Goddamn this character is so fucking redundant

Goddamn this character is so fucking redundant

>In b4 diversity
Iron Man has Rhodey and Pepper why not use them

What I hate is that everyone and their mother is a genius these days in comics

Because Rhodey is dead and Pepper wants nothing to do with him after the Superior Iron Man fiasco.

Those guys are old. We gotta make a new teenage black girl to attract the teenage black girl community into reading our books and giving us their justin bieber concert ticket money

Bendis killed Rhodey and he doesn't even acknowledge superior iron man so why would he acknowledge that?

I haven't been keeping up with this shit, is Tony dead?

>Iron Man has Rhodey
Not anymore.

Nope. Just retiring from being Iron Man after CWII. Victor von Doom is the new Iron Man.

No. Hes just getting a new black sidekick after Rhodey got killed.

She's not Iron Man, she's Ironheart

Victor von Doom is Iron Man

Same reason misty knight, shang chi, blade, northstar, dust, jubilee, american eagle, valkyrie, and mantis dont have ongoings

Cause fuck actual representation we need to piss off our fanbase while looking respectible to the libbys

She looks great and we're oversaturated with Tony Stark everywhere we turn.

>Victor is Iron Man
This gives me a headache. Doom seriously downgraded

Why not Rhodey's niece is the real question. Isn't she everything that this new character is supposed to be but with an actual connection to the characters?

Bendis wouldn't get the royalties for that Ales Kot would

So how does that make her any less redundant?

Pepper is (was?) Rescue, and she is only a defensive fighter because she said she didn't want to be a killer like Tony. I really hope we never see her again.

Rhodey was already Iron Man and is just Carol Danver's fuck buddy now.

Marvel just lets Bendis do whatever he wants because he turns in all 50 of his ongoing's scripts on time and he always sells in the top 10 lists.
>It's Bendis, ain't gotta explain shit

It's a fucking Bendis character, who cares about her?

Nah, he's still ruler of Latveria and all that. He just also does the Iron manning as well.

Really, the best thing to do would be have Rhodey become Iron Man and either Lila Rhodes or Riri Whatever become the new War Machine. You could do a decent overarching plot with Iron Doom and Iron Rhodes butting heads over who's the real successor to Tony.

I think not even Ales Kot really read that miniseries, it sold miserably and I've literally only seen that brought up on Cred Forums

>Pepper is (was?) Rescue, and she is only a defensive fighter because she said she didn't want to be a killer like Tony.
Toni Ho is Rescue over in New Avengers right now.
And she uses the forcefields to decapitate a planetary guardian.
So much for not being a killer?

Not just Rhodey and Pepper, Marvel has Lila Rhodes, who's almost exactly this character only she's been around for a while, has a developed history and personality, and would be a natural successor to War Machine.

Why do Iron Man-types always need to be humans?
A proud Mechanical-American should be Iron Man.

>valkyrie
She just had Fearless Defenders

Benis wanted a self insert for his nigger daughter

It was shite. Even compared to Iron Man 2.0.

I really liked Rescue. But I guess I'm in the minority.

>he's still ruler of Latveria and all that
No he isn't. Doom abondoned Latveria once his face got fixed and the whole place has fallen to shit in his abscence.

That sounds dreadful.

See, this is what fucking confused me. I thought Rhodey's daughter WAS the person to be replacing Tony. Then this fucking Riri chick shows up out of nowhere.

It makes it much easier to write. If every character shares 90 percent of traits, it takes longer to notice that you're writing every character as the same person.

It's why in most shows and cartoons, when there's a very young child character, s/he's always incredibly smart since it saves the writers the trouble of learning how to write a child.

I'm giving Riri a year and then she'll be gone. No one's going to care about her.

>Rhodey's daughter

Niece.

Lila Rhodes already existed, but then Bendis had to mek his bland OC.

Lila would have made a better Ironheart.

>Ales Kot

Hold on, I think I get why they didn't bother using the character. Didn't Ales Kot practically call out Nathan Edmonson and kind of start shit with Marvel? Maybe they're not willing to use a Kot character because Kot might've brought Marvel bad publicity and they don't want to pay him royalties.

I'm annoyed by the fact that people are ignoring the big issue here. Writers are incentivized to cram in as many OCs as possible so they can get more royalties from them when they stop writing. It seems like this should be the trigger to shine light on poor industry practices instead of being the umpteenth rehash of the same race/genderswap thing that's happened a dozen times already.

Yeah, that's what I assumed at first too, and couldn't understand why people were bitching.

Then I read it, and now I'm bitching too.

Then again, if she was created by one of the biggest SJW assholes in comics, I'm almost OK with her not being used.

I like Kot's writing, but holy fuck is he a terrible person, as what he tried to do to Edmonson so aptly illustrates.

She can be her alternate and then Warheart when she gets over her drug addiction.

I don't like Kot and his Winter Soldier run was absolute crap, but I still would prefer Lila over Riri just for consistency and legitimacy to this storyline. Bendis needs to stop fellating himself for his horrible OCs anyway.

Only a few of them even survive long enough to be used later.

Doesn't that make it worse that they're doing this damage for effectively nothing, then?

She ended up changing. When he first gave her the reactor to save her life, she got pissed and said she didn't want to be a killer like Tony. Then when Tony needed it to reboot his brain and save his life, she screamed at him that it was her reactor and how dare he take that power from her. Then she wrote that letter to him blaming him for taking Happy from her, when she was the one who begged him to take him off life support.

God I hate Pepper in every universe. What were we talking about again?

Kamala's runaway success makes everyone want to be the next big thing. Plus to begin with having a character you made up being on the level of ones you grew up reading about as a child.

That doesn't support my hatred of her so I'm gonna ignore it.

Thing is, Bendis wanted an insert for one of his daughters.

>What I hate is that everyone and their mother is a genius these days in comics

Geniuses make the majority of the advancement in society.

If you're changing the world in any significant way, you're probably a fucking genius. If anything, comics have this right.

Her book will be gone, the character will linger as she gets shoved off onto some team. Possibly Champions.

>why not use them

They've already been used. Casual.

>HURR WHY IS TONY GETTING AN EXTENDED CAST HURRR

Because this is rhodey and pepper rolled into one.

This is a Rhodey that Tony can fuck.

Best of both worlds.

Byrne isn't writing this, I don't think they're going to let Tony fuck a 15 year-old.

Make way for the better Ironman, peasants.

>Iron Man has Rhodey and Pepper why not use them
She's all of them combined
>Smart
>Black
>Has tits

If she gets any kind of traction, she's an easy twofer. Hell, even if she doesn't, Marvel gets critical kudos for the "effort".

Who they should have used is Lila Rhodes but she's not created by Bendis so he wouldn't get credit for inclusiveness by giving her an ongoing

Because Bendis' plan to revitalize the Ironman franchise didn't work, so he's pulling the same stunt he did with Spider-man to renew interest.

Also he's obsessed with black people.

>Add two new black characters
>SO OBSESSED xD

Rhodey Stark
Iron Man 3030

>Wrote a story focusing on BLM
>Admitted to have a man-crush on Luke Cage
>Married his OC to Luke Cage
>Adopted two black girls IRL.

I mean even if that's not obsession to you, you have to admit he must have some sort of weird fixation.

I have to agree with this. If you're successfully getting involved with the super hero business, you either have powers or be a genius. A dumbass isn't going to build a Iron Man suit. I'm sure there's plenty of people that try in the Marvel universe, but only a genius is going to succeed. Why would there be a story about all the failures? The comics are about that rare % that makes it.

>Toni Ho is Rescue over in New Avengers right now.
I thought she was Iron Patriot?

they tried shang chi.... it did not go well

I can't be the only one that thinks the idea of Iron Man with jungle fever is hilarious.

This confuses me.
Why are they advertising this new chick as Iron man when Victor is taking up the legacy?

Because Iron Man is more likely to sell than Ironheart.

The name of the comic will have both Iron Man and Ironheart in it.

Victor will probably have "legal" control over Iron Man and Tony's company, while Iron Heart will be backed and mentored by Tony himself in order to fight back.

>those faces

A good comic would be nice

Fearless Defenders was fun. The only thing really bad was the issue where a lot of the boyfriend and other guy pal types were written weirdly compared to other appearances but even then the fights were cool.

I kinda agree, especially for the consistency. Canon is important, and Bendis is terrible at that.

I admire Bendis for practicing what he preaches - you can't get any more real then adopting poor children short of actually quitting your job and doing relief work instead. What has Kots done, besides trying to ruin Edmonson's life for having the wrong politics?

And doesn't look like a seventies stereotype with a retarded name.

Canon and the story is sometimes more important than whatever power struggles are going on behind the scene. I don't like seeing a story suffer because of this shit.

If it was Lila, people would have less legitimate complaints about this storyline. It would feel natural. Rhodey dies, his niece who has already shown tech genius and talent with the suits is now old enough to step in, has real motivation and stakes in becoming part of this. Riri comes out of nowhere and I think that's a huge issue people have with her. I have no problem with more diversity or new characters, I just want them to make sense.

Well, he once took a Philosophy 101 class so he thinks that gives him the expertise to lecture people about the resonant nature of avant-garde and dada art. So that's something.

Rhodey has a niece whos super smart even!

>Riri comes out of nowhere and I think that's a huge issue people have with her.

That'd actually make for some great character drama.

The worst thing is this is basically a death toll for Lila. She can't really come back because people would compare her to Riri, who will now be a more famous character.

All that potential character development with the death of Rhodes just gone forever. Like tears in the rain.

>Why would there be a story about all the failures?
Because the Great Lakes Avengers is still the best Marvel series ever produced

It's a shame, because I could actually see Lila and Riri interacting having some really good moments. Riri's existence doesn't HAVE to erase Lila just because they're similar, there's so much potential for them coming together. Why not have the two team up? It forces them to become two very distinct characters other than smart black teenage girl 1 & 2.

But it's not going to happen. RIP Lila, the true heir.

>It forces them to become two very distinct characters other than smart black teenage girl 1 & 2.
This is Bendis we're talking about

Because Bendis didn't create Rhodey or Pepper. Because Bendis wasn't satisfied with all his other creations, so he had to make another.

Because Bendis.

If Marvel won't do it let there at least be some yuri fanart of this

I've not read any cape comics for a few years, so why is Doom not a villain anymore? Why is he Ironman?

Why can't he just still be Doom and why can't Stark just be Ironman? I never liked all this "taking the mantle" nonsense, just make new heroes and let the old ones rest if it must change.

Reed's not around so he's not a total asshole to everyone

Doesn't Bendis have two daughters?

Yes, he does.

IIRC the one he made Riri for is called Sabrina Sab RI na for those who didn't get where the name is from

>why is Doom not a villain anymore? Why is he Ironman
After Secret Wars (3?) Doom lost his god powers so now he has to "find himself". He quit being the ruler of Latvia along with it.

>Why can't he just still be Doom and why can't Stark just be Ironman?
Because Marvel fucking sucks now.

So she should have been Rina. Sounds like an actual name and still uses the Ri.

There are lots of places you could with it. A rivalry between the two, Lila becoming more aggressive and pro-active, Riri feeling unaccomplished and fake since she was handed a set of armor and gets the Tony AI telling her exactly what to do, Tony and Riri's mom dating. The possibilities are endless.

Personally I'd go full legacy for everyone including the villains.

>3?
4, actually.

She's pretty young the IRL girl, not the comic one, Riri might be a nickname.

Repeating sounds is common for kids. My daughter's nickname is Samjam

>Rhodey and Pepper
begging ya to read a comic

Rhodey is dead and Tony has MJ instead of Pepper now.

It's an interesting idea.
It's just a shame Bendis is writing it.

read the thread moron