So I was twelve when this show was on. Did Cred Forums consider it worth watching back then...

So I was twelve when this show was on. Did Cred Forums consider it worth watching back then? I feel like there's a lot of lore I was missing from this.

I was 12 when it came on too. This shiw was great. It and chowder saved cartoon network from mediocrity.

I loved this show, it had its creepy moments but it was cool

But thats what made it great. This show shaped my bizarre humor, along with zim and spongebob

This show is great if you enjoy surreal humor, like me. Otherwise, you probably just don't quite "get" it. No shame in that, though, it really isn't for everybody.

There is no lore just pure gross fun which is what made it cool

I feel like this show was before it's time. There were little hints of a plot in it, but it was made back when that was still not the norm for comedy based cartoons. I'd love to see more of it and to find out if Candy Island was real.

Also
>Like Doctor Barber and how weird and goofy he is
>Find out years later he was based on reality and doctors used to actually practice surgery on the side
Loved shit like that.

>lore

Fuck off. It's a funny cartoons for the kids.

Yeah, we loved Flapjack, Chowder and Batman Brave and the Bold despite the outlook being very bad for the channel.

Wasn't there an episode where Flapjack and Knuckles went to Candy Island but the moon stopped them from getting to walk upon it?

The character Flapjack is what lured me away from this show. I found him pretty annoying.

Cred Forums has a very similar relationship right now with Harvey Beaks. It gets a lot of love around here, but it doesn't seem to have an especially active fanbase otherwise.

Probably because it's not much more than a well-done kid's cartoon. And there's not much cheesecake.

I have a feeling everyone who gushes over Flapjack is younger than me. I'm 24 and when FJ & Chowder were airing was the worst era in cartoon network history. It was during CN Real and both FJ & Chowder felt like a step down from Grim Adventures, KND, PPG, Courage, EE&E, etc...

>it's not much more than a well-done kid's cartoon. And there's not much cheesecake.
This is how you keep a cancerous fanbase from forming around your show

I'm the same age and I love Flapjack. I honestly would put it up there next to Ed Edd n Eddy. Chowder isn't as great, but still good.

What put me off both shows while they aired was the emphasis in gross-out and surreal humor since I find those to be lazy. Also how ugly they looked in general. Chowder I watched if there was nothing else, but Flapjack I actively avoided

Flapjack and chowder were much better then KND, PPG, and EE&E. But desu grim and courage were godtier.

This entire era of cartoon, along with like Chowder and I guess the beginning of Adventure Time, is extremely underrated

>flapjack and chowder were much better then KND and EE&E

>Flapjack and chowder were much better then KND, PPG, and EE&E

As someone with much more nostalgia for KND, PPG, and EE&E, I'd still agree that Flapjack was superior them all. Flapjack was a goddamn treasure.

Chowder is probably on the same tier as them, though.