How do you feel about the recently-confirmed CGI Lion King remake by Jon Favreau?

How do you feel about the recently-confirmed CGI Lion King remake by Jon Favreau?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-lion-king-jon-favreau-20160928-snap-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UmPmpUTr22c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I feel its unnecessary.

>more CGIshit polluting films
I rather it not exist.

Is it 'Jungle Book' cgi or 'Zootopia' cgi?

Jungle Book

Why did Scar hate his brother so much?

ITS NOT CGI YOU FUCKING MORON its going to be LIVE ACTION. like what they did with jungle book.

retards

latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-lion-king-jon-favreau-20160928-snap-story.html

It was bound to happen, so I'm not even mad.

Completely a money grab. What could a remake do or introduce that the original did not? What does it offer that's new?

Children don't watch Lion King anymore, it's a pretty old movie.
Remaking it reintroduces the movie to the kids and grandkids of the original.

What was Scar's name before he got the scar?

It needs to have a an interesting twist to it in order to peak my interest.

>Children don't watch Lion King anymore

Please, children still watch Snow White.

that escalated quickly.

Recently confirmed?
It already exists, moron.
youtube.com/watch?v=UmPmpUTr22c

Elton John needs to play Scar.

Name a human character in The Lion King.

and they're going to be use real lions and hyenas and all real animals right?

Are those organs spilling out of Cogsworth?

I hope we get JB2 first.

No, they really don't. The only kids who watch snow white are the ones that were showed it by their nostalgic parents. Old Disney cartoon aren't really a staple like they used to be. A lot of kids don't like they way the old movies look or are paced. Animation has changed a lot in the past 50 years and although classic Disney is still good, it doesn't appeal to the 5 year olds of today.

Disney has a gold mine because they have a bunch of characters instantly recognised by children and adults, but the only recent iterations of those characters are from Disney junior shows.

It makes zero sense because we know it'll all be CGI and since Lion King has zero humans they're basically making another animated movie.

Yes, but now it can emulate reality perfectly, the one true goal of animation.

Fuck all the hate, I'm excited enough for it. The original is a candidate for my favorite movie of all time, and yeah, this remake is unnecessary, but I'm still excited to see a movie I love in a different style. There's no way it's going hold up in comparison to the original, and it's not going to add anything new, but I think it'll still be cool to see realistic animals acting out the story and being expressive. It's not like the remake department is taking resources from the animation department and if it ends up being shit it's not going to ruin the original for me.

Taka

This is a step towards more dramatic cartoon films, so it's good in my eyes.

You realize that Jungle book was literally all CGI except for Mowgli, right? He was the only part.

So if there are no humans in Lion King, then that makes this...

Narcissism.

You'd think that growing up with him would have left him at least with some conflicted feelings. They must have had a horrible relationship.

I know you're being facetious but that sentence makes me sour.

There's potential. Jon did a good job with The Jungle Book remake, but then again, as much as I liked the original movie, there was flaws that definitely left room for improvement with remaking the movie.

Jon probably could make a good movie, but considering how good the original movie was, it doesn't really need to be remade.

>You'd think that growing up with him would have left him at least with some conflicted feelings.
With actual, real narcissism, there's no room for other feelings.

Who will be the live actors be playing? There are no human characters.

existence justifed if theres a super cool cgi remastered version of be prepared

All that means is that there may be some real environments. All the characters will be CGI.

concept art by Salvador dali?

But why?
Is someone keeping a note of all the live action remakes they're making?
I swear there must've been at least a dozen of them announced since Cinderella.

Will Nala be sexy in 3D?

go away, eddie

Shut up, Eddie.

Who is this

Eeedie?

You speak of?

You know, there's so much CGI in "live-action" stuff these days I honestly have no clue when it stops being live-action and starts being a really realistic animated film.

>YOU FUCKING MORON
boy, am I ever not in the mood for some tea?

One of many absolute madmen who wish to have sex with the lion, and admitted it on national television

ha ha
What a bunch of weirdoes, haha

the isolated fact that a girl wrote this is both amusing and slightly disturbing at the same time.

Sounds unnecessary

haha

I now understand why my sisters watched that movie all the fucking time.

And all their friends.

Girls are gross.

*girls

Oh right, like you've never wanted to fuck a lion.

yeah, but we don't publish articles about it under our given name

pfft, fucking lions?
ha ha

>Jon Favreau
Sounds good m8

>even more furries being created by photo-realistic CG Nala's bedroom eyes

>that lip bite

I don't see the point. Traditionally animated animals can emote way better than realistically animated animals.

is this a real image

I will concede your point, but only if you can find me 7 cartoon critter signalling a desire for hot dickings with as much efficacy as this here ferret.

BE PREPARED FOR THE GLORIOUS CASH IN!
BE PREPARED FOR A MOUNTAIN OF DOSH!!

Yeah, look up a guy name Kevin Richardson and be jealous of his job

the way it slams its butt against his crotch is making me uncomfortable and warm inside at the same time

Irons returns as Scar or its shit

>tfw a lioness will never surprise you by biting your ass

he's still not in The Lion Guard

Who cares?

>The Lion Guard

Except that's not how Disney films work, you little shit. They re-release them every few years specifically so they can watch it. The Lion King especially comes on TV occasionally on every single Disney-related channel. What sort of child would be sheltered enough to not watch any Disney movie, let alone the Lion King?

I really hate this implication that animation is somehow a lesser form of entertainment, and that things need to be remade in live action to be appreciated.

I'll agree with this
animation back in the 30s and 40s was geared towards adult audiences and celebrated with animated short films getting academy awards and other accolades.

Now, the academy award for animation just goes for whatever movie is most popular solely because
>Oh, my kids liked it!

It's unfortunate that it isn't looked at in the same way as any other movie as a legitimate art form rather than just a novelty for kids

you're way too stupid to care, good point.

If this is live-action.
Then it would probably be a movie version of the Broadway musical.

>live action
>all the characters are 400-pound predators

The Broadway musical, ever heard of that?

The movie was in theaters for it's anniversary like 2 o 3 years ago

You mean the 3D version?
That was 2011.
By the way, did the 3D version of The Little Mermaid get a wide theatrical re-release?

does it make me a furfag or an autist if I like it?

This only proves that you should only do acid in places you're comfortable.

it makes you a gullible person on the internet giving true autists replies.

There are no human characters + all the animals will be CG = animated and I feel a great swell of shame for anyone who thinks realistic CG = live action.

Official cast just got released:

Andy Serkis as Simba
Andy Serkis as Timon
Andy Serkis as Pumbaa
Andy Serkis as Scar
Andy Serkis as Nala
Andy Serkis as Sarabi
Andy Serkis as Zazu
Andy Serkis as Rafiki
Andy Serkis as Shenzi, Banzai and Ed
Andy Serkis as Sarafina

With special guests:

Andy Serkis as Mufasa
Andy Serkis as young Simba
Andy Serkis as young Nala

Holy shit I was like 'who's this obscure nobody' but he played Stephen Hawking in Theory of Everything and he's playing Newt in FBAWTFT. He's about to go A-list.

Stupid fucking cashgrab. Disney is the epitome of creative bankruptcy.

Dinosaur?

That ... would actually be pretty cool. If they just took a bunch of old documentary footage or filmed a bunch of animals and dubbed it.

Fun fact: Dali really did do concept art for a disney short once.

When normies decide they want it to compete in the "real movie" categories at the Oscars.

They don't though. They only compete in effects categories.

I've known a few people who have never seen Disney. It's not that uncommon. Usually it's because their parents just never showed it to them or let them watch much tv or cartoons.

My sister still hasn't seen The Lion King. I really want to know how she would feel about it because she's said Hamlet is her favorite story, but I haven't been able to show it to her yet.

The one with the puppets? Nobody uses puppets in film anymore.

Did Disney ever pay for ripping off Kimba the White Lion?

How would you feel if they made a Live Action Lion King movie where they replace most the cast with humans?

95% of their filmography is adapting other people's stories and taking the credit.

Usually it's with public domain properties that are centuries old, though, not owned properties that are only decades old.

Many people aren't aware that Beauty and the Beast and Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella are public domain stories. They think that they're Disney creations.

Cinderella and arguably Beauty and the Beast aren't "some other people's stories," not in the same way as Kimba. Tezuka wrote Kimba by coming up with it himself. That's his IP. Cinderella on the other hand is a fairytale. Charles Perrault is often credited with "writing" it, but he just wrote an adaptation of a very old piece of folklore that exists in very many iterations. Pretty much the same with Beauty and the Beast- it's a retelling of the Eros and Psyche myth. Adapting popular, well received version of old myths that pretty much belong to everyone is very different from taking an IP that's still owned and still relevant and not providing credit to the creator. But, yeah, the Disney versions of a lot of fairytales have become the pop culture icon representations of those stories, and that may be a problem in itself.

I'd like to think that people still realize Alice in Wonderland existed before the 50s Disney version, and know about the book. There have been a lot of recognized non-Disney pieces of media on it relatively recently that have been successful enough, many of them featuring popular parts of the books that the Disney version doesn't touch on, like the Jabberwock poem.

So will Jeremy Irons and James Earl Jones reprise their roles?
How about Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella?
Or Cheech and Whoopie?
Will Matthew Broderick finally get another job?
In fact there is literally no reason they can't bring back the entire adult cast.

These VFX shitfests need to stop.
Disney's forgetting why people liked their movies which is pic related