How enthusiastic are you for Marvel Now 2?

How enthusiastic are you for Marvel Now 2?

Thats pretty JUST mangs, like for real not even console war trolling here...

IIRC the guy who made the tweet in was actually okay with Civil War II so he has no bias against Marvel.

I want to be excited about Nova, but it looks a bait and switch.
Maybe if Marvel bothered hyping up anything other than Champions and Iron Heart, there'd be a little interest

Marvel (aka Perlmutter probably) doesn't really care for the publication division other than as a promo for the MCU. Hopefully this continues until Brevoort, Alonso and Bendis aka the Axis of Evil lose their jobs.

I am 90% done with Marvel's shit.

I'll only buy a book if it's got Ewing's name on it. Anything that Bendis writes is a hard pass at this point. Doom as Iron Man? great idea, great costume, I want to read it.....Bendis is writing? Good-bye.

everything in the image you posted is exactly right. Marvel's putting out too much bullshit and not enough story.

I'm looking forward to Waid and Kitson's flashback miniseries about the Cap/Hawkeye/Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch era of Avengers.

But it's never a good sign when you need to turn to flashback or alternate-universe series to feel you're reading the real characters.

Last guy is the only one who knows what he's talking about. A seasonal model isn't bad, it's how Marvel is pushing it that's bad.

>tfw Ewing ends up getting an exclusive with DC in the next couple of years.
kek
It would be literally the end of Marvel for me.

What DC books should Ewing write?

To be honest Marvel DC is selling more than Marvel because of Marvel's mismanagement. They always were more popular than DC.

And as a DCfag I'm hoping it continues to be like that to be honest. It's time DC shits on Marvel.

I'd kinda want him on something like LOSH, maybe a few other more obscure characters would be good too.

>They always were more popular than DC.

Green Lantern
Justice League
I'd like him trying to do Flash

Brave and the Bold
JSA
Some sort of Green Lantern solo

I'm more of a Marvelfag myself, and I hope DC can keep this going until Marvel stops being so shitty.

I totally agree.

It's hilarious watching them crash and burn and DC taking advantage of it.

Booster Gold
Legion of Superheroes

>LOSH, maybe a few other more obscure characters would be good too.
>Brave and the Bold
>JSA
Send this to DC.

But they were. DC characters are overall looked upon as outdated. DC heroes outside the core Justice League members aren't well known, and Marvel has way more characters, and the overall perception of them it's that they're way cooler than DC's. Casuals eat that shit up.

If you ask people who they prefer (Cred Forums doesn't count because we're contrarians here) 70% will tell you Marvel. The overall sales of the last 50 years don't lie.

I'd be pretty happy if they just handed Earth-2 off to him.
Do you think he'd be good on Constantine/JLD characters?

>Casuals eat that shit up.
And you're one of them, user.

I'm not familiar enough with DC to name specific books, but he's best at crazy, far-out concepts with a whimsical side.

Like in 1996-7 when if you wanted a "real" Spider-Man comic you read Untold Tales of Spider-Man.

The Kirbyverse it is then.

>Earth-2
Yes.
>Do you think he'd be good on Constantine/JLD characters?
Dunno, did he ever write fantasy or horror books?

Considering on what King chooses of the two, Legion or Green Lantern, he should write the other one. We need cosmic DC back.

Most of what he does seems to be Sci-fi based.
New Gods stuff would be fucking golden for him though.

>comikaza
Not like anyone buys any books here

You know shit about comics history or people's tastes, user. Or are you seriously telling me that it's easier to find a Superman fan than it is to find a Deadpool fan nowadays?

>You know shit about comics history or people's tastes
Says the Cred Forumsfag.

>Marvel has way more characters
more != better

Challengers of the Unknown.

>Or are you seriously telling me that it's easier to find a Superman fan than it is to find a Deadpool fan nowadays?
Probably?

Anything with black guys, he's Bizzaro Priest.

I'm not overly enthused but there are some interesting titles I want to check out.
>Cage!
>Great Lakes Avengers
>Bullseye
>Kingpin
>Unworthy Thor
I'm not counting Champions on that list because, while I'm rooting for it I'm pretty sure it'll be crap.

TEC, same cast, and Green Lantern...and a c-d lister like Blue Beetles or Firestorm.

>Winter Soldier more popular than Hawkeye

>A store in Ireland
Kek

>Ewing/Rocafort and King/Shaner GLC and GL respectively

Ugh ... Go back to Cred Forums ...

>Rocafort
Eh...

>false-flagging this hard
And back to Cred Forums with you.

I don't mind a few new characters. I mind every single classic character being replaced with a new version that I have no attachment to or interest in. It's too much all at once instead of letting people transition into new characters. There's no chance to warm up to them, they no longer spend time as part of the cast before working their way up to take on larger roles naturally.

Change can be good, but destroying everything that people like in order to bring about the change is the worst way possible.

It's good to have variety, there's a lot to choose from with Marvel right now, but so much of it is trash with weak writing and sub-par art. So many of my fave characters are being handled poorly.

I hope Marvel gets a fucking wake up call from Rebirth destroying them to go back to the basics and concentrate on producing what people actually want.

Justice League Internacional

>Not wanting Ewing and Rocafort writing New Guardians

>Deadpool sells less than Ultron

Yeah fuckin right

Is it weird I'm pissed Civil War II has any sales at all. I'd love a near total boycott of the title.

Uh ... Defending my favorite writer is now a falseflag???

Young Justice
Peter David style, not cartoon style.
Maybe something no one would ever expect, like L.E.G.I.O.N.

The thing is that DC actually managed to successfully pull off a New Coke/Coke Classic.

>this will never happen
I don't want to live anymore

My pull is dropping to 6 books, and lord knows how long those will last. (Spider-Man 2099, US Avengers, Ultimates, Inhumans (when Auran is there), Ms. Marvel, Thunderbolts)

not weird at all. It's an event that should not even be happening to begin with, but the heads wanted to do a shameless cash in.

Nothing wrong with the idea, provided its done well. But they spent 3 months into planning the event itself and it still blows chunks.

Didn't Feige tell Perlmutter to fuck right off? You'd think he'd want to separate the comics and movies out of pure spite.

>Thunderbolts
Did you lose a bet or something?

It's possible.

>Nothing wrong with the idea
I disagree.
These hero vs. hero events are ALWAYS fucking stupid.

It's impossible to do well, because it's just having a bunch of adult friends childishly beat each other up over differing opinions while breaking shitloads of laws.

>Or are you seriously telling me that it's easier to find a Superman fan than it is to find a Deadpool fan nowadays?
Mate, people in third world countries who have never even heard of a "movie" know who Superman is.

Superman, Batman and Spider-Man are just that well spread.

DC seems too busy lapping up mediocre talent sadly. Seriously, wasting exclusives on Humphries and Tynion?

Oh hey SB/DB.

I'm a marvel fan, and I kind of want this to happen because Marvel's been sitting on laurels a little too long and I want them to get back to writing good stories instead of clickbait

Protip: many writers who suck at Marvel and/or indies are good or decent at DC.

Brevoort isn't inherently bad, he's a mad dog that can be turned in a direction to do good or bad. He knows his shit. He loves comic books. He understands the characters. However he's an asshole and enjoys being an asshole. When you let him be an asshole with the characters then he is bad. Under a good EiC Brevoort could be a good editor

Brevoort pls

I can't wait for the shit storm to unfold. I really hope their numbers drop like a rock. It's the only thing that will force them to improve.

How many people over the age of 30 saw Deadpool? Do you think young people are the only people that exist? Older people love Superman.

>From Marvel to DC
Writer/Artist improves
>From DC to Marvel
Opposite

Humphries is doing better at DC than at Marvel. Lemire, Soule, and Kulder are all doing worse.

On top of Williamson, Abnett, Merino...

They've really fucked up with those exclusives.

J U S T

But he's right user, He was the best editor marvel had in the 90s

Humphries is actually doing well.

Tynion continues to suckle at the Snyder teat.

>90s
That isn't saying much. It's saying nothing, in fact.

Tynion was doing well with Constantine. They should let him there.

Maybe there are better editors and/or the company doesn't try to force them shove characters into the series they write?

Tynion is...not bad.

Oh yes, DC has better editors and it's really no competition.

This isn't about company wars. GL is fun but hardly what I call "good." 'Tec is trash and in all the time Tynion's been at DC the only decent thing he's put out is Hellblazer. Why DC is putting their universe in these writers' hands is beyond me. At the very least get Priest on an exclusive too. He's an actual good writer who is literally right there.

>This isn't about company wars.
And yet you mad at DC doing much better than Marfail.

The dogfucker is actually great on GLs...then again Jessica is my waifu and Simon is my brofu...
About Tynion, i don't like him or his daddy Snyder, that said TEC is actually a better book than Batman, i mean at least shit happens there.

Only title I'm eve slightly interested in is Nova but purely for Dick

Marvel is intentionally tanking their comics so Disney sells.
Trust me, my nephew's uncle works there.

Why doesn't Disney outsource Marvel to Dark Horse?

The problem is that they created a jumping off point for old readers with Secret Wars. Look at Ms. Marvel, her book could have ended in the event after that story.

Then relaunches confused the newer readers. Multiple #1s? Huh?

I hate that. Plus the fact that they begin with the same title so often.
Captain America #1. Which one? There are like 4 different Captain America #1.

What the fuck, mate. Learn how to read. I'm a DCfag. I'm being bitter they're dropping the ball with their exclusives. Ewing on a DC exclusive would be a dream but a fucking impossible one based on how DC is giving them out these days.

>I'm a DCfag
Yeah, all DC haters say so...

>Toys.

Who do you think the primary consumer of those are?

I love how your unsubtle bait is going to get serious replies. The old "pretend to be something and act retarded to make that fanbase look bad" never fails, does it?

>my nephew's uncle works there.

You mean your brother?

My pull list at Marvel literally dropped down to four books. And one of them I'm hate reading because I'm a spider fag.

lel what a cuck. Seriously, man...

My Marvel pullist dropped to 0, for a while to tell the truth. I wanted to buy a few but I don't want to suppert Marvel at all.

>My Marvel pullist dropped to 0
Same here, since the day they stopped publishing Miracleman.
By the way...
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE REST OF THE SERIES MARVEL
YOU PROMISED TO PUBLISH ALL OF IT AND HAVE GAIMAN AND BUCKINGHAM FINISH THE BOOK

Vision? Ultimates?

Silk, Vision and Awesome Hulk.

Vision is good enough to pirate

As if the comics are even a fraction of the profits of the Marvel IP that Disney receives.