Characters That Shouldn't Exist

ITT: Characters who are unnecessary, shoehorned in or otherwise completely pointless.

Wasn't he the main character though?

This guys a new character who looks like the other one but smaller, with glasses and wood element.

One third of the characters in Legend of Korra including the immediate Team Avatar.
Scrappy Doo
Godzooky

sorry wanna run that one by me again

"no"

We get this instead of Jack becoming the metal dragon how it was suppose to be

His name is Ping Pong.

At very least they could've brought in Jermaine considering that he was an established character, had a dynamic with the monks and has proven to be badass in his own right even without an element. Wouldn't even matter that his VA is dead considering they replaced most of the cast anyway. There was no excuse for Ping Pong to exist

Jason Todd after Under the Red Hood

Why are you posting a pic of a lamp

Good fucking god, what did they do to Dojo?

>Godzooky
take that back

Explain to me why everyone hates this character other than his sick obsession with Lori?

He's boring and one note

and manages to come across that way in a show where everyone is one note

hes a black im my waifu show
im no cuck so h8 him

piece

You would think that, but apparently Raymundo was the chosen one some bizarre reason.
Seriously.
Raymundo.
Like what the hell.

Wow. That's... I don't know what that is. It's like someone's zero effort fan OC who actually made it into an official product.
Also, Ping Pong? They straight up named a Chinese guy Ping Pong?

They would waste so much time on Godzooky rather than bringing the focus back to Godzilla or the adults of the crew. I was annoyed by that even as a kid.

IIRC Ping Pong is just a nickname and his full name implies that he's European...Boris Jean-Pierre something or other...

As if Marvel needed more smart guys or child prodigies...

They didn't even bother giving him a personality...

>Ping Pong is just a nickname
I actually can't tell if that's worse or better

>black guy joins team
>"we know your name is Alexander Wilson, but we've all decided to call you Ooga Booga"

It's definitely worse

The joke is that he isn't even Chinese in the first place. Everyone just assumes he is because he looks like Omi.

>Omi trains his whole life to be the grand warrior
>Title is bestowed on the asshole who fucking betrayed them multiple times instead
I'm still fucking pissed

Omi was short and Asian, not hero material.

1st Season Omi was fucking GOAT. Then they realized that in order to make Rai the leader Omi would need to be significantly less competent.

Honestly, Clay was better qualified than both of them. Least likely to do something stupid in the future.

People get mad that he has episodes of him and Lincon rather than putting more spotlight on their waifus.

You could've stopped at jason todd

I was gonna complain at (OP) but... jesus.

i think for her to be shoe horned in she'd have to actually do stuff and have the focus put on her. she was completely pointless though.

It's called character development, retard. Him becoming the leader was his redemption.

I think she was sort of shoehorned out of nowhere in the first season.

She was introduced and shown exclusively as a minor love interest for the first half of the season and ended up becoming part of the main character team despite being in none of the promotional posters or trailers.

>We need someone to complete the love triangle without any other use or purpose

Omi was also deeply egotistical and it got the better of him more often than not. And he has a poor understanding of the world as a leader. Remember that time he lost all of his Good and promised to be Chase's apprentice? He was obviously manipulated but he kept that promise out of blind honor and his friends had to fight to save him again.
Ray only betrayed them once and after he did that he understood that he genuinely didn't like being evil so he could choose to be good. By the end he's gotten savvy enough that he could lie to hannibal bean's face and steal a wu right out from under his nose.
You've seen how grand masters like Dashi work, you don't want the deeply honorable and foolhardy leader, you want the one that understands how people actually work.

What are you taking about,she was super important from the get-go!! Don't you remember Korrasami was endgame from season 1?!

And fuck, Omi was willing to not destroy all evil forever just to keep a stupid promise. Yes it was trapped but Omi didn't know that. You honestly want a leader that would sell out the world because he pinky promised to?

hey, she was important. remember how she briefly reignited the love triangle in book 2 and then did absolutely nothing even though she was visibly hurt when korra kissed mako?

I don't think she even had lines after Korra returns and kisses Mako at the police station.

How did such a worthless character end up being part of the final shot of the avatar franchise?

>How did such a worthless character end up being part of the final shot of the avatar franchise?
This sounds like a conspiracy theory but I'm pretty sure it's because she's Bryan's waifu, only he doesn't know how to waifu correctly (if he did she would have taken over the spotlight a long time ago). He personally designed her and in the art book for book 1 he talks about how he's always struggled designing women and how proud he was of hers, and after Korra she had the most original art posted on his tumblr (which I think all in all is like two pieces, but still). He would also talk about how much he liked her character, he'd compliment Seychelle a lot in interviews, so even if Asami did fuck all in the show it was obvious Bryan was fond of her character. Then he goes online and he sees the fandom hates pretty much everyone BUT Asami, so he feels no need to change her or really do anything with her (in Remembrances they make fun of pretty much everything the fandom complained about EXCEPT how damn irrelevant Asami was), plus everyone and their dog ships her with Korra. Bryan sees a chance to further elevate a character that he really likes and takes the opportunity.

eh im fine with him
it's his parents i can't stand

She originally had a point in season 1, but they cut it out. They didn't have the heart to cut the character entirely, so they had this dead weight running around for the entire series pretending to be important. The lesbian shit was probably a half-assed attempt at justifying her existence.

I'm surprised how easily I was able to remember this fuckers name. That's all I remember aside from his "I have to go now, my planet needs me" write-off.

I couldn't care less that gay people exist in a cartoon user

they're both more interesting than Clyde too

Did Thomas do one interesting thing in his existence before turning out to be a secret agent or whatever happened?
What a waste of a character, don't know why he existed. It was something to do with Exit 9B wasn't it?

>Remembrances
That episode just makes Asami look like even more of a non-character.

She is the only member of "team avatar" that doesn't get her own flashbacks and while prince Wu, Mako's grandma and cousin and Varrick were actively being part of the retelling of Mako and Bolin's stories all Asami could do is suck up to Korra like an obedient lapdog without adding anything to the flashbacks except reminding Korra about stuff.

Yet Omi was plastered on the fucking title logo like he was.

>asami narrates events she literally wasn't around for
It's a shame because they would have made fun of how Asami was literally asked to leave a finale at one point.

>Asami was literally asked to leave a finale at one point.
They did her a favor, she is only useful against random non-bender mooks and there weren't any of those in the spiritpocalypse.

The problem is that there's almost nothing else to his personality other than that.

It might have made Asami look a bit more human if we actually saw her lose fights where she couldn't just twirl and flip her hair to victory.

Fuck Godzooky and Fuck Minya

Ping Pong is the worst.

Oh hi Mark

How did they even came up with the idea of Ping-Pong.

Same reason they changed every magical item into everyday things fuzzy bunny slippers. They gave up on everything

The main characters' characters are that they are boring and one note

Idk, there was that one episode where he completely REKTD their rival park.

>gay people exist means tumblr boogeyman
Ok

>He's voiced by Sonic the Hedgehog

Which one

Current one, Roger Craig Smith, who was also Batman in Arkham Origins

Man thats racist as shit.