Did the Teen Titans cartoon do a huge disservice to Raven in general...

Did the Teen Titans cartoon do a huge disservice to Raven in general? Injustice nailed what she should look and sound like, though.

obviously all anyone on Cred Forums cares about is if they can grab their dicks to her and not an actual interest in the character.

Obvious bait thread is obvious.

Comics Raven is shit and no one would give a shit about her without the cartoons.

>Comic Raven is shit
You're shit, Comic Raven is a fantastic character.

>muh trigon
>muh mindrape

yeah sure

Wolfman please go, your character is shit

best raven right here

>Cred Forums doesn't read comics but talks shit about them anyway
Typical.

Injustice Raven looks objectively worse than shit.

Not arguing about anything else, though.

What a QT

Why shouldn't Raven look ugly? She's a half demon monstrosity hybrid.

>implying Demons have to look ugly

>implying I'm wrong

Injustice Raven was absolute dogshit.
Comic Raven is also shit.
Just because someone dislikes a bad character and a cartoon did her better justice than said comics doesn't mean all comics or characters in said comics are bad.

You are wrong

She's not supposed to be ugly though. NetherRealm and Boon are just terrible at modeling women.

There's no need to be ass-blasted, you can still enjoy your waifu.
It's just that, for some of us, she went from mildly irritating to almost unbearable very quickly.

But you didn't actually read the comics.

Raven wasn't attractive at all in the comics until later years where we got shit like de-aged Raven going to high school, getting tats and wearing thongs.

Now we just have teenaged, qt goth in Teen Titans Rebirth which I actually like, but this is because of her portrayal in the cartoons.

What I want to know is why you want her to look ugly?

And she's half of a "big ass demon" and half of a "humanoid, normal person," where does monstrosity come into play? Part of the point her character was that she can go to other places so that Trigon can summon himself there and wreck shit up. If she was ugly as fuck, I'm sure that would be harder for her.

It'a pretty obvious that you didn't actually read the comics but just repeating what Cred Forums tells ya.

I've read them plenty user. I will grant that its been awhile since I have, but I've read them. I dislike her character in the comics and generally her design, its not always bad, but I don't like it 9/10.

Have they improved their shit for Injustice 2? Wonder Woman and Raven was enough for me to just not buy the game.

Are you kidding, nigger? They put her on the map as a character. No one outside of comic geeks knew who the hell she was before that.

>I totally read the comics.
Sure you did user.

JLvTT Raven is probably my favorite Raven. That is when they nailed her I think.

I'm pretty sure they stated once that she becomes more ugly when her connection with Trigon grows stronger.

Maybe Raven could be interesting but like Cyborg she's pigeonholed to one story and role leaving her stagnate as fuck as a character. There's no interesting character progression or hook, just a constant rehashing of the same old tropes making her very bland and boring, otherwise shit.

Is this what Cred Forums has become?

Shit, I'm 19, and I'm starting to feel old.

Is that seriously your argument? That someone who dislikes something has no knowledge of it? This isn't Cred Forums. The same could be said of Terra in the comics, her design is rather lackluster, her backstory and interactions with Deathstroke are far greater compared to the show, but her design much like Ravens until years later was lackluster and poor.

But you continue saying I haven't read the comics, it doesn't really matter to me.

Except beauty is a frequent disguise for evil in various mythologies.

Have you not read Raven rebirth?

She is great

>19
>old

Shit son, I'm old to be your father.

desu without the cartoons I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Titans franchise went the right of the Legion in terms of profitability for DC with the way this franchise has been mishandled in decades.

I'm glad things have turned around for the Titans with Rebirth though.

Eduardo Barreto drew a very attractive Raven.

*way

What is wrong with JLvTT Raven? She has a good design and fits rather well.

Raven at that point before the cartoon was a literal fucking who along with the rest of the Titans apart from Robin, the cartoon is what really made the Teen Titans more popular

Raven has actually been fortunate enough to have a number of enjoyable incarnations.

>Teen Titans Raven
>JL vs TT Raven (once you get used to her voice)
>Rebirth Raven (the comic is promising so far)
And last but not least
>TTGO Raven

I'm calling it as I see it, you clearly didn't actually read the comics.

Capeshit comics are nothing but rehashing old shit so that argument doesn't hold water.

>it's shit but since everything else is shit that makes it okay!

Nice argument.

I completely agree comic raven is shit. She has martian manhunter syndrome where she tries to do something useful and then gets BTFO. She's too powerful in theory and so they never let her do much.

She's a pacifist and often outright refuses to fight. She manipulated wally for the longest time with her powers and didn't help him sort it out afterwards. She has super long monologues i dont give a SINGLE shit about. She's just annoying as fuck I could make an entire collage out of pic related scenarios.

Fuuucckkk I hate Raven and the losers who waifu her.

Someone tell me why they like comic raven, go ahead.

Well you're free to believe that user, you're also free to believe that Batman is Wolverine's arch nemesis, Harry Truman is still alive, and that Pigs are Galactic Overlords of Jupiter.

>she's pigeonholed to one story.
No she isn't. People say that but it's bullshit.

I'm actually liking the first issue of this run.
Does that mean I have shit taste?

Well your argument is bullshit. I have to pretend that Superman is pigeonholed or Batman isn't Pigeonholed? Like any of these characters aren't stagnate? Raven isn't unique in this sense so why do faggot like you always insist that she is?

>implying you actually read the comics
This is just like Cred Forums and wonder woman a couple years back, people acting like they know shit when they actually knew jack shit. Everything you're saying is nothing but someone else's regurgitated opinion that you took as fact.

Damn someone is getting salty that people don't like his waifu.

I literally just screenshotted a picture of me reading the comics in my past post. Are you retarded?

Here's another one of your ugly waifu I took just for this occasion.

>Everything you're saying is nothing but someone else's regurgitated opinion that you took as fact.
That pretty much sums up Cred Forums perfectly.

They do different stories with Batman, they do different stories with Superman. You can't say that with Raven.

You sure as Hell can't say Superman is stagnate with having a kid and a wife around. Damian existing shakes up Batman's world big time as well. Raven wishes she had the wealth of story possibilities that the World's Finest does.

Like I said previously, maybe DC could do something more interesting with Raven but they have shown time and time again they either don't have the interest, effort or the talent to do so.

>LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

OK then.

THEY DID DIFFERENT STORIES WITH RAVEN! Read the actual comic for god's sake

This, the most Raven gets is slight retellings of the Trigon story and how she interacts with the world, generally interacting it with it more naturally in animation than the comics or Injustice where she is basically non-existent.

>Raven turns evil for the 20th time
>Trigon comes back AGAIN

yawn. The most original story she got was in her own emo series.

also, how can you like this ugly monstrosity?

Justice League vs. Teen Titans has the cutest Raven.

Prove me wrong.

More like someone is salty that people like comic Raven.

user you're really just highlighting your ignorance here.

Yeah no. Waifufags in this thread are literally fuming because people think Raven's shit, people arguing against her aren't raging like they are.

It's always bloody fucking Trigon with this bitch without fail in Teen Titans, even now in Teen Titans: Rebirth it's brought up yet again without fail. She's the very definition of being pigeonholed. Status Quo is God defines this shitty character.

>people against her are forming logical arguments and being calm and dropping the situation because they aren't stubborn
>people who like comic raven aren't even bothering to argue back and just keep spouting read the comics brah, clearly you haven't and acting very defensive

k

not an argument
want to try again?

You wouldn't give a fuck if you didn't find her sexually appealing.
You aren't interested in the character herself, just the drawing.

>people against the character are forming logical arguments
Bullshit. Don't try to pass your opinion as a "Logical argument" user.

Then don't try to pass your opinion as though others haven't read the comics, user.

>not an argument
So the fuck what? This isn't debate class and even if it was you'd be losing.

user it's a basic fact that you don't actually read comics.

Its a basic fact you're a fucking moron.

It's part of her backstory you dumb cunt. Are you saying that we can't even reference her fucking origin cause ot involves Trigon.

>no Raven supporters have even started talking about why they like her yet
haha what a bunch of turds

>I'LL KEEP SAYING THIS BECAUSE WELL M-MUH WAIFU

I mean, I get it.
People on Cred Forums don't read comics as much as you'd think... but there's absolutely no need to be such a baby about this.

That doesn't mean EVERY FUCKING STORY involving her should be about her infernal daddy issues.

Nobody here actually read the comics so why even bother?

That's fine and dandy, still doesn't mean this isn't the same story beats you get with Raven time and time again in Teen Titans which if you remember what we were arguing about when discussing whether or not Raven is pigeonholed.

If nobody here actually reads the comics then by that logic, neither do you. Your opinion is discarded and doesn't matter, read the comics.

>trolling this hard
do you even like Raven, user?

I wonder if people bashing the comic look even realize she was purposely drawn uglier and more hag-like over the course of several issues as a way to show Trigon gaining more control over her body, and those are the panels people usually use for the whole "Comic Raven sucks because she's ugly" argument?

>every story involving her should be about her infernal daddy issues.
NEWSFLASH:That's not the actual case. Even in NTT that's wasn't the case. It's a meme user, said by people who didn't actually read the comics.

You mean like her current run where she appears to be dealing with someone other than trigon :^)

There's a lot of stories about Raven that doesn't involve Trigon.