Who is this version of cyclops? he's a sexy twink

who is this version of cyclops? he's a sexy twink.

Past Cyclops.
He's Cyclops
But from the past.

Beast went back in time and took the original 5 X-Men and brought them to the present to teach present day Cyclops a lesson because who fucking knows that part made no sense.

Beast couldn't send them back because time reasons so now they are stuck here. They've drifted apart and now teen Scott is on the Champions.

Time travel was a mistake.

>Alonso wanted the original 5 X-Men in the present
>Bendis volunteered to write it
>Apes the Teen Tony plot from the 90's but does it from the past instead of an alternate dimension

uh okay, so if they came from the past, and left that all behind, what happens to their lives in the past? doesn't that fuck up all the history of the x-men because they were removed from it? Also, now I'm interested in what all the other original 5 are doing. why did they drift apart? So do they just go on living knowing that there are two cyclops in the universe? Did cyclops give up on teaching the present cyclops not to be an asshole?

The timeline is completely fine, no history is fucked up they were all still there somehow, Hopeless is currently writing their story over on All New X-Men and it's fucking atrocious.
They basically go on a road-trip minus teenJean, with kid Apocalypse and some new mutant that's probably a secret inhuman and we have no clue what happened with adult Cyclops, that's presumably coming up in the Death of X event that covers that 7 month stretch, or part of it.

Young Scott Summers is cool anyway, old men should just die.

Don't try to think too hard about it. The deal is they have been for at least two years in the present but somehow the past wasn't affected.

No Prize answer: they lied about their age and were actually two years younger when Beast brought them up.

Real answer: Bendis is an stupid idiot and his Friends Lemire and Hopeless are even worse.

Modern X-Men is best ignored.
IT's a fucking disaster on every front.

I feel like the original 5 X-Men coming back as teens has to be the ultimate nail in the coffin of all these generations of young X-Men we got, right?

Like - you don't matter, you never mattered.

Don't group Lemire in with those two.

I dunno about his Marvel work but The Nobody was great and Descender has been fucking amazing.

he was the bomb on sweet tooth

Beast created a divergent timeline at the point that he took the kids.
The X-Men from today technically aren't the older versions of the past X-Men Beast brought over.
But yeah, that divergent timeline Beast made is probably fugged

Oh no doubt. It broke the franchise.

Funnily enough, Bendis stole the idea wholesale from a New Mutants mini.

Sorry. Every writer has a downfall. He should've thought twice before becoming friends with Bendis

Jeff Lemire said he was a DC kid. I bet he's unhappy creatively at Marvel.

Franklin fixed it when he recreated everything

>Like - you don't matter, you never mattered.
That was always the case user. At *best* a couple per generation will continue to matter.

>Timeline where Jean Grey doesn't become the Phoenix
>Timeline with no AvX
Might be better off desu. Sure, the X-Men have dealt with serious threats to the earth before, but them being gone may just mean the Avengers and F4 would have to step in more.

Not to mention it's just the O5. Chances are Xavier just recruits the rest of the Uncanny team earlier. Maybe keeps a tighter hold on Havok & Polaris.

No, only Bendis was a mistake

>hopeless writing teen heroes
Someone needs to stop that man

after they missed their window to be returned to the past, the timeline severed their 'anchor' point and retroactively cut them off. As far as the timeline is concerned, they never 'left' the past, they just emerged fully formed and with full memories in the present. a set of 'time clones' if you will.

or to put it another way, if someone brute forced reality to send them to the past, that would result in two sets of O5 X-Men running around in that period

Or they could return one second after they left...

>they lied about their age and were actually two years younger when Beast brought them up.
You'd think Beast would know how fucking old they were when he brought them back considering he was fucking there already!

there would still be two sets. that's the point. once the timeline resettled they never 'left' in any way, shape, or form, beast just unintentionally xerox'd them

I don't mind the new generations at all. Obviously they don't keep the spotlight. But the original 5 back as kids again does feel like the ultimate discarding of them.

Clearly you need to write them out and quarantine them in a new Exiles book.

Headcanon is what it is.

>endless Laura/Warren
>shit all over kidclops
>iceman spaghetti whenever boys
>FUCK YOU EVAN, CAN'T SAVE YOURSELF

I like bits and pieces here but I would be happy to see Hopeless off this title.

I thot that the method he used eliminates the divergence factor?

Futurama did it.

Poor Laura. Long gone the days she was her own character. Lost soul in clutches of Bendis and his irk. A needless, empty, life.

That new Ultimates comic, the one with Cap Marvel and Black Panther, has already mentioned this superheroes-cause-timetravel-paradoxes problem as potentially destroying the universe if not stopped.
The girl team-member that travels between dimensions said that she's seen parallel universes where this exact thing has fucked up reality.
It's not already fixed.

No it didn't

Vision girl is so fucking hot holy shit

Why is Beast back to his pre-secondary mutation non lion form again these days?

weird time shit. there's still the furry blue beast running around, this one is his younger doppelganger

Marvel figured that over the years the original five had changed so much that if the current versions were standing next to the first depictions they would basically be completely different characters.
And seeing as that's a pretty interesting idea to explore they made it happen.

... and then when young Beast showed up there was finally a second supergenius world expert in mutation to consult with about a treatment for Hank's undesirable continuous multiple mutations.
And that's how Beast got five fingers again.

Hank looks like he's about ready to fuck himself in this panel.

Is Beast trying to one up Pym for most fucked up smart guy who wants to be a hero but is really meant to a super villain award?

I really hate Hank's current mutation.
Catman is superior to Gorillaman.

>it was your idea Bobby...
>you see...
>you're gay

"Hey, remember that time when we were in the middle of a conversation and then suddenly we were all just two years older and we never thought to question it? And how Jean and Warren had new powers afterwards? And how Scott was made sterile but then somehow had a son with Madalyn when he married her a few years later? Man, our teenaged years and I guess early twenties were a wild time of unsolved, unresolved mysteries!"

Before he ruined his by dedicating his dick to the craziest, most powerful, psychic he can find. Red hair, Blonde hair, Bald, doesn't matter.

Didn't Doom kill him in Secret Wars?

It did exactly that. Except the time clones would explode.

Christ, what a shit show.

The Incredible Cuck, some other cuck, Not-Vision, Worst X-Man, Spidernigger, and a literal mudslime.

Who buys this shit?

Except they explicitly dispelled that point when they had Young Cyclops temporarily dying make old Cyclops fade from existence.

They went out of their way to write themselves into a huge hole.

Ever since "No More Mutants" he's been ramping up the Pym levels of crazy. I mean, Pym merged with Ultron and Beast is still giving him a run for his money.

Never trust a scientist named Hank.

(you)

I don't know. I guess people who aren't so consumed by their blinding hatred of anyone - fictional or otherwise - who looks or acts a little bit different than them that they're rendered incapable of enjoying a good story on its own merits, I guess?

Or, to speak in language that you understand, "faggot faggot nigger queer cuck libtard commie different than me different than me differentthanmedifferentthanmedifferentthanmedifferentthanmedifferentthanmedifferentthanmedifferentthanme."

In our world, the dominant culture is corrupt and the status quo is indefensible.

Anyone smart that wants to make the world better is by definition wishing they were a super-villain.

Tumblr was a mistake.

Yeah, it really drew in too many cucks.

You're thinking of an anti-hero.

>The adventures of Beast
I just want a self-aware x-comic about Beast constantly fucking up. I would be so happy.

So was Cred Forums

You should have specified

Tyke is cyclops without all the interesting things people like about him. Marvel's complete squandering of what they had there should go down in history as one of their biggest fuckups.