Next 'Rebirth' SUPERMAN Arc Paying Tribute to DARWYN COOKE & NEW FRONTIER

>Peter Tomasi, Patrick Gleason, and Doug Mahnke might be taking a couple issues of Superman to honor Darwyn Cooke, but that doesn't mean the story will be on hold as the Man of Steel and his son, Jonathan Kent, travel to the New Frontier version of Dinosaur Island.

>The story kicks off in October 5's Superman #8, as the "Rebirth" Clark Kent and his son - and their dog Krypto, of course - are unexpectedly transported to a mysterious island that has remnants of a great battle. The arc, titled "Return to Dinosaur Island," delves the aftermath of the action in New Frontier, but also features the father-son team fighting dinosaurs themselves. .

Fuck yes. Based Tomasi.

>Tomasi: Yeah. Just as in Batman and Robin's story, from the very first issue, right to issue #40, all those issues later, there were all these little pieces of - anybody reading the series could see they were all placed in there and all had some kind of ripple effect or were touched upon even almost five years later.

>Gleason: Issue #7, when we write that, it stemmed from a joke, just a set-up joke. That Superman couldn't stop being Superman for one day. And that Lois, still loving him, would call him on it at the end, saying "I knew it!" And doing that kind of comic book is just great. It was really nice. And I think fans really respond to that.

>Gleason just finished drawing #10

What happened to Ripped Krypto?

He pulled him back out, senpai.

>hat Superman couldn't stop being Superman for one day
But he sure stopped for several tears.

He was still supermanning in the background like he did in issue #7

I hope Tomasi gets Superman right this time. His first arc was a fucking bore, but the seventh issue pulled me back. This arc sounds promising, so I hope it's written like the last issue instead of another DBZ tier arc.

Superman fighting dinosaurs appeals to me.

A fucking dunkleosteus!!!!

Man i love Rebirth's Superdad and Son!!! Can't wait!

What the fuck is he doing on Superbro's Fortress?

Gettinga l ittle too comfy in a place that aint your huh, Superdad?

Oh, God, they're gonna shove this kid everywhere now, aren't they?

Man this fucking comic is so Silver Agey. I love it.

>Doug Mahnke
Fuck yes.

He's probably the least annoying sidekick we've had since Dick Grayson. He actually is a newbie that's unsure of his place and trusts his father to the point it's adorable and has problems just like kids do when he's not trying to be his Dad's son.

And Supe is such a good Dad telling him that he doesn't have to be Superman's Son. He just wants him to be a good man. Every time they interact it's like we see that not all of Pa Kent died on that fateful morning. I don't like to say this for comparison, but Clark is so much more Kent than he is El. And the fact he's trying to pass on what his Pa taught him...

Oh God, I'm crying now. Screw you.

Pa Kent, thank you for giving us the lessons we needed. Your son passes them on well.

He gets Superman. The problem is his choppy storytelling.

>He's probably the least annoying sidekick we've had since Dick Grayson.

>implying Wally West was annoying.
>implying Tim Drake was annoying.

I love Jon too. But come on.

From the thumbnail I thought that Jon was shirtless.

Disgusting. I hate children.

I would like this run even more if Gleason were drawing all the issues.

Wow did Superdad just took over Superbro's Fortress?

He's using it because the fortress is meant for Superman. Superbro will get it back when he returns.

You're a fag

>He just wants him to be a good man. Every time they interact it's like we see that not all of Pa Kent died on that fateful morning.

Pre-52 Supes' pa is still alive, or at least was until the entire universe was obliterated.

Superman having a punch out contest for four out of six issues is not getting Superman.

It's actually Kara's fortress since superbro gave it to her.

>Superman has a son
>Naturally he's very prevalent in Superman's stories
>Batman has a son
>???

Err, no he's not. He died of a heart attack at the end of Johns' Brainiac.

Pa Kent died in Johns' pre 52 run.

WHAT?

Well, in that case, I'm glad nu-52 happened. Fucking writers.

>I'm glad nu-52 happened
Why? He's dead in this reality too. At least Pre-52 Ma Kent was alive.

Where have you been?
He went to it the first arc of Superman and in this week's issue of AC.

BLOW IT ALL UP

Goddammit did you guys even read Superman in the era you're worshipping so hard

and Gleason (they are both co-writers)

I read it in the 90s, back when everything was good in the world.

>Characterfags reading good comics

Why would anyone read cape comics if it's not for the characters?

To pass their time by reading at least decent stories.

>decent stories
>cape comics
They are doing the same stories over and over again. The characters are the only reason why I think anyone would bother with them.

Pa Kent dying of a heart attack after being with Superman for so many years is a decent end.

Much better than certain other ways for him to die, at least.

>by why would they
Is this Marvel?

Kara hasn't even met this Superman. This Superman is just entering without permission.

He died even EARLIER in New 52 continuity. He didn't even get to see Clark becoming Superman.

Do you even read comics at all?

This is why this "Superman and this family are strangers from another universe while this world's Superman is dead" is a shitty status quo.

>when he returns

Superbro is not coming back. They killed him to replace him with Pre-Flashpoint Superman. He's probably going to be retconned/forgotten like Earth-2 Superman was, or fused with Superdad as the same entity.

Keeping it warm for him. Fortresses of Solitude are like cars, you got to turn it on every once in a while or else the battery will drain and the fuel in the tank will get too old and fuck things up.

>Batman has a son
>that makes friends by kidnapping them.

>They are doing the same stories over and over again.

This is a meme only a person not reading comics would say.

No I mean didn't krypto look fucking huge at one point or am I bugin?

>or fused with Superdad as the same entity.

Yeah, because that worked so well with that Hawkman motherfucker.

Say no to the Super-Snarl.

Marvel got away with it after Heroes Reborn with regular Tony and Teen Tony. Mainly by ignoring it.

Oh that's just inconsistency, they decided to ignore that New 52 Krypto looked more like a wolf and made him more dog again. When an artist or writer likes a certain design more he'll just use it instead of trying to work things out.

Thing is nobody actually liked Teen Tony anyway. New 52 Superman has his fans, fusing him with Superdad is only gonna piss people off.

No in this weeks AC he went to his own