What should I expect? I put off watching this since it's supposedly based on a video game

What should I expect? I put off watching this since it's supposedly based on a video game.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/pnixYFQ4
brotherhoodoftofuv2.tumblr.com/comics
lefilmfrancais.com/digital/123457/annecy-2015-ankama-deploie-ses-licences-au-cinema-en-serie-tv-et-sur-les-nouvelles-plateformes
staticns.ankama.com/comm/news/wakfu/www/10_2013/q-a-ryf.pdf
dofus.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/resources/378-sporme-champ-champ
youtube.com/watch?v=H6t5lKjRMs8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Suffering

>What should I expect?
A good time

Best villian ever

hips, adventure, feels, and filler.

A villain that you like more than heroes

>yfw 20 minutes

>liking Nox more than based Percedal or Ruel

Nox was a fantastic villain, but let's not pretend the main cast wasn't exemplary before season 2

A show thats miles upon miles better than the game itself

French Avatar The Last Airbender

A really well done animated series. Once you get over the fact that it's in French, it's just good time till the finish line.

nox did nothing wrong

>commits genocide
>can't even save his family

Since we're doing this again, I can share something. I've finally watched the Dofus movie.

I just say, it was really, really good. I was a bit worried after watching the OVA. But it turned out to be surprisingly good, I mean everything worked. The pacing was perfect, the side characters were entertaining and the story was well-executed. I really liked how during the finale they subverted the themes they established at the very beginning.

The only real gripe I have with the movie was that Bakara's character was very underdeveloped. She ended up being surprisingly flat and uninteresting despite having a lot of potential. In the end even Khan got more characterization, which was strange because he was, as pointed out by Bakara herself, the token idiot. Then again if True Blood taught me anything it's that when you have a character who's irredeemably awful there's only one way they can go, so maybe it's that.

On a side note though, why did they change Joris' best friend to be Lilotte? I thought his best friend was that bird-shark thingy, the son of Bashi or whatever his name was, the shark-man who was Kerubim's friend. I'm not complaining, Lilotte was cute and hilarious and I loved how they animated her running on all fours, she really felt like a dog-person, but still, that's odd. Also I thought Kerubim's greatest nemesis was the dog-guy, not Atcham? They had this whole "rivalry over a girl" thing. I mean sure, again, Atcham was more interesting, but still. And where was Simone in all that? I feel like she'd be able to effortlessly kick Julith's ass. Those are minor nitpicks of course, the movie work on it's own, but I wanted to see if I didn't simply miss something.

Why is Razortime so perfect?

Dofus is good too.

>expressive face
>huge huggable belly
>makes cute noises
>can kick the ass of anybody who questions your man-on-soulless-machine ways

10/10 would destroy tree-huggers' kingdom with again.

furrybait the series

>What should I expect?
L'AVENTURE!

You're thinking of Sonic, there's not that much furry-bait in Wakfu. There are way more on-furry attractive female characters than furry ones. If anything it's waifu-bait, but hardly furry-bait.

its based off an MMO. dont put it off because of that. I've played the game and its mostly boring but the show is fantastic.

pros: Expect quality art, quality animation where it counts. Good characters, good story, good pay off.

cons: poor pacing, poor dub (watch the fan subs)

its slow to get started but all pays off as you go.

also waifus galore.

Other than Pandarosas and Ecaflips, who else is furry?

I suppose you could say necro-bait for Xelor and granny-fuckers for Enutrof?

Dofus has all sorts of 'animal' races. The dog people like Lou and Lilotte being the most presented.

They're technically monsters too, so no "they're humans that just look like their gods" excuse.

You know they made a figure of him, right?

One in each of the five Wakfu DX figs.

We don't know her race aren't humans. They're presented as monsters in the game, but all enemies you can fight are. Including bandits and Goultard.

hit the nail on the head, basically.

I also recommend that you DON'T watch the dubbed one, watch it in French.

While this thread is here, anyone got a good link to download the Dofus movie? I got it just as the sub team finished it but now I can't find the fucking thing and might have deleted it

All I'm saying is that wakfu and dofus should get a furry pass. The french got qt down to a science

Speaking of which, what "race" is Joris, Julith and Jash? I don't think they follow any particular god, do they?

>On a side note though, why did they change Joris' best friend to be Lilotte? I thought his best friend was that bird-shark thingy, the son of Bashi or whatever his name was, the shark-man who was Kerubim's friend.
Well, he's about 10 and he's moved to a new city. That calls for a new best friend. I can relate.

>Also I thought Kerubim's greatest nemesis was the dog-guy, not Atcham?
I wouldn't say Indie was his nemesis, at least not by the end of the series. After Atcham's episode, it even sounded like Indie and Kerub would team up again against Atcham. Their rivalry was strong, perhaps extreme, but Atcham literally wanted Kerub dead.

>And where was Simone in all that?
She has a cameo when Kerub first goes to meet Bakara, but essentially they wanted to avoid referencing too many characters or past events in the movie to keep it accessible to a broad audience. There's already quite a bit to chew on for someone who's never been exposed to the setting.

>A villain that you like more than heroes
nice meme

GOAT
O
A
T

I still need to find a frame to fit this poster.

Not anymore, probably. They're the next playable class.

This and other links:
pastebin.com/pnixYFQ4

Human. Julith and Jahash were Huppermages, which indeed don't worship the gods. It's unclear whether Joris picks up Huppermage abilities later on but it may well be the case.

His parents were Huppermages but it's not a class associated with gods or souls like most others. It's a magic that's learned at Huppermage academies, even by other classes. Baraka's Pandawa boyfriend studied it with her there.

>Not anymore, probably. They're the next playable class.

Yeah, I'm hearing that Ankama might retcon them to worship Edaflip under the name and image of Ouginak. Sounds kinda bull.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to avoid increasing the god count. "World of Twelve" has been around long enough that it would be awkward to change now. I was gonna say "World of Thirteen" doesn't sound as catchy either, but that's hardly a concern in France.

I can understand that but isn't Ouginak a demon/shushu they worship? It wouldn't effect the count.

wakfu fighting game when

There's more than thirteen (with future Yugo) gods.

The Twelve are the ruling body.

i imagine yugo would play a lot like gargos in KI.

Probably not since that would make them demons.

I think it's reasonably safe to say, based on past experience, that if a god is important enough to have a class based on them they will likely join the pantheon like Pandawa and Sacrier did.

>tfw used to play Dofus a decade ago so I'm too salty towards Ankama's jewness and the lore's laziness to ever like anything from that line
Fucking Rolex, Adidas and sadomaso

>Canigou
Fucking hacks.

Ankama didn't make the game, Ankama Games did. Different people.

Like Steam and Valve.

That shit was rough.

That is a very good comparison, actually.

It's massively overrated. It's not bad, but don't put your expectations too high

a good series
except for the final OVAs which feel unexplained with the MCs acting pretty much out of character
everything regarding ogrest needed more exposition (and yes, I did watch the ogrest ova)

A fun series. Expect some half baked aspects, like characters never given quite the development you'd hope and the world not properly explained in some aspects because they want you to play the game. It's pretty entertaining though and when shit gets real, it gets pretty real.

Ankama games is part of Ankama, and the lore is still full of dumb lazy names.

>implying the games explain the lore
It's even more vague.

Valve owns a company called Steam?

>qilby doesn't shit on nox for trying something like that
>oh wow, this guy is wise
>but then, le evil face

I just want a good guy that's on the other side of the coin, like justice knight being a main antagonist or something like that

You get that in the Dofus movie, definitely. Julith is very much an antihero and is completely redeemed by the end of the movie (which isn't a spoiler here, let's be honest, it's obvious).

Also it seems something like that is gonna be a part of the next series, what's with Adamai being on the opposing side of the fence this time around.

But was Adamai ever truly a good guy? (insert NWF essay here)

>Dofus movie was fucking beautiful
>Actually had the right amount of everything minus maybe a bit of inappropriate moments for comic relief
>Book 2 and 3 aren't likely because it flopped hard in Japan
Whatever comic con announcement they have better be good.

I personally hated the show a lot, only reason I finished it is it's pretty good deck building background noise and I was building a cube from scratch.

Nox is the only good thing, if you want to masturbate it's also good I guess as it pushes some risqué levels. Don't go in thinking there's substance, it's a pretty shitty show.

At least they explain the gods. Everyone who only watches the show thinks that they're all different races entirely. It could have been cool world building to explain the codes all these characters are bound by.

A poor, frenchman's Avatar the Last Airbender.
The main cast are likable enoughbut alla bit one-note and never get fleshed out enough.
Lots of filler episodes which don't really add anything and harm the pacing
Some good worldbuilding and action when the plot of Season 1 kicks in
A charismatic villain
Animation which improves in quality throughout
A decent balance of action, humor and romance
A good arc to kick off the second season
A plot which starts to fall apart after that
3 OVAs which will likely test your interest in the franchise
An abundance of incredibly attractive female characters

>Tfw just bought a NOX, Yugo, and Ruel fig, along with a Tofu plush

I just wish I knew how long it'd take to get to my house

Almost all of these points sound better than what I've seen of ATLA, and Wakfu's filler was also much more entertaining.

Am I there only one who liked season 2? I know it got crammed full of filler in the middle but it was at least more fun filler than season 1s and I actually liked Qilby. He wasn't as sympathetic but he was tied to yugo giving him a bit more impact on our main cast, fun to watch fight, and those final 4 episodes were the perfect amount of insane.

>What should I expect?
A good time followed by a long hiatus until next summer.

>And where was Simone in all that?
Look for the only non-blue Osamodas in the movie.

Actually killed a main character back when that meant something.

>>Dofus movie was fucking beautiful

It was. Absolutely everything was done exactly right. The beginning clearly establishes the protagonists, the villain and the stakes and ends with the first confrontation. The middle is a journey throughout which characters are developed, their morals and skills tested and they prepare to face the villain. The ending is a cinematic showdown in which the previously established themes are subverted, the characters are allowed to shine and the antagonist is redeemed. It was pitch-perfect story-telling. It was fucking text book.

It's strange watching this movie after having watched the OVA. It felt like they lost their ability to tell a linear story after season 1, but here it is. The more I ponder it the more I'm beginning to think it's actually better than season 1 in terms or raw story-telling.

Although throughout the entire thing I kept waiting for the twist where Joris is reveled to be incarnated god Ecaflip, since Kerubim and Atcham kept referring to him as "dad" in the OVA, but the way this was explained was even better.

Man, I wish they actually made more of those. Joris is such a fun character, I just want to see more of him and Lilotte, taking care of little Kerubim and Atch.

One thing still bugs me though. Is it ever explained who Shu was? Because at this point I've watched the first season, the second season, Kerubim's Bazaar, the OVA and the Dofus movie and I STILL don't understand the full extent of what the second episode of OVA was supposed to be about

I can't believe the tournaments were so hype, I hate soccer but I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy the SHIT out of those episodes

I generally prefered season 1's filler, it seems more joyful, unique and memorable. I did enjoy season 2 despite its flaws, though. The early season was nice but it just dragged on way too long past the middle point and should have just focused on Qilby after he was introduced. All the traveling was okay in season 1 since they were establishing the cast and doing worldbuilding, but after a full season and the climax of season 2, and even a consistent arc with Rubilaxia, going back to aimless wandering was just a drag.

For all that I'm still glad we got to see the Cursed Fountain, Cléophée, Black Ink and Elaine, and even the Boufball arc could have been fun if they had maybe made it two episodes instead of three. You can see the good stuff is there, but it keeps getting diluted by France 3's demands to make the show easier to pick up randomly.

I actually really liked Quilby as a villain. He gets a lot of bad rep but he's genuinely the most memorable part of season 2. He seemed so... Unhinged. His laughter in that mid-season finale when he confronts Adamai, his smugness and this blend of complete inability to control his emotions coupled with deep self-reflection and almost nihilism.

He's a surprisingly complex character who was really well acted and in the end, got the short end of the stick, because the season they decided to use him in, was pretty shit. There was so much more they could have done with him.

So is season 3 happening because of the interest the Kickstarter brought?

>Is it ever explained who Shu was?
Who?

>in japan
God damnit, why did I type that.

They hammered that Gimmick so hard that some of us actually ended up enjoying it. Even now I think it was completely ingenious to present the final fight of the Dofus movie in the form of a Gobbawl match.

Still, 3 episodes for a match is a bit much.

The cat-guy they fought in the Ecaflip dimension. Did I misremember his name?

I'm kind of in the same boat. Don't give a shit about watching sports but the first arc was super hype. Second one not so much, they got lazy with the crowd shots and the story was a little cringeworthy. And then the Dofus finale. The critic in me thought "here we go again" but I'd be lying if I said it didn't work really well.

Oh, Ush Galesh. He's mostly from the Remington comics:
brotherhoodoftofuv2.tumblr.com/comics

I disagree. ATLA's fillers generally taught you something about either the setting, the lore or the characters, which deepened your investment in the main plot. Wakfu's fillers didn't really do anything other than show a 22 minute adventure.
They weren't necessarily bad episodes but they harmed the pacing and overall narrative.

And the reason it worked so well was because they started with Gobbawl. The whole deal with Joris wanting to get his ball signed was what started the entire movie and because of that the ending becomes a briliant subversion. At the time I didn't even see that coming but when I took a step back I was like "yes, actually, that IS the perfect way to execute that fight, this way absolutely all plots end up being resolved one way or another.

Prepare for thighs

I think it's Ush. Comic character, like Percimoleand such. The whole OVA was a giant excuse to have crossovers and it bugged me how convoluted that got. I'm gonna be happy to get to season 3 and move along from that. Dofus movie restored my faith in the series.

MOTHER
FUCKING
BOUFBOWL

>I'm gonna be happy to get to season 3 and move along from that.
inb4 they introduce more characters from the Brotherhood of the Forgotten.

I still don't get how the fuck Percimol could even be there.

I'm more confused as to why Otomai had to be there. It's making me think anyone with a name at this point is immortal.

This.

I love both villains for different reasons.

Even Bishoujorabourg was good, if way too compressed. Adele is a good buildup too.

Rushu was okay.

Only villains I hated are Remy and Grany.

S3 happening because the dub got Netflix interested, and people watching S1, 2, and the movies got Netflix to order S3 and a Krosmaster cartoon.

>It's making me think anyone with a name at this point is immortal.

Otomai has been the son of a god since Dofus. Him and Goultard were actually the first demigod characters.

Ah, ok. I don't know too much about the games lore to be fair. Just a weird thing to introduce without even a word or batted eye.

Source on the Krosmaster cartoon?

It goes deeper.

Feca created the Mechasms, the creatures Qilby stole the heart of their leader from causing them all to go berserk and cause the destruction of mortal dragons and most Eliatropes.

Feca is the mother of Otomai, who created Ogrest.

So Feca is responsible for the two biggest disasters in the universe.

Rushu is the second most responsible for bad things happening, but not only does he do them on purpose but he was actually taught to be evil from humans. Who were created by Osamodas, and given knowldge by...Feca.

The third most responsible is Sadida, who split his soul into many dolls. Two of the female dolls caused horrible things, one for being the reason Ogrest turned evil and the other having sex with Iop and giving birth to a gigantic apocalypse-bringing monster.

Goultard was almost as bad as Ogrest after he turned evil for a thousand years. He was the result of Iop having a liason with a worshiper after promising to make her a goddess before he ran out on them because he was a douche. Goultard went evil after a Sacrier possessed by Rushu's only surviving brother killed his wives and children.
Rushu's brother learned to be evil independantly of Rushu by living among humanity...meaning Feca and Osamodas are also partially to blame as much as Iop. But Goultard was purified by one of the sons of Osamodas's pet dragons, who only exist because Sadida's dolls took them as lovers...meaning Sadida and Osamodas are responsible for Goultard becoming good again. Furthermore, it was only Grovy who made Goultard return from wandering barbarian back to a hero, meaning Iop finally managed to make his son a good man by letting Goultard be the rolemodel he never was.

So...Feca is the main source of misery.

One of the post-Kickstarter announcements I think. I remember we had threads while getting our goods, and everyone was excited about it since S3 wasn't confirmed but Krosmaster was.

lefilmfrancais.com/digital/123457/annecy-2015-ankama-deploie-ses-licences-au-cinema-en-serie-tv-et-sur-les-nouvelles-plateformes

>Elle développe également la première saison pour Gulli de Krosmaster (52X13’), une nouvelle série qui vise les garçons de 6-10 ans adapté du jeu vidéo lancé en 2012.

>Feca created the Mechasms
Stopped reading here.

Found the Iop.

Seriously though, Feca making the Mechasms is a fan theory only based on the design of Orgonax and Feca's story still being untold.

Here's an interesting QA on lore though.

staticns.ankama.com/comm/news/wakfu/www/10_2013/q-a-ryf.pdf

It starts slow, ramps up, skip boufball, and then gives you the best twenty minutes of your life.

Very satisfying first season. Second season is all right.

A very slow start, but it all will be worth if you just relax.
Also the best digital flash animation I've seen.
Also sexy girls speaking french.

nigga he be real pimpin n shit

Ravioli Day has lost it's edge.

What was once a magical time is now just bland meat in soggy pasta.

I'm currently watching dofus and I can't believe how lovable Joris is
BEST
CHARACTER

>Kerubim and Atcham kept referring to him as "dad" in the OVA
I never really thought how strange Joris's life is. He is now dad to his dad. Do you think Kerubim have died since the movie? He seems to age at a normal rate and its been 400 years. Joris has to have raised him like 4 times by now.

>that dofus movie animation

You aren't remembering how terrible some of the avatar fillers were.

Nothing in wakfu was as bad as the great divide

A lot of people give it crap for not having the running story Wakfu does, but it's an adorable and honestly is a more consistently good show. Wakfu sets out to do a lot and does like 70% of it really well. Dofus sets out to do not much but accomplishes all of it. Some days I wish Wakfu would be a little more laser focused.

The France3 network had a lot to do with that by forcing Ankama to make Wakfu more episodic somewhere during season 2's development.

Dofus was made to be episodic from the start, so Ankama managed it a lot better. Still sucks that there's zero possibility of another season now.

I do hear that and obviously that was the reason the plot only ran to the finale in the last 4 episodes instead of the last 8, but I do feel like Ankama still fumbled the execution. Lots of shows can run episodically while still having a plot. They least they could have done is good world building in that time. Instead we truly did get pretty much nothing but flat filler.

>TFW Jew god and Not-Nito are one of the chill gods.

Just how?

That Seven Samurai episode is.

I think Dofus is a much more well made show than Wakfu, to be honest.
Maybe it isn't as ambitious but it knows it's limitations and works smartly with in them. Kerub is a genuinely fascinating character who's much better fleshed out than anyone from Wakfu and Joris is possibly the cutest thing ever animated.

Enutrof isn't a jew god, he very much encourages his followers to spend their money. I am reminded of one of the games Bashi and Kerubim played, the riddle was "Enutro enters the tavern with a 1000 kamas. How many does he leave the tavern with?". The answer was 2000, because an Enutrof will always look for an opportunity to profit. That was also why Ruel was so weak despite being called out as the strongest of the Brotherhood, he isn't willing to part with his kamas. If he had offered money as a tribute to his god, as that's how it's supposed to work, he'd be able to use his powers.

And Nito is totally a chill dude. He was so sad when the undead were starting to raise, all he wanted was a bit of peace and quiet.

>Joris is possibly the cutest thing ever animated.

It's astonishing that they managed to actually equal him with Lilotte. The entire sequence of them racing, into them setting up the shop, into running to the stadium was diabetes-levels cute.

Cutest thing Ankama has done so far

I really hope we get the other 2 Dofus movies. Kinda sad going back finding out Lilotte only had one appearance in the actual show (that I refuse to believe was actually her because it makes little to no sense)
Still, Joris carried the main show in that aspect well enough.

Part of me thinks I shoulda started with Joris, but I love Kerubim about as much and want to make Joris and Lilotte around the same time which requires materials I don't have right now.

Give me 2 days or so, maybe an extra day to find someone willing to lend me a drill. I hope drills work on dice.

I'm pretty sure France 3's requests were made clear from the start. It's just that with Wakfu they tried to make a continuous story anyway and got mixed results, while Dofus really embraces its self-contained format yet manages to give you a feeling of progression through the characters' relationships.

>Lilotte only had one appearance in the actual show (that I refuse to believe was actually her because it makes little to no sense)
Why is that? Other than not stating when/how she moved to Bonta?

I do wonder what happened. I doubt Indie would kick her out or allow her to become homeless should anything happen to him. Could she have run away?

Her comments about how it's better not to have a family seem personal than what happened to KiKi.

I'm confused time-line wise about it. If it's before the movies, why is she homeless on the streets now? If it's after, why did she leave Joris when they were still clearly children? Maybe it'll be answered in future stories. I would love it though if Indie became much more characterized in the second book. He's probably only about as much a dick as Kerub was given we know Kerub tends to lie in his stories, and he was a rival that was close to Kerub in status.

Enutrof created the concept of money. He also sows gold into the world. When Ogrest fucked up the world, he also basically ran a tent charity by creating and distributing Haven Bags for adventurers to live in.

He's Jew god, the kind that builds a thriving and healthy community. He rewards the acquisition of wealth, but part of that reward involves sending it back into your people too. A miser may be a perfect follower of SOME of his tenants, but he won't reward them for it.

Not-Nito just loves chaos. He's the pre-Christian influence Loki. Spooky and kind of a dick, but for fun rather than evil.

The series is definitely before the movies, by about three years, if that's what you're asking.

And I'm pretty sure Indie is dead by the time of the movie. Personally, I'm even inclined to believe he was already dead by the time of Kerub's Bazaar, although that assumes his episode with Lilotte was not concurrent to the rest of the series. Kerub's sorrow in the sauna episode felt a lot more to me like "I miss Indie" than just "my brother keeps trying to kill me."

I think Kerubim actually greatly envied Indie. If you think about it, him being Ouginak meant he didn't have a god. Not only was he able to reach similar heights Kerubim was able, he did with sheer backbone while Kerubim was Ecaflip's favored child. Now of course that doesn't mean much, because Ecaflip is a giant dick, but Indie was never defined by his legacy in ways Kerubim was. He could do anything he wanted to do in life, he chose to be an adventurer and was able to actually match Kerubim.

>Dofus really embraces its self-contained format yet manages to give you a feeling of progression through the characters' relationships.

It also has lesbians. Everything is improved by a cute lesbian couple. It's a scientific fact desu.

I'll be honest, the part of me that was tainted by the Wakfu OVAs half expects Indie to be revealed to be a demi-god as well when Ouginaks become a class.

The movie is taking place after the show. And yes, that does beg the questions of why is Lilotte on the streets now and also what happened to Simone. She's not even mentioned, not even in passing.

Yeah unfortunately that's likely to happen at some point.

Though to be fair, they could do it well, by making Indie become THE Ouginak god in the same way I-forgot-her-name became Pandawa goddess. In this universe people have the power to become gods through their deeds, it happened before.

>TFW you remember that enu's dimension is basically a big kama minting factory

I know the 3 year time before the movie. The thing is though that the scene Lilotte was in has no time frame. I don't think there is any reason to assume Indie is dead right now. Not much evidence one way or the other. That's why it confuses me so much. If they're gonna suddenly tie such a strange scene into a character, I want some back story there.

>I-forgot-her-name became Pandawa goddess.
That would be Pandawa.

>In this universe people have the power to become gods through their deeds, it happened before.
No, actually the new goddesses were already god-spirits/minor gods that found a way to gain enough worshippers to join the pantheon. The world is full of such spirits that could ascend, just like the big gods could fall into oblivion if no one worships them anymore.

>That would be Pandawa.

I was quite sure she actually had a name before she became THE Pandawa.

>No, actually the new goddesses were already god-spirits/minor gods that found a way to gain enough worshippers to join the pantheon.

Wasn;t she literally just mortal who brewed really good alcohol and had a whole lot of fun, so much so that people absolutely adored her and she gained enough popularity to become a goddess?

>Wasn;t she literally just mortal who brewed really good alcohol and had a whole lot of fun, so much so that people absolutely adored her and she gained enough popularity to become a goddess?

yo thats my kind of goddess.

I don't have enough time to dig into the lore right now but IIRC she was a minor god who stumbled upon a decomposing larva, decided to taste it and had a pretty good trip. Then she shared the recipe with humans and became very popular.

How they went from dead larvae to fermented milk is a story for another time I guess.

Huh. So does that supposed to mean that different classes don't exist until the god of the class exists? So like, Pandawas, spots and all, didn't exist before THE Pandawa?

How are their pantheons supposed to get larger then? If people decide their faith before even being born and can't change it during their lives, how DID Pandawa get followers in the first place?

Also, does that mean that races like Ouginaks don't have gods at all and don't reincarnate? Because they clearly have "souls", unless whatever that machine in the Dofus movie drained in order to resurrect Jurgen wasn't souls but just... Life energy, or something. Because it clearly drained Lilotte. Or is that supposed to mean that they have their own gods, these just aren't the part of the big boys' table and weren't shown or mentioned in the show?

That shit is convoluted yo.

the link in might answer some of your questions.

>Huh. So does that supposed to mean that different classes don't exist until the god of the class exists? So like, Pandawas, spots and all, didn't exist before THE Pandawa?
Hard to tell. Pandawas aren't supposed to exist in Kerub's Bazaar but we've seen plenty of them. They seem to blur the lines between races and classes in the series. Similarly, there shouldn't be blue Osamodases in the movie.
Fundamentally, though, that would be right. You can't get class abilities and the look that goes with it before you worship a god.

>How are their pantheons supposed to get larger then? If people decide their faith before even being born and can't change it during their lives, how DID Pandawa get followers in the first place?
You have until puberty to choose your religion. In cases like Pandawa and Sacrier, though, I have to assume it worked on adults too, so I don't know. Either it's a flaw in the lore (wouldn't be the first) or there's a special clause somewhere for new gods.

>Also, does that mean that races like Ouginaks don't have gods at all and don't reincarnate? (...) Or is that supposed to mean that they have their own gods, these just aren't the part of the big boys' table and weren't shown or mentioned in the show?
Could be either. I haven't seen anything to confirm that non-humans reincarnate in the same way or worship anything at all.

Crowd reactions were interesting at the right times

So what the fuck is Nox doing now anyway? Am I the only one who wants to see his return?

>In cases like Pandawa and Sacrier, though, I have to assume it worked on adults too, so I don't know.

the Q&A that was linked pointed out that becoming a sacrier can happen with iops. same thing with masqueraders and sadidas.

He died.

How?

It actually is what caused my confusion now.

Some things that are controversial are simply hand-waived as game-play mechanics and sure, I don't like that, but the big problem still persists.

And that is: if you are born as a follower of a particular god and can't change your allegiance, how was any being able to BECOME a god?

>You have until puberty to choose your religion. In cases like Pandawa and Sacrier, though, I have to assume it worked on adults too, so I don't know.

There has to be, otherwise we'd have to assume that Pandawa was able to become a god by amassing the following of teenagers and swaying them with sex and alcohol. Which to be fair, that's the demographic that you'd be targeting if your product was, as it were, sex and alcohol.

And Sacrier being goddess of shady things and rogueiness... I mean teenagers are often edgy so I guess they'd be pretty open to staying in their goth phase for longer.

Huh. Actually maybe there doesn't need to be an explanation, I mean if the two goddesses were the goddesses of alcohol and edge it actually makes sense they'd be able to become goddesses if you have until puberty to declare your faith.

He killed himself after failing in the S1 finale. You see his grave after the credits.

We don't know that he "killed himself". He was a dead man walking, the only thing keeping that husk alive was wakfu and sheer willpower, the moment he let got of his quest he just turned to ash.

>She's not even mentioned, not even in passing.
she has a brief cameo in the movie. Blink and you'll mis it.

Oh actually I still have an hour. Dofus artbook Session 2, p. 150. Quick translation mine.

Little known fact, the goddess was around when the world was created! She was one of countless small gods and was far less powerful than she is now... One day, as she was pondering how to convert believers who would one day worship her, she came upon the corpse of a Blop that had been killed by a spurt of sporm.
dofus.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/resources/378-sporme-champ-champ

The thing was almost down to liquid form and a murder of Crobaks were skipping about it. To her surprise, she realized that the birds were all drunk (...)

Long story short, she is inspired by the scene, experiments with all kinds of plants and creatures, leaves her brews around for people to find and try them and whispers in their ears when they're drunk enough. Pandawa Island becomes (or already was) an island of drunkards and Pandawa gets the numbers she needs to ascend.

You know I'm not making it up because it involves sperm.

A crappy but fun show that gets a lot better over a few episodes

i probably know less than you, im not the other user you were speaking with. i havent touched the games because i dont want to dump the time into something i could just read in these threads. and they're terrible.

there were a few problems with that Q&A. i agree that using mechanics to base lore off of isnt interesting but its also not surprising. they were building a game first, world second.

>even the official Netflix episode is missing the end credits
1000% mad

Honestly, I think AT BEST this is supposed to be an easter egg foreshadowing something. But realistically I assume this is simply artists reusing designs.

Feca genocide when?

heres the image for that.

Actually, building lore off of mechanics is absolutely brilliant. Dark Souls does it and it's what makes it great. But it has to be done *well*. When you do that but then introduce game-play elements that DON'T tie into lore it creates a contradiction. I don't have to explain why these are bad.

>Final battle is a popular ball game

I still worry about the reasons she doesn't show in the movie. Since it takes place in the city she and Julie moved to. Granted her VA is playing Lilotte but they could have found another actress for that role early on.

That said with all the haram shit Bakara does and that camp as fuck Osa guy, it probably isn't Ankama trying to hide their gays for international marketability.

i just actually looked at that image and i hope to god it isnt fan art.

either way, im blaming being sleep deprived.

eh, im not a fan of it. then again most of the lore i give a fuck about in various shit isnt in videogames or they're so pushed to the side that only weird people would read it.

It is fanart, this is the actual shot

>and i hope to god it isnt fan art.
its during the season 1 credits

it could be something simple like maybe julie and her moved into their own place because she got tired of kerubim and joris' shenanigans.

yeah. fuck im tired. i need to rewatch season 1 too. for the 4th time.

i know, im just sleep deprived and lazy. i get stupid when im tired so that increases the odds i fuck something simple up.

on that note im going to sleep. hope to read good discussions when i wake up.

>I'm entering the legend

>hope to read good discussions when i wake up.
This thread has been much better than the average so far and I do hope to keep it up.

Giving this a quick read right now and it's kind of hard to take that guy seriously when he doesn't know Yugo's name and gets confused between Enutrof and Osamodas. And now this:
>normally you’re linked to a god, if you are a
human. Although there are no humans in the World of Twelve.

What the fuck?

Kind of reminds me of Terry Pratchett's disc world where the size of a god is dictated by hiw many followers it has.

It's a pretty common feature I think, or I've just been looking at the right settings. Forgotten Realms has that too. It's a good way to ensure people have a reason to worship gods other than "they'll kill us if we don't" and gods don't just treat their worshippers like slaves.

It's translator's errors likely user. "Yugo" isn't a normal name, "Hugo" is and it's a very popular name in France. I assume the translator simply thought they meant Hugo when they actually did mean Yugo. And the "human" thing is complicated because he's technically right, there's no such thing as a "human" in the World of Twelve. Races are specific and they stem from their respective gods. They become phonologically similar to their god at some point and it's tied to both how much they follow their tenets and how much their god likes them. Which is why Alibert looks very different from Ruel- they are both Enutrof but Alibert just isn't that much into the whole "ruthless capitalism" thing as Ruel is and even then Ruel is inappropriately cherished by Enutrof for some reason (probably just because he has that much money, realistically if he WERE to ever donate he would probably become a viable vessel for Enutrof's own being).

The take-away point from this is that although there's no such thing as a "human" in the World of the Twelve, there's a distinction between beings who can choose their faith and does become a distinct class and those that are simply born the way they are (monstrous humanoids like Ouginaks fall into this category as do many other... Subspecies, let's call them).

But yes, it's convoluted and unclear. And likely to be reconnected at some point anyway.

A lot of those elements are designed because they sound cool, not in order to make some grand sense in the lore. Which is annoying, but that's what I took away from that Q&A.

>So what the fuck is Nox doing now anyway?
Dusting.

When the universe began as Stasis ( purple destructive magic) and Wakfu (blue creation magic) mixed like cosmic gasses in the Big Bamg, two flavors of fey existed on the sides with the most Stasis and Wakfu. Spirits are mostly Wakfu, Demons are mostly Stasis.

The spirits left their home and journeyed through the universe, most eventually settling on the planet after the Eliatropes used a shit ton of Wakfu to an hero and save their kids.

The strongest spirits created life out of the residual Wakfu left over from the explosion, which in turn worships them. Humans are special, when they worship spirits the spirit becomes a god. It was known as the World Of Ten at first because ten spirits became gods through human love and prayer, then Pandawa and Sacrier got enough devotees to graduate to godhood from spirithood, making it the World Of Twelve.

Demons never left their home. The original ones fought and ate each other until only two were left, Rushu and his brothet Mongrelamous. Mong faked his death and fled, eventually ending up on the World Of Twelve. Humans at some point wound up in Rushu's realm and taught him how to be evil. Rushu has wanted to join the pantheon as a god ever since, but mostly just so he can destroy stuff. Shushus are super weak minor demons, so weak Rushu didn't kill and eat them with his brothers and sisters and enslaved them instead. Rushu can claim godhood as something he deserves because Brakmar worships him above all other gods.

I still want them to release the internal encyclopedia they hired a couple people to make to the public. I think the woman who wrote the Guide to the Krosmoz was part of that team, but that book really doesn't say much that wasn't already available elsewhere.

Why not. Used Orc condoms were an ingredient in Dofus.

Competing in Krosmaster.
Forever.

Actually the original ten were born as major gods, they didn't ascend through worship. Along with the first ten demon lords they were kind of the firstborn of the universe for their respective categories and hold superior power accordingly. When the Ten convened to restore life to the WoT, they had already "created" several worlds (and destroyed at least one) and they drew a crowd of minor gods that knew very well they weren't part of the big boys' club.

Post season credit images are nice.

>poor dub (watch the fan subs)
Alternatively, learn french

I can't read frog. I know because of this thread that a krosmaster cartoon was announced, but is there anything else mentioned in that page?

Use Google translate?

I do it all the time. Only doesn't work well with Chinese in experience.

>poor dub
cleomee will never not piss me off

I never heard of recent news about that Krosmaster animation. I hope they have not forgot about it.

Anyone playing Dofus touch? I'm running a Iop named Delilah and despite being tens of levels higher than some things I'm still getting trashed. Could use a group.

I'm also playing Wakfu with a Sram named Skellywelly on remmy.

You just remined me I haven't played Wakfu in about a year. Any cool updates?

I just started again myself, I think Ecaflips got changed in some way.

I watched the first two seasons of Wakfu and the Dofus Kerubim story.

Where can I go to continue the Wakfu series?

Dofus Book 1:Julith its a movie.Ignore the ova's.

Since that's what Lady Echo belongs to, yes, expect a lot more of the Forgotten.

An okay series that only is alive due to waifu-fags along with lewdness in a poorly animated show.

Also again. When will people learn to break the wrist and walk away or simply tackle and grapple. It's like they're good damn frogs or something.

>What should I expect?

>yfw 20 minutes
I felt bad for laughing when the Sadidas came for him though

>sport de brute

- Mutafukaz with Studio 4C in 2017
- Wakfu S3
- Krosmaster (52X13’)
- 6-10 kids:
-- Abraca (26X30’)
-- Muffin Jack et Jeremy (52X13’)
- Young adults (no deals made with broadcasters at the time of writing):
-- The Grocery
-- City Hall
- Web shorts:
-- Maliki (young adults)
-- Chacha (kids)

>monsters ingame

not anymore, they're adding them as a new clas soon ingame, not that i care anymore since i dont play it anymore

So I just retwatched the movie.
And I'm kinda confused.
Did Joris end up being God Ecaflip as iirc everyone thought or is he just powerful as fuck because he holds two Dofus

Slannesh!

Not everyone, no.

Originally he's supa-fast and black because there's a black dragon in him. Having two Dofus in his possession should help in his teenage years, but he loses them later and is still supa-fast, near-immortal and has picked up some kind of magic by the time of Wakfu, so presumably there's still something in him. Nothing to do with Ecaflip either way.

ravioli's should be with butter and sage only

the god theory was just a version to explain the "papa" said by kerub in the ovas

Is the Ogrest manga any good?

One of the worst official dubs ever. Watch it in French.

Yeah I love it so far. Feels more like a black and white European comic than a manga, really, and I really dig Mig's art style in general. I'm curious about how Ogrest and Dathura's relationship will develop and we're starting to get a lot of backstory about Sadida's dolls and exposition of the BoF's motivations and recruitment methods. You can tell there are tensions within the BoF that will probably get interesting before long, and in volume 2 Ogrest is out in the world on his own and his naiveté gets him in all kinds of trouble.

I'm hoping it runs until Ogrest's Chaos so we can finally see what really happened with Dathura, plus I'm curious to see how he took all the Dofus but I don't necessarily want that part to last a ton of volumes. I wouldn't really mind his confronting the different guardians being compressed into one or two volumes.

It's a shame it takes them so long to release their manga, but then again they're quite long too.

Have we ever got any information at all, even hints, as to what happened to Lou?

not in spanish, its 10/10, ruel and eva fill me with joy in that dub

Looking at Mig's Facebook, looks like volume 3 won't be out anytime soon. He had to put Ogrest on ice to work on other commitments and will only resume probably next month. Plus apparently something in season 3 (presumably concerning the BoF) completely ruined the ending he had in mind for Ogrest so he has to revise his plans for the last three volumes (so we know he has at least 5 in mind).

Dammit, and there hasn't been any new comic in so long.

English dubs always suck, dubs in other languages are usually competent at least.

So how much of Kerubs stories is true, and how much is false? I've always thought that what actually happens is true, but how it happens is false and he exaggerates his success/skill/heroics.

Also, what's with Lou and him? Did Lou really love him? Did she just use him? Lou really seems like one cold hearted bitch most of the time.

Now the wait for ogrest 3 (and other volumes) is gonna be a pain

Any idea what the golem thing was in volume 2?

Doesn't ring a bell but since Freezz is in the frame she might have animated it using smithmagic.

Link? I think I'd be interested in reading this

The latter. There doesn't seem to be an actual connection between him and god Ecaflip.

Pls, tell me you don't refer to this one...
youtube.com/watch?v=H6t5lKjRMs8