Fucking bitch

Fucking bitch.

I wonder how that Pitch show is, anyway.

>Let's make this show, just in case Baseball Girl washes out.

The whole premise is just so idiotic that I can't believe they actually did it. Like I instantly thought of the Futurama episode when I saw the commercial.

What's the premise beyond Girl Pitcher?

That's it. That's literally it. Apparently a woman has a screwball pitch that is just 10x better than anyone else's and that's apparently enough to get into the major leagues.

>the average speed of an MLB pitch in the 2015 season was 92 miles per hour
>the world record for the single fastest pitch ever thrown by a woman is 69 miles per hour

Have you spergs ever heard of suspension of disbelief or do you get triggered anytime a fictional woman does anything ever?

Actually she throws trick balls.

>Have you spergs ever heard of suspension of disbelief or do you get triggered anytime a fictional woman does anything ever?

But it's not supposed to be fantasy, out of the realm of possibility, or an allegory. It literally just says "what if some girl was better than some boys, and the boys didn't like that". If it's questioning maybe the view of why male athletes and male-dominated sports are more respected/watched/financed, it throws out the window the facts of why that is in favor of a poorly hidden power fantasy 'to prove boys wrong'.

Women are more prone to injury, less muscular and lower bone density than the average male (this is due to evolutionary roles in our hominid history) There is less interest by all sexes to watch female sports due to less skill being involved compared to male exhibitions of the same sport (hockey, basketball, baseball etc).

>men are stupid and easily tricked

>what is a knuckleball
>what is a screwball
>what is an ephus
I know there are very few Cred Forumsn/sp/irators but don't make yourself look more tumblr than the person you're accusing of being so by having absolutely no understanding of baseball

Yes we get it, you hate women.

I certainly wasn't clear but I made this thread because this episode always frustrated me with how completely rude she was to Leela and how the show seemed to kiss her ass anyway

Maybe you're reading too much into it.
Also it's not like Sports fiction is ever accurate.

And so this sats anything about the show, why? There's a what if scenario presented and it proceeds to anger you because it couldnt actually happen.

That's a large portion of what fiction is.

But there isn't a triggered thread about Batgirl, Batwoman, Huntress, etc every day and everything you're saying applies directly there

Yeah I can't believe she'd get mad at someone who was making a mockery out of her sport.

What a fucking bitch right.

Also the episode just wasn't very funny, Leela's an ass-kicker which can lend itself well to several funny moments, but we were just supposed to laugh at how terrible at baseball she was.

I'm not saying she can't be a doofus for an episode, it's just that an episode about baseball is fucking low-interest in Futurama.

>work hard for years to move up
>finally on the verge of a pro contract
>gonna be the first woman to play in the majors and be a real inspiration
>then some one-eyed bimbo beats you there because she's a clown that can't play for shit
She was right to be upset.

Because Leela was a joke and completely oblivious to it
There are people who get pissy about the whole 90 lb waif who can judo throw a 300 pound man with no powers.

>But there isn't a triggered thread about Batgirl, Batwoman, Huntress, etc every day and everything you're saying applies directly there
But superheroes claim to be fantasy, in a world where magic and "science" reside

>Maybe you're reading too much into it.
No, that user was right It's literally more SJW/'gurrrrlll power' shilling. I don't give a shit there are tv shows and even sports shows withy women in them, but the moment those shows start based off of lies and pandering; intelligent people who can critically think have a right to be upset. If you don't want to piss off smart people, don't shill libtard horseshit.

I thought about this. Could a Woman with an effective knuckleball really make it? They'd still need another effective pitch.

So even if that element of fantasy doesn't apply to a character you still suspend your disbelief?Digging yourself deeper here.

They'd need to be able to throw it harder than they are capable of, and would need a wicked second pitch

>Cred Forums
If truth upsets you that much, then fuck off back to tumblr

No, because they need many, many other categories of physical fitness that they simply could not attain to be a part of a professional baseball team. Women have poorer hand-eye coordination, worse spatial awareness, and the obvious sexual dimorphism between us means less muscle and more difficulty attaining muscle. Sure she might be able to throw a trick ball ok, but she could never match a male pitcher's fastball, and fastballs are REALLY important. So between a pitcher who can do one thing really good or a pitcher who can do a bunch of things pretty good, the choice is obvious.

I love how the moral of this one was "who cares if you're the FIRST woman something, just be a GOOD woman something"

Did you even read his fucking post you cunt?
>But it's not supposed to be fantasy, out of the realm of possibility, or an allegory

Drugs and tech help them out. Also, magic. This girl can use neither of those and is somehow competing with men.