Preview civil war II #6

>unlettered

I know user, we are deprived of that sweet bendis dialogue

>only two more new unlettered pages

>>unlettered
>>not valuing art on its own

It's a utility belt, it's got pouches.

I'm actually liking that Kitty outfit a good deal.

Rock paper scissors?

Seriously?

kill the three of them right now miles, fucking do it.

Up to the point that she blasted out of the meeting with Tony, Carol did not whatsoever fucking wrong.
Her being reluctant to release the business woman just yet does not mean she won't release her, she just wants to exhaust all ways to find proof first.
She is not a fascist.
Fascist break the rules to have power over people, to enslave them.
Carol is genuinely 100% doing this to save lives. And she has not hurt or imprisoned anyone who has not done anything. She had nothing to do with Banner getting killed.

>I know user, we are deprived of that sweet bendis dialogue
ONE JOB: You missed that word in the subject title.

>And she has not hurt or imprisoned anyone who has not done anything.

That's the whole point of the comic...

Callback to her hip scarf, plus breaks up the solid color.

But she FACTUALLY has not imprisoned anyone innocent so far.

So, why did they suddenly stop fighting? The vision changes nothing.

Blac Panthers Jewish?

Except for the "she's totally Hydra" woman.

She should not have led for the pre crime team. Carol can take orders well but she mediate with fists.

Huh, Cap switched sides like he said he would in his book upon seeing Carol starting to lose. Wonder if Bendis was aware of that or if Spencer just saw him fuck up and adapted that into his comic.

>placing a minor under indefinite arrest despite no one pressing charges, for the crime of 'attempted prank that could have caused a fire'

JANKEN!!!!

She detained her while looking for proof for a less then a day, she has not thrown her in a fucking prison without trial.

Wat?

Exactly why would she need to be so angrily holding back anyone?

Carol had no idea what becky was doing and Kamala was in charge.

IT BREAKS UP THE COLOR PALETTE JUST LIKE SUPERMAN'S TRUNKS DID

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Everyone still trying to debate Carol vs. Tony
>Not realizing that the entire fight is fucking stupid and that it's Bendis vs. Everyone
>And we are losing

I'm glad Peter stayed home and took a shower instead of being part of this shit.

wait didn't all members of Alpha Flight quit in the latest Captain Marvel comic? Not to mention that the Thunderbolts comic spoiled what happens with Miles. How the hell are they gonna try and sell a book for the event when all the tie ins basically give it away

So... Kid Hitler is team Tony?

Nah man, we're winning by seeing the creative ways writers like Ewing and Spencer are accounting for Bendis' bullshit.

I mean hell you had Gwenpool this week taking a jab at Bendis, I think other writers are getting really tired of his crap.

Carol is wrong because she's taking things too far.
Tony is wrong because he's a fucking lunatic that refuses to ever use precognition for anything for some reason. Does he really think Carol should have let Carol kill everyone at Project PEGASUS?
Blue Marvel is right, use Ulysses to stop what you can, but don't infringe on people's civil rights. There's a middle ground that Bendis refuses to adress.

They had no reason to actually fight each other in the first place. Bendis was hoping nobody would notice.

That's what I want to know too. She JUST placed Miles under arrest at the end of last issue.

>writers like Ewing and Spencer are accounting for Bendis' bullshit.
Marvel will just claim that was their plan all along. We still lose.

What ever happened to Destiny, the mutant with basically a shittier version Ulysses's power? Has anyone brought her up in this event? I feel like she might be relevant to this seeing future shit.

Isn't she dead
?

>mutant
There's your answer.

If she isn't, then she will be come "Inhumans vs. X-Men".

>Just sitting there after being arrested
>People want to shoot him down anyway

Accurate.

So Is Johnny still with the Inhumans? I thought he was with Cap's team?

blacked

YOU CAN DO IT!

CUT HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF!

So did the Inhumans just say "fuck this" and leave

because that's the impression I got

They were like "oh shit it's Doctor Strange, everyone hide, that nigger gives me the creeps"

Stop shilling your fetish site

That's not how you teabag, Miles.

>playing RPS to determine what happens with Miles
While that seems pretty dumb, it's probably a better way to handle this whole situation than just beating each other up.

>wait didn't all members of Alpha Flight quit in the latest Captain Marvel comic?
Presumably that happens after this fight.

She literally said she was going to forcethat woman to confess, in a blind rage, after being told by two scientists, one who she proclaimed to be absolutely trustworthy, that she was wrong, and after having the woman's mind probed psychicly and her whole life investigated and turning up nothing.

Despite all that, she still threatened indefinite detention untilshe got a confession.
Sorry, that's some grade A witch hunting

Who wants to guess what the dialogue will be?

>Carol rushed to fight after being totally obstenate and refusing to listen to anyone
>Now she's going to act like she didn't want people to fight

She's insane.

This arc is irreparably destroying her character.

>She JUST placed Miles under arrest at the end of last issue.
>Implying Team Tony is just going to sit back and let her have him without showing any opposition.

This, to be as charitable as possible, it's because she believed it to be true and lives were on the line. The entire point of the event and her stance is she believes she has found the holy grail that can keep the world safe with no collateral, but no one but her seems to have the will to deal with it.

Panel 1
>Carol: Okay, everyone, time out. This niglet is under arrest.

Panel 2
>RR: HE'S RESISTING
>Carol: Whoa, Rocket, too many witnesses.
>RR: No blam?
>Carol: No.
>RR: No I murdered you?
>RR: Why did I even come to this shit planet?

Panel 3:
>Carol: I haven't seen a black man this sad since I told Luke I wouldn't have a threesome with him and Jessica.
>Tony: Would you have a threesome with me and Jessica?
>Tony: Well, standing offer.

In the hands of a much better writer, I'd say it would be hilarious if Civil War 2 ended with Carol and Tony just up and making out.

I think this could be more Bendisy but I'm not sure what else to add.

Bendis what the fuck are you doing on Cred Forums?

He probably still posts here but denies it.

>Gwenpool taking a jab at Bendis
>w-we're totally in on the joke r-right guys
>h-how do you do fellower memesters?

>I think other writers are getting really tired of his crap.

I won't completely believe it until Slott starts taking shots at Bendis over the She-Hulk stuff.

Slott already got one up on Bendis already by fucking with his plan to kill Parker instead of Hulk. He's currently playing his lyre while watching the event burn.

*slow clap*

what the fuck does that have to do with anything?

>Fal-Cap
Wasn't he teleported to LA?

She was about to imprison Luke Cage despite him wanting to talk things out.

On a side note, given the rumors that Marvel went into full damage control after Spencer went full retard with Hydra Cap (reordering the issues of the Hydra Cap issue, cutting pages/ordering rewrites to make the Americop arc less "Police are pure evil and deserve to die"), anyone think Civil War's delays/rewrites/adding an extra issue was due to Marvel demanding Hydra Cap storyline shut dow ASAP?

The most recent issue of Steve's book was nothing more than Marvel retconning pretty much EVERY issue of Civil War 2 already published. And the entire "Miles will kill Steve" thing alone reeks of a rewrite, in terms of them shoe-horning Hydra Cap into the third act for the sake of ending the storyline, since I seriously doubt Marvel would allow such a major plotline when they could have had Miles standing over say, Carol or Tony or even Wanda for added meta points of Bendis.

Plus there is the whole thing about how the solicitations for the new Jessica Jones ongoing appears that they are hittting the reset button on the Hydra infiltration plotline. IE they are going to wrap up Cap as Hydra ASAP, get rid of Spencer, and basically give the Remender Hydra infiltration plotline to Bendis to resolve in Jones' book.

Would not put it past Marvel.

The backlash against Hydra Cap was them pushing the SJW meme shit too fucking far and given how badly received Civil War 2 has been, I have to think that Marvel's not TOO gone enough to see how they have fucked up and planning a rewrite/exit strategy to salvage shit.

That said, if they ARE going to use Civil War 2 to put the brakes on Hydra Cap, might as well go all out with the suggested "the entire CW2 series is a vision Ullysses saw" angle to erase Hydra Cap as being part of that vision too.

That sounds like a dumb rumor. Anyone who reads the actual comic instead of internet clickbait knows that Hydra Cap has been pretty interesting so far. Plus, the latest Sam Wilson has Hydra Cap teaming up with U.S. Agent to to get his shield back.

this conspiracy shit is always hilarious

Jesse, it's time to stop posting.

And according to New Jercey PD she has no authority to do so. She's impersonating a police officer and kidnapping people.

I'd also toss in that Spencer's Cap-Falcon book has gotten more and more bitchy with regards to hammering home the "Sam shouldn't be Cap" angle with the hastag subplot, now that Steve was restored. Especially given how Cap being a Nazi was widely denounced as Spencer being a petty shit ruining Steve and his fans, for the sake of making Sam look better.

Would not put it passed Marvel knowing they fucked up big time and Bendis being called in to clean up Spencer's fuck-up by way of reworking Civil War to wrap up the Hydra Cap plotline, both to restore Cap for fans as their token "We fucking listened" book for longtime fans post-Civil War (much in the same way DC made Justice League the token die-hard DC You pandering book).

Did you read the issue? USAgent got the shit kicked out of him by Falcon, then went MIA with Sam learning NOTHING from the whole thing except wanting to emulate Carol by putting NYC under 24-7 survailance via recording everything everyone does via brain implant recording EVERYTHING EVERY bird sees in the city

>Marvel knowing they fucked up big time and Bendis being called in to clean up Spencer's fuck-up
>Bendis
>clean up
Ok, see, now I know you're full of shit.

i like the idea justice league is a book people give a shit about

>he thinks Marvel fears bad publicity
How fucking new are you. Did you see the order numbers for issue #2 of Hydra Cap. I agree there was a big change of decision after the whole Cap Hydra, they changed the story from a contained story in a single book to a full blown fucking super mega crossover event you faggot, so get ready for the thousand tie ins next summer.

spencer was hypeing that this is the start of a huge story since issue 1 hit.

member first civil war?

Did YOU read the issue? First, U.S. Agent went MIA because he was meeting with people who wanted to take back the shield by any means necessary. He refused because he believed only Cap should make that call. Cap then walks in and they shake hands in agree, leading to the cliffhanger.

Second, they go out of their way to state that the surveillance is specifically for the Americops. It's completely different from Carol's precrime bullshit. Hell, it's highlighted by the fact that Tony facilitates the procedure because he's so on board. I can understand people not liking the Hydra Cap reveal but if you think it's so bad that you'd believe a rumor that fucking Bendis was brought in to do plot clean-up then you're an idiot.

Who will be the Hydra infiltrated on the Guardians of the Galaxy?

Hydra Cap was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back with fans though. It was a shot across the bow for longtime Marvel fans that Marvel was going to shit all over their favorites by making them Nazis, in order to triple down on SJW tripe that wasn't selling at all to begin with.

And again, Civil War 2 was a huge failure compared to DC Rebirth, which is getting stronger and stronger with each passing month. Combined with Marvel finding their post-CW line-up of books being crapped on by even the most sycophantic of comic websites.

It makes sense for them to kill two birds with one stone: force Spencer to hand over the Hydra Cap plotline to Bendis and Bendis being told, point blank, "Undo Hydra Cap" as the third act of Civil War and giving him an extra issue on the min-series to wrap shit up.

All Cap books go away for a couple of months following Civil War while Spencer gets reassigned to another book or just plain fired from Marvel. Maybe call Kurt Busiek, Roger Stern, DeMattius, or some fanboy friendly writer to write a new Steve Rogers ongoing with Falcon back as Falcon too. Hell, maybe even force Slott and Spencer to switch books: Slott writing Cap might actually revitalize his damaged nerd cred and Spencer can't be any worse than Slott on Spidey.

Marvel's at rock bottom and Hydra Cap/Civil War 2 put them there. Might as well try and salvage shit for damage control since Marvel's going to need all the good will they can muster to keep DC from continuing to kick their asses in 2017

The Thing

Lol @ Medusa's group. They immediately gtfo of dodge. Probably didn't want to help with the cleannup.

Carol looks like sex when she is depressed

Nobody cares about Hydra Cap you autist. The reason why Marvel is on rock bottom right now is because they have a stupid model of constant relaunches and million events that finally bombed among retailers as they realized Marvel was selling them smoke.

>Hydra Cap was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back with fans though
Haha, no. Literally the only people that got upset over Captain HYDRA were the MCUcks and casuals.

Why is spidey sad?

Ulysses had a vision that he was going to kill Steve Rogers.

I can see Bendis "cleaning shit up" since he can then bask in the glow of "saving Captain America".

He just quit GOTG and given how bad Cap has gotten under Spencer, he might be willing to clean up Spencer's mess in exchange for him being given the Cap book to write and control over how the Hydra infiltration storyline plays out from now on.

The most recent CA: SR issue itself kind of feels like it might have been the "epilogue" issue of CW that Spencer was supposed to write, redone and inserted (like issue #2) out of sequence when the evil Steve storyline was squashed.

Bendis writing Captain America would be akin to him writing the X-Men. X-Men were in dire straits when he took over, so he came in and clean up the mess left by Aaron, Gillen, etc.

The only problem though would be "HOW" Bendis "fixes" Hydra Cap. Red Skull showing up, admitting to doing what he did to Cap and Cap realizing his entire life/memory was perverted by Skull with no way to fix it?

Perhaps that is why Miles "kills" Cap: Cap can't live with being Hydra-ized and begs Miles to mercy kill him? And Miles does so, only for Wanda to show up at the very last minute so Bendis can treat her as a reality warper/plot device so she can undo what Red Skull did and reset Cap back to normal and back to life?

And he is on Marvel's side so they have to take out there own?

This plus Civil War II is an actual trainwreck. Only the main book is charting decently and that's only out of curiosity factor. Plus, the critical reception has been falling off since issue one. Hydra Cap is fucking fantastic compared to that shit show.

Miles killing Cap on Cap's request and Wanda showing up to bring Cap back and give Miles his get out of jail free card, would actually be kind of clever.

>Bendis cleaning up X-Men during his run
>Bendis cleaning up anything
This is some advanced level autism.

thats just Marquez being a really good artist that Bendis is wasting.

bendis knows good art if nothing else

No, he was on Tony's side. Tony kept insisting that what Carol is doing is profiling and as a young black man, he should be concerned.

Yeah but it's too much of a South Park "have your cake and eat it too" type ending.

The Inhuman who saw the future was right, but no one cares because Wanda brought Steve back to life and besides, it was assisted suicide not actual murder and since Miles is officially an Avenger, he can not be held responsible for his actions anyway!

>write, redone and inserted (like issue #2) out of sequence

i love this stuff because it shows the total lack of understanding how the industry works

That's some top tier Bendis. You could write for Marvel, user. How fucking sad is that?

"So, are you pro-precog people so committed to your inane cause that you're willing to start arresting each other on the say-so of some vision that one of you had? No? Well then I think our case is made. We'll just fuck off while you people stew in your own hypocrisy here and eventually realize what a bunch of twats you're being."

I don't get the hate for Hydra Cap though, wasn't it all planned in advance with the cosmic cube messing everyone up? I mean it is an interesting premise and had potential, if they had gone at it from the angle that a good man will always be good. It would have been interesting to see Cap start getting doubts and wondering about things.

It would have kinda been like Robocop, the original and not the remake, where the message is that you can take everything from a man, except his soul and what makes him human.

Then again I am probably giving the writer too much credit.

Was rocket about to shoot Miles? That fucking Coon.

>X-Men were in dire straits when he took over, so he came in and clean up the mess left by Aaron, Gillen, etc.
what the fuck?

Nigga are you on drugs? Bendis made even a bigger mess with the O5 and stories like Battle of the Atom and Will of Xavier. Hell, just try to build the continuity among his X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy's last issues before Secret Wars. He went all over the place.

>Up to the point that she blasted out of the meeting with Tony, Carol did not whatsoever fucking wrong.

She created a confrontation with Bruce Banner who had previously posed nobody any threat whatsoever and which directly caused his death.

And then she went to arrest Luke Cage for something he hadn't done and was in the process of coming up with a solid plan NOT to do.

Hydra Cap is only a big deal because Marvel forced it to be. In the second issue we found out it was Red Skull fucking with his memories and nobody would care. It would just be another story. They did this to themselves trying to take the spotlight away from rebirth. All they got were casuals who don't read comics up in arms while the actual comic sells less than Aquaman. They made their bed.

> wasn't it all planned in advance with the cosmic cube messing everyone up?
Yes, but the MCUcks and non-comic readers who got all upset over it don't know what a "cosmic cube" is. Or, y'know, read comics in the first place. They just heard "Steve is a nazi now!" and got all upset.

Don't forget that she also decided to not tell anyone that Thanos was coming to earth, and that she sent her B team to fight him head on while keeping her heavy hitters in reserve.

>Rock, paper, scissors to see who gets the kid

You put a lot of work into that and it's actually pretty coherently-constructed. Loads of false premises which are outrageous to the sensibilities of those listening, but presented with such seeming-earnestness that one is almost compelled to take it seriously. A solid 9/10 bait.

>Strange is teleporting them

NO, STEPHEN, REMEMBDER DAT LE EPIC MAGIKUL HAS A PRICE MAYMAY!!!11!!!

Bendis? Is that you?

>Hell, just try to build the continuity among his X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy's last issues before Secret Wars.
The new X-Men writer went out of his way to handwave that bullshit love triangle between Young Jean, Cyclops and Beast he set up in his last issue. Made me laugh my ass off. I'm hoping the same thing will happen in Guardians.

>Fascist break the rules to have power over people, to enslave them.
>Carol is genuinely 100% doing this to save lives.

That's usually why fascists do the things they do.

>And she has not hurt or imprisoned anyone who has not done anything.

She imprisoned an innocent person and refused to release her.

>She had nothing to do with Banner getting killed.

You're either baiting or have to be genuinely retarded to think this. It's like blaming the fire for burning down the house, but not the arsonist.

Can someone, anyone, tell me what was the purposse of that fight if they were gonna all just leave after a few blows?

For the story, to have everyone present for Ullyses, the walking plot twist. For the characters, fuck no.

Ikr?

It's Miles. RPS seems the best to me.

Seek psychiatric help, user.

It's Bendis man. He fucking hates writing fight scenes because then he can't stuff page after page with his shitty quip >meme dialogue.

Why so many of his stories revolve around these shitty rushed fight scenes is probably the direct intervention of Marvel editorial, who feel like twenty pages of nothing but

>"How are you?"
>"How am I?"
>"Yeah, How are you?"
>"I-I'm good."
>"You sure?"
>"Yeah, I think I'm good."
>"That's good."

would be too boring even for Marvel.

That's not what happened. USAgent says "You think you know so much, but you don't" and then we flashback to Captain Hydra asking Agent to get the shield. That's why he said "you know nothing". It was a flashback.

He knows Bendis is writing him.

Huh. Well, fuck me, I'll own to fucking that one up. My point still stands about the bird surveillance, though.

The art is beautiful thou.

Reminder Bendis wrote Rocket Raccoon attempting to murder children.

Did Tony take Miles with him? Because either I'm blind or he's nowhere to be seen on the page.

Fucking bullshit, Cap HYDRA story will be the next summer event. That last "House divided" teaser had the HYDRA colors.

> Bendis
> Writing Wanda as the heroine
> kek

>X-Men were in dire straits when he took over

Miles?

Cap...dead?

Jeez...

Noo...No!!

So? You're under the assumption that Rocket is a nice guy.

There's more to it even than that, though.

It would be fine to take Ulysses's visions as though they were an anonymous tip and just set up surveillance.

However, surveillance is an interesting segue. If he is seeing likely futures in areas with a presumption of privacy, then his visions are warrantless searches/wiretaps, a violation of the 4th amendment. A one man NSA.
I personally am uncomfortable with the regular nsa- an NSA controlled by one man, informing costumed vigilantes whose sole uniting characteristic is taking the law into their own hands... Very troubling.

This would be so much better than the 'profiling' conflict the series is still going for.

Has anyone in CW2 - anyone at all - remembered that someone did a movie with the same premise a long time ago?

Can anyone give a recap of what's happened so far after Banner was shot?

Was Miles predicted to fight Cap or something?

Yes. There's been at least one instance of a character mentioning that this is basically the plot of Minority Report.

Clint got off free. Carol wrongfully arrested a woman because Ulysses had an incorrect vision of her being HYDRA. Tony went "enough is enough," rounded up everyone he could, then attacked the Triskellion to take Carol down, then during the fight, Ulysses had a vision of Miles killing Steve Rogers.

There has to be more to the arrest of the woman that apparently isn't Hydra. Not because I want Carol to be right, but it seems like it has to be a set up of some sort.

Carol also refuses to use the failsafes and lawyers other writers says she has for cases where Ulysses is wrong, like with the bank lady. Maybe it's pride, as if using them and acknowledging the prediction's inaccuracy is an admission of defeat.

It's kind of ironic that this bit of damage control makes Carol seem a little worse.

Thunderbolts this week already confirmed that they let Miles go after discussing if they should arrest him because Steve says not to.

I loled.

who the hell is bendis?

You know, Bendis.

honestly the problem with carol is she doesn't get just how self-fulfilling a lot of ulysses' prophecies are.

like in the new captain marvel issue, he predicts that her and aurora are about to have a fight. and that fight happens because she pisses aurora off, because of ulysses' warning.

Did you see the actual sales and every order following that? Stores were ordering it because the buzz was huge, but actual sales didn't warrant the controversy it caused. It went completely ignored once Rebirth hit.

can Ullyses just fucking die already?
we all know his prediction shit is going to get fucked up whether it means him dying or going blind

The problem is that Ulysses's prophecies aren't supposed to be self-fulfilling at all. Like that's the opposite of how they were shown to work. Either the editors are shitting the bed by not telling the writers how it works, or at some point someone trained Ulysses wrong so now his ability is useless.

>Marvel
>editors

Everybody in the CivilWar2 is still blind about this apparently, plus H.Y.D.R.A. Cap is good covering his tracks around Ullyses and Carol. i'm betting H.Y.D.R.A.'S gonna come out on top at the end

Black Panther is a Jew?

Apparently she was a set up by Hydra Cap.

He's been working behind the scenes, and was even gonna kill Ulysses before tony showed up to kidnap him

no she's not hydra at all, steve and HYDRA were like "maybe ulysses isn't right" and red skull said kill him anyway, no risks

She was an innocent, Cap confirmed with his Hydra handlers and even Red Skull that she has nothing to do with Hydra. That is the one thing Cap HASN'T set up in Civil War II. That alone seems to prove that Ulysses is questionable.

No. It cant be him... you mean bendis the writer?

Carol's still doing this wrong.

She wasn't 100% wrong with Thanos(although she really should've told the entire fucking superhero community that he was coming in order to prevent a death), but she should just try to wait until the very moment these things happen in order to do them. At least for whatever's on a smaller scale and isn't cosmic or planet threatening.

Peter's been doing this right. He was with Ulysses and waited until the perp was about to do something and then he caught him. Carol just sees the visions and IMMEDIATELY goes after the person.

The problem with carol here is that she doesn't try to understand why that future happen. She just sees it and try to prevent it. Like she would likely try to figure out what happen to make incident to happen but she wouldn't try to understand why it happen in the first place. Like for Hulk she knows that Banner supposedly was testing with Gamma again but she doesn't try to understand why he did it in the first place.