shit

I'm neither.

Why should I be talking about financial success and audience sizes? You're the only one bringing up those.

>most anime is shit.
Meme nonsense, and the actual limiting factor for anime is that it's Japanese. English language media, particularly American media, rules the world. Japanese media has been very internationally successful relatively speaking, but it can't hope to compete against Hollywood and such.

>Nah cartoons are better than anime and live action.
I just explained why that's false.

>You're just mad.
You are projecting.

>Nobody cares about little girls and upskirts except for you, kiddo.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

I described what cartoons are like. What is moronic about that?

It has fans all over the world, that qualifies as a global phenomenon.

>Do you expect kids watching to understand a reference to a show that got cancelled when they were 2 years old?
The episode is enjoyable independent of whether or not you get the reference.

If you don't, the only difference is that Goose just has memories that were made up by magic man.

how many other times has this happened?

That's a bit over one year from now, faggot.

The last episode will start in Marceline's house, PB will come over and sit on the couch next to Marcy. She says she wants to talk. Marcy replies "What is it Bonnie?"
They stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds before they passionately start kissing. They feel each other up fiercely and tare each other's clothes off. They have a 9 minutes sex scene on the couch that ends with them cumming from scissoring. Then the camera zooms out of the television, into live action of a room with Pen in front of the television staring at the camera. He says. "Are you happy now?"

All these replies, and you chose to be a salty weeb.

john K cans without labels

>Adventure time gets posted
>500 replys of the most cuntish and obnoxious behaviour on this board ensues
Why did the pony show get cancelled and not this cancer?

are you being retarded on purpose
you better not be....

still triggered

Keep going

I'm not a weeb.

If you hadn't noticed, all this cuntishness is from some weeaboo who doesn't even like cartoons.

Cartoon network have this show wat more respect than it deserved
I would have plugged the plug a d Twitter about it like regular show

if that were true then Cred Forums and Cred Forums would have merged into one board

You are the one who got triggered. This has been established already.

>Both Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa will end in 2017
>Both Adventure Time & Gumball will end in 2018.
Who's next for 2019?

That guy was going to be adamant no matter how powerful the argument so the only solution is to use retarded arguments and see just how far I can go.

>Regular Show Ended
>Adventure Time Ended
>Steven Universe is doing fine

Ok let's hear those "powerful" arguments then.

I don't know if you're new or what, but the pony show wasn't cancer, it was a fucking epidemic

But you are still salty tho right.
Do you prefer the term wapanese?

No
It's form fucking underage tumblr girls
It's always from underage tumblr girls, why couldn't we get invaded by Cred Forums posting Spiderman or banana or pol calling everyone a degenerate instead why out of all the cancer on the internet did we get stuck with tumblr?
I wish I could pull a southpark an purge my life from all social sites forever
Cooking here back when I was 16 instead of going to parties with my friends was a mistake

#cartoonsarebetterthananime

ABOUT FUCKING TIME

I stopped watching after the Stakes special, anything I misser that wasn't trash?

Well when its competition is TTGO and nuPPG that's not really surprising

I'm not salty either. You are projecting.

No they aren't.

I remember it
It wasn't half as bad as Cred Forums is today

Not worth the effort for someone who ignores truth.

There's no way for you to argue cartoons are better. It would be almost identical to trying to argue that cartoons are better than live action cinema.

Animation style
Writing style
Character design

The strawpoll from the other day says otherwise. I'm pretty sure that this perceived anti-fanbase you've formed consists of only 8 guys.

Damn straight, I remember those dark times on Cred Forums when EVERY FUCKING THREAD had pony shit in it.

Hell, I remember one specific case where I was story timing a comic and some Pony-fag started posting "reaction" images to different scenes.

SU is not an epidemic, but it comes close with the amount of Pearl, Peridot, Lapis, and Steven posting that occurs in non-SU threads.

And now every single thread has tumblr in it

Cartoon animation is very limited compared to anime. The writing is barely even worth mentioning. The character designs are simplistic.

>this thread
I'm thoroughly convinced at fans are the most aggressively autistic people on Cred Forums
how can a dead fanbase still be so malignant holy fuck

anime sucks

cartoons are ABAP

I know this is bait but you probably still believe this. Get fucked you overnature eltist bitch.

Like I get that AT had some bad years, but the new season generally had me interested again. Feels bad senpai

No.

It's the other way around, animation in anime gets rid of key frames to make it look more fast removing impact all together from hits and its overly blessed with special effects and flowey shit that looks like shit on screen
The writing is barely worth mentioning in both but at least cartoons aren't so fetishy and wierd
Anime character design gets copy pasted from other shows more often than not
Boom done no need for 4 hours of arguing

did the word "senpai" just get auto-replaced with senpai?

thank the maker

WHY CANT I SAY FAMM IM NOT REFFERING TO MY ELDER SUPERIOR WHY GOD

Already did long time ago

The smaller the fanbase the worse apparently
I guess when complaining about Steven universe you get bombarded with replys from 25 people and completely overwhelmed to the point you can't even follow the train of thought an ymore but imagine those people in 4 years from now when steven universe is getting cancelled they will be even worse than at fans

Is this your first day on Cred Forums?

Princess Bubblegum miniseries when?

This show brought me back to western cartoon. It has a special position in my heart. I am glad Adventure Time can have a good, planned end, before decaying to complete shit and get cancelled

If you like it so much offer it a blood sacrifice fill at least two jars with it

is pepsi ok?

An era is ending.

Why are people so upset? For crying out loud the show has:
>250+ episodes
>9 Seasons
>2 mini-series
>1 movie

The show had a good run, it's time to pull the plug.

>Bubblegum and Marcilene munch carpet all day while Finn takes care of the kingdom
Cuck Time with Finn and Jake

>2018 years
>immediately

Yes empty bottles of Pepsi are also ok

It's nice we got a warning now. Lots of stuff to still get through. Boy I hope the last season is good

So they are going out with a whimper.

Anime has a very wide range of animation due to its very wide range of subject matter and its use of cinematic principles. Realistic character acting, exaggerated character acting, realistic action, exaggerated action, effects, mechanical objects, surrealism, odd camera angles, freely moving cameras... animators are also able to cultivate recognizable personal styles.

>The writing is barely worth mentioning in both
Yes, let's just act like Haibane Renmei and a Mickey Mouse short are on equal terms here.

>but at least cartoons aren't so fetishy and wierd
Yet Cred Forums is constantly talking about all the fetishes they've gotten from Western animation. And even here you single out all the "fetishy and weird" anime.

>Anime character design gets copy pasted from other shows more often than not
No they don't. You are probably thinking that because anime characters have broadly similar faces (at least they can nearly always be recognized as being manga/anime characters), they must be copies of each other. For some bizarre reason Westerners are utterly obsessed with faces and cannot consider anything else in character design. Which is likely a big reason why Western character design is inferior.

Exaggeratig ATs influence a bit, but cant say it's done nothing. Many writers that worked on AT were given a chance to work on their own. Steven Universe, OTGW, Turbo Something Pizza I think, Bee and Puppy Cat, Jesse went on to focus on another project. AT definately opened multiple opportunities writers hat have created shows we love today

that's still two years worth of content. honestly I was expecting it to go on for much longer like the Simpsons. guess it's doing so poorly now in ratings and merch CN doesn't need it anymore

Jeremy Shada confirmed that the next miniseries actually will involve Finn this time. Florida Supercon 2016

Same. Hopefully these last couple seasons continue to improve.

It all started with this guy. So you should thank him first.

>hurr they wont let me shit on a show
>hurr autistic fanbase

Wasn't only season 6 bad though?

>RS ended
Not until 2017
>AT ended
Not until 2018

SU also came about three years after the former two

We're from a time when people expressed their opinions without layering it in multiple layers of irony because they feel self conscious on the internet.

I'm actually hoping that if they do a PB miniseries it will be different than what Stakes was. I honestly did not like Stakes but then again I'm not really a Marceline fan either.

I think they can give us glimpses of people in PB's life, like Uncle Gumbald.

Steven Universe

You guys really hate anime dont you?

it's a shit show so yes it's quite autistic to defend a pile of shit that is at

Some of season 5.2 wasn't that great either.

But 99% of everything sucks not just with anime

True, but Flapjack did nothing for the shows I mentioned.

nice argument there my friend how will I ever recover?

I miss that word

Well it made Adventure Time happen right? Not only that, but Regular Show and Gravity Falls aswell.

>muh Waifufagging show is popular

The last one? The talkback threads. You want us to discuss the lack of new episodes?

>fetishy and wierd
Is this wrong?

>You're so retarded that you don't realize I insulted your hardon for nip animation by calling anime "cartoons"

But anime are cartoons user.

Stakes involved Finn too
What did he say, that it would be about him or something?

there is no recovering from autism I'm afraid :^(

>replying to an hour old post at the same time, one on your phone (image.jpg)
what were you hoping to accomplish here

Why are Loud Housefags so terrible?

Anime and cartoons are two different things.

Children.
Manchildren.

>pointing out logical fallacies are buzzwords
Have you ever considered learning how to argue?

>half as much watch it
And a bear shits in the woods

>mini series was the high point
Your point?

>show got cancelled
Yet season 9 is still in production. If the show was cancelled all production for the show would have ended, but that's not what's happening is it?

>I don't want to argue
What are we doing right now

>show is SHIT LISTEN TO ME YOU HEAR ME THE SHOW IS SHIT YOU ALL LOVE SHIT
And that's as far as your little critque goes.

I'm picking at your argument, not presenting a new one.

I only see one (You) there user

I'm assuming he was disatisfied with Finn appearances. Considering that Finn IS a major character in the series, for Jeremy Shada to say Finn will actually be involved would at least suggest Finn has the spotlight

RIP AT, even if you were shitty at times you're still one of my favorite CN shows. Now I'm just hoping for a strong ending and that Pen is actually able to make the movie and it isn't canceled or anything.

AT deserves most of the criticisms it got but I think it earned the praise it has too, even if people jerked off over how deep it was too much.

Yes, but my previous statement still stands

If there is so much variety in anime why don't you show me some of those thousands of Wiley different ones I always hear people claim exist but I see no trace of
Limit yourself to this year I don't want you posting for a straight week

So since they got the word so far in advance, does this mean they'll actually change some shit in the future? Like have status quo changes that aren't just the characters getting some character development?

If there was ever a time to do it it's now.

>inb4 "Steven Universe is ending" is announced this year.
Screencap this.

Falseflag attempts so he can later say the fanbase is shit because they respond to me like that.

Happens more often than you think.

>Rick and Morty appeared on a couch gag

please no

Holy shit is it this easy to make somebody flip out on Cred Forums with casual comments
Why did you greentext all those things like a malfunctioning robot
Why are you so determined to fight with someone who clearly doesn't care

Underrated post

I fucking loved this show, but it's about time they finished it. The quality was beginning to falter and I was starting to think we were going to have another zombie series like fop or spongebob.

So for real though, status on the fucking movie CN?

There's been no news about it since it was announced last year, that seems like a very bad sign.

>RS and AT are on their way out

End of an era. I was 18 when they premiered, now am 24 and might have a child on the way. Feels kind of good desu. I doubt any shows that will be cranked out by CN will come close to the cultural impact of those two. It was weird and amazing while it lasted even if the past few years weren't kind to them.

I'd rather them end and have a proper send off than be turned into a Spongebob situation- most people forget the greatest seasons just because it's been on so long. I want people to remember RS and AT as they were when they first gained speed, not as a former shell of themselves. I'm glad.

There is no variety in anime and there never was but it doesnt stop me liking it

Cool

maybe now I can start watching this

The AT pilot premiered in 2006 so you're wrong buddy0

I feel bad for the people who honestly love this show. Always sucks to hear a show you love is ending but at least you know there's 2 more years.

Personally, I stopped really enjoying it after season 1. There was too much romance and I didn't enjoy the serious drama.

The end can't come soon enough.

Goodbye Cuckventure Time.

>People taking this as bad news

Literally 2 years of content plus enough time to actually get a proper finale to close the series. That's a good thing.

Meanwhile, Regular Show got a season cut short and now have to rush their finale or not have one at all.

Been watching this show since I was like fucking 14 and now I'm in college, feels sad man. This show is what even got me involved in Internet communities cause I wanted to talk about it with other people but no one around me watched it, first came to Cred Forums during the season 3 finale with Flame Princess. Only 4 years but felt a lot longer.

Obviously you can't really say that the show got fucked or anything because, holy shit, has fucking over 200 episodes man, Sym-Bionic Titan wishes it had a tenth of that run, but it's still sad to see man. Even when it was floundering around being retarded I was always super invested and it was always a good time shooting the shit with other homos on Cred Forums about it.

Hope the remaining seasons are good, I'd be happy if they were up to season 7's standards. It being announced 2 years beforehand is really good since it gives people time to accept that it's gonna finish. Goodnight sweet prince, glad you had a good run.

>this is the fanbase of cuckventure time

Fuck it almost reached spongbob level seasons.

Something I've been invested in for years is ending, call me a cuck all you want but I don't care dude.

On one hand, I'm glad this show is finally wrapping up after so long. And it looks like we'll have tons of content before it reaches it's end. Plus, with an ending date in sight, they can wrap up whatever plot threads are still left and hopefully give the show the best ending it can get.

On the other hand, I'm sad that a show I love is finally coming to an end after all these years. It's been one helluva ride. Here's hoping that this show goes out with a bang.

Ha! I told you so!

Adventure Time is just a fad that'll be a literally what material in month's notice.

>Steven Universe is doing fine

He doesnt know :)

Sorry SU fans but RS has a finite ending coming sooner than you think

Why are you sitting around in a thread of something you dislike so much

Kys retarded tumblr shill you are the only reason cartoons get pander to girls now wich means no action and Tom's of crying
Get a black dildo so deep into your rectum it Pierce's your fucking heart and you die

During last/just ended season we had, for example

>91 Days
A revenge drama set in prohibition era America about a a man who joins the mafia in order to avenge his family.

>Sweetness and Lightning
A comedy-drama about a recently widowed man and his daughter who bond together through cooking.

>Battery
A drama about middle school baseball players.

>Berserk
A popular dark fantasy series known for its fairly extreme content.

>New Game
A slice of life comedy about a game development studio.

>Orange
Drama. The main character receives a letter from her future self warning her that a new classmate of his will eventually commit suicide.

>Tales of Zestiria the X
An adaptation of what seems to be a pretty conventional JRPG. Or actually two JRPGs.

>Time Travel Girl
An educational show about a girl who travels through time and meets famous scientists.

>Love Live Sunshine
High school girls form an idol group.

>Taboo Tattoo
A self-awarely ridiculous battle fantasy about people who gain supernatural powers through tattoos implanted on them.

>Binan Koukou
A parody of Sailor Moon and similar shows, except the characters are all boys.

The season before that:

>Re:Zero
A young man suddenly finds himself in a fantasy world, and also discovers that every time he dies he gets sent back to a previous point in time.

>Joker Game
A thriller about Japanese spies operating during World War II.

>Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Zombie survival in a Japanese steampunk setting.

>Kumamiko
A comedy about a shrine maiden living in a tiny rural village with a talking bear.

>Flying Witch
A very Ghibli-esque slice of life story about a witch who moves into a small town.

>Concrete Revolutio
Something like the Watchmen of anime. Deals with Japan's political history in the 20th century.

>Bungou Stray Dogs
The characters are all based on famous Japanese authors and have appropriate superpowers.

>High School Fleet
Naval trainees are forced to engage in sea battles.

You enjoy a show that, after the first three seasons, became a cuck fantasy. Ergo, you're a cuck.

Except season six wasn't "bad" either. It had like 3 or 4 controversial episodes that a bunch of people here hated, but otherwise it was great.

I'm done with you retard
Enjoy your dead show, you killed it

Sym-bionic Titan did have a tenth of that run.

Whatever you say man.

I haven't watched it in years, I only remember it having like ten or twelve episodes. Whoops on my part.

Cheers

>"W-whatever! I don't care what you think!"

It's ok user, you can still use Steven Universe as your safe space.

The show's seventh season opener, however, took a substantial ratings tumble, being watched by only 1.07 million viewers.
Wikipedia adventure time, I can't copy since phone
Suck a dick angry cunt suck a dick and die HAHAHAAHAAHA
Literally 1/3 of the viewership left
How does shit taste like, how runny is the writers shit slipping down your throat

But if I'm a cuck I wouldn't give a shit about all those annoying lesbians, that would do nothing for me.

>just a fad
8 years, 9 seasons, 300 episodes, most successful cartoon of the past decade at least

Damn dude, you care way too much about him not caring about you.

That's just sad.

Out of all these only 91 Days stands out simply because it's first mafia anime that doesn't involve magic bullshit. And its quality certainly stands out.

Even then nothing you listed is original. Sports anime? SoL anime based on 4-koma about dykes? Educational show? Battle fucking fantasy?

Not to mention that Berserk is fucking atrocious, Taboo Tattoo is "self-awarely" fucking awful.

Let me get this straight, I don't like Adventure Time, I don't like any of the cartoons that currently air, but anime industry is awful right now, a lot of shows you mentioned are actually decent, but they'll be forgotten forever once their respective seasons pass because none of them offer anything new at all.

Except for kick-ass animation by Ufotable that made adaptation that surpasses source.

I sincerely hope you are at least half as angry and bitter in your daily life as you have been here hAh
I'm going to tidy up amd buy booz since I have friends coming here tonight enjoy being sad, bitter an alone
Thank you cartoon network for killing tumblr
Thank you for stoping this nightmare

>tfw all these cuntrarians itt
>tfw I recognize AT had a slump
>tfw I recognize that it recovered
>tfw I recognize recently its had both hits and misses, as expected of any show that goes on this long
>tfw I still enjoy it and am glad we've gotten as much as we have

Another season, wonderful.

Finn should be smashing the fuck outta big bads including guys like Marceline and that Ice bitch that froze them without any problem.

Instead we have him as, whatever the fuck the writers think is a success now.

Finally. It was only a matter of time once the show started making it's fun protagonists into losers, and converting the show into storyboarder's personal fanfics.

This is what shipping and "muh deepest fic" leads to.

Words mean shit to me
Just post pictures to show me the different art styles I can figure out if a character is designed for action scenes alone
Plus tell me if the character shoots Blu light effects from their fingers and fly or they can only bend reality a tiny bit
Hell point to me anything with animation like cowboy bebop or samurai champloo that's among the finest animation I have ever seen in anime

>Adventure Time changed the definition of what a kids’ TV series could be
Not really

Yeah I don't get this meme either

>still no preboot/reboot ETA

It made a lot of kids realize they are gay
It was never done in cartoons before

Disney made a lot of kids realize they are furfags in the 90's.

Well, I get it. It's called the truth.

The shows ending so of course everyone's gonna say flattering and nice things about it.

>Even then nothing you listed is original.
Nobody said they're all supposed to be original. And why should they be?

>Not to mention that Berserk is fucking atrocious, Taboo Tattoo is "self-awarely" fucking awful.
Your opinion on the quality of these shows is irrelevant. I was asked about variety in anime and that's what my answer was based on.

>anime industry is awful right now
This is a meme.

>Just post pictures to show me the different art styles I can figure out if a character is designed for action scenes alone
You can't figure out from a description that Sweetness and Lightning is not an action show?

>Hell point to me anything with animation like cowboy bebop or samurai champloo that's among the finest animation I have ever seen in anime
If you actually watched anime more than super casually you would know that there's tons and tons of high quality animation all over the place. There's nothing unique about Bebop or Champloo.

here is your reply

Did you miss season 7?

>too much romance
Like 5 of those user

My point was that even though it may seem that you can choose from many genres, there's really no variety.

From season to season you just watch either SoL comedy (Flying Witch -> New Game), either battle fantasy (Boku no Hero Academia -> Taboo Tattoo), a mecha show from Sunrise. But how is that any different from action comedies that Western cartoons offer all the time?

Isn't it a good that it's ending?

The bad thing is that it overstayed its welcome.

Yeah, but if you still liked it/liked it at any point in the run it's still sad to see it go even if it is for the best.

AT got me back into cartoons after not having watched any for 20 years. Even if it went downhill, I wouldn't be here now without it.

But flying witch was great and user forgot best show from summer season Amanchu. Oh anime industry has always been shit

How so? What cucking is there in AT?

>watching shounen

There's tons of variety, and dramatically more than in American shows.

New Game and Flying Witch are not interchangeable just because they share genres, nor are BnHA and Taboo Tattoo. New Game is similar to K-On with some minor fanservice, while Flying Witch has very strong Ghibli influences (Kiki's Delivery Service and others). They have clearly different styles. But you would actually have to watch them or look into them in detail to know that.

Sabagebu and Stella C3 are both about school girls playing airsoft, yet they are completely different from each other too.

>including specials
A television format movie special.

I need more Akane in my life, desu.

I just hate when Cred Forumsutists are being delusional and act as if anime industry is fine.

It is fine.

Well, Sonic Boom and Teen Titans Go are both 10 minutes episodic action comedies, but Sonic Boom is about differently colored "animals" and Teen Titans Go is about superheroes.

There's ton of variety!

>episode leaks
>network doesnt advertise
>ratings drop on the network as a whole
Who would have thought?

Cred Forums knows that industry is not fine but thing is that they just dont care and why would they? Nobody on Cred Forums including me buys anime

lel

Excellent.

New Game and Flying Witch, as I just said, are different shows. They are not the same thing or only superficially different just because they share genres.

The amount of variety in American animation is tiny compared to anime.

The industry is fine.

I know he's joking but goddamn i woud pay money to see that

So does this mean FP will go down in history as an irredeemable piece of shit?

hot

Obviously, that's what she's always been.

triggered

That shit better come with a Finn GF or i'll be pissed

Damn it. It would've been so easy just to make her a bubblegum who's not a prudish cunt but nooo let's all dance by the mary sue territory

Prepare to be pissed.

They got on good terms.
youtube.com/watch?v=dDaR9GfRLzI
I still think her whole character was a mistake though. Thanks Sugar.

The real question is will we get more Huntress Wizard?
youtube.com/watch?v=TxJGnALYmHg

Did that little cat ninja thing ever get a second episode?

>Marceline and PB's arcs all planned out and sunshine & rainbows with care and love
>Finn's arcs is Hindenburg.webm

Cred Forums's tears will be delicious.

>Marceline and PB's arcs all planned out and sunshine & rainbows with care and love
yeah like how they erased 90% of Marceline's personality?

meanwhile Finn's arcs have always been the focus of the entire show, even season 6 which everyone hates? they fucked his shit up a few times but don't be so pissy, and just because they may not throw some ho at him doesn't mean they despise him or anything.

fuuuuuuck off bubblinefag go back to your deviantard hugbox

Me-Mow? Yeah. Watch Angel Face from season 7. Great Episode.

Me-Meow?

I think he did

.>482 / 40 / 142 / 4 [
>hate fun
>love to complain
never change Cred Forums

Don't care about them I just like seeing Finn suffer.

Alright fine, I am a bit pissy. Also a writer or 2 came out of the closet and said they despised Finn.

Also as much as I love S1-2 Marcy, you've got those percentagaes backwards. 10% is Season 1 and 2, the other 90 is the development after WWM.

Sure retard the two million 8 year olds who watch the show just torrented the episode
Does it hurt being so stupid? Is this the reason you hide your tiny sense of self worth (that you don't even deserve) behind a shitty tv show?

I mean, sure. The writers and storyboaders can branch out unto other animated shows and aren't stigmatizing their potential.

Hirsch had the right mentally with Gravity Falls, he knew, like summer, the show would be ephemerally. And that, although it gained a cult following with beloved fans, it is good to keep the memories perserved.

Same with Bryke, they knew Avatar the Last Airbender would be three seasons and nothing beyond because they wanted a shoe with a beginning, middle, and end.

I'd say Sugar who stemmed from Adventure Time and branched out unto Steven Universe, yet, unfortunately, I can see SU having the same effect as AT.

man that was one dude who changed his ways.
and I meant how they erased all the personality Marceline used to have compared to now, she's just there at this point.

In the case of Avatar, their plot still ended in the most pants on head retarded fashion imaginable so having condensed series doesn't always translate into good story telling.

>implying the show hasn't had a fanbase of 20-somethings since 1999

Sugar at least has plan in where the story arc is going, which AT didn't and was ultimately they're downfall when they leaned to heavily it.

As long as she keeps it in mind not to stretch things out she should be ok.

Stop pushing this "creator doesnt like a show because I dont" meme

>smearing
>different line weights
>different colour outlines
>cheapest to animate

ok buddy

Good riddance. Now all that's left is to cancel SJW Tumblrverse. After those shows are gone, we can finally get back to restoring CN to it's former glory

>we can finally get back to restoring CN to it's former glory
What the fuck are you going to do?

I stopped watching after the shitshow that was the S6 ending, did the show get any better? I mean, probably not much better since it was cancelled, but it wasn't that shit, was it?

Season 7 was for sure better than 6, but I'm not sure if it was good enough to get someone who already dropped it to keep caring about it.

What kind words. Thank you,pal.

S7 is quite good.