Is Blight wasted potential? Despite fancying himself as a walking apocalypse...

Is Blight wasted potential? Despite fancying himself as a walking apocalypse, he doesn't get any shit done and is reduced to eating sandwiches in isolation before being easily killed off.

Other urls found in this thread:

dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most of the Batman Beyond characters are wasted potential since they're not really ever going to be used.

They don't recur/stay alive after their initial appearance. Only like Inque and I think Ten did, arguably Blight too but he didn't really get to show off his powers and shit too much.

Shriek and Spellbinder stayed and Babel was the best episode

Shriek had the best design.

Spellbinder came back a few times. Same with the kid that could control machines, but he came back as the ripped fucker. Kurare and that native American like guy came back. I think Shriek came back as well.

>So, he melted with the submarine
>Sure he did...

>native American
?? who ??

Being a walking apocalypse isn't practical. Of course he couldn't do anything.

Apparently he is African.

dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker

Derek Powers is shit. See, if Lex Luthor accidentally got turned into a green skeleton man he would have found a way to make it work for him.

He would have just made another power suit powered by his dusty old bones

Filled with with green dust

Still better than going all hikikomori like Powers did.

I'm still sad we can't have a decent version of Dr. Phosphorus.

I would've thought we'd see him in Beware the Batman or the Arkham games, but no. Green radioactive skeleton man is too cool of a visual to let it go to waste.

The Batman was pretty good with him for that one appearance.

They fucked up the visual though. They made him a generic lava man.

He wasn't killed off. It was obvious they were going to bring him back (eventually) but the show was cancelled.

Blight hadn't really accepted himself as a walking nuke. Before this he was largely still Derek Powers, and it wasn't until Mr. Freeze started to turn against everyone that his personality started to crack and he gave himself the name Blight, and it wasn't until even later that Bruce finally figured out Powers was Blight, and that was only because he had a meltdown in a board meeting.

If the show hadn't gotten axed (which it rightfully deserved because Maxine Gibson is the absolute pinnacle of higher-up control intruding on a creator's desires), Powers would have definitely come back fully accepting himself as Blight and only Blight, with Derek Powers "dead". He would have been trapped on a submarine by himself at the bottom of the Atlantic, and when he finally did get recovered he would be the most spiteful, apathetic son of a bitch whose condition has gotten so bad even Batarangs would disintegrate before hitting him.

what was wrong with Maxine? it's good they gave Terry someone who could be more of a friend than Bruce

been a while since I watched the show though

Who fucking wrote this? Who was the artist? Why are they not on the current rebirth be team? Why isn't this our standard BB?

Very schway.

I didn't like that fucking jlu episode where they just make Terry a clone of Bruce because of muh batman

Bernard Chang is better than that, you're only being autistic because of the slight redesign.

He's not a clone, he's a son.

They used his DNA to impregnate a woman.

Loved him in Gotham Academy.

His mom (I guess?) was introduced in Gotham during Snyder's run.

More like "Punisher Beyond" huh?

>Nelson's schway car
Everytime

I thought she and Gordon kinda had a thing.

Gordon has a habit of creating fucked up children, maybe Derek was his illegitimate.

Am I wrong in remembering that he really only has 2 episodes dedicated to him in the entire fucking show?

In the comics, Blight's son eventually comes into the picture as sort of a dickish heir

>Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Batman 2
>*Cybernetic Batman shows up and rips his own face off*

There was something like that.

He wasn't killed off its assumed he was but no body was ever found.

If the show had another season i think him returning would have been a big thing.

Comics!

Late reply, but Max was inexplicably forced into the story at the start of season two. She didn't exist nor was planned to be created until higher-ups wanted more diversity in the show. (No, this isn't Cred Forums, this is what was asked of Bruce Timm.) The end result was Maxine Gibson, a young, rebellious black girl with a perfect grade in school who can hack into any computer system despite not being able to afford any technology as she comes from a broken home and lives with her sister who is always traveling for work, meaning she takes care of herself. Every time she's in the plot she is always headstrong, determined, and can fight better than thugs or trained mercenaries, and she's the only one in Gotham to discover the new Batman's identity. She's an absolute Mary Sue, she adds nothing to the plot, and worst of all she's voiced by Cree Summers.

You make it sound like he died far into it

He died early and one of his most prominent episodes was Inque's introduction which obviously focused a lot more on her

They had plenty of time to bring him back, another season wouldn't make a difference

I like that she was from a broken home
Can't get away from all the black stereotypes by just making her a black nerd

>and worst of all she's voiced by Cree Summers.

I was ok with everything you said until here.

I guess the problems I have with her stem from a suspension of disbelief. My dad would watch cartoons with me while growing up and in exchange I had to play sports, and when the episode where she was getting gangstalked for being smarter than a WASP aired my dad shouted, "Ain't no way a fucking nigger would do better than that kid, ain't that right user? You know any blacks at school smarter than you?"

This. Blight's last episode was the season 1 finale. They had plenty of time to bring him back but they never did.

>Pulled into the center of the Earth.

This had to of been the most horrifying death in the series.

But user, in the DCAU, Earth is hollow. He's in Skartaris now.

Apparently not
>Dwayne McDuffie on “Chaos at the Earth’s Core”: “Earth isn’t hollow; Skartaris is in a pocket dimension, illustrated by both Green Lantern’s ring insisting they were still at the North Pole and by the glowy dimensional interface the ship passed through

>the reason why I dont like her is because my dad hates blacks
Okay.

And she has tumblr hair.

I always liked Max and the fact that Terry had someone around his age to talk shop with. The only other person that wasn't ancient was Dana, whose job was basically just be the neglected girlfriend.

>claims to not Cred Forums
>goes full Cred Forums

to be fair, she had tumblr hair before tumblr was a thing. back then colored hair was still just a generic cyberpunk thing

its not just the redesign its the stupid story choices.

>Future's End is now canon to the Beyond story
>Bruce is dead
>Terry's mom is dead
>Barbara Gordon is like 20 years younger for no reason

I can live with the red eye redesign. But it's making Futuure's End canon to beyond that kills me.

Also that and they are literally reviving the Joker.

because we totally haven't seen that before.

Honestly, they should have just kept Higgins and Silas and gone back to the pre-future's end 2.0 status quo. since Higgins so far has been the only writer to actually understand what makes the Beyond universe tick. before him we had garbage like Hush beyond and Catwoman beyond. every other writer who has taken on the beyond world falls into exactly the kind of trap that Dini and Timm's crew tried to avoid, which was rehashing batman's rogues and concepts, and instead, where need be, expanding them or doing them differently. (Inque was a very different take on Clayface, and the Jokerz were a very unique take on the Joker's legacy without actually fucking using the Joker or "son of the joker")

Worth mentioning that Higgins and is behind Rewire, and he fits like a glove. you can totally see him having come from some lost episode of Beyond.

yet here we are, and now theyre reviving the Joker again.

How would you do Batman Beyond? You are given complete creative control over the series, with the only rules being that it must follow Terry as Batman in the future

>hire higgins
>maybe experiment with who's on art, otherwise get Silas

>erase anything future's end
>erase anything before 2.0, like Hush Beyond
>set a rule of no bringing back or making "new" versions of Batman's old villains unless there's a very good damn reason or for some special event (like Freeze and Bane in the TV show, and Joker in the movie)
>Joker is entirely off limits as a character

there, I just fixed Beyond.

God I miss those days, when I could be reasonably sure that you were into punk or metal or something when you had piercings, tattoos and coloured hair.

did he die though?
or worse, he just starves to death

doesn't melt or anything else, but forced to be inside some white/yellow area he can't escape until he just dies of starvation.

only 2 people know hes there, fuck me.
that would haunt me until i died.

>tfw cyberpunks aren't fighting the megacorps with 1337 hax0rz skill anymore

what happened?

depends, he would probably suffocate first.

if he doesnt need to breathe while incorporeal then he might starve to death.

if he needs to eat while incorporeal...

he'd still age probably though
even then, its just a lonely fucking death

He actually got kryptonite cancer at one point, and used it as an excuse to transfer his brain into a better body.

Honestly, black nerd has been used as a counter-stereotype so many times that it has become its own stereotype.

We never got RoboBatman 2 vs. Batman. With Blight's mother screaming, "BEHAVE YOURSELVES!!!" ;_;

>worst of all
>not best of all

What they should've done was make Dana his new intel person instead of Max, because then she wouldn't be such a throwaway character and you could even see their relationship flourish.
Plus it'd be funny if Dana found out about Ten and start getting bitchy over the thought of Terry cheating on her while he's trying to fight bad guys.

Megacorps found out it's counterproductive to air shows that make them into the bad guys, especially if it's airing on a network they own. They changed cyberpunk (and much of sci-fi as it is) into being pure aesthetics and not glimpses to a possibly bleak future should we not correct our present ways. It's like how in 2000 AD there's a lot of those mega fatasses that need the wheel to haul their girth around, that's what happens as our diets gradually shift to fatty foods and sugary drinks. you should start exercising again btw