What's happening? So many CN shows are going to end.. Gumball, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa...

What's happening? So many CN shows are going to end.. Gumball, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, Mixels and now Adventure Time too :( The channel needs to create a lot of new shows that can fill the place for these shows.

Other urls found in this thread:

animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2016/06/animation-expansion.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SM6W8Oj-L3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

TTGO 24/7.
So nothing changes.

Cartoons last so long. Sitcoms can last a decade, most cartoons last less than five. Shows like Regular Show, Gumball, etc have lasted for years already. I honestly thought RS ended two or so years ago.

Uncle Grandpa is possibly not the hit they expected. Apparently kids like it but I don't know if it's super popular. Likewise with Mixels.

We need GOOD shows, not just new ones. As fans we need to continue to raise our expectations of animation so we stop getting reboot garbage.

I'm so sad that Gumball and UG are ending. I was just getting into both of those shows and finding them actually really funny. I hope that whatever replaces them isn't terrible. Was Twelve Forever a pilot presented to CN? That show had a good style

Is this just in americuck? UK CN shows a mixture of everything. If anything it's Gumball that is aired the most.

Everything has to end some time.

Better to have the team make a final season than to yank the rug out from under them after years of floundering ratings and terrible episodes.

CN just picked up that astro boy reboot so that's something.

The problem isn't that these shows are ending. The problem is they're all ending at once, in the span of a couple years. Im willing to bet TTG is next on their hit list. Reboots will be all that's left, and Nick is slowly but surely making a bit of a comeback.

Uncle Grandpa was a little too MAD tv styled for people's taste I think. I didn't like it at first but it was actually pretty good.

I don't really think they could market it with toys which was probably a big negative.

So lets see...by 2018:

>Adventure Time will have ended
>Regular Show will have ended
>Gumball will have ended
>Mixels will have ended
>Uncle Grandpa will have ended
>SU probably will be done by then

Leaving us with
>Mighty Magiswords (maybe)
>We Bare Bears (maybe?)
>Clarence (maybe?)
>Teen Titans Go!
>Ben 10
>PPG
>Pokemon
>Lego Ninjago
>Justice League Action
>Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs show

Presumably, Transformers, Scooby Doo, Sonic Boom, and Bunnicula are getting more season as well

The animation guild blog (and a bunch of other evidence for the former) has confirmed full OK KO and Long Live the Royals series

Would you rather have every show become a FLOP?

CN went under new management a while back. That means that as long as old shows exist, the new management is just riding the coattails of the people they replaced. The new guys want to put cost savings on their resume, so they are going to replace everything they can with something that is visibly cheaper to run. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

Good. I rather new/no shows than the shit currently airing.

>OK KO
>implying anyone cares about that ugly shit with references kids won't get

Mixels was doomed from the start cartoon-wise.

The first episodes were minute-long shorts that people disliked due to being all over the place.

The latest 30 min specials have been good and the animation has gotten a lot more fluid, but they're only released once in a blue moon and I don't know if they do reruns. It doesn't help the LEGO line is ending.

>LLTR full series
Mixed feelings. I liked the miniseries, but how are they going to extend that story over an entire season?

>mfw they're probably gonna be the next Adventure Time & Regular Show.

I wouldn't wonder if they kill SU too. They seem to rush the recent season, the hiatus already ends during fall and we just had a SU nuke. Not to mention that the seasons are only half as long as the first one now and the contract only includes season 4 or 5 IIRC and s4 has already started.
They want to rush the last season of RS as well as far as I know.

spongebob 24/7

Just as a heads up, Warner Bros' TV/DTV unit & CN are closing down shop, CN has very few shows ordered but they are set to be the last to be produced at the company.

You could also stop watching a childrens' network if it displeases you so much.

You're better off doing features only.

>missing Mixels

Nice shit taste.

>reboot
>something

Don't forget Mexico!

this literally looks like a webcomic

when's it airing

>'d-don't watch it then!!'
you probably think you're being smart, too.

I miss when Cartoon Network aired Gundam shows.

It's too difficult to judge when SU is going to end with it's pacing.

Doesn't even take intelligence to understand common sense. Don't watch something and it'll go away eventually with little impact on your life.

Oh fuck. Maybe this is the real reason why McCracken went to Disney. He probably was more in the know due to his veteran status.

> :(

Don't worry, we have the best next thing!

I think you're going out of your way to single out a casual comment way too hard.

I miss it solely because the toys were the best things lego has produced in a long time.

Will not last more then 1 season.

He left for Disney way before the budget cuts/lay offs.

I care

8 or so years a solid run for a cartoon. It's better than having these shows become shambling zombies for 20-30+ years like Simpsons.

Alternately, this opens them up to be brought back and re-constructed, like the multiple versions of He-Man, Transformers and the like.

>CN fumbles after cancelling too many shows too close together
>Nick eventually redeems itself and hits a stride similar to their 90's glory days after gaining inspiration from their nostalgia blocks

I want to believe so bad

>Mixels

Oh thank Christ.
I mean, I don't want to sound like CN is cancer, WAS always cancer, but now, they are. So much quality has been shitted out of this generation of cartoons since the era of Looney Toons and Prime Disney, that seeing such a channel that aired the greatness that was; Warner Bros Classics, PPG, Ed Edd n Eddy, Kids Next Door, Prime Toonami and so many more that put CN on the map next to Disney 2000 era and Nick 90s era, it's time for channels like this to end while they are ahead.

I've come to realize the ONLY real way for cartoon animation to transcend back into it's long forgotten prime is to go all digital, as in, no more tv channels designated for them, instead host cartoons on the internet, aka, YouTube and the like. Kids don't have time/ care to sit next to a tv, they are ALL on tablet/smart phones. They've moved on to a new mold, while animation is the horse at the starting gate.

Case in point, if we get things like Netflix or all together YouTube hosting channels were all new cartoons can get posted anytime of the day, without commercial interruptions, go back to the traditional 24 min format back in the day, all without the strain of transferring films from one part of the world to another when it all can go through the internet to save time and MONEY, making time spend on QUALITY a thing again? Everything can be fixed and animation can be great again.

Fuck it, maybe this will give me an excuse to stop watching children's cartoons. At least it's not live action stuff again

So, what to take from this is that animation is dying down on the television medium and transferring to online streaming?

In UK CN, it's mainly Gumball or AT airing instead of TTG, TTG only airs at 7PM, which is past the time most of it's fanbase will have gone to bed, you must have it hard in the US

This. It's good to have a conclusion instead of a non-ending.

That said, who cares what's ending in fucking 2018? The world will be dead by then.

Gumball isn't ending. They've got at least another season after the current one, and perhaps even more after that.

Gumball will no longer have Ben working on it, not have it end.

I'd be willingly to suffer endless TTGO if it meant we got Adult Swim every night.

>Nick is making a comeback
How is that? Just curious, since I don't have cable anymore.

user... I've got some bad news.

Ben is officially leaving the show and it has yet to be renewed for a season 7. However, CN has not made any announcement whether it will be renewed or not. It's very much possible that it will. Consider the fact that many people, including Ben and the entire staff, also thought season 2 would be the final season before later getting renewed.

Personally, I hope it does end. 6 seasons is a great run and shows almost never stay as good when the original writers leave.

Why don't they let us have adult swim on CN after 9pm? Or at least actual regular show?

Excuse me for my thickhead but I don't see anything about CN here. I don't even see anything about downsizing

>After communicating with powers-that-be at Warner Bros., please know that the Warner Bros. Animation staff has expanded 35% over the past year.
If anyone interprets the above to mean "Warner Bros. is down-sizing", such is not the case. WBA has moved into new facilities outside the gates of the Warners Ranch, and produces a variety of animated projects, from Bugs Bunny to Scooby Do to super heroes.

Where did you get 'CN is shutting down' from this?

Adventure time and Regular show needed to be euthanized, though.

At least we Robot Boy, Chop Socky Chooks and Skatoony, every one loves those.

>hating on based Robot Boy
fuck outta here

It's just awful. Thank god for BTATB, about to watch it with my late night coffee.

Huh. That looks.... okay.

The pilot's on youtube, it's fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=SM6W8Oj-L3c

He wasn't saying they were, he is being hopeful they are.

jesus..
what was the point of CN getting its shit together in the 90s if it was just going to end 20 years later?

They did something smart and put the creator of pete and pete in charge of their 'revive old shit' movement..
so it's actually going to be revived WELL by someone who actually understands what the shit was about. actual original creators are being brought back.

yeah this looks.... okay. ugly, but fun.

that kid goku/gohan though

I'm reminded of Regular Show except "Radical"

>ugly shit whit references kids won't get
wasn't that basically the premise of Regular Show though?

holy fucking shit it's weird hearing gokugohan's funimation voice. i guess she finally went union which would explain why i wanna say they didnt use her in Kai's dub

they are airing Gundam: IBO right now. From what I'm hearing it's not a good show.

so is this the new art, or the old art and the short is the new art?
because this looks ages better than the short.

Looks like a garbage Fox Kids show that would air in the 90's at 12 PM weekdays so nobody actually watched it

on Adult Swim, as CN is deathly allergic to action shows at the moment.

It's called getting old faggots, your generation's time is over. Time for the real world

I wasn't aware we were all in our 70s user

Hey arnold reboot. Nicktoons movie with all 90's nicktoons. That's what they're doing.

So, they're making a comeback by pandering

It's better than what they've been doing for the past decade.

they also have The Loud House, and that's a step in the right direction

Gumball isn't ending so idk why everyone is saying it is.

it's a shame that RS is ending after this season, that UG has been cancelled. AT is probably going to end soon, as if it's even on anymore.

I mean, seriously, how long has it been since a new episode aired and how long will it be before Reboot and Preboot actually air?

Has there even been any news about them airing because I haven't heard a thing about them since the 2minute preview that came out 2 months ago.. it's pretty annoying that CN has no idea what they are doing when it comes to their shows.

It's actually pretty pathetic for a major network to not know how to manage their programs.

Honestly, if I was in charge of CN, so many people would be fired for this jackassery. It's really unprofessional.

It's not even just CN, it's everyone network that airs cartoons that doesn't know what they're doing.

GFs and Wander are twoi examples of shows on Disney that weren't manage properly and suffered because of it. (ofcourse GF was entirely Alex the Hacks fault, not disney. He should have manned up and realized that having a show on a major network is something that is difficult and if he couldn't hack it then he shouldn't have ever started to begin with)

Wander being cancelled was entirely Disneys fault because they wanted it to be stand alone and then when they wanted more they fucked up and Wander died because of it.

It reminds me of Moral Orel and how Adult swim wanted it to be darker and then because it was "too dark" they cancelled it.

Dont' even get me started on Adultswim and how terrible they are.

Aqua teen being cancelled, how lazzo treats space ghost, "it's dead to me" how do you s ay somehting like that about the show that put you where you are today?

without space ghost, lazzo would have nothing and for him to feel the way he does about it is disgusting.

R.i.P Croker

I don't even watch nick anymore because nothing on it interests me (although I am considering giving Loud house a chance)

Except Steven Universe isn't ending so nothing that's being said in this thread at all matters.
Go ahead, try to make me care about any of your inferior '''''''''''shows''''''''''

>uncle grandpa
>good

>adventure time
>good

fuck off.

Honestly, scheduling in TV is pretty fucked up right now.

Nick and CN only know how to air in week long bombs.

Disney is the only one that has a somewhat normal weekly schedule with their cartoons. Doesn't excuse their treatment of Wander though

Nickelodeon is our only hope
I wouldn't bet on it though

Disney still has Star Vs. The Forces of Evil and they have Milo Murphy's Law coming out pretty soon

cont.

But everything else on nick (FOP, the shitty new spongebob, and everything else on it) is garbage. NIck hasn't been good for years desu

but i am mostly disappointed in CN

no one wants TTG on 24/7, not even children.
SU doesn't deserve the amount of attention its been receiving, even though I like it it really isn't as amazing as everyone makes it out to be

and we don't need 5 or 6 threads for it everyday... it's becoming as much of a contaminate as MLP was and the way it's going, its going to need its own board soon...

Dont' even get me started on NuPPG.
I feel the worst for Mccracken having to see his show turned into the rubbish it is now.

I'm glad Gendy is finally getting SAmurai Jack back on the air but we are only getting 10 episodes of that sadly

It's sad to see how much cartoons have degraded over the years (and that does't even include how bad foxs shows have been ruined)

I grew up with simpsons, family guy etc. and to see the gorefest shit its become is very sad considering how much both of those shows have influenced my life. Im sure im not alone in that feeling.. watching something you grew up with warped so horribly right infront of you?

obviously most of you wont read this and those of you who do will respond harshly because this is Cred Forums ofcourse

and i wouldn't want it any other way pham

>NeoPPG
>NeoBen 10
>TTG
>Will inevitably reboot their other shows too
>Dexter's Lab is probably next
I HURT MYSELF TODAY

Won't lie, Disney looks promising and even great.
But people won't watch or shit of them because 'no lore'.

The way people shit on Pickle and Peanut is testament to that.

You're trying too hard to bait user, maybe next time lay off the trip and tone down the aggression

>Gumball GO
>Regular Show GO
>Uncle Grandpa GO
>Adventure Time GO
Tell me it won't

Uh oh. Looks like someone has shit taste!

man what shitty bait

>Better to have the team make a final season than to yank the rug out from under them after years of floundering ratings and terrible episodes.
Steven Universe has been doing that but they have at least 12 more seasons for it to go

yup now come over and watch my channel

Only when Ducktales comes out mouse.

This is just SU but with lolsorandumb schtick instead of lesbian space rocks

>imply several of CN's current shows aren't already considered Flops

This has been a second generation for me. Started with Dexter, PPG, Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddie etc, dropped off after Samurai Jack. Then came back with regular show before getting into AT etc. I had a few shows I'd catch now and again between them, but those have been my two main eras.
Maybe this is my out.

Yes but with OKKO those references are shoved out front and center nonstop all the time rather than serving as background or macguffin for one or two episodes.

>animation is dying down on the television medium and transferring to online streaming?
The fact that most western animation these days are the type of shit you'd normally see on newgrounds, yes.
And yes, that includes Steven Universe in terms of how the animation is handled.

God dammit this actually looks good and doesn't seem to conform to the CalArts standards, I'm gonna be so pissed if it really doesn't last more than one season.

They decided not to rely entirely on Spongebob and live action shows from now on. This means that Dan Schrieder is going to be out of a job soon enough.

oh it will be released, but enjoy the time on my channel until then

>Chop Socky Chooks
That garbage is still airing somewhere in the world?

> Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs shows
Wait, when was that a thing?

This is exactly what Steven Universe would be if you stripped it to its essence, anime ripoff crap with almost nothing but anime references in place of actual creativity

Every god damn day in the dead slots

Awww, go fuck yourself annon.

>Hey arnold reboot
Anything more than the announced special event to tie off the story of w/e?
I'm so worried.

>No Rating
Why is that significant?

That's 'ratings,' as in how many people watch it.

Thank fuck, Cartoon Network needs a refresh. People moan and whine that they want their favourite shows to go on forever but then you end up with the Simpsons. Shows should last five seasons at most and then end.

Where were you when Cartoon Network became the "Cheaply Made Shitty Reboot Network"

But don't most SU faggots just watch and sometimes stream tv rips of the show on their laptops while laying down in bed?
I would think ratings wouldn't matter much when it would only count the kids who are watching it on TV, which is only like 1-5% of the total viewers.

I think five seasons is too much for most cartoons. None of the CN cartoons deserved to go past five seasons.

Do you want shows to last until they are horrible shambling husks of their former selves, like Simpsons, or Family Guy, or South Park?

The ratings of a show directly correlate to how much money they get from advertisers. If a show has shitty ratings the advertisers pay less, if that gets too low a show will be cancelled.

This is why the entire situation of CN is hilarious. '
It is bringing out all the insecure manchildren and underage who do not know what they want.

*DON'T.*

We already have Adventure Time.

Nice trips, but I don't see why new simpsons is that bad, and Ive only seen a handful of both older seasons and newer ones. They honestly seem equal to me.

I was juist watching a bunch of old cartoon network videos, and it happens. New waves will come in soon as short films, internet toons, and pitched ideas take over. I'm going for an animation degree this spring so maybe you'll all be analyzing and fapping to something I make in >7 years

Care to elaborate? What do you know we don't?

Question: How do we kill TTG?

You'd have to get everyone to stop watching it, because when people complain they make episodes where that's the main joke.

surely they can't pander to the autists forever.

The guy who made that short was a producer and supervising director on SU so you're pretty accurate.

You have to pay to have a TV license in the UK, why isn't there a system where you can vote on what shows are shown and which aren't? Your country is shit.

You are such a twat...you can't have a public voting system, that could end some goood shows as well as bad ones...nice try with your "MERICA FUCK YEAH" BS.

>It is bringing out all the insecure manchildren and underage who do not know what they want.
Fucking this. The only shows I noticed that are actually stable that manchildren and actual kids like are Regular Show and Gumball, like rarely you get a total stinker like RS' wedding episode. If you at least take inspiration from those two shows, then I'm pretty sure your newer shows will get viewers and ratings.

Don't get your hopes up. This has some retarded 10 second per episode format or something like that.

Simple: we kidnap Robin's parents.

your expectations can NEVER be men

never have any expectations

you are just buthurt they are not bringing back Cartoon Network Real

No, I just think it's a dumb idea. Instead of making new shows left and right trying to find the next Adventure Time, CN should focus on making the shows they have not suck, like Adventure Time. At least Ian is a shit boarder and writer so SU will lose nothing by him leaving.

did you skip the generation with billy and mandy, kids next door, camp lazlo etc?

"Working for the Weekend" is straight up episode 2 or 3.

The shorts didn't have a consistent art style, they were all guest animated.

We already know that Youtube amd the internet are god awful for animators.

Netflix as an exception aside, the internet is based around quantity over quality at dirt cheap prices. That's why makeup tutorials and cheap sketch comedy and cheesy lets plays dominate the scene. It's all about what's cheap to make but easy to make in bulk.

PPG is probably not making it as long as TTG. It's ratings are meh compared to other shows, and if it holds for S2 holding on to it would be pointless.

they're entering the dark age again

I watched some Billy and Mandy, but not much. I did watch pretty much all of the original Ben 10 run.

Insider infor here

Cartoon network is currently being bid on by some online tv providers (netflix, Hulu. etc) to provide streams which is against most of their programs contracts. AKA CN gonna cash out in the next 2 year.

good

every show WILL suck given enough times

Adventure Time is exceptionally lucky to remain this good for so long

please Ánima Estudios is no involved

PLEASSEEEEEEEE

>What's happening
my dreams are coming true. CN is shit. Even Disney XDDDD is a bit better

as it's not calarts style i'll i'll give it a chance i'll never forgive AT from making that style main stream

hopefully Netflix buys them hulu are ultra giga jews