ITT: OHSHIT NIGGA WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

>ITT: OHSHIT NIGGA WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

>People are LITERALLY being gassed and dying right now.
>Concentration camp survivor.
>Why's everything gotta be about Hitler, Magneto?
This is the woman Marvel is pushing as their Wonder Woman.

I haven't seen much outrage on Twitter yet, though.

My friends were texting me about "Hail Hydra" for days.

That was Aurora who said that. No one gives a shit about Aurora.

Has Magneto ever said 2 words to Aurora, ever?

I don't recall them ever even meeting.

Gage confirmed Carol said it and will change it on the trade.

Tumblr is losing their mind over this, they hate it so much.

It's Captain Marvel speaking. The writer's apologized on twitter, apparently he didn't know Carol knew about Magneto's past....somehow.

Fucking Bendis.

Uncanny x-men when he was the headmaster of the JGS, they had a crossover with alpha flight

>will change it in the trade
Why bother?

My bad, folks. This one's on me.

Because that's a pretty shitty thing to say to a Holocaust survivor, even for Carol

Because casuals will buy the trade before the movies come out and the last thing Marvel wants is for Carol to look more like a cunt than they intend.

Why mention whether or not it is edgy?

Man people are so entitled that they think speaking disrespectfully to someone they don't know on public social media is appropriate and justified. And their views are validated when people like gage don't call out counts like this while still admitting fault.

>tfw Gage is a pussy but at least he doesn't act like Slott on Twitter

What I mean is that everyone has seen it already. People already hate Carol so it's not like changing the dialog will help.

So people are hating Carol now as much as they did Tony Stark in the first Civil War?

Probably about as much. The main title is making her seem even worse than CW1 Tony, but the tie-ins are all desperately trying to salvage her and the event as a whole. So it evens out a bit.

probably more if the writers keep writing stupid shit like in OP's post

Is this the worst Marvel event ever?

Tony at least had a justifiable position, Carol's trusting the fate of the world on the whims of some guy she met five minutes ago.

Probably so people who only read trades don't see it

LOL even the writers of Carol book are getting shit, Carol truly has the worst luck than even the x-men.

Probably. I don't think many people cared about her in the first place. Now that she's the center of an event people who never cared will start hating her.

No. Ultimatum is.

I think it's time for someone else to get the Cap Marvel name.

Carol can go back to being Warbird.

Is this the worst main universe event then ?

Nah. It's kind of bland and lazy, but I wouldn't say it's out-right bad.

Ultimatum is better solely based on the fact that it wasn't the main universe.

probably

Better just mind-wipe her now and restart the Carol push before the movie.

Carol hasn't had a movie yet so most normies DGAF about Fascist Carol.

If it spreads and it trends and there's a bait article on a semi popular site about Carol being awful then maybe, yeah, I can see people freaking out over it.

It's up there. Siege and Age of Ultron were pretty terrible too.

>antisemitism trigger warning
>It's antisemetic to disagree with a holocaust survivor
>"lack of wholehearted support" = "bigotry"
And libs wonder why people are flocking to Trump.

Is this shitty writing? Absolutely. Is it antisemitic?

How could it even be? She made no value judgements about the holocaust or the nazis or jews or anything, she merely pointed out, through quip, that Magneto's argument is, 90% of the time, "But remember Hitler?!?"

The left only complains about antisemitism when it serves them.
Usually jews are Israel aka the devil to them,which Nazis and Muslims thinks too.
Its kind of cute how they all agree on that.

marvel is the worst at social justice shit

its hilarious at this point

>you're that guy online who compares everything to hitler
This kind of shit is the main reason I can't take comics seriously. They try to have commentary and interesting subject matter but they're fucking incapable of writing dialogue that treats it with any substance or seriousness.

"You're that guy online who compares everything to Hitler" is a terrible line in itself, but it's also an AMAZINGLY inappropriate response to the very serious discussion these people are having.

I liked Siege.

It was kind of stupid, but it wasn't pretending to be deep social commentary and no heroes came out of it acting like Literally Hitler.

Age of Ultron is the worst.

Wolverine had more panel time than Pym and Ultron, put together, in an event about Ultron. And who gave a fuck about all the time-travel nonsense?

Most Marvel events are, at worst, kind of boring and predictable. AoU was actually offensively bad.

The mutant supremacist terrorist has a point, Captain Precrime.

Ultimatum killed its universe. This will be irrelevant by the end of the next event.
If the delays don't push it back far enough that it's still coming out by then.

Gage is baby Bendis

Siege was pretty good, senpai

Sometimes I wish that Magneto had moments in which he wasn't so cool and collected. He could just fuck their shit up right now if he wanted to.

Dismissing a Holocaust survivor expressing concern about Hitler-like tendencies by equating him to an internet troll equating everything to Hitler is a bit anti-Semitic, yeah

Siege was fun.

The dialogue is as Bendis as it gets, but it had stakes, the repercussions actually stuck for quite a while, and whilst I wont defend how Bendis ruined Sentry in general, he went out like a champ.

theyre literally genociding (again) their "equality" group because of a feud with Fox over movie rights. they kill black characters with YEARS of development just to replace them with black characters with none and call it progressive. i just dont understand how people dont see through the bs

Even though said Holocaust survivor is a mass murderer who's placed humans in concentration camps at least once?

I think it works for Carol here. She's on edge, pissed off, has spent weeks stopping a different disaster and saving lives every day, has been losing friends because of this, and now a GENOCIDAL TERRORIST WHO HAS NO RIGHT TO TRY TO TAKE THE MORAL HIGH GROUND is trying to stop her and saying she's a fucking Nazi. That's not even taking into account her normal anger issues, the fact that she's probably been thinking about how good a bottle of Jack sounds for the past few days, or the pressure from the government officials who give her her orders. Of course she's going to be insensitive and dismissive of him.

"The kike is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Jew and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.” ~Donald J Trump, 1984

Not at all. He's not being dismissed because of his heritage, but because he's called everyone he disagrees with Hitler for the past 40 years.

Being a Holocaust survivor doesn't give him some kind of objective view, if anything it's the opposite.

I don't see how that somehow erases him being a Holocaust survivor

I don't think he ever called Chahuhlz Hitler

And he was right, hell the military built giant purple robot to kill/arrest mutants that werent even bad.

That dilemma has been part of his character for decades. How is a writer not aware of that?

Mags is literally the reason why mutants are feared and hated, he's pretty much Holter the mutant.

Who is the guy on the pic?

>to fight Hitlers, I must become Hitler

Wrong, hatred againts mutants was a thing even before magneto and the brotherhood

never seen Metalocalypse?

They sure as fuck didn't help, screaming about how they will end all human life for the betterment of mutant kind. And this guy on multiple occasions brutally slaughtered people just because they weren't mutant. He may think he's better than the nazis, but he's not, the just the flip side of the same coin. And the X-Men allow him to join their ranks and pretend that he's anything more then a warmongering genocidal maniac.

that's the whole point, the bullied become the bully. Just look at the Israel nowdays.

Mutants weren't even public knowledge before he went out ranting about how much better they are than humans.

Mutants are a shitty ham-fisted oppression metaphor and CW2 is a shitty ham-fisted profiling metaphor. They deserve each other. Trying to tackle complex life and death situations in children's books made to sell toys is fucking stupid. Write better books, maybe then you won't need to pander to the bottom feeders of the left.

Twitter jumped on Cullen so quickly that he issued an immediate apology

Magneto basically IS Hitler and he's always saying that shit. I don't get what has everyone triggered.

That is were you are wrong buddy, people found out about Cyclops powers when he used them to save a guy from a falling object, that was before he met professor X, and even then there was a furious mob asking for cyclops head for being a mutant.

Are you sure about that? the people he has killed has been members of a mutant hate group or criminal mutants.

It's the fact that Carol is trivializing Erik's experience as a holocaust survivor. To his face.

Mutant hate groups that were formed because of his actions, because let's not forget, he has threatened and tried to kill all of humanity more than a couple of times.

Exactly, at least Siege was fun

No, the mutant hate group that was created by reverent Stryker, the purifiers, saw mutants as devil spawn, Stryker created the group because his son was a mutant.

I've grown to accept that everyone at marvel is retarded and has no self awareness. You can't even get mad at them, because it's not even malicious, just stupidity. I just hate them for crappy books

>Why don't you just put the whole world in a bottle, Carol?

Bottle? Like whiskey?

It's ok, she will be everyone's favorite female superhero once her movie is out.

For such an antisemite, trump sure was okay with all of his kids marrying and having kids with Jews.

That's because it's forced outrage

I don't think Carol's brain could survive being mind-wiped a third time let alone twice in 3 years.

In the meantime let just laugh at marvel for how awful they are at pushing characters in comics.

He was literally in the holocaust though.

He'd know.

Siege? What about it?

Is it me or is Carol sporting a Vegeta-like hairline

It's pretty insensitive to disregard a Holocaust survivor's experience when they're talking about shit that actually happened to them.

I dunno. I think Carol's got more sympathy than Tony did in CW1 because she's getting the living shit beat out of her. Mostly emotionally, but physically too.

Carol is stupid to a lot of people who know better than her

nah, Age of Ultron and Fear Itself were far worse.

She's also actively saving lives instead of going out of her way to fight people for disagreeing with her.

Another weird thing is Nazis were far from the only ones that had detention camps, it's not like he said the characteristic "concentration".

Interesting thing about concentration camps were that they were created originally by a Spanish general at the end of the 19th century as a more humane way of dealing with the rebellious Cubans. The idea was to concentrate more troublesome populations in colonies to restricted camps where they could be watched more easily. This was so that they didn't have to exterminate the people.

Problem is that he wasn't the one that oversaw their construction and the military staff that did only made the camps and tossed people in them but "forgot" to feed them.

Its what eventually led to the Spanish-American war as American newspapers at the time were constantly publishing stories of the awful conditions in the Spanish camps in Cuba.

What the actual fuck?

>after tons lost their powers they wanted to rejoin society because their time as an outsider is over
>these people, instead of cheering how hundreds of mutants no longer exist, say those people are sleeper cells and start bombing buses filled with children
I know they hate mutants but christ those guys needed to reign it in a bit

That's kind of dumb, but at least he has the honesty to own up to it. If Carol actually hadn't known it'd be a pretty great unintentionally offensive line.
I mean, she did get mindwiped, so...?

Are writers even aware of the mindwipe?

It happened multiple times to her so it might be one of those things you can assume are happened recently.

It's Magneto though. If anyone is closest to being literally Hitler wouldn't it be him?

Red Skull maybe?
He was trained by him and turned out so effectively even Hitler was scared of him.

So when it's been too long since WW2 for Magneto to still be a holocaust survivor how's that gonna work? Will his powers keep him alive somehow or something?

I still think the Superman fighting a cop fake out was horrendous.

Red Skull obviously but of the people actually in that picture isn't Mags the most Hitler-ish?

Hell there's that page that always gets posted where Skull calls Mags out on being a hypocrite because even though he's constantly bringing up his past he has no problem using Hitler's methods himself.

>Implying Marvel gives a shit
It's too good a backstory. They'll just say his mutation makes him age slower, or the experiments on him extended his life.

Magneto has been de-aged or otherwise given variable points for age multiple times. Same reason why Captain America has gone from

>Jewish survivor of WW2 concentration camps
>"Right, I forgot you're that guy online who compares everything to Hitler."
I've never been this mad at Marvel. God damn, this really takes the cake.

Is that Sasquatch? Why's he there, why's he still around?

Well, to be fair, Magneto is a giant hypocrite, and Carol being an insensitive twat is nothing new.

Yup.

For a still unexplained reason, Alpha Flight is the new SWORD, with only Sasquatch, Aurora, and Puck sticking around.

Also for no reason, Captain Carol is in charge.

The Germans had been using concentration camps around the same time. The WW2 ones are the most well known because they were also industrial murder camps.

What's worse is this isn't Bendis. It's some other Marvel retard. How can they hire so many retards, man?

Jews are very paranoid abou MUH ANTISEMITISM and other bullshit because NEVER FORGET THE 6 GORILLION. Also most SJWs just want to bitch since most of them hate Jews because of Israel.

Yeah, but at least Fraction has enough self-awareness to admit he bungled the hell out of Fear Itself. You'll never hear Bendis say he failed an event.

>Marvel has savage bants for once
>social media gets 11/10 butthurt about it

I'd feel much better about the bants if it was funny, or savage, or even INTENTIONAL.

Being a Holocaust survivor doesn't make you the authority on what is and isn't Hitler. Remember when Anne Frank's cousin was trotted to confirm that Trump really is Hitler reincarnated?

So why an editor didn't ask this to be changed? are they this blind?

>Post 90s Marvel
>Editors

There's a long standing theory that Marvel editorial doesn't actually exist.

wait...
this was Cullen Bunn...

what the fuck man? stay on DC and dark horse where you belong

It's not even just full retard plotlines or ridiculous dialogue that either panders hard to the tumblr audience or triggers the tumblr audience they're trying to pander to gets through. The worst I've seen in recent years was a book contradicting itself in the same issue with a glaring continuity error. "Marvel has no editors" just keeps becoming less of a meme and more of a truth.

all she said was that his rhetoric was similar to that of Hitler's and she was horrified, which she has every right to be. stop getting triggered when people offend your deity

No, it was Christos Gage. Pay attention.

Oh my bad. Sorry Bunn! Ya still rule.

didnt gage write the Colonel of Two Earths?

I would say Hate-Monger. I mean he is literally Hitler.

>I mean he is literally Hitler.
And now we all know who's the next marvel villain to be turned into not-Trump

What? She's very much doing the latter, the fuck are you on about?

President Hate-Monger?
Seems unlikely since the elections are almost over.

She goes after people who are a threat according to the plot device. She doesn't bust down the doors of everyone on Tony's side (or anyone neutral) to arrest them for not being with her.

Yet.

Has Magneto ever recruited a powerful mutant who was really dedicated to the cause and then he finds out that said mutant was a Neo-Nazi?

That feels like something that should happen.

Quick question; why are folks getting so worked up over a comic book in the first place?

you knew here? the answer is always autism

Magneto's tried to commit like a dozen genocides against mankind at this point.

And he gets a pass just because he's jewish?

Sincere question, is Captain Marvel genuinely very popular or is it just Marvel pushing her really heavily to make it seem like she is?

Just like real life jews.

Don't forget the US also had concentration camps for Japanese Americans. We didn't use them as labrats like the Germans did though.

Gotcha, carry on.

>raped and impregnated by her son
>raging drunk
>now becoming the next hitler

She's a very weird character.

Can someone explain why Marvel keeps dragging her through so much shit?

Is there a higher up that hates her or something?

>This is the woman Marvel is pushing as their Wonder Woman.

Marvel's line of thought is probably something along the lines of "Fans hated Tony in/after Civil War, but loved him more than ever after the movie, they'll do the same for Carol." Of course, that depends on Brie Larson being as charismatic as RDJ.

How fucking old/pathetic is she that she got raped by her son?

> "ruined" Sentry
Meh Sentry sucked ass anyway.

He was from the future.

The problem is that people are attacking the writer for this, when it could (and should) be seen as a legitimate problem with Carol's character.

What the hell happened to 'death of the author'?

Her son impregnated her with himself.

Wouldn't a coathanger have nipped that problem in the bud then?

>he's called everyone he disagrees with Hitler for the past 40 years
>How to tell somebody doesn't read comics

Where do you think you are?

So how long until Kamala turns against Carol?

>. Is it antisemitic?

In this case, yes, it is crass. He's lived through this shit before, he's wary of the signs. He's not an Internet troll, he's someone who lived through the actual thing and has hang ups about it, and she dismisses everything he says as a teoll.

You can hate the guy as a villain, but he knows about his Hitler stuff. He is an authority on it in so e regard.

I'll never forgive it for killing Ares.

Or that dialogue, holy shit.

>uhh, you did bad shit before, that means you don't have a point and I don't have to listen to shit you say and you're awful

I always think that's the shittiest point someone can make. Someone can have a flaw or two, be a dick at times, but they still know what they hell they're talking about. A holocaust survivor can tell you you're going down a Hitler road without you dismissing him because he's done bad shit before. No it doesn't invalidate his point.

Hell, I think an alcoholic knows the dangers of alcohol more than most people. Even if you scream that he's a hypocrite and won't listen to him, when he says this stuff rots your soul. Frankly he knows that it's true because he's lived it, even though he doesn't know how to turn back any more.

Soon as some decided this was a fallacy, suddenly you have to be perfect if you want to argue any point, otherwise people just bring up shit you've done before as though it addresses the point itself.

>Mags is literally the reason why mutants
>hasn't read comics

If he wasn't there, people would still hate mutants the same.

She already did

>try to make Carol more relevant
>turn her into a superbitch

lol

I'm glad to see Cred Forums cares about the jews and accepts the Holocaust happened. I thought Cred Forums has entirely invaded this board years ago

>A holocaust survivor can tell you you're going down a Hitler road without you dismissing him

Except that Magneto repeatedly made journeys down Hitler road whenever it suited his mood.

Fuck Magneto. He's a Holocaust survivor who decided "Hitler was kinda right".

All the more reason why he knows what he's talking about, and can spot the signs.

She suddenly became pregnant and it lasted two days before he was born, grew to adulthood, and used mind control to make her fall in love with him and go off to his magic rape dimension. There wasn't time to figure out what was going on.

They do exist, they just only do something when they really want to fuck shit up.

That is... exceptionally fucked-up.

It's considered one of the worst stories ever printed by Marvel.

In fact it was so bad that they made a follow up story that was basically just page after page of Carol yelling at all of the Avengers for letting her rapist just take her away while she was clearly being mind controlled.

I'm wondering how many people had to look at that story, go "Yeah, this is a good idea", and approve it. I'm trying to imagine the kind of demented mind that came up with it in the first place. And I wonder if drugs were involved and in what quantities.

Look up some of the interviews from the writers and editors. The thing was written by committee. Seriously, it had several writers apparently working over the phone and three editors that all just did their own different little parts. And the drugs thing is very possible considering no one that was involved seems to remember who actually came up with what.

Yes, in other words "wow I'm not saying he's Hitler but oy vey I'm gettin' the shoah vapors just thinkin' about him". Implying is saying, she was used specifically and gave that specific response for a very specific reason.

...Well shit.

Congrats, Marvel. You apparently have a team of writers that would fit right in the darkest, most disturbing corner of /d/.

yeah production was a clusterfuck, no one intended it to be the worst thing ever

if you don't know who magneto is it's not outright offensive...

Not to mention the Xavier Institute was turned into an actual internment camp for Mutants during Civil war. Also Neverland, the Canadian mutant deathcamp

Clone Saga says hi.

Wait, people were offended by this? Seriously?

until ol' boy says tonys team is about to destroy the world

hey, at least she isnt pym

I gotta admit, CW2 storyline has been so trainwrecky I found it to curves back into being enjoyable again.

Is there other storyline that borderlines this trainwrecky? I know everyone hates AvX or Ultimates, but those two are just sad and nonsensically boring, rather than lulzy like CW2

To be fair, Magneto is the type of guy that equates anything even remotely perceived as anti-mutant as the first step to going full Nazi. And for most of his existence he has promoted a preemptive race war.

that, and shes following the lead of another character. starks fuckups were all his own

Don't forget that Carol did exactly this after AvX as well.

When Magneto wasn't one of the Phoenix Five. And sided with the Avengers to stop Scott and the others when they went full Phoenix.

She's a shit.

>I gotta admit, CW2 storyline has been so trainwrecky I found it to curves back into being enjoyable again.
you're one of the few
everyone else just thinks it's a trainwreck

>To be fair, Magneto is the type of guy that equates anything even remotely perceived as anti-mutant as the first step to going full Nazi.
to be fair there's been very few anti-mutant villains who were not nazi-ish (or even worse)
there were several genetically engineered plagues to wipe them all out
several types of robot and breeds of other creature to kill them all
countless groups of just jackasses with guns and swords to kill all mutants
they've even been put in camps (during the last civil war, no less) after an Avenger wished them all gone (and never faced justice for it)

if there was any sense of continuity everyone wouldn't be laughing at magneto for pulling the genocide card

Oh shut the fuck up you tumblr faggot.

>if there was any sense of continuity everyone wouldn't be laughing at magneto for pulling the genocide card

But Magneto is ALWAYS pulling the genocide card.

>Neverland, the Canadian mutant deathcamp

I completely forgot about that.

Goddamn, Marvel Canada is a horrible fucking place.

The problem is that Mags has been pulling the genocide card since before those things happened. Most of the organized anti-mutant villains have been neutered or killed by this point as well. Meanwhile Mags has attempted genocide several times and, while it's never brought up directly, implicitly ethnically cleansed Genosha once he came to power.

Well how many attempted genocides do you have to live through before you're allowed to start seeing potential genocide everywhere.

Because I think Magneto's lived through like three now.

I like how he just ignores her stupid comment. He's like, "okay well you're retarded" and just changes focus

yeah and how about the whole IT'S FUCKING MAGNETO!!!

He's tried to wipe out humanity on more than one occasion.

Avenger wished them all gone (and never faced justice for it)

it worked out that they lost their powers. what justice should she face?

Asking how she knows that Magneto won't shut up about Hitler is a more legitimate question than whether or not she knows of his past.

Given that Magneto really can't shut up about Hitler the only loophole is figuring out when she rn into him post mindwipe in the first place.

Timeline from the last mindwipe I know of is:
Mindwipe
Stays in statue of liberty and gets her entire education about her life from a 5 year old
Gets shot into space by Bendis to join the GOTG
Stays in space for a while afterwards while sparingly showing up on Earth.
Impregnates Jessica and returns to Earth to help with more of Hickman's retarded plotlines.
Secret wars
8 months of ???
She legitimately could simply not know as Magneto speeches seem like they would drone on and on and she would stop listening pretty quickly.

No. The majority of mutant hate and fear is specifically due to Magneto causing people to associate mutants with worldwide atomic destruction via terrorism and Marvel has actually shown at least one alternate reality where Legion didn't fuck up preemptively assassinating Magneto to prove it.

Gage is actually on the ball most of the time even if he isn't a continuity lord like Ewing. I think he legitimately wanted Carol to look like a twat with her response but accidentally went too far with it.

Mutants were not widespread public knowledge. They were about as well known and legitimate a fact as crocodiles in sewers. THere might have been a small minority knowing they were real but for the most part noone knew they were actually real until one showed up on international television stealing nukes to destroy mankind with on behalf of mutants at a time when everyone was living on a constant state of terror about nuclear holocausts.

I have a theory about this.

I think this whole thing is just an excuse for Carol to relapse. Like she's planning to make everyone hate her so much that no one cares when she finally-- FINALLY can get a sip of that (metaphorically) sweet, sweet, alcohol. Like really go on a bender.

Think about it. Anytime an alcoholic Superhero tries to get a drink, some random hero or civilian, or cast member, comes up and stops them. And no one knows this better than Tony Stark.

He knows exactly what Carol is doing, and he wants in. He's at a disadvantage though, since he's not in the indefensible position. So that's why he's trying to be as obnoxious as he can be about it, including making really contrived arguments about this being racial profiling. Why do you think he tried making the pitch as strongly as he could to Miles? Who he knows is (half) Black? Unfortunately, Miles is also young and Tony gives off Cool/Creepy uncle vibes, and ingratiating himself to the kid for a while now, so no immediate accusations of Bullshit.

But Carol knows Tony knows, so she's been one-upping him and going as jackbooted as she possibly can.

This needs to end in one or both of them drinking.

Also, last issue of the book was fucking dumb. Like, I'm politically progressive left, and I still think it was incredibly ham-fisted that they had Miles arrested for something that he obviously was never going to do. That's so dumb. This book is dumb.

Gage is usually pretty good at continuity-fu. I don't know why he screwed so much, this time

Hey. Age of Ultron was good for like the first few issues, before all the time travel crap.

And Siege finally, mercifully, took the Sentry out of comics for a good while.

Civil War II is just bad from the getgo. Even Bendis doesn't seem like he's into it.

>offended
There's that word again.

Time to bust out the "Magneto Was Right" shirts again.

>Implying he wasn't

Dude, no. The Marvel Universe has shown time and time again that Marvel citizens, if given the choice, independent of Magneto and his actions, would lynch Mutants. The same people who dick ride the Avengers and Fantastic Four absolutely have always despised the X-Men and all X-Related factions for being Mutants. THey also usually hate Spider-Man, but that's not really true anymore.

Though now people in the comics found out Miles is Black, so they're acting like he's ruined the sacred institution of Spider-Man, someone they hated his entire heroing career.

Because Marvel Civilians are brain damaged.

For the last time, that wasn't Magneto. That was Xorn's brother, pretending to be Magneto, pretending to be Xorn.

I don't get how that can be so hard for you people to understand.

Yeah, it was sorta like that one TNG episode.

How many attempted genocides do you have to start before you aren't allowed to make that claim?

>Anti-Semitism

>For the last time, that wasn't Magneto. That was Xorn's brother, pretending to be Magneto, pretending to be Xorn.
No, that was just the time he made massive ovens in New York and marched sapiens to their deaths.

She just bust down the doors of people who were totally unrelated and extrajudicially throws them into prison for an undetermined amount of time. They did it to one of Kamala's friends, some random banker, murdered one of the wrecking crew's son (Or arrested him, not sure which), murdered Banner, and are now arresting Miles.

All based on the belief that Ulysses are in fact 100% going to happen, despite the fact that Tony points out that none of them actually happened, because they knew about them, which makes them questionable, and further questionable that several people who were revealed by the visions of having done something, actually had no plans or means to do what they're accused of in the first place.

It's a crappy name but immensely describes her as a cape person. She is not and nowhere near a poster child. Carol is fucked up. Hell, her whole life's been fucked.

> fluent in 3 languages
Really now

Wasn't he "reborn" I can't remember if it was during Claremont Era. I think it was summarized in The Trial of Magneto iirc.

>And he gets a pass just because he's jewish?
Just like in real life.

Mind controlled. Carol was not aware of what he was doing to her. And right after she escaped his realm, Rogue attack her and the 1st mind wipe happened - no memory, no powers. Then the brood tortured and experimented on her...

How is that even an achievement? Literally everyone I know is fluent at least in two languages, usually more.

You're forgetting that she's American. It's a miracle that she's fluent in ONE language.

So Stalin comes up to you and says:

>Yo mang, what you're doing is wrong; you shouldn't exploit your workers

Is he, and everything he says, inherently wrong due to who he is and his past?

I would run for my ever fucking life if Joseph Stalin came up to me.

And you have given the only correct answer.

Slaughtering people who arent like you sounds like holocust survivors to me

I thought Magneto was never about having a "kill all humans!" stance? He was always going on about how humans will never stop fearing mutants, and therefore they would never stop trying to kill them. Hence why he always went about trying to separate mutants from humans; while Charles always believed co-existence was impossible.

The main problem was that Magneto thought Mutants were inherently superior to humans (to be fair, he has a pretty good point there) and that they should be subservient to them. He also isn't against killing any humans who threaten mutant kind, but I don't recall many full on genocide crusades from him.

There is obviously the ironic parallels between him and Hitler (the idea of creating a land solely for mutants is somewhat like the Lebensraum). But a key part of his character is still firmly against things that remind him of the Nazi regime.

Stalin wouldn't do that, he would just kill you and exploit your workers himself because he thinks he would do a better job at it.

Good. He trivializes that experience every time he uses it to justify his own genocidal ambitions. More people should call him out on it.

>while Charles always believed co-existence was possible.
Fuck that really messed up what was trying to say there.

If felt less like she was trivializing it, and more like she (more likely the writer) forgot about his backstory and made a really poor attempt at a joke.

are you...
are you genociding me right now?

Well, Magneto only tried to purposely kill billions (= flatscan genocide) once, in Fatal Attractions. Other times he killed many people at once, but not even remotely on genocided levels or intentions.
The word "genocide" doesn't really work because you can only apply it to human populations that share some trait. Killing "humans", even if it's in large numbers, might count as mass slaughter, but not really genocide 2bh

Yup, just like real life. Jews are engaging in genocide of Palestinians right now.