Vigilantes in real life

Why the hell nobody ever trained themselves, put a mask and protection gear like pic related and go out fighting crime?

Daredevil make it look like it's easy. And hell, it really must be, if there aren't any guns involved.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UJjsexu7c2g
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meet-batman-tunbridge-wells-mystery-6198089
nydailynews.com/news/national/vigilante-ninja-arrested-pennsylvania-article-1.1429621
telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9742744/Is-it-a-bird-Is-it-a-plane-No-its-the-Newport-vigilante-ninja.html
youtu.be/3bRp2-ihx10
youtube.com/watch?v=ZME8l47P8y4
youtube.com/watch?v=C-Ykalzx5h0
youtube.com/watch?v=X8_zWBQXZj4
dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1305492/Real-life-Russian-BATMAN-spotted-emerging-building.html
youtu.be/DtAS7LReYg8
youtu.be/Zp7JZ-ajJL8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims
express.co.uk/news/uk/655343/Victim-claims-she-was-saved-by-none-other-than-the-Bromley-Batman
youtube.com/watch?v=h98PzD0o02M
youtube.com/watch?v=lmD3rXUR1Tw
listverse.com/2013/03/24/10-outrageous-real-life-superheroes/
youtube.com/watch?v=L5iKjVZbEUI
boards.Cred
warosu.org/diy/
youtube.com/watch?v=0BIIdMU8G2c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_McCaslin
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sombra_Negra
youtu.be/PZbG9i1oGPA
youtu.be/hPj-SPD_NIg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Pepes
edition.cnn.com/2016/07/12/us/dallas-police-robot-c4-explosives/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6VrmOQY1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>if there aren't any guns involved.

I live in the US

youtube.com/watch?v=UJjsexu7c2g

> Daredevil makes it look easy as hell
>superpowers
>ninja training
>still gets his shit pushed once a week by someone leaving him on the verge of death
>easy

That's why this hypothetical vigilante needs to go all Punisher on 'em.

>And hell, it really must be, if there aren't any guns involved.

A child with a gun can kill the greatest ninja master wearing body armor, with a lucky shot.

The Punisher doesn't even plausibly work because he never accidentally kills the wrong person or a bystander.

Real bad guys often use guns. And even if you're a jiu jitsu master that will kill you pretty easily. So the only real successful vigilantes would be armed Punisher types, like George Zimmerman.

What's up with these guys with impractical clothes?

Then you get caught and you're fucked in prison

Decided to be a cop instead. If I can't be a superhero, I can at least try to help people.

also, he always knows for sure someone committed a crime after like, three hours of investigation.
also, he never has to face juvenile delinquents.

Well, you really picked the wrong profession then.

Some people did. Wheel Clamp Man, Phoenix Jones etc. Google real life superheroes. They're mostly larpers but have prevented some minor misdemeanors and inconveniences.

Why are they mostly jokes, you ask? Why is there no RL Daredevil or at least Casey Jones?
>no superpowers
>vigilantism is illegal in most parts of the world
>vigilantism doesn't put food on your table
>relatively few people in the world are capable of reliably taking down criminals on their own. Besides, get in hot water with gangs/organized crime and your life is ruined. Too much risk involved in battling anything that isn't minors buying alcohol or drunks fighting

In real world people who try to police their neigbourhood get head up their asses eventually and become the organized crime. Or police. Whichever comes first.

It's a lot of dedication and risk for an unpaid hobby. Staying in shape, fighting, avoiding police (assuming you're talking about serious vigilantism) learning how to treat your own injuries.

Then there's the fact that even the lowest street level crime is spread out through a good part of the city. So getting around in time to be effective is really nearly impossible.

So you have a job, get off work, immediately start some exercise program to stay fit, spend most of your money on anything from prepping medical supplies to repairing armor. For what, the unlikely event that you're going to be in the right place at the right time to fight maybe one or a small group of criminals like once every few weeks and then have to run from the cops beaten and hurt because you're a vigilante and are in the eyes of the law a criminal yourself?

Boy you sure got me there user.

>mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meet-batman-tunbridge-wells-mystery-6198089
"Hitting the streets wearing a black cape, tights and a mask, the mystery man has been filmed patrolling the streets of the Kent town in the last few weeks.

Eyewitnesses say they've seen him telling off motorists for speaking on their mobile phones while driving."

>In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they'll hate you.

Simple. No one of the resources, combat skills, and life circumstances to do this would ever be autistic enough to try it. Untill superpowers become a thing, the best we'll ever get are idiots like Phoenix Jones.

because people are inherently lazy and selfish
it's the same reason why the people who are angry at the world kill people who have nothing to do with the state of the world

plus finding criminals to beat up is easier said than done

Whatever happened to Damage? Anybody remember Damage? He was literally our guy.

The least realistic thing about superhero comics isn't the powers

Or the costumes

It's the frequency of which shit happens for them to deal with

Police aren't even in the top 10 most dangerous jobs out there, and they are literally equipped and paid with tax dollars to stop and/or capture criminals. Being "in the right place at the right time" to do something heroic is about as likely as winning the lottery

Had a thread like this a while ago. Going to repost some links and my take on it.

Some have tried already. Ended predictably:
nydailynews.com/news/national/vigilante-ninja-arrested-pennsylvania-article-1.1429621

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9742744/Is-it-a-bird-Is-it-a-plane-No-its-the-Newport-vigilante-ninja.html

Brazilian off duty cops are fun.
They are the closest to get to street level Punisher, but without the deeper investigations of drug cartels to kill off the entire top floor

This. The worse gangs liek Blood and crips, etc started off as basically neighborhood watches

>Then there's the fact that even the lowest street level crime is spread out through a good part of the city. So getting around in time to be effective is really nearly impossible.

It depends on what type of Vigilante you try to be. Remember, Batman doesn't just run around the rooftops of Gotham looking for random violent crime. This hypothetical real world vigilante could also be a Detective who tracks Serial killers, finds missing people, and find evidence to convict people involved in organized crime.

Cops are smarter irl, same with criminals. You wouldn't last a month before you were either killed or arrested, and then killed in prison. Punisher is probably the most plausible.

>They are the closest to get to street level Punisher, but without the deeper investigations of drug cartels to kill off the entire top floor
Aren't they also super duper corrupt?

>Like George Zimmerman
A true hero

No, thats Mexico.
Or most police forces during internal investigation

Brazil is more like
Faveala is too big, and too much gangs

You're forgetting that gadgets and equipment like Smoke bombs, Flash bang grenades, and Rubber bullets exist, assuming this is a non-lethal vigilante we're talking about here.

because banks are your worst enemys but nobody wants to live without a credit card?

>he doesnt know about the Jnec Grim Reaper

>doing the job of the police
>FOR FREE

then why not just be a cop/PI and get payed to do those things? im pretty sure as a PI you coul even wear a neat little costume

True but then you'd have to add learning the skills,equipment, and meeting the contacts required to become a competent detective. And sneaking around crime scenes before cops get there to process evidence. Then are you hindering their investigation by corrupting the crime scene or removing evidence? And that's more money coming out of your paycheck. And even if you're rich with a shit load of free time you're still giving the police a better chance and more incentive to catch you for tampering with evidence.

Pretty much this. While it's true that people can do things because "it's the right thing to do", the majority of the time people are driven by profit. It would cost you how much money in training, equipment, and potentially medical bills, and your only gain is "making your city safer". That doesn't pay for broken ribs. You can't buy food with "it's safer now". And if your identity ever gets exposed, that's lawsuits waiting to happen, which leaves you even deeper in the poor house.

You wouldn't know if they existed because they're trying to hide it. It's illegal in many areas.

you will end up in jail, at least here in Spain
for example, if you hurt/kill a robber inside your own house, you will be the one going to jail

Most Private investigators don't investigate crimes of that severity, it's mostly just cheating spouses.

Secondly, being apart of a law enforcement agency limits what you can do. Law-enforcement agents have jurisdictions and standard procedures to follow. As a police officer, you're not necessarily "fighting crime" in an ideal sense. You might be forced to arrest someone for something really stupid and petty but you're required to uphold the law no matter what. Not to mention criminals have gotten off free due to lack of evidence, and sometimes obtaining that evidence might be too difficult for an investigator to obtain without it being illegal.

The point of a vigilante is to not be restricted by the jurisdictions and laws to do something on your own terms.

>He doesn't know about Pheonix Jones

>He doesn't know about the Xtreme Justice League.

And point of banning vigilante is not having to live in world where some guy beats you up because you are criminal, honestly, I'm certain of it even if I have no verifiable proof.

So what would be the best way to know where a crime is happening?

Use the CtOS crime prediction system

Vigilantism is pretty common here in Brazil, mostly by off duty cops. Some of those cops formed militias too. Google ''justiceiros''.

>Pic related, brazilian Ghost Rider.

Without going into too much detail, you don't have to tamper with a crime scene to gain an edge over the police.

You could do reconnaissance work on suspected members of human trafficking rings or any type of organized criminal organization.

A lot of this information can be found over the internet.

>American police get together like this
>Kill innocents over criminals

Good job.

Hey, that's the game that ripped off the show I enjoyed.

Having a guy like Microchip would help a lot then.

But the OP is referring to a Comic Book Street Level Vigilante like Batman or Daredevil. Not a reckless vigilante that's going to ruthlessly beat up anyone with no regards for anyone's life.

that mask is fucking awesome

Or Felicity.

I don't understand your post.

You are too delusional to think being a real life vigilante, on par with Daredevil or Batman, is remotely possible

The post I was replying to was insinuating that Vigilantism shouldn't be legal because then anybody could beat up anybody without any consequences which isn't the point of OP's question.

In terms of what exactly? I'm aware they're super-human by real world standards. I'm saying that operating the way they do is plausible to a degree.

> that one time Phoenix Jones beat the shit out of some drunk asshole after a cop showed up and allowed them to go at it under Washington's mutual combat law

youtu.be/3bRp2-ihx10

A non super powered hero is just a person who works for an emergency service. Want to save people? EMT or firefighter. Want to stop criminals? Police.

You're not the first person to think "hey, it'd be great to help people", you're just one of the few stupid enough to think that the way to help is by studying martial arts then putting on a costume.

The Ku Klux Klan did.

I genuinely think there are people irl who could hypothetically do some things like in the comics. There are gold medal Olympians who could be Hawkeye or Deadshot-esque. Or do crazy feats of agility like gymnasts. Or professional UFC fighters. I mean yeah Phoenix Jones was an amateur mma guy but someone who's actually really good at it would arguably have more success. And there are lots of scientists that could design and build some pretty useful tools or weapons. The only thing is like all of those people have no interest in fighting crime so they don't and we're left with (let's be real) society's rejects and people who graduated from high school and are making minimum wage and and usually are not the most athletic or trained folks. You're getting the middle to bottom of the barrel of possibilities so of course they're not very successful.

And of you want to get paid well?
Nurse or doctor or lawyer. Most EMTs and firefighters don't make very much money.

And of you want to get paid well?
Nurse or doctor or lawyer. Most EMTs and firefighters don't make very much money.

Fairly certains he killed a couple teenager in some 90 story with Spiderman. They were dealing hard drugs or something

The Punisher is the only one in the MCU without any kind of power.

He's basically just a mass murderer.

He also killed a kid whose family he killed and was coming after him with a gun. Also a child soldier I think. Though he seemed affected each time rather than his typical coldness.

I know he's at least a little crazy but I find the fact that Phoenix Jones exists and hearing about stuff he's done oddly entertaining

He kinda fucks up all the time tho

Test

>That night, July 15, Trevino saw Kapcsos "running like a ninja, not like a normal person jogging.
How much do you want to bet he was doing the Naruto run?

>I genuinely think there are people irl who could hypothetically do some things like in the comics.
Even the best hand-to-hand combatant on earth with all the material, financial and training support he could hope wouldn't last a month fighting 2+ unarmed guys at a time, let alone men with guns. Iterative probability would tear him a new asshole.

>There are gold medal Olympians who could be Hawkeye or Deadshot-esque
They wouldn't come close on their best day.

>And there are lots of scientists that could design and build some pretty useful tools or weapons.
Research scientist aren't engineers who aren't machinists. On top of being a world class athlete and having a day job that's far too much cross discipline proficiency for anyone to have, and the world's best individual scientists probably aren't going to come up with anything useful someone else hasn't come up with anyway.

>Put on some gimpy leather to go and patrol the streets
>Walk up to muscle bound retard who is harassing someone, you punch back to defend person, they pull out a gun
>Reminder you have no real training, have never really been held at a gunpoint before
>You go still as a deer, legs don't work, can't shout because you're terrified
>BANG right in the head

That's why. Not to mention they'll think you were doing some weird prostitution sex related thing because of the gimpy looking costume on the news when they read the reports.

I agree with you, but the police aren't there to make someplace safe or to protect people, the police protect order. There's a huge difference.

The real answer to the question is that no one really cares enough and when they do they just form slightly outside the law neighbor hood watches. That shit used to be a lot more common when I was a kid (early 80's). Neighborhood watch hospitalized some vandals, tormented the entire family of a drug dealer until they left town, had armed patrols, and, according to rumor, killed a homeless rapist.

That shit dissolved in the 90's when the town could no longer afford to hire it's own police and the county boys weren't likely to look the other way like our town boys did.

The point is you don't need to dress up silly and train like batman, you just need people.

When I was 15-16 I tried researching ways to become oliver queen. Unfortunately I barely learned parkour. I tried researching real life powers bug the closest I got was people already born with weak powers. The best one was a Russian guy with electric powers...but he was born without hair or sweat glands.
I gave up on bring a hero.

The Penisher

what kind of 15 year old wants to be the fucking green arrow?

I remember researching cases of people omitting electric static from their fingertips and in some instances they would accidentally incapacitate people they touched, so there's a possibility of a real life Venom strike likes Miles Morales.

Also, there's this one guy with Super human strength due to his muscle fibers being arranged differently, so there's a possibility for human augmentation here.

And with the the advancement of Exoskeletons, like the ones being developed by DARPA, Humans might be able to have Super human strength and Durability. So the possibilities are out there but possibly far away.

>the world's best individual scientists probably aren't going to come up with anything useful someone else hasn't come up with anyway

You mean an inventor, or in this era, software programmer. Individual people, who aren't even scientists, invent things and file patents all the time.

> Unfortunately I barely learned parkour

And in addition to that, you'd have to be an Olympic level Archer with world class Martial Art skills. Seems like you gave up way to early, without motivation to do it, it means nothing.

Not him but Green Arrow's badass. One of the superheroes it's actually possible to be in real life.

yea didnt he pepper spray a pregnant chick?

Poverty being the root cause of most crime you are better addressing it than just beating up the desperate and misguided.

Did somebody call? For the Phoenix........

>Individual people, who aren't even scientists, invent things and file patents all the time.
Almost none of which is useful for superhero style crime fighting.

Then get the training you duffus

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but a vigilante Sniper might work in a large city. Find a building tall enough that's vacant or under construction and in an area with a high crime rate. Maybe scout out criminal hang outs. That might be the most realistic and effective way. At least for a few months.

>actually possible to be in real life
>boxing glove arrows
hell, even real net launchers are worthless 3/4s of the time

seeing this in an IRL vigilante thread made my fucking day lol

So basically Deadshot if all his contracts were criminals.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZME8l47P8y4

besides, you don't need them to be Green Arrow, Incapacitation arrows, explosive arrows, gas arrows, and flash bang arrows are all you need and don't seem that impractical.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Beltway sniper.
But sure, he works.

bald dumb doofus unironically just calls himself "Super Hero" like you already are an attention whore, but you are just drawing more attention to the fact that you're either too dumb or unimaginative to comeup with something better.

Neighborhood watches aren't illegal.

theres the brooklyn batman.

>be special operator
>wear fancy luchador mask
That's about as close as you can get because you're in real life.

There was a similar thread yesterday, about "why no superheroes?"

The answer is that you lose fights if you are outnumbered.

We like stories about special people, people who individually make a huge difference. But in real life, one person cannot beat up 20 mooks. Even Bruce fucking Lee could probably only take two guys at a time, assuming they had no guns.

This doesn't mean an individual can't make a difference, it just means that they have to do so by leading or directing a group. If you see a gang picking on an old lady, you can't beat them all up yourself. You can, however, call the cops. You can organize a neighborhood watch. You can run for public office and try to change policing and social policies to fight that sort of thing. You can join the police, and fight crime with backup, coordination, and equipment. You can tinker in your garage and invent a cheap security camera, then sell it to everyone. Groups are more powerful than individuals; individuals are powerful when they join, lead, or empower groups.

youtube.com/watch?v=C-Ykalzx5h0

youtube.com/watch?v=X8_zWBQXZj4

I think you're overestimating the efficiency of a group of people. If there are multiple attackers, there won't be a lot of space for all of them to attack you at once, they might end up punching each other by accident. If you can sufficiently subdue 3 people as quick as possible then it's still plausible

Those clips get youtube views because they're flukes. That CAN happen, but if you go out trying to make that happen you'll usually fail. And you'll notice that the group in those fights were, respectively, elementary school kids and random civilian bystanders. Against anyone with even a little fighting experience, like a street gang, your odds get worse.

And even if you pull it off, you're much less effective than if there were two of you. Or ten of you. Or hundreds of you, with radios and weapons and legal backing and badges and the ability to lock people up for years rather than just punch them. You're just plain less effective solo than as a member of a group.

Usually they get beaten to death in hours. Plus the cops don't discriminate between vigilantes and the people they're targeting when they break up a fight - everybody gets pepper spray and cuffs, because at the end of the day, some prick with a baton is just making things harder for real law enforcement.

The thing is, either you're going after petty criminals who really - really - don't matter and aren't going to go away just because one lunatic knifes a couple of them in an alley (this being likely to be just another example of what a shitty, lawless neighborhood it is, it'll probably encourage the rest rather than deter them), or you're going after organized crime.

Organized crime is organized. You're not talking about people who just sat around at the bar talking shit and then said "ayup, let's go run this town", you're talking about what are essentially very large, very rich, very connected businesses. They may be international; even a fresh-start gang is going to have sufficient manpower and contacts to be able to figure out who you are. They'll come for you at home. They may just send a hitman; someone like Richard Kuklinski, for example, who would just make it look like you died, or disappear you. Nobody's going to make a big fuss, or rage so hard about you that the vein in their forehead pops out all dramatically, or ever yell "you knuckleheads can't do anything right! I'll kill him myself!". These are what we would term "your fantasies", and they're kind of dull. You mostly just internalized a bunch of tv and movies without ever checking the logic or how informed on real-world organized crime they are.

Well you're fine. Most of the privately-owned guns are held by a few thousand individuals whose obsessive collection makes comic book guys look normal. The rest are poorly maintained pieces of shit that probably don't even get loaded, let alone fired.

Oh I guess if we're talking about gang-owned then yeah, you're fucked. See above.

I always wondered what the fuck he wore on his hands in S1

Did you watch S1? He found some rope right before the hallway fight and wrapped it around his wrists and knuckles for padding.

Hawkeye, Widow, Elektra, Fury, Falcon, everyone in AoS.

dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1305492/Real-life-Russian-BATMAN-spotted-emerging-building.html

my guy the jnec reaper!

People do that all the time. It's just that vigilantes are pretty innefective, usually get caught and are NEVER as impressive as in comics.

Plus vigilantism is a pretty stupid concept when applied to real life.

I cant believe I almost took the bait

>ywn be a super villain robbing a store with your two dumb muscle henchmen and get your ass kicked by a woman in tight black spandex with bt ears and a cape.

Vigillantism is a crime user

It's not a crime if you don't get caught.

I'm a real life superhero. I've posted on here a couple times in the past

My name is the Red Crowbar. I go on night patrols and help people

I started seeing used heroin needles on the side of the road along my street and on the street adjacent to mine where a public park was recently built. I bought a reflective vest, a headlamp, and a UV-5R radio and started walking my dogs at night.

Now we chase shady figures out of the park on a regular basis. We tend to turn up and embarrass folks when a domestic dispute occurs within the few blocks we walk every night. We've even pointed our township police after suspicious vehicles they were looking for.

You'd be surprised by what just your presence can deter after dark.

Probably fake, but you never know.

you beat criminals with a crowbar?

do you shoot traffic offenders for a living?

Unless someone goes the Punisher route with a team of similarly skilled killers, they're fucked. Nonlethal doesn't fly in a world where bullets and blades are so common. Going alone against multiple foes is even crazier.

Even then, assuming he actually experienced the amount of ultraviolence Daredevil's supposed to get on the regular, guy'd be dead in a week.

Real life ain't a comic book. Maybe once humanoid drone tech's perfected things'll get interesting.

Why is that guy posing next to the dead body is this brazil being brazil

>humanoid drones
Their potential for good AND evil is incalculable...

Read the first issue and/or watch the first... 20 or so minutes of Kick-Ass and you'll realize why nobody sane would do it for real.

Even if there is no God or Buddha... there is Kamen Rider.

Heroes are everywhere user...

>Phoenix Jones
>Spider-Slav
>Kasey Jones
>Can't get this fucking helmet off
>Hipster-Libre
>Matt looking for Woolie
>Sub Zero
>Costume City Ninja #2

>humanoid drones
why not just normal flying drones with a gun or something?
maybe that displays a hologram of you laughing at them as your army of flying kill-bots destroy the evil doers?

Drones are going to keep getting crazier and scarier regardless, but imagine getting the most skilled soldiers on earth and giving them remote control of invincible bodies.

Even without augmented reaction time or something, you've pretty much got superheroes right there.

Holy shit.

>Cops
>Heroes
user just tell the truth and admit you became one so you could murder people, because that's the only reason people become cops

None of those are vigilantes. They're a support team for powered people.

>t.nigger

>Comparing pigs to all-american superheroes
I'm literally feeling ill now.

Let's say someone somehow actually got super powers? Would becoming a super hero be a good idea then, or would it be better to keep to yourself?

I feel like even if I got powers and wanted to be a super hero, crime isn't like fiction where you can just stroll down the street and stop someone from doing something.

Use your super senses, I guess. Morrison the shit out of your powers until you learn to manipulate them in all the ways you need.

>user sits back in his desk chair and continues doing fuck all for his community

OP open a history book sometime. Vigilantes used to be fairly common in regions where the actual police would be limited. The 19th century was teeming with them. Pic related is someone from a gang of vigilantes known as the Bald Knobbers (named after the Bald Knob summit) who would wear stylized masks to hide their identity. They were from the Ozarks in Missouri. I

n fact quite a few vigilantes would wear masks back then and its where comic book writers even got the idea from.

Eventually vigilantism became both much more illegal and unnecessary as proper police protection became more wide spread. There is of course the other problem of vigilantes not knowing if the person they are tracking is actually guilty of a crime and wrongfully dealing with them.

How often do you walk down a street and witness crimes being committed? Prostitution and pot dealing don't count.

Neat.

Based Buford was basically Judge Dredd.
youtu.be/DtAS7LReYg8

Not too long ago someone made a thread telling a story about how he became the Daredevil of his campus. Made it sound fairly plausible, but was more than likely bullshit.

Got derailed by someone spewing levels of fedora tipping that shouldn't even be possible

You think that's not happening in Brazil?

Bernie Goetz did literally everything right.

>implying
Kek, you've never been to Juarez, then. It's been relatively cleaned up as of recent, but the majority of LE there take orders from the cartel. They'll pull you over for whatever and will be easily bribed out of it. Most times, they're basically cartel hitmen.
This.

he didn't kill that kid, be he did kill an 11 year old child soldier who was collecting ears

Phoenix Jones has a good anecdote that's relevant to this thread where he confronted someone trying to break into a car and the guy pulls a revolver so he ducks behind cover and the dude fires six shots at him, Pheonix then charges at him and gets shot twice in the stomach "and that was the day I learned a revolver can hold eight bullets"

I saw a two day seminar on the cartel situation, it also partially focused on Mama Rosa a famous cartel runner/Charles Xavier expy, and this kind of shit apparently is common as shit in Mexico by ordinary citizens.
But once militias form and kill the drug cartel, they often end up becoming a drug cartel themselves, because the money is too enticing.

Remember when real life Batman caught a pedophile, and proceeded to point at him?

youtu.be/Zp7JZ-ajJL8

irl if you actually had some supernatural ability you'd be getting black bagged by the CIA as soon as you used it in public

You get vigilantes in shithole countries where the police are too corrupt to do their job, but there is guns involved.

Because it's not easy.

Yeah a lot of fucking gangbangers are retarded. The majority. But there's also a fucking shitload of guys who'll kill you because they're good at it.

And in the real world once you go past one guy you'll always lose if you're alone.

See thats basically assassination and thats also the only way you'll ever succeed because if you try that shit on more than one person and without using lethal force you are fucked. If you do choose to use lethal force you're basically just a serial killer.

cause lawyers would get involved and sue their ass so fucking fast it would seem like they had super speed

>proceeds to kill all bus drivers
Fucking what? Where is the logic in that?

Who are some real life supervillains?

For a while there I did. I would go jogging in the dead of night in bad parts of town. I've been doing mauy thai for 15 years and you know what? I never once saw a crime being committed where I needed to step in. That's the main problem with this whole vigilante romance, you almost never see the crime happen.

I still go jogging at night and I still have never seen shit go down.

And is that mauy thai gonna protect you from getting a bullet to the back of the head?

Was he Australian?

It's not and that's something that always went through my mind. Unless I got the drop on someone I would just run if I ever came across a weapon. I never came across anyone, let alone someone with a weapon.

But you live in Maui

That's the problem with vigilantism, you just have to hope they were guys she heard had raped women and not just some random person.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims

>Child-murderer, torture-killer, and rapist known as ”La Bestia” (“The Beast"). Confessed to killing 140 children over a five-year period in Colombia. He is suspected of murdering over 300 victims, mostly street children.
>sentenced to 22 years in prison
what le fuck

This.

>Child-murderer and rapist, known as "The Monster of the Andes". Targeted young girls, between the ages of 8 and 12. Arrested in 1980 and convicted in 1983 of killing 110 young girls but confessed to killing 300, exact total unknown. Despite being one of the most prolific serial killers of the 20th century, he was released in 1998. Current whereabouts unknown.[4]

It seems like South America is the place to be for criminal and vigilante types.

why are the worst three serial killers of all time all from Colombia?

AND WHY DO THEY KEEP LETTING THEM GO?

>he gets out in 5 years time

Even then I'm not okay with straight up murder like that

This is in the city of Ciudad Juárez where they have 20 murders a day and the police all work for drug cartels, they don't give a shit about bus drivers raping passengers.

Youd probably have to go after less film friendly crimes. Human trafficking and drug cartels, maybe go after the rich who enable suffering and are above the law for all intents and purposes.

Damn. I see a lot of shit posting about how nothing actually works and how unrealistic it is and what would ACTUALLY happen. How do these niggas know what's gonna happen? What "usually" occurs? How do any of you know? Has anyone in this thread been a successful or even unsuccessful vigilante? If not then gtfo with all your assumptions. It's not about realism, because realistically anyone can be batman with the right circumstances. Just as well, anyone can be batman and die given the right circumstances. This thread is just b8. And shit posters abound with assumptions and misconstrued ideas. Realistically no system will ever work, but it's better to try and fail. Because we only fail when we give up. That's how batman does it. He doesn't give up.

Isn't Phoenix Jones reviled by everyone in the local community for being a dickhead?

Fuck being a real life superhero.

I want to be a real life FRANK

How do you be Batman when there are cameras, databases, and internet detectives everywhere?

Yeah exactly.

And who wants to get the shit kicked out of them nightly, anyway, along with trying to live a normal life, or at least make enough money to live on/pay hospital bills?

It's stupid, thankless, improbable work.

Or they succeed, property values rise, and rich people gentrify and buy everybody out, and they have to move. See Guardian Angels, NYC.

Don't forget the autodefensa forces in Mexico.

Corrupt is a cultural construct. They're LESS corrupt than the actual politicians and drug dealers.

The Bromley Batman you guys

express.co.uk/news/uk/655343/Victim-claims-she-was-saved-by-none-other-than-the-Bromley-Batman

It's just retarded to think it's possible. Somebody would just bring a gun or guns and you'd die. Or your body would give out within 5-10 years. The human body can't take that much punishment on a regular basis.

You set shit up before becoming a vigilante, obviously. You can live off the grid and as long as you have medical bills and armor/weaponry expenses covered, all it takes is knowledge and discipline to become a functional vigilante.
Literally. Get a bulletproof suit, martial art training, be a fucking ninja, and make sure to know YOUR city and where police/camera hotspots normally are so you don't get caught. Only go to those places when necessary.
There's a lot of ways you could successfully do it. I'm not claiming to be capable or to have the knowledge of how to do it, I'm saying everyone who says it's not possible or improbable are full of shit.

>medical bills and armor/weaponry expenses covered
And how do you propose that you do that? What if you get seriously fucked up and put into a coma or something? You'd needs hundreds of thousands (more like millions) saved up.
Getting shot, even with a bulletproof vest, could break a rib or ribs. You'd be damaged beyond fighting after getting shot. What about the constant head injuries?

Seriously, user, it's not possible. Not for any length of time. The cops would be after you for taking the law into your own hands, criminal groups would gang up to find you. Learn something before you spout off silly-ass fantasies.

You learn to disarm people and/or try to not fight people who have guns directly. What do you think it means to be stealthy? Also there are Marines and soldiers who do this kind of bs on a daily basis for a lot longer than 5-10 years. Also, remember that name calling only your verbal defeat. Nothing here is retarded.

"You hit them they get back up I hit them and they stay down"

>Daredevil make it look like it's easy.

Because it's choreographed, you dumbass.

The single biggest thing that most people don't think about. You know how big a fucking city and how quickly a crime happens and the odds of you being near it when it does? ALL of the are pretty fucking low.

The closest you'd get to that is someone like Pheonix Jones where he really does walk about in a super suit at night getting into fist fights on the street.

However his identity was exposed after he was arrested, he's probably stopped very few serious criminals and seems to just be encountering drunk dumbasses most of the time and it's blind luck he hasn't been shot dead yet.

Real vigilantes are closer to assassins like

it's not murder it's vigilante justice

>No

I guess somebody didn't follow the Olympics

the only cool part about PJ is the fact that mutual combat is allowed somewhere

>find a neckbeard
>insult his waifu
>"fite me fgt"
>his ninja fantasies could become reality so he agrees and takes a weeaboo pose
>and you legally shove in him a locker
>thug life

We had that, his name was Elliot Rogers.

Marines and soldiers also have guns lmao.

>What about the constant head injuries?
Some kid made a thing for that.
youtube.com/watch?v=h98PzD0o02M

Also Phoenix Jones is a professional boxer in his day life which helps, most people would just get their ass kicked.

I'm not calling anyone names, I said the idea is retarded.

Most criminals you'd want to go after have guns, unless you're going after bankers or something. And, in that case, good luck. Criminals are rarely conveniently outposted in various rooftops like you see in comics and movies or games.

Marines are trained to a higher degree than you could probably teach yourself. By the time you got out of that training, you'd likely be too old to do it yourself. That doesn't even touch on the constant medical bills and trying to make a living for yourself.

Damn, more assuming on your end. I'd love to keep the conversation going but it seems you are incapable of providing fact or speak in terms of actual data that you yourself have not hypothesized. So I digress, but You look at a marine and ask them if they stop fighting after getting shot. They'll look at you and laugh, user.

>Daredevil make it look like it's easy.
Didn't he almost die in the second episode from a normal dude?

That's a stupid costume. You'd just punch his teeth/nose a lot. Good luck against gas attacks or mace. His elbows are completely unguarded - break them with a pipe or so and he's fucked.

What are you even saying? At least I can keep the conversation going and provide counter-points rather than just throw my hands up. The idea is stupid and impossible. That's why nobody does it.

You get shot wearing a bulletproof vest, you break bones from the impact. Or, the wind is knocked out of you, and the others gang up on you. Go to bed.

>Olastic abs
>DYEL
>Being out during the day
>Posting pictures online
The hell was this guy thinking?

I'd watch a movie about him though

What if you're not involved in the process? What if you fight crime remotely with a drone or something?

>Would becoming a super hero be a good idea then,

You would open a massive can of worms with repercussions you couldn't possibly foresee. If you were anywhere near even just Golden Age Superman levels the balance of power in the world would change

There are real life vigilantes user, they're those Brazilian cops who shoot youths on the streets. You don't need a costume or extensive training and cool gadgets, all you need is a gun to be a hero.

Hmm, you could probably get more done Mr. Robot style by hacking criminals and reporting them to the police since they really are extremely stupid and discuss drug deals over facebook, you could also fuck with the big dogs too if you could drain their funds.

>What if you fight crime remotely with a drone or something?
Is that possible? Drones have shit battery life, and you have to be near them to use them, anyway.

What're you gonna do, shoot rubber pellets at bad guys while your drone hits a street light and goes down in a tiny fire?

>shoot rubber pellets
no youtube.com/watch?v=lmD3rXUR1Tw

Okay, so that's one guy that's really good.

And then you accidentally start a car, dumpster, or building on fire. Innocents die. Then what? Good job, you killed one dude, and forty innocents.

Adding weaponry is silly, but you know actually using drones to patrol your neighborhood and calling the cops if you see something isn't a bad idea. If you have inclination for being a vigilante, that is.

you could probably get criminals to fuck off whatever they're doing by just letting them see it, I'd shit my pants if I was trying to break into someones house and a drone started watching me

I guess. Wouldn't the innocent people, then, get agitated about a drone flying around, possibly invading on their own privacy?

If you're vigilante, obviously you'd want to stay unknown. Unless you put up signs that the neighborhood was under watch of Droneman or whatever.

>Marines are trained to a higher degree than you could probably teach yourself. By the time you got out of that training, you'd likely be too old to do it yourself

Their training is largely some number of weeks of basic exercise, shouting, and getting really good at making your bed and saluting.

Military training in general isn't anything extensive or badass until you get into the really specific jobs that require people to do crazy shit on the regular, but that's a far cry from any generic soldier from any country.

Exactly. A drone would provide video evidence and could follow you. Of course you could try shooting it down but again that would alert the authorities too. A drone wouldn't stop two drunks fighting, but could prevent a burglary or mugging.

I'm thinking more of a neighborhood watch using drones to cover more area when patrolling than a lone vigilante desu.

If you got superpowers, youd likely get somethibg thats only gonna marginally help in crime fighting and still be worthless vs guns. The best option is become a sideshow, sell you body to acience, act, sport, serve your country, ect

Yeah, a lot of their "vigilantism" is more "walk in and shoot all the poor people"

Phoenix Jones needs to work on his damn costume, whats with that ski mask under a suit? Does that serve any purpose?

>but You look at a marine and ask them if they stop fighting after getting shot. They'll look at you and laugh, user.
Yeah, but marines have other marines to shoot at the people who shot them, whereas you'll just bleed out.

if i were powerful enough to tell the govt. to dick off when they tried to fuck me then yea of course i'd do big time superheroics what choice would i have. but if they were low tier powers id just try to help put around my neighborhood

in case it gets cold?
fuckin kek

would it be legal to """"entrap"""" pedophiles and then forward the evidence to local police somehow?

well there was Capt. Killdozer and Dr. Ch@os and the Realm of Chaos, those are my two favorites

i think paris might be good. mostly because of the catacombs, if you were able to get those all mapped out youd have a pretty good batcave and a way to travel quickly throughout the entire city

sounds pretty fascist to me but i reckon it could work

>no way a real superhero would make mistakes

Oh wow. If I could have one superpower, just one. God in heaven, give me the power to turn other people, who are noble, with hearts of justice into riders.

Then it would have to be Navy Seal style training in particular. However, Navy Seals are usually trained for 6 months, not years like Batman presumably trained.

He did change the outfit though, he also has a shield now.

If I were to acquire powers that would in anyway be effective in crime-fighting, you bet your ass I would become one. I'd probably disappear for a while to train myself with them for a year or so, but after that all bets are off.

As impossible as it is, being a superhero is the only thing I can imagine doing with my life. Too bad it'll never happen.

Here is the thing op. There are vigilantes in real life they just are not the romantic visions people think about.

They do things like kill the neighborhood pedophile, but make it look like a suicide. OR pay someone to kill a rapist.

Basically if they are caught the news spins it that they are crazies or they just never get caught because the people they kill don't matter.

Good thing we have hard working contributors to society like you, user. Make sure not to call anyone when someone's breaking into your house or beating your ass.

>Real Life vigilantes will never get respect for protecting the citizens

listverse.com/2013/03/24/10-outrageous-real-life-superheroes/

Real heroes don't parade around in ridiculous costumes and call their selves heroes because they're delusional enough to believe they can live the life of a superhero just like in the comics and movies. I know it sounds cool, but it's just not going to happen, and you're going to look like an idiot, get yourself killed, or even get somebody else killed by accident.

Matt Hardy pls go

much cooler outfit imo, but he should take the fuckin flag off it looks retarded

Do Jack the Ripper, Zodiac Killer and Monster of Florence count as heroes since they did nothing wrong?

>Captain Australia
What does he do? Shitpost criminals to death?

the fucking Zodiac killer, only mass serial killer to actually be smarter than the Police and FBI Combined, for decades.

got so comfy with it he just gave them fucking word puzzles that equated to "fuck you, catch me".

What about straight boxing over martial arts? Ignoring guns and shit, if you were against a few unarmed people wouldn't it be best to just twat them very hard?

There are active vigilante groups in Mexico and the Phillipines. They use guns and murder a lot of people.

Those "Border Recon" groups or whatever they call themselves in the southern states are also arguably vigilantes.

So yes, there are in fact vigilantes.

He's going for a more soldier look, hens the shield. I don't know if he's actually used it in combat yet, I don't even know if he's trained to use it. Hell, I don't even know if that thing is legal.

What the hell is wrong with people? This guy killed over a hundred girls and its still out there, possibly killing more.

Wrong on all accounts.

I am mexican and I can confirm the vigilante (diana) was killing bus drivers that were confirmed to have raped women, she did so because authorities were doing nothing about it and to let people know that there are consequences to such actions

I was daydreaming about how a realistic Spider-Man would work.

>gopro on head
So, we'll get live streaming when he accidently gets the local Organized Crime group to pursue him?

But how does he stick to walls?

Nigga I said realistic

>Pheonix Jones
>DYEL

i understand why he is using the flag, but as far as i know he isnt a soldier nor is he representative of the country so its just dumb, but this is also just my autismo speaking.

that technology is a reality, just not as compact as fingertips yet. give it a google

> Not using this far more realistic version of what Spider-man would be like in real life.

But essentially you want an Exo-Skeleton that mimics spider-man's powers. I can see that happening in the next 50 years.

Really?

>I'd watch a movie about him though

Gitchu kinsman

youtube.com/watch?v=L5iKjVZbEUI

I'd really like electricity/tech powers. Feel like I could save a fortune or make one

As for being a superhero? fuck yes. On;y things I have interest in is cooking and fixing shit and I really hate schooling
Yes I'm black

Killdozer was a hero. He took down the corrupt for the protection of the helpless.

There's two ways to do it:

1) You can be a real vigilante and try to stop crimes violently. You can try to tackle organized crime or just try to protect people. Either way you're most likely to get either killed or arrested very fast. Even the best martial artists in the world are at an extreme disadvantage against two or more untrained opponents, who almost certainly have guns, knives, pipes, or other weapons. And if you're fighting organized crime, one guy with a submachinegun will have you dead in about one second from any range. An actual vigilante in the real world is just not feasible.

2) You can be like most real life superheroes and spend your time just walking around at night, accompanying ladies and old people to their homes, handing out flyers about your neighborhood watch program with cans of pepper spray, and then going home to your shitty, filthy apartment until tomorrow when you can go to your McJob to fund your mentally diseased fantasy life.

There's a great documentary on Netflix about the real life "superheroes" that shows what incredibly sad lives they lead, despite being good people trying to do the right thing.

All of that stuff costs money and in practice is not very effective.

I can't wait for the Killdozer to resurrect in the Upcoming World Crisis.

>People who hate cops.
Not him, but which of these choices did you guys get caught with?

1. Graffiti
2. Possession
3. Shoplifting
4. Underage Drinking
5. Speeding

That's why you buy a police scanner, you casual.

>supporting oppressive laws
I've never actually had to deal with cops, but just the fear of living in a state that has these laws is shit.

Fear? Are you serious? Everything I posted is illegal for legitimate reasons.

Don't want the time, don't do the crime.

Most of the crimes reported are usually after it already happened.

but you may just (probably not) get the occasional crime in progress

>No one of

>There is of course the other problem of vigilantes not knowing if the person they are tracking is actually guilty of a crime and wrongfully dealing with them.
because the police never make mistakes like that right

>Matt looking for Woolie

You increase your chances of finding a crime in progress and can interview witnesses before the cops get there.

The biggest problem is actually the lack of money.

It's a stupid way to put your life in danger. As you can see by other anons vigilantes mostly work on shitholes and they are usually well organized. Going solo like Batman or DD is nothing more like a capefag wet dream. But if you still wanna go for it don't tackle organized crime at all, chase robbers molesters and the like and be willing to kill if necessary. Putting yourself in a silly costume and giving yourself a name only tells you are doing it for attention. Try to use different disguises. You can also get together with a group of people to force the police to do their damn job.

t. BLM rioter
Lynch yourself.

Cuz cops don't prevent anything or protect anyone.

He's not a vigilante exactly. He foes around and does good deeds with a mask on and occasionally gets into fights.
>DYEL
He's buff as fuck tho.

/diy/ has had some superhero threads before, maybe see what they say?

As of right now there's a "trick arrow" thread that might be worth visiting

Link to both if possible please.

Current arrow thread:
boards.Cred Forums.org/diy/thread/1062310/so-im-wondering-if-you-guys-might-have-any-ideas#bottom

Here's a searchable archive for the previous superhero/vigilante threads:
warosu.org/diy/

I actually was a hometown hero for a few years. It evolved organically from just some exercise I started doing in High School. I could talk more about it if you want.

give us the full story user.

>I could talk more about it if you want.

Fighting multiple people honestly isn't that far-fetched, with enough training it could be done

Well, it kind of grew out of exercise like I said, and a little bit of genetics. And less exciting than you think, In high school I used to ride the city bus back and forth from school. But... sophomore year good old budget cuts cut my bus transfer off the route. Suddenly I was walking three miles everyday back and forth. It was way more exercise than I was used to, but what are you gonna do. It is boring to walk that long, but it got easier over time.

One day I passed a garage sale. Somebody's 3 lbs wrist weight set was for sale for two dollars. I bought them and put them on (Dragon Ball Z was pretty big when I was in High School) and kept walking. I didn't start throwing Kamehameha waves, but suddenly walking was interesting. There was this mini rush after I took them off after a long walk. It was the good kind of pain and soreness. Flash forward a few years and I'm a senior, I have heavier sets on my arms, one on my legs, and I always have a backpack full of books. I still ate oreos and mountain dew, so I never got a super ripped body, but I had real muscles for the first time in my life and started to become the kind of guy friends would call for help to move couches.

I got to college and kept it up. Walking backwards, running, all the good stuff, all covered in weights. The first year of college I pretty much went from class, to workout, to back to my dorm with a tight knit group of bros to play marathon Smash Bros Melee sessions. People gave me odd looks when I worked out, I didn't do sports, I just kind of liked it. And a part of me liked the attention. You get to start over with your identity in college, and no one ever knew the tubby nerd version of me, they only knew the super strong nerd version of me.

I started to make rules for working out. I had a regemine I would do sure (sit ups, push ups, blah blah) but I made sure that I had a concrete rule that if someone asked me for help, I had to help them. TBC...

Even ignoring all the stuff about how you'll definitely die and it's impossible, how exactly would you manage to be there when the crime is going down? Even the police can't usually show up until after.

The cops bit is true, for sure. How would a gang find you if you were dressed up the entire time? In this situation let's assume the cops just collectively shrug their shoulders and choose not to give a shit.

>relatively few people in the world are capable of reliably taking down criminals on their own. Besides, get in hot water with gangs/organized crime and your life is ruined.

This is pretty much it. IRL nobody can power through 2v1 situations and come out unscathed, let alone larger numbers. That's the superhero fantasy that gets sold in comcis and action movies - that one can take on many and somehow win.

The main thing about comcibook/movie vigilantes (even the unpowered ones) is the way they just don't register being hurt or taking damage. Seeing Frank with a few band aids on his face after a shootout really doesn't equate with torn muscles, concusions, and generally being too sore to move freely (ie., most martial arts fighters/boxers after bouts).

The other reason vigilanteism won't work is there's no escaping forensics and/or the ever present security cellphone cameras these days. Your ID will be known and blown after a week at most - whereupon you'd better hope the cops get to you first, and merely beat the shit out of you, before the rest of the crims' gang does, and you spend a few days having bits snipped off you. IIRC Phoenix Jones's ID lasted all of two days once he started his 'patrolling'.

So some guy struggling to haul a TV out of the back of his truck? Person needs to move out of their dorm? I had to stop and ask if he needed assistance, if they said yes I had to help. And I couldn't take the weights off. I didn't do it for 'truth justice and the American way'. I just, I knew a few guys who seriously body built at this point, cuz they kind of thought I must be one of them, but then we'd talk a little bit and they were talking about glutes and sports and I was talking about DnD and Gamecube. And I'd watch them become the strongest guys on campus... but they never did anything with their strength. They didn't volunteer for stuff, they might have played sports, but they didn't go out of their way to help people, not even when someone with tremendous strength was just what was needed. Their body sculpting was more about vanity and looking cool. It felt like a waste. Like, what's the point of all that effort if you only look cool? So helping people became a thing I did, just a mental thing to set myself apart, even if their were selfish reasons (I liked that women were noticing me) I was using the strength for what it was intended for.

I started to get a reputation for being a helpful strong guy, people I didn't even know started asking me for help. Not like 'he has a hotline' but people knew that if they saw me running by they could stop me and I would listen. I also started to get a reputation for being the strongest guy on campus. I wasn't, but people would see me multiple times a day moving chairs or helping someone steady some awful art project, I began to realize people will think you are strong if you use your strength. I kind of liked it, and yeah, sometimes I was tired, but I always told myself 'what was the point of all that woking out if I can't move this table and chairs out of the quad' and that would give me enough to get going again.

Fraternities started giving me bids. That's when things escalated...

> there's no escaping forensics
eh, Forensic science isn't really the magical solving mystery force that movies and shows portray it to be. Even if they got a sample of your DNA, they'd still need something to match it too. Evidence like footprints and finger prints are almost non-reliant most of the time due to all the dirt, and debris that ruins it. Unless you become a suspect to the police then it won't be much of a problem.

> the ever present security cellphone cameras these days

Like I said, if probably won't be much of a problem, let's take for example, Serial Killers, most serial killers are pretty successful in evading police due to the fact that they'll only have a limited idea of who the suspect can be. Most murders are usually solved because 8 out of 10 times the murder victim will be someone the victim knew which narrows it down. Serial Killers are different in that regard as they murder people they don't know. There are famous cases where serial killers were caught like Ted Bundy but those are exceptional.

I've seen plenty of cases of Criminals doing reckless things while concealing their face and the police still couldn't figure out who it was. Unless your caught in the act, you can still maintain your identity.

>The main thing about comcibook/movie vigilantes (even the unpowered ones) is the way they just don't register being hurt or taking damage.

Let's assume that our hypothetical vigilante is so skilled and tactically aware that he can avoid life threatening injuries throughout his crime-fighting career.

I've thought of this too. If nothing else, I could strive to be that one good cop who restores somebody's faith in the police.

I was pretty sure I knew what a fraternity was after years of television and movie portrayals that ranged from Animal House to Date Rape. But some of the guys in these frats I had become friends with or gotten to know through college choir. Some of them... were. But there was one.

It was the poor frat. The rush party was just guys playing video games and eating fast food and generally being cool to each other. There was drinking, but they had a sober brothers system where there were always sober dudes looking out for everyone and generally were cool to each other. The fraternity was mainly made up of choir bros, international students, nerdy gamers, and stoners. A couple of brothers were dirt poor scholarship students, the frat waived their fees cuz they were cool. Very chill, very fun. Not exactly a hit with the ladies, not really much for athletes, but brainy,it was 'the frat women feel safe to go to parties at'. So why not? I pledged, no hazing ('Hazing? Naw we don't do that, that's a bunch of bullshit. Get ready for community service though.'), got to learn all the 'arcane secrets' as they were, good times were had by all.

The only thing they shared with the Animal House movie was we all got pledge names. But they weren't names meant to humiliate us or stigmatize us. They were cool names, more like military call signs. That's the first time I was called 'Wonderboy' (another one of my pledge class was named 'Young Nasty Man', Tenacious D was pretty big when I was in college). The name stuck, suddenly Wonderboy was my nickname. Frat responsibilities took up more of my time, but I liked it.

I was getting surprised by people saying things like 'yeah, I wouldn't want to fight Wonderboy', 'Wonderboy could beat up so and so' etc. I didn't really like that stuff because I had never fought anybody in my life, I never even threatened people, even in jest, but I didn't really find out how far my reputation was getting til journalism class...

Quiet life is always the answer.

Meanwhile we have Super Vaclav. Well, had, he apparently is now in jail.
youtube.com/watch?v=0BIIdMU8G2c

source?

For the picture?

It's why I love the tropa de elite/elite squad movies: Essentially Punisher Squads. It gets muddled with politics tho, especially in the sequel. Brazil is ripe for more movies like that.

Because we saw Kick-Ass and saw how being a vigilante in real life would work out.

I took a journalism course. It was very active, we got to do police ride alongs, work with the local paper, even got access to the police crime reports. The ride alongs were more about 'got a call to settle a dispute between two neighbors who just get on each other's nerves' than crazy crime, but I got to see some stuff. Cops do not like doing ride alongs, the job is unpredictable and they don't like being responsible for you. If you ever do it, buy the cop lunch. $5 in fast food is a small price to pay for them protecting you, and goes way far toward them being okay with you.

I learned that as good and safe as the college campus was, the town around us had a meth problem and all the problems that come with that. There was a lot more crime than I was noticing.

But once I had access to the crime statistics, including a map of incident reports I started to notice that crime had dropped significantly along the neighborhood routes that I had trained. That's the thing people don't think about when they talk about vigilantes and criminals. Criminals are opportunists. They actually don't want to fight, mugging or holding up a person is a tremendous risk. Seeing a man walking backwards covered in armorlike weights is a deterrent. I wasn't that vain to decide right away. It didn't seem possible. So I changed my routes. Read more incident reports. Suddenly crime was lower on the new routes. I wasn't stopping the crimes of passion, the calculated crimes, but I was scaring off the opportunists, the guys who might mug a college freshman too drunk on his first beers, the townies that got too handsy, the garage break ins, the drug dealers and small time hoods that just weren't sure if I was cop or not. My walks got longer, I was doing it late at night now, sometimes for hours. Sometimes I was followed. Sometimes cars with tinted windows would speed away. But I was loud and obvious. I clinked when I walked. I didn't want to fight. I had never fought before in my life.

I find it odd how people keep using Kick-ass as an example of how Super-hero like vigilantism in the real world wouldn't work.
They seem to be forgetting that Hit-girl and Big daddy were portrayed as being extremely successful in their crime-fighting spree and the only reason Big Daddy ended up dying was because Dave lead the mafia to their secret apartment. Of course Kick-ass himself wouldn't be any good himself given that he didn't have any training but he started training with hit-girl in the Sequels and it worked for him pretty well.

Someone like Rorschach could work

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_McCaslin

>The Phantom Patriot was the name taken by Richard McCaslin of Carson City, Nevada, who, on January 19, 2002, attempted an attack on the Bohemian Grove. He was imprisoned in California. He is the subject of the song "Phantom Patriot" by Les Claypool on his album Of Whales and Woe.

>McCaslin, wearing a skull mask and a blue jumpsuit with "Phantom Patriot" written in red on his chest, infiltrated the site of Bohemian Grove, just north of San Francisco. He was heavily armed with "a pump-action/shotgun hybrid, a .45 caliber handgun, a crossbow, a 2-foot-long sword, a knife and a fireworks mortar tube." McCaslin slept in one of the cabins overnight. The following morning, he found the 30 ft. owl statue, then later encountered caretaker, Fred Yeager and maintenance man, Bob Hipkiss. McCaslin set a fire in the empty banquet hall, then was later removed peacefully by local law enforcement officers and was briefly held at the mental health ward of the Sonoma County Jail. He later claimed to have seen the documentary,"Dark Secrets Inside Bohemian Grove" by talk show host Alex Jones.

Aren't there vigilante groups in Mexico?

Police normally have something known as due process. There is a reason people tend to spend years on death row. Its not perfect but its better then an angry mob going on a witch hunt only to kill an innocent person.

What was the harm in doing things that I was already doing for fun? Just a little more, in a little more dangerous areas. I kept the real reasons why I walked so much a secret from my brothers, to the campus I was still Wonderboy, but not in the way they ever knew. So I walked. I walked with the goal of never fighting, of letting my visible strength hint that it would be better to behave than commit acts of violence around me. I love superhero movies and comics. The one thing they get wrong about how crime works, how people work, is that people like to get permission to be criminals. If there is litter on the ground, the average person doesn't think 'oh, I need to clean this up', they think 'oh, this is a place where it's fine if I litter, someone else littered already so this was a littered place, people must be fine with it, it's not that bad that I'm littering now because that's just how it is'. People need to see a person pick up the trash. They need to see a person not littering.

At night I walked during the late hours. I chose classes that started late in the day so I would have time to sleep, my grades were effortless before but now they were a struggle, keeping up appearances meant attending meetings, plays, tutoring sessions, video game sessions, DnD campaigns. There was pressure now to be brave because now a new class of brothers was coming in, they looked up to me, 'if Wonderboy is afraid, how can anyone expect us to be brave'. I never fought, but there were incidents, weirdness that if I weren't covered in weights and walking backwards, if I weren't Wonderboy, maybe they wouldn't have second guessed their choices. But things were stable, life wasn't bad. I was still helping people. I felt alive. It felt good to know Wonderboy was a name people trusted. I should have been paying attention more to my campus than the town.

One of my brothers overdosed on hard drugs right under my nose. I was furious. And I was helpless. He recovered but he was never the same. Another frat had been selling drugs. A townie dealer named Anthony had been selling on campus, riding around on his bike, asking if people wanted to party. He didn't know who I was.

I confronted him on the sidewalk. I told him to stop selling drugs on the street. He was a man with slurred speech, ginger hair. Very athletic build. He had three dot tattoos on his chest that he claimed he got in prison and each one represented rape, murder, and larceny. It might have been bluster. He laughed at me. I didn't have my weights on at the time. I walked back to the fraternity house. He followed me up the steps. I asked him what he wanted. He wanted me to join his boxing gym, he got into a boxer's stance. I said I don't do gyms. And he socked me in the eye.

Getting socked in the eye hurt. I still have a darkened spot in my vision, like a dead pixel on my right eye. But I didn't want to hit back. I'd be littering. It wouldn't matter whether the violence was justified, I would show the neighborhood that violence was okay, that this is a neighborhood where violence is so we can be violent, somebody else was violent, why would it matter if one more person is violent when there is so much violence already, no one will even notice.

I focused on not flinching. On not making a sound. On staring him down, unblinking. I don't know what I looked like, but he didn't throw another punch. He wasn't leaving either.

I learned another lesson about intimidation. What a person imagines is normally rational. I hurt you, you try to hurt me back. You hurt what I protect, I protect it more. It's understandable. So I walked over to the house I loved. I walked to the brick wall at the edge of the porch. AND I CAVED IT IN WITH A KICK.

Before you call bullshit, this was an old fraternity house. I picked that spot specifically because it had some serious mortar issues on the brick, some of the bricks were already loosey goosey so that wasn't the most stable wall. But Anthony didn't know that. So I turned to him and said "I have destroyed what I love. Imagine what I will do to you."

Anthony did not completely disappear from campus. Sometimes I would see him from a distance on side streets riding his bike. One time I did see him close to campus and he pulled out what looked like a steak knife and waved it at me from afar, but he never got too close.

I couldn't get that other fraternity on drugs. However they were a nationally dry fraternity, and of course Wonderboy could come to their parties, yeah, let's show off how cool we are by showing off the keg we always buy for parties. They were not expecting an inspection by their national chapter, they caught them red handed with a keg, beer to minors, eventually the cocaine came to light in the ensuing investigation. Even over the protests of rich alumni, the entire frat was kicked off campus for a minimum of five years so that every last brother from the current membership would be long graduated with no guarantee they would ever be let on campus again. They never knew I tipped them off, the campus just assumed they had been so out of control they should have seen an inspection coming.

Should I keep going? More progression, more incidents, or should I let the thread die?

Nobody else replied, but definitely do go on, I'm interested.

THEY ARE CALLED COPS

Welp, I have to go to bed, but if this thread is still around tomorrow you can ask questions, I might even go into how I address the growing campus hard drug problem, it was stunted but not over.

I will say this:

I echo what everyone else is saying about letting cops handle the bad stuff, knowing your limits. You can stop a lot of crime by just calling in a police car to do a patrol or reporting suspicious activity. Your cell phone is the best crime fighting tool.

You don't have to be buff to be a hero. The times I was most effective at being a hero were times I used my head or preyed on the better nature of people. I strongly believe that each time you throw a threat you have failed, a threat only buys you peace until you aren't looking, maybe Anthony is living it up now that I've moved away.

Fighting is not the answer and it is very dangerous. It is legally iffy. I took a lot of risks that me today would not take where I lucked out on the other guy figuring I wasn't worth the trouble. I could be a statistic and I won't pretend it was all skill and planning.

Pick up litter. Take care of your community. This means doing more than your fair share. People need someone to do more than their fair share before they ever will, and some never will. Don't do it to be liked, but don't feel guilty about enjoying it. I worked hard because I believed in the goodness of people. I believe in it. Start small or start large, if everyone just did slightly more than they do day to day the world would be safer and better. Never ask other people to do something you won't do yourself.

And doing the right thing and enjoying yourself are not mutually exclusive. You might like it. You might have fun. It made my life better. The friends I made during that time are still around. G'night!

>watch super
>best girl ded
>realize coke whores arent the best motivations
>visions stop
>reality's clear as spring water
>stop being vigilante

i already know how this shit would play out irl

Thanks user, your story has been inspiring.

ah, i remember phoenix jones

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sombra_Negra

This worked until international cucks tried to say "muh human rights" and disbanded them, causing crime to skyrocket. Then they stopped caring so now crime isn't as bad. They even have that baller name.

>not using your powers to secure an ideal quiet life free of undue anxiety

Why and how would you need superpowers for that? Seems like what you are looking for is money and a nice place to live.

>Ahmad Suradji, Indonesia
>Convicted of strangling at least 42 women and girls in a series of ritual slayings he believed would give him magical powers. Executed by firing squad
>ritual slayings he believed would give him magical powers.
Was this guy trying to become a stand user or some shit?

>spider-slav

Kek

Godspeed, you're a better man than I.
I salute you, sir.

Chris Dorner was a vigilante

You're a real nigga user, one of the last on earth. Keep up the good work.

I thought it was more of a "oh shit you got powers somehow, what do you do?" kinda thing.
But as for how they'd come into play for that:
Are you saying having some powers wouldn't help in achieving that /quietlife/? Rather, using them as a stand-in for having an especially imposing figure or an extremely charismatic personality, to keep myself out of bad situations and find my way into good ones. Money and good real-estate are possible goals along the way, not the final prize. Money is a necessity for anyone, but I don't need to be wealthy to be happy, comfortable living is just as well. A nice place is great, but anywhere not surrounded by obnoxious neighbors or crowded city streets will be fine too, a modest and decent home in a small town. No where gated, but not in a slum.
My goal is life with peace of mind. What greater defense is there for that than superpowers, one of the greatest insurance policies imaginable?

Watch the movie Super and find out

>15
>"pedophile"

are all these wannabe justice homos retarded? Pedophiles like preteens

>no one posted the video
youtu.be/PZbG9i1oGPA
RET THEM FIGHT
youtu.be/hPj-SPD_NIg

Right on dude. Golds got your back.

Patrolling and stopping random muggings and other spontaneous crime is a retarded idea

The only type of vigilanteeism that actually makes any sense is basically Dexter style

You go look for people who have committed a crime or hurt people at some point and will probably do it again (gang members, known pedo's or whatever)

And then you carefully plan out their murder

Spoiler alert. 99% chance you'll get caught, especially if you do it more than once

But you could probably put away a couple of thugs and get away with it if you played your cards right

The question is it worth it? And are you willing to accept the consequences if you get caught?

That ending pissed me off so much. The main character was one of the most cucked characters I have ever seen in a movie. Ellen Page's character didn't deserve to die

>implying murder is something easy to pull off and get off scot free with

>99% chance you'll get caught, especially if you do it more than once

Not necessarily. It depends entirely on what area you decide to murder someone at. 7 out of 10 murders in detroit go unsolved. These murdered are typically committed by stupid niggers. Now imagine if some intelligent serial killer who knew how to cover there tracks started taking out high priority targets there. Same shit applies to Chicago. Places with high gang activity and Homicides tend to have less solved homicide cases.

Because to approach even Kickass levels of success (i.e. getting your asshole kicked in constantly with the occasional success) you would need some sort of edge.

>martial arts training
Means fuck all in a world where guns and knives exist
>knife or sword training
Means fuck all in a world where guns exist
>gun training
Means fuck all when every slav pushing stolen electronics is strapped
>super powers, robotic suits
Does not exist

>trust me, i've done my research

Then they should still just become a cop so that they actually have some kind of legal authority to arrest people.

I would probably go public and earn a shit ton of money by becoming a celebrity.
Being a super hero would be nice but I don't think I know enough about the ramifications of my actions.

What part of 99% change you'll get caught, didn't you understand?

>Every store he hits is has insurance
>All he did was shut them down for a few months so they could reopen with a new look and layout or the owners just took the cash and retired
>He didn't ruin anyone's life like he wanted

Captain Half-Baked Plan

Or have legal coverage in case you fuck up. Reserve officer programs. Look into it.

There's being highly visible twinks to convince criminals to go elsewhere, ala the Guardian Angels.

There's noticing shit, collecting evidence and calling the cops like a minimum wage security guard, like Neighborhood watch.

There's the millitia tradition, like the mexican autodefensa forces, the rooftop koreans,

The corrupt as fuck government there has a limit on how long you can be in prison for so their friends in the drug cartels can't be given life sentences.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Pepes

oh shit

Elektra has powers now.

No. I think he opens up people's crates for them.

>”La Bestia"

kek

>Moses Sithole
>Sentenced to 2410 years imprisonment with a non-parole period of 930 years.

It's what happens when sentencing rules meant to make it harder to earn parole collide with people who should probably just be put to death instead.

They're probably shunted to secret facilities to work "interrogation" for the rival political factions over there.

>Good goy work, within the corrupted laws and systems already in place.

This.
How can you hope to kill a monster if you keep tending to it's wounds?

They would just send in the bombrobot.
edition.cnn.com/2016/07/12/us/dallas-police-robot-c4-explosives/
Vigilantes creates a shitload of paperwork, the police have better things to do

Also if your in a big fucking city the cops and the authorities are gonna be on your ass all the time.

Kingdom Come Batman!

put on a fire extingusiher and/or mace instead of a silly gun

Drones doesnt have to run on battery, be small or fly. Many types.

This is something thats actually plausible, Real Estate Values Man to the rescue!

That is Batfascist too you!

>>Yeah, a lot of their "vigilantism" is more "walk in and shoot all the poor people"
I have seen comics about exact that kind of vigilante "justice"!
OP probably just want to go out and be a serial killer of italians, russians and irishmen

Because real life doesn't work like a comic book you mouth-breathing autistic retard.

Shit media named him Killdozer when in fact he took so much care to not actually kill someone(other than himself)!

Because most people don't care enough about justice AND are crazy enough to go out on the streets. And you'd get your ass beat hard.

>t. Doesn't Read Comics

>>This is pretty much it. IRL nobody can power through 2v1 situations and come out unscathed, let alone larger numbers. That's the superhero fantasy that gets sold in comcis and action movies - that one can take on many and somehow win.

Depends on how much street guns there is in your country!
You could just become Knight Man
all the Kung Fu bullshit in the world can't beat through late age medieval armour, those were made to protect against bullets and warhammers.

This is how all home invasions/burglaries/robberies/etc should end.

Criminals deserve death.

If you have the capacity to stop them, you have a duty to do so.
An obligation to stop them before they continue a life in which they will most certainly victimize dozens, even hundreds of other people, until they are stopped.
To not do so, is to be complicit in the victimization of all those who come after you.

>Gang leader known as al-Tourbini ("The Express Train"). Raped and tortured homeless children, mostly boys aged 10 to 14 years old, aboard the trains between Cairo, Alexandria, Qalyoubeya and Beni Sueif. The victims were usually thrown off the moving train when they were dead or in agony; other times they were thrown into the Nile or buried alive.
Sweet fucking christ.

Then the ancient nazispirits show up

Because nobody has killed the parents of an autistic billionare with OCD and interest in Zorro yet!

We don't live in the CSI crime shows with super-crime-tech user. A lot of that shit isn't real or not in more than a couple CSI teams in the country. Get away is easy if you're methodical, careful, and don't get cocky. It's when you start sending teasing to the police and trying to get a rush by commuting your crime in broad daylight do you start getting caught.
Serial killers get caught like that, most of them have a power complex, and by being so dependent on having/being in power, they end up getting so cocky they almost send their ID in to the police.
The only reason that 99% chance to get caught exists is the law of averages and most people being sloppy and stupid with their crimes.

If drugs were legal it would not only be morally right as each human being has a right to choose to do with their body and mind as they see fit, but it would also reduce
1. drug related crime - mobs would be unable to compete with legitimate drug businesses, thus dramatically lowering mob revenue
2. drug related deaths (ODs, badly mixed substannces, etc) - if drugs were made by certified companies they would be subjected to hard rules and quality checks. Everyone would know exactly what and how much is going into their body. People who use drugs would have reliable sources of info on their safe use, instead of propaganda.
3. decreased use among minors. Look up the statistical drug use among minors in Holland or Portugal. Its way lower than in countries with strict prohibitions. Why? There are no dealers who dont give a fuck who they sell to, because they cant compete with normal companies - which are under close state supervision.

Now, if drugs being legal is so great and actually DOES the things that prohibition is supposed to achieve, why arent they?

Lets look at who prospers from the prohibition:
1. drug mob - its an awesome source of income for them, which they would lose if they were to compete with official companies.
2. the police - they get a whoooole lot of money in drug war funds
3. politicians - by painting drugs as a threat, they are able to pose as protectors from this threat. If you believe that drugs are horrible, you are more likely to vote for people who promise to abolish them - which never works, only perpetuates criminal drug use. Also its a bargaining chip with everyone else who profits from drugs being illegal. Its an infinite source of political capital.
4. Pharma, Alcohol and Tobacco Companies. I wont go into detail but I think its fairly self evident.

You, mr.police hero are a basic part of "the drug problem" and only you cant stop being so. Think about it. Be a hero.

sorry bout bad grammar/vocab, im quite angry and english is not my native language.

You'd get shot.

If you didn't get shot, they'd say that you were a racist, and you were committing hate-crimes. You'd get a bit more leverage if you were a black man attacking white men, but a white man beating on minorities?

Your ass is grass. In jail, the Aryan Nation would hail you as a hero, and you'd be shivv'd the first time you took a shower.

As a matter of fact, I have been a vigilante before.

Just once. No, I'm not joking with you. It was the most frightening experience of my entire life.

I lived in a decent neighborhood, but - for some reason that never became clear to me - there was a gang that tended to hang out in this abandoned construction site and ride their bikes back and forth. Sometimes they'd spray graffiti across the area, and blast loud music. (I know, I know, I sound like a grumpy old man.)

It took me two weeks, but I finally had enough. What I did was that I bought a pair of cheap tennis shoes, a black shirt, and a carnival mask, and taped my hands up. Then, because I wasn't stupid, I brought a shotgun and a revolver with me. (I held the revolver because I bought the revolver illegally. The shotgun was registered in my name.)

So I just walked right into the place. They didn't notice me at first, and then one or two started walking towards me, more curious than angry.

That's when I pointed the revolver at them. I was jumpy, twitchy, I could barely see out of my mask, and I was scared, so scared that there were one or two I hadn't noticed and that they were going to come out from the side and kick my ass.

I started ranting at them, told them to fuck off and get out of here. I told them that I would shoot them, kill them if they didn't leave. I told them that if they ever came back, I'll kill, kill, kill.

When one of them moved towards me, I panicked and fired at him. I missed him completely, but he stopped in place and I fired again, and this time he ran away. Everyone started running away at this point, and I fired three more shots vaguely above their heads as they ran.

Then I hid out in an alley for an hour, went home and called in sick from work. I spent the next day driving around town and throwing away parts of my 'costume', feeling like a fucking idiot.

I was lucky I didn't get myself or anyone killed.

did they come back?

As far as I know, no. I moved out a year later, however. Seriously, don't do this shit. You'll end up on TV as a murderous racist or as a victim of 'gang violence'.

Shame you didn't kill any of them.

not to mention that dna and shit only tells them you where in place X in a large timespann
And non-retarded defense lawyer knows that DNA is pretty useless.

Just don't be an idiot. leave your cellphone at home!

I was insanely lucky that I didn't. I completely forgot all the basic gun safety I'd learned, which includes:

- Don't point a gun at anyone, unless you mean to kill them.
- Don't shoot unless you mean to kill someone.

It was a miracle that no-one got killed. If I had hit them, the police would have locked me away for good.

They were hanging out in an abandoned construction site as petty vandals? Did they do anything else to really inspire this, man?

In all honesty? Not really. Loud music, shitting up the neighborhood, making vaguely threatening gestures, some minor vandalism. That's about it. It was nothing worth getting anyone killed over, but I was at my limit for some reason.

You had to be there. It was stupid and reckless of me and it nearly became a disaster. Now imagine doing that regularly.

Jikes

>medieval armour
>protect against bullets
>actually thinking this
>also not worried about monks grappling you and stabbing you through gaps in the armor

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tr6VrmOQY1M

Poorly paid cops, a good portion who are working for criminals.

Cocaine to both questions?

Just get a group of friends, wear letterman jackets, assorted animal masks and use various guns and shoot up a criminal stronghold.